Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Interestingly enough, every team got a point in this week. It ended up with a tie between 7 and 8 by Yoda2798 and Yellow Paint, respectively. I'm gonna break it with a vote for 7 to give Yoda2798 win for the week. Cheers!

This week it'll be:

Gyarados + Kyurem-B. They're both blue. They're both cool. They're also both weak to Rock Slide, which is a cause for concern. Still, there's synergy to go around with this duo. Time to build with 'em!
Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

[11:34:44] derivations: can i submit a team twice
[11:35:03] Memoric: no
Because of this I ripped off a team that looked like this from an earlier submission:

The main part of this team was the extreme power of Kyurem-B and Gyarados, as they were holding Choice Bands which made them deal extremely high amounts of damage. I decided to scratch off Mega Charizard X so that I wasn't submitting the same team, but eventually that lead to the team just going back down to Gyarados+Kyurem-B :B

Here I was sitting with a pretty straightforward core-ish thing with two incredibly powerful mons in the meta game and I decided my best option was probably to go Landorus-T and see how the team developed from there, but that meant I was literally adding a second Intimidate mon to a core without resists to Sucker Punch and I had no Protect yet. At that point I decided that, since I was going incredibly HO with my first 3 mons and I had 0 Bisharp checks, I might try something that would not only make my lack of Protect and my Bisharp weakness slightly better and provide necessary speed control, but something that could also seriously piss off Stratos more than the team already did do that job.

The reasoning behind Scizor was that it could do a lot of things for the team, namely beat Steel types like Mega Metagross did but also not be weak to Sucker Punch/Knock Off, and with its base 140 Defense it can do that pretty easily. Scizor gets both Tailwind and Feint, which are incredibly useful for a team that started off with three choiced mons as it means Scizor can double the intensity of Kyurem-B's banded Outrages. Also with a ton of cool resists, Scizor provides great switching power for the team. Fuck Stratos.
However at this point I still lacked a great way to handle Bisharp, as Mega Scizor just switches in and does nothing. I thought about getting something that was resistant to at least one of its STABs (preferably Dark) that also learned Will-o-wisp. I considered this, and came to the conclusion that it would be easiest to find a Dark type with Will-o-wisp.
/ds dark type,willowisp:
Absol, Arceus-Dark, Darkrai, Houndoom, Houndour, Sableye, Spiritomb

Okay, maybe not. Darkrai just seemed really weird on the team especially as a Bisharp check, Houndoom as a non-mega just added to a Rock Slide weakness from Landorus-T, and Sableye/Spiritomb didn't even resist either of Bisharp's STABs. I then considered the Fire types with Will-o-wisp (long list inbound):
/ds fire type,will-o-wisp,!nfe,!lc,!uber,all
Actually while I was setting the parameter I thought about considering Ubers and thought that I would only be missing out on Blaziken, which I immediately considered as an option as it resisted both Dark and Steel, but then noticed that it had a poor Mega Kangaskhan matchup until after it had gained +1 speed which was pretty much impossible considering Speed Boost doesn't work on switch-in and nothing else on the team so far had Protect and I quickly changed the idea to Infernape since it didn't need the one turn of Speed Boost (which it didn't even have anyway) to be able to do good against Mega Kangaskhan. It also provided Fake Out for setting up Tailwind and a great way to hit Ferrothorn since my entire team was physical in Overheat.

At this point I decided that at all putting Protect on the team would be a waste since nothing else would benefit from Protect and the team was notably weak to a few things:
  • Sun
  • Trick Room
  • Rain (could give problems)
  • Mega Diancie+Jirachi
  • Tailwind+Loom
4 of those weaknesses were caused by a lack of Protect on my part. I also noticed quickly that since Sun was the bigger issue, I could add something that would allow me to use the Sun to my advantage so that I wouldn't be as terribly weak to it as I already was, while also giving myself a Rain check (narrowed it down to a Grass type) that could perform well against Trick Room (something with Sleep and Chlorophyll probably which would also make my Tailwind matchup better) and could face off well against Breloom (Venusaur). After adding Venusaur I decided I'd just fucking suck it up and deal with Jirachi+Diancie like a man with Landorus-T. Also this made me go back on "no adding Protect" because Venusaur vs Mega Kangaskhan is fucking impossible.

