Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Silverwhiteblue for having a team that isn't "I want to be a special snowflake"...

e: mish's is also interesting

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Weebl, Roxer, and n10sit all tied with 3 votes each. As I haven't voted though, I'll break the tie with a vote on Weebl's team, making him the winner. Congrats!

New week, new team. You guys probably forgot this thing exists:

Genesect - It's a decent Scarfer that boasts a lot of good coverage moves in Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Iron Head... yeah. Being a Steel-type that doesn't resist Diamond Storm sucks badly, though, and its frailty leaves it significantly damaged by resisted attacks :(. Still, it's a cool bug!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

DKATS with Genesect and Cresselia
I took my Mega Diancie frame work, DKATS, and added Genesect as the Steel. See the framework here
The core of Diancie, Keldeo, Ammoongus, Talonflame, and Steel type is most week to Thundy, Sun Venu, Steel Wing Talonflame, and Jirachi.
Scarf Genesect's Ice Beam OHKO's LandoT and does big damage to Thundy. Genesect will survive a Talonflame brave bird and OHKO with Thunderbolt. I run Flame Thrower to deal with Jirachi.
Maxed Def Cress takes Talonflame hits and 2hko it after recoil damage. I am using Goggles to prevent sleep power from Venu and Amoongus. Ice Beam as another Thundy counter.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rhyperior (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Talonflame (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Protect

WELL, WELL, WELL. It's probably almost half a year since I made an actual team for the competition. Thanks to not thinking about retirement on 'mons anymore, it's about time I get down to business. Here, I'll introduce one of my new impromptu team ideas that I've been working on recently. Got more on my storage, and I'm not sure whether I would RMT one of them or nah. I'll leave this for the meantime before I have some time off for a trip to Manila in muh country.

Anyway, onto the team. Genesect and Keldeo is the core I chose to work on. I remembered working with Genesect once during the Salamence-M test, where it ended up failing on one of my previous RMTs. Anyway, Genesect is still cool, and I find it working with Keldeo good enough, with both complementing their weaknesses somehow. Genesect gets rid of things such as Cresselia and Diancie, which Keldeo cannot completely touch. On the other hand, steel gene hates some things, with Heatran as #1 on the hatelist, and Keldeo breaks them apart. Because they can actually break rock types apart, I added Charizard-Y to spam fire to the field. I chose Overheat here over some things like Focus Blast or HP Ground, because it wouldn't be necessary to over prepare for Heatran when you have many ways to beat it.

Now, we still don't have a good switch for big mom Kanga, so enter Rocky Helmet Amoonguss, the best sleep spreader in every way possible, as well as redirection, which is very good. Then, notice how the team is weak to Thundurus. It sucks losing good speedy Pokemon, especially Keldeo and Char-Y, and losing the almighty powers of Amoonguss just to Prankster Taunt and all that crap. Well, fear no more now that we have Rhyperior! An additional Kanga switch-in is good, and Lightning Rod is boss! Add some more flying hate and you've got hands down probably the best thing on earth. Yeah T-flame, you're done! Finally, my weather match-up still sucks, and still no good way to say "hell no" to Diancie with a slight surprise. Enter Talonflame, still a great 'mon even if it loses to Rhyperior lol. Taunt is badass, and Steel Wing catches Diancie and Fairies by surprise, so hell yeah!

Some changes I can recommend:
  • Sash Bisharp > Talonflame. Good Diancie killer, Lando punisher and TR hate.
  • HP Ground > Overheat on Char-Y, just in case you don't like Overheat but it is badass as hell so yea.
  • Quick Guard > Icy Wind on Keldeo

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the cisgender citadel

whole wheat (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt
- Protect

master of karate (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

diego (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

greg (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

one hot momma (Rotom-Heat) @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

tsunderplane (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Protect

its hyperoffense. serperior beats waters and trick room with taunt. keldeo beats fires and is my KANG CHECK. aerodactyl is my check to talonflame. used over diancie for flying stab, meaning i dont have to use my own talonflame, and because it outspeeds 100000 things. these 3 mons are weak to dragons, so genesect patches up that weakness and works as a powerful pivot that also benefits from the current mons' ability to beat talonflame and other fire types. rotom-h checks pretty much every steel except aegislash, beats thundurus, sun, and is a secondary check to talonflame. latios has a bunch of misc resistances and checks landorus, keldeo, and rain.