I then listened to this for about 20 minutes:
and thought that Landorus-T probably wouldn't be all that great since I had 1 levitator and couldn't switch out Kyurem-B for Latios AND only had one Protect mon in Venusaur ;( so I just swapped it out for Scarf Zygarde, which managed to give me a weirder matchup against Fire Blast Hydreigon and Latios as well as a good Fire resistant Scarf Rock Slide mon AND something that resisted Diamond Storm from Mega Diancie. This also made Land's Wrath+Feint Mega Scizor stronk af. At this point I was on fire with the innovation tbh fam.

This seemed like enough building for one morning so I sat back and started typing the below descriptions.
Gyarados
Gyarados @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

This allows Gyarados to help kill bulkier yet already damaged Mega Charizard Y's with Stone Edge and Iron Head lets it hit Fairies that would give this team trouble really hard. The EVs let Gyarados outspeed Jolly Breloom.
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Kyurem-B sits there and spams powerful STABs and has Fusion Bolt for coverage. The spread lets Kyurem-B outspeed neutral base 100s.
Zygarde
Zygarde @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Land's Wrath
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Zygarde provides two resistances in Fire and Rock that are really good for facing off against Sun. Land's Wrath doesn't hit partners which is good when you only have one thing with Protect and one Flying type, and also lets you kill Heatran thanks to Mega Scizor's Feint without actually hitting Mega Scizor. Stone Edge lets me kill already damaged Charizards (probably thanks to the damage Feint Scizor provides). Since Zygarde doesn't have a Dragon STAB like any useful Dragon type should (even Goomy gets fucking Dragon Pulse cmon Zygarde) I split my options for hitting Latios and Hydreigon into Superpower and Crunch. The spread lets me outspeed the perfectly relevant max speed scarf Mamoswine.
Mega Scizor
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Feint
- Tailwind

This set is run because I can Feint for other Pokemon trying to get hits in and lets me double the speed of my two banded mons and keep up with opposing Tailwind teams. Feint also acts as a way to hit other priority users that would otherwise compromise my position (though the times when Feint's damage is actually that useful is minimal), but Bullet Punch is my best way of dealing priority damage overall thanks to STAB+higher base power+bigger Technician boost. Bug Bite is nice for taking the berries off of Suicune and Rotom-W I guess but both of those are going to be burning me anyway. The spread lets me maximize bulk while outspeeding Breloom for both Bullet Punch use and setting Tailwind. Fuck Stratos.
Infernape
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp

This is my best Bisharp check tbh, as it switches in to any resist easily and can burn/kill it depending on its item (I go for the burn if it's sash and I kill it if it's Life Orb; the exception to this is if Infernape is almost dead and it's Life Orb, I go for the burn in order to avoid a possible Sucker KO). I also provide Fake Out which helps in setting Tailwind (but really for just giving me free turns in the first place). The spread isn't really specific, I already get a guaranteed OHKO on Ferrothorn anyway as only 214 SpA+Life Orb is required for Overheat and Infernape hits 245, and I guess the speed is maxed for outspeeding things.
Venusaur
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect

This is just a pretty basic Chlorosaur minus the EVs, which are just maxed Speed to beat other Venusaurs in Sun as well as Breloom outside of Tailwind/Sun. 29 HP IVs gives me a Life Orb number I guess.

In the creation of this team I had a lot of help from this website http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php. s/o to that website for the sprites.
Gyarados @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Zygarde @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Land's Wrath
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Feint
- Tailwind

Infernape @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Somebody submit Mega Gyarados teams pls

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the cool kids

kyurem-b is a great fit on hailroom due to it being to shoot off powerful blizzards while also being able to oust rotom-w and other water types on its own, as abomasnow is generally a shaky check to waters because of its bad defensive typing making it weak to a buttload of stuff. gyarados backs him up really well by being checking talonflame and heatran in one slot. seeing as these mons are rather slow on their own, i decided to turn this team into a semi-tr team by adding tr jirachi, which also packs a bunch of resists. terrakion is the team's kangaskhan check, charizard check, and secondary check to heatran. aegislash packs a well-needed fighting resist as well as wide guard, which allows the team to stand its ground better against charizard and landorus.

juicy fruit :3 (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

tier 1 (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

lemon bread (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Facade

jew hat (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

dog of justice (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Protect

next level sodomy (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

So, I am giving the detailed way of building this team since it looks smart and give you a better chance to win!

Starting with Kyurem-B

Its been a while since I last used Kyurem-B with a Scarf, he worked well for me in the past so I wanted to use Scarf for this comp. Also Scarf seems un-common with everyone running sub, it makes a good surprise attack.
No need to go into great detail. Iron head for Diance, Ice Beam for Lando, Dragon Claw for stab when they resist the other moves. Fusion bolt can be changed to Earth Power, I opted for Fusion Bolt b/c I am going for physical Kyube here but mixed attacker could also work. The question to ask is does my team need another Keldeo or another Heatran check, imo.

I love this core!
Dragon Dance and Taunt is unconventional but being able to Taunt an Amoongus or RotomW(when raichu is out) is so nice; you dont have to switch out and lose dragon dance boost or protect and bring in someone else to support which waste a turn. The speed evs allow you to out run 110s and hit diance with a boosted waterfall after one dragon dance, the rest are put into bulk so you can take a few rock slides from lando, or what ever, if necessary. Fake out Raichu helps Gyarados get the dragon dance up and redirect Electric.
I have a Scarf Kyurem and Gyarados, lightning rod is almost essential to deal with Thundy's twave and thunderbolt. Another benefit of raichu - nuzzle para's through Diancie.

At this point none of my mons want to switch into Lando-T.
Scarfy is ugly as hell. I refused to use him for the longest time because he looks like a massive idiot. But dont judge a book by its cover. He's super cool!
Scrafty resists the rock slides that lando will be throwing around at kyurem and gyarados. And adds a second intimidate user to deal with Lando+Kang.
Its really the basic scrafty set, I wont go into detail anymore here.

Still want another guy who can take a rock slide hit. Amoongus doesnt give a fuck. He will do his job well on any team.
It will come in and spore and redirect for Gyarados and Kyurem.

I wanted one more power house on this team. Someone bulky and offensive. Heatran adds moves that the other guys didnt cover. Basic Shunca Berry set; you already know what its about. Heatran fits well b/c people will try to wisp the gyarados, kyurem, and scrafy, and intimidate them as well, so a strong special attacker was needed.

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Nuzzle
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Naughty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

o.o (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Dark fam

Sick, just as i made a Mega Gyarados team with this core it's this weeks comp :). Anyways this team was originally a rendition of my Mega-Pinsir team as Kyurem-Gyara also work very well together in the fact that Kyub tears up grasses and hits Rotom down hard. Anyways i opted for a DD/Crunch/Ice Fang/Protect set on mega gyara as i personally don't like EQ and dark stab is nice for the bulky psychics you'll find and Ice Fang was opted for over Waterfall simply because hitting Hydrei was too important while also hitting down Lando for more dmg Dark/Ice hitting a lot in this meta. Paired it up with my favorite Kyub set 3 Attack LO which i opted for because of it's power fusion bolt tearing apart waters for Gyara bolt/beam hella useful as always and it's ability to hit down Rotoms takes on/checks/counters electrics. Next as i was weak to Keldeo and wanted some redirection for setting up etc. Amoongus fit here perfectly able to sponge up fighting/water hits for the team while also bringing spore to the table. (let it be noted i went for sludge bomb over giga cuz having 3 fighting weaks when MEvolved leaves me p vulnerable to Breloom} Talonflame simply put for some good ole' speed control while also hitting down grasses/steels and in general just a great mon that's able to put pressure on most playstyles when its checks are pressured. At this point i was hella weak to Diancie and needed some check of sort and also wanted a mon that could shred fairies for Gyara and Mixed LO Greninja fits perfectly :> gunk shot with these evs OHKO's Sylveon/Azu/Gardevoir all with one hit Hydro Pump checking Diancie and providing strong coverage with this team geared towards picking apart grasses i leaned for Dark Pulse> Ice beam to have something to hit Rotom's and just in general a good offensive move to spam besides hydro. Dark/water fam <3 And last but not least what i wanted on this team was a good lead against Kangashkan and also something with Fake Out/Taunt to stop TR for going up and infernape fit the bill perfectly i went with a mixed spread as i don't want to use Flare Blitz to break my sash but also i am not real enough to run Focus Blast> Close Combat :[. Enjoy!

guppy (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

finally (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

foddëur (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Taunt

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

So kyub and gyara have a weird relationship with lando t, where you cant really switch into rock slides, but do pretty well otherwise, so i added wide guard conk. Next i added heatran for latios and ferro. I added amoonguss to finish the f/w/g core and give gyarados support to set up with and spore and shit. I didnt have a mega yet and i didnt want to use mega gyara cuz its garbage so i went for mega diancie.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 160 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Started with Gyara and Kyube, made them Utility and Scarf respectively b/c Utility Gyara is best set and it helps out Scarf Kyube a lot with decent defensive synergy and Intimidate support. Added Rhyp because Gyara hates Electric moves and Kyube hates yellow magic. Then, I realized that between the three members I had so far, I could beat every Rock-type attacker pretty well so added Zard Y to spam Heat Waves. Then I needed a TR check and Wide Guard user, so Aegis fit the bill. Virizion was then added as a Kang and Keld check, as well as a bunnies check and a sleep immunity. All of the sets should be pretty standard, I chose double Taunt because it works kind of like Germanslash - once people see you have Taunt on one mon they assume that's it. Got the idea for double Taunt from qsns, he's a pretty smart dude.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
sorry memo for late entry

So the team is built around Sub Kyurem-Black and Dragon Dance Gyarados. These two sets are fairly standard, speed creep for the base 70's on both, maximize the attacking stat, rest in HP. There are two support Pokemon I wanted to incorporate into this team, which were: A bulky steel with wide guard (Aegislash) and a Redirector. The redirector I chose in this case is Clefairy. My first 3 Pokemon are pretty weak to sun, so I decided against Amoonguss. Togekiss would be a 3rd rock weakness, and Clefairy > Clefable bc Friend Guard, right? I now needed a Mega, and I picked Kang because of it's ability to support the team and be an offensive presence on it's own. I went with Low Kick > Power-Up Punch because the team is fairly weak to Heatran. I now wanted a sun check that would provide a little more speed control next to Thunder Wave Clefairy. I went with Rotom-Heat because of it's ability to beat both Charizard and Venusaur, and I gave it Safety Goggles so I could switch it in on Spores/Sleep powders. All in all, I feel like this team is pretty solid. The trick room match up is not as bad as it looks, as Sub Kyurem and Scrappy Kang can do some solid work on those first couple of turns.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
This thing is not dead. I went on a trip to the mountains lol. On another note, fun fact: you're not cool for not following the format that I give you guys wtf

Votin'

Team 1

Gyarados @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Zygarde @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Land's Wrath
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Feint
- Tailwind

Infernape @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect
[11:34:44] derivations: can i submit a team twice
[11:35:03] Memoric: no
Because of this I ripped off a team that looked like this from an earlier submission:

The main part of this team was the extreme power of Kyurem-B and Gyarados, as they were holding Choice Bands which made them deal extremely high amounts of damage. I decided to scratch off Mega Charizard X so that I wasn't submitting the same team, but eventually that lead to the team just going back down to Gyarados+Kyurem-B :B

Here I was sitting with a pretty straightforward core-ish thing with two incredibly powerful mons in the meta game and I decided my best option was probably to go Landorus-T and see how the team developed from there, but that meant I was literally adding a second Intimidate mon to a core without resists to Sucker Punch and I had no Protect yet. At that point I decided that, since I was going incredibly HO with my first 3 mons and I had 0 Bisharp checks, I might try something that would not only make my lack of Protect and my Bisharp weakness slightly better and provide necessary speed control, but something that could also seriously piss off Stratos more than the team already did do that job.

The reasoning behind Scizor was that it could do a lot of things for the team, namely beat Steel types like Mega Metagross did but also not be weak to Sucker Punch/Knock Off, and with its base 140 Defense it can do that pretty easily. Scizor gets both Tailwind and Feint, which are incredibly useful for a team that started off with three choiced mons as it means Scizor can double the intensity of Kyurem-B's banded Outrages. Also with a ton of cool resists, Scizor provides great switching power for the team. Fuck Stratos.
However at this point I still lacked a great way to handle Bisharp, as Mega Scizor just switches in and does nothing. I thought about getting something that was resistant to at least one of its STABs (preferably Dark) that also learned Will-o-wisp. I considered this, and came to the conclusion that it would be easiest to find a Dark type with Will-o-wisp.
/ds dark type,willowisp:
Absol, Arceus-Dark, Darkrai, Houndoom, Houndour, Sableye, Spiritomb

Okay, maybe not. Darkrai just seemed really weird on the team especially as a Bisharp check, Houndoom as a non-mega just added to a Rock Slide weakness from Landorus-T, and Sableye/Spiritomb didn't even resist either of Bisharp's STABs. I then considered the Fire types with Will-o-wisp (long list inbound):
/ds fire type,will-o-wisp,!nfe,!lc,!uber,all
Actually while I was setting the parameter I thought about considering Ubers and thought that I would only be missing out on Blaziken, which I immediately considered as an option as it resisted both Dark and Steel, but then noticed that it had a poor Mega Kangaskhan matchup until after it had gained +1 speed which was pretty much impossible considering Speed Boost doesn't work on switch-in and nothing else on the team so far had Protect and I quickly changed the idea to Infernape since it didn't need the one turn of Speed Boost (which it didn't even have anyway) to be able to do good against Mega Kangaskhan. It also provided Fake Out for setting up Tailwind and a great way to hit Ferrothorn since my entire team was physical in Overheat.

At this point I decided that at all putting Protect on the team would be a waste since nothing else would benefit from Protect and the team was notably weak to a few things:
  • Sun
  • Trick Room
  • Rain (could give problems)
  • Mega Diancie+Jirachi
  • Tailwind+Loom
4 of those weaknesses were caused by a lack of Protect on my part. I also noticed quickly that since Sun was the bigger issue, I could add something that would allow me to use the Sun to my advantage so that I wouldn't be as terribly weak to it as I already was, while also giving myself a Rain check (narrowed it down to a Grass type) that could perform well against Trick Room (something with Sleep and Chlorophyll probably which would also make my Tailwind matchup better) and could face off well against Breloom (Venusaur). After adding Venusaur I decided I'd just fucking suck it up and deal with Jirachi+Diancie like a man with Landorus-T. Also this made me go back on "no adding Protect" because Venusaur vs Mega Kangaskhan is fucking impossible.

I then listened to this for about 20 minutes:
and thought that Landorus-T probably wouldn't be all that great since I had 1 levitator and couldn't switch out Kyurem-B for Latios AND only had one Protect mon in Venusaur ;( so I just swapped it out for Scarf Zygarde, which managed to give me a weirder matchup against Fire Blast Hydreigon and Latios as well as a good Fire resistant Scarf Rock Slide mon AND something that resisted Diamond Storm from Mega Diancie. This also made Land's Wrath+Feint Mega Scizor stronk af. At this point I was on fire with the innovation tbh fam.

This seemed like enough building for one morning so I sat back and started typing the below descriptions.
Gyarados
Gyarados @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

This allows Gyarados to help kill bulkier yet already damaged Mega Charizard Y's with Stone Edge and Iron Head lets it hit Fairies that would give this team trouble really hard. The EVs let Gyarados outspeed Jolly Breloom.
Kyurem-Black
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Kyurem-B sits there and spams powerful STABs and has Fusion Bolt for coverage. The spread lets Kyurem-B outspeed neutral base 100s.
Zygarde
Zygarde @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Land's Wrath
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Zygarde provides two resistances in Fire and Rock that are really good for facing off against Sun. Land's Wrath doesn't hit partners which is good when you only have one thing with Protect and one Flying type, and also lets you kill Heatran thanks to Mega Scizor's Feint without actually hitting Mega Scizor. Stone Edge lets me kill already damaged Charizards (probably thanks to the damage Feint Scizor provides). Since Zygarde doesn't have a Dragon STAB like any useful Dragon type should (even Goomy gets fucking Dragon Pulse cmon Zygarde) I split my options for hitting Latios and Hydreigon into Superpower and Crunch. The spread lets me outspeed the perfectly relevant max speed scarf Mamoswine.
Mega Scizor
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Feint
- Tailwind

This set is run because I can Feint for other Pokemon trying to get hits in and lets me double the speed of my two banded mons and keep up with opposing Tailwind teams. Feint also acts as a way to hit other priority users that would otherwise compromise my position (though the times when Feint's damage is actually that useful is minimal), but Bullet Punch is my best way of dealing priority damage overall thanks to STAB+higher base power+bigger Technician boost. Bug Bite is nice for taking the berries off of Suicune and Rotom-W I guess but both of those are going to be burning me anyway. The spread lets me maximize bulk while outspeeding Breloom for both Bullet Punch use and setting Tailwind. Fuck Stratos.
Infernape
Infernape @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp

This is my best Bisharp check tbh, as it switches in to any resist easily and can burn/kill it depending on its item (I go for the burn if it's sash and I kill it if it's Life Orb; the exception to this is if Infernape is almost dead and it's Life Orb, I go for the burn in order to avoid a possible Sucker KO). I also provide Fake Out which helps in setting Tailwind (but really for just giving me free turns in the first place). The spread isn't really specific, I already get a guaranteed OHKO on Ferrothorn anyway as only 214 SpA+Life Orb is required for Overheat and Infernape hits 245, and I guess the speed is maxed for outspeeding things.
Venusaur
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect

This is just a pretty basic Chlorosaur minus the EVs, which are just maxed Speed to beat other Venusaurs in Sun as well as Breloom outside of Tailwind/Sun. 29 HP IVs gives me a Life Orb number I guess.

In the creation of this team I had a lot of help from this website http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php. s/o to that website for the sprites.

Team 2

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Facade

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
kyurem-b is a great fit on hailroom due to it being to shoot off powerful blizzards while also being able to oust rotom-w and other water types on its own, as abomasnow is generally a shaky check to waters because of its bad defensive typing making it weak to a buttload of stuff. gyarados backs him up really well by being checking talonflame and heatran in one slot. seeing as these mons are rather slow on their own, i decided to turn this team into a semi-tr team by adding tr jirachi, which also packs a bunch of resists. terrakion is the team's kangaskhan check, charizard check, and secondary check to heatran. aegislash packs a well-needed fighting resist as well as wide guard, which allows the team to stand its ground better against charizard and landorus.

Team 3

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

Raichu @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Nuzzle
- Protect

Naughty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

o.o (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
So, I am giving the detailed way of building this team since it looks smart and give you a better chance to win!

Starting with Kyurem-B

Its been a while since I last used Kyurem-B with a Scarf, he worked well for me in the past so I wanted to use Scarf for this comp. Also Scarf seems un-common with everyone running sub, it makes a good surprise attack.
No need to go into great detail. Iron head for Diance, Ice Beam for Lando, Dragon Claw for stab when they resist the other moves. Fusion bolt can be changed to Earth Power, I opted for Fusion Bolt b/c I am going for physical Kyube here but mixed attacker could also work. The question to ask is does my team need another Keldeo or another Heatran check, imo.

I love this core!
Dragon Dance and Taunt is unconventional but being able to Taunt an Amoongus or RotomW(when raichu is out) is so nice; you dont have to switch out and lose dragon dance boost or protect and bring in someone else to support which waste a turn. The speed evs allow you to out run 110s and hit diance with a boosted waterfall after one dragon dance, the rest are put into bulk so you can take a few rock slides from lando, or what ever, if necessary. Fake out Raichu helps Gyarados get the dragon dance up and redirect Electric.
I have a Scarf Kyurem and Gyarados, lightning rod is almost essential to deal with Thundy's twave and thunderbolt. Another benefit of raichu - nuzzle para's through Diancie.

At this point none of my mons want to switch into Lando-T.
Scarfy is ugly as hell. I refused to use him for the longest time because he looks like a massive idiot. But dont judge a book by its cover. He's super cool!
Scrafty resists the rock slides that lando will be throwing around at kyurem and gyarados. And adds a second intimidate user to deal with Lando+Kang.
Its really the basic scrafty set, I wont go into detail anymore here.

Still want another guy who can take a rock slide hit. Amoongus doesnt give a fuck. He will do his job well on any team.
It will come in and spore and redirect for Gyarados and Kyurem.

I wanted one more power house on this team. Someone bulky and offensive. Heatran adds moves that the other guys didnt cover. Basic Shunca Berry set; you already know what its about. Heatran fits well b/c people will try to wisp the gyarados, kyurem, and scrafy, and intimidate them as well, so a strong special attacker was needed.

Team 4

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Taunt
Sick, just as i made a Mega Gyarados team with this core it's this weeks comp :). Anyways this team was originally a rendition of my Mega-Pinsir team as Kyurem-Gyara also work very well together in the fact that Kyub tears up grasses and hits Rotom down hard. Anyways i opted for a DD/Crunch/Ice Fang/Protect set on mega gyara as i personally don't like EQ and dark stab is nice for the bulky psychics you'll find and Ice Fang was opted for over Waterfall simply because hitting Hydrei was too important while also hitting down Lando for more dmg Dark/Ice hitting a lot in this meta. Paired it up with my favorite Kyub set 3 Attack LO which i opted for because of it's power fusion bolt tearing apart waters for Gyara bolt/beam hella useful as always and it's ability to hit down Rotoms takes on/checks/counters electrics. Next as i was weak to Keldeo and wanted some redirection for setting up etc. Amoongus fit here perfectly able to sponge up fighting/water hits for the team while also bringing spore to the table. (let it be noted i went for sludge bomb over giga cuz having 3 fighting weaks when MEvolved leaves me p vulnerable to Breloom} Talonflame simply put for some good ole' speed control while also hitting down grasses/steels and in general just a great mon that's able to put pressure on most playstyles when its checks are pressured. At this point i was hella weak to Diancie and needed some check of sort and also wanted a mon that could shred fairies for Gyara and Mixed LO Greninja fits perfectly :> gunk shot with these evs OHKO's Sylveon/Azu/Gardevoir all with one hit Hydro Pump checking Diancie and providing strong coverage with this team geared towards picking apart grasses i leaned for Dark Pulse> Ice beam to have something to hit Rotom's and just in general a good offensive move to spam besides hydro. Dark/water fam <3 And last but not least what i wanted on this team was a good lead against Kangashkan and also something with Fake Out/Taunt to stop TR for going up and infernape fit the bill perfectly i went with a mixed spread as i don't want to use Flare Blitz to break my sash but also i am not real enough to run Focus Blast> Close Combat :[. Enjoy!

Team 5

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
So kyub and gyara have a weird relationship with lando t, where you cant really switch into rock slides, but do pretty well otherwise, so i added wide guard conk. Next i added heatran for latios and ferro. I added amoonguss to finish the f/w/g core and give gyarados support to set up with and spore and shit. I didnt have a mega yet and i didnt want to use mega gyara cuz its garbage so i went for mega diancie.

Team 6

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 160 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect
Started with Gyara and Kyube, made them Utility and Scarf respectively b/c Utility Gyara is best set and it helps out Scarf Kyube a lot with decent defensive synergy and Intimidate support. Added Rhyp because Gyara hates Electric moves and Kyube hates yellow magic. Then, I realized that between the three members I had so far, I could beat every Rock-type attacker pretty well so added Zard Y to spam Heat Waves. Then I needed a TR check and Wide Guard user, so Aegis fit the bill. Virizion was then added as a Kang and Keld check, as well as a bunnies check and a sleep immunity. All of the sets should be pretty standard, I chose double Taunt because it works kind of like Germanslash - once people see you have Taunt on one mon they assume that's it. Got the idea for double Taunt from qsns, he's a pretty smart dude.

Team 7

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
So the team is built around Sub Kyurem-Black and Dragon Dance Gyarados. These two sets are fairly standard, speed creep for the base 70's on both, maximize the attacking stat, rest in HP. There are two support Pokemon I wanted to incorporate into this team, which were: A bulky steel with wide guard (Aegislash) and a Redirector. The redirector I chose in this case is Clefairy. My first 3 Pokemon are pretty weak to sun, so I decided against Amoonguss. Togekiss would be a 3rd rock weakness, and Clefairy > Clefable bc Friend Guard, right? I now needed a Mega, and I picked Kang because of it's ability to support the team and be an offensive presence on it's own. I went with Low Kick > Power-Up Punch because the team is fairly weak to Heatran. I now wanted a sun check that would provide a little more speed control next to Thunder Wave Clefairy. I went with Rotom-Heat because of it's ability to beat both Charizard and Venusaur, and I gave it Safety Goggles so I could switch it in on Spores/Sleep powders. All in all, I feel like this team is pretty solid. The trick room match up is not as bad as it looks, as Sub Kyurem and Scrappy Kang can do some solid work on those first couple of turns.

Deadline of voting on Sunday, GMT Noon

Came down to Team 2 and Team 7, but Team 7 has both Mega Kangaskhan and Aegislash so it scores more brokenness points.
Also I need to think more before I submit pls dont vote for team 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)