Last edited:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Iron Head

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

i wanted to build a team around ggengar and here it is. most important thing when you're playin with shadow tag is keeping up momentum imo. lando-t is boring, so i chose genesect. the other members should take out mostly sylveon's (and talonflame's) counter. i use jolly talonflame to not lose to opposing adamant talonflame. i don't really need steel wing because sludge Bomb and brave bird together take mega-diancie out.so i chose tailwind over steel wing to support sylveon (NOTE: aegi can't be trapped, remember that)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-109773
here's a replay how the team should played; ignore the part where i let my opp setup trickroom lolol

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Happy New Year! Again, I'm late but still. Voting time! Please vote in team numbers, thanks!

Team 1

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
DKATS with Genesect and Cresselia
I took my Mega Diancie frame work, DKATS, and added Genesect as the Steel. See the framework here
The core of Diancie, Keldeo, Ammoongus, Talonflame, and Steel type is most week to Thundy, Sun Venu, Steel Wing Talonflame, and Jirachi.
Scarf Genesect's Ice Beam OHKO's LandoT and does big damage to Thundy. Genesect will survive a Talonflame brave bird and OHKO with Thunderbolt. I run Flame Thrower to deal with Jirachi.
Maxed Def Cress takes Talonflame hits and 2hko it after recoil damage. I am using Goggles to prevent sleep power from Venu and Amoongus. Ice Beam as another Thundy counter.

Team 2

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rhyperior (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Talonflame (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Protect
WELL, WELL, WELL. It's probably almost half a year since I made an actual team for the competition. Thanks to not thinking about retirement on 'mons anymore, it's about time I get down to business. Here, I'll introduce one of my new impromptu team ideas that I've been working on recently. Got more on my storage, and I'm not sure whether I would RMT one of them or nah. I'll leave this for the meantime before I have some time off for a trip to Manila in muh country.

Anyway, onto the team. Genesect and Keldeo is the core I chose to work on. I remembered working with Genesect once during the Salamence-M test, where it ended up failing on one of my previous RMTs. Anyway, Genesect is still cool, and I find it working with Keldeo good enough, with both complementing their weaknesses somehow. Genesect gets rid of things such as Cresselia and Diancie, which Keldeo cannot completely touch. On the other hand, steel gene hates some things, with Heatran as #1 on the hatelist, and Keldeo breaks them apart. Because they can actually break rock types apart, I added Charizard-Y to spam fire to the field. I chose Overheat here over some things like Focus Blast or HP Ground, because it wouldn't be necessary to over prepare for Heatran when you have many ways to beat it.

Now, we still don't have a good switch for big mom Kanga, so enter Rocky Helmet Amoonguss, the best sleep spreader in every way possible, as well as redirection, which is very good. Then, notice how the team is weak to Thundurus. It sucks losing good speedy Pokemon, especially Keldeo and Char-Y, and losing the almighty powers of Amoonguss just to Prankster Taunt and all that crap. Well, fear no more now that we have Rhyperior! An additional Kanga switch-in is good, and Lightning Rod is boss! Add some more flying hate and you've got hands down probably the best thing on earth. Yeah T-flame, you're done! Finally, my weather match-up still sucks, and still no good way to say "hell no" to Diancie with a slight surprise. Enter Talonflame, still a great 'mon even if it loses to Rhyperior lol. Taunt is badass, and Steel Wing catches Diancie and Fairies by surprise, so hell yeah!

Team 3

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Rotom-Heat @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Protect
its hyperoffense. serperior beats waters and trick room with taunt. keldeo beats fires and is my KANG CHECK. aerodactyl is my check to talonflame. used over diancie for flying stab, meaning i dont have to use my own talonflame, and because it outspeeds 100000 things. these 3 mons are weak to dragons, so genesect patches up that weakness and works as a powerful pivot that also benefits from the current mons' ability to beat talonflame and other fire types. rotom-h checks pretty much every steel except aegislash, beats thundurus, sun, and is a secondary check to talonflame. latios has a bunch of misc resistances and checks landorus, keldeo, and rain.

Team 4

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Iron Head

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
i wanted to build a team around ggengar and here it is. most important thing when you're playin with shadow tag is keeping up momentum imo. lando-t is boring, so i chose genesect. the other members should take out mostly sylveon's (and talonflame's) counter. i use jolly talonflame to not lose to opposing adamant talonflame. i don't really need steel wing because sludge Bomb and brave bird together take mega-diancie out.so i chose tailwind over steel wing to support sylveon (NOTE: aegi can't be trapped, remember that)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-109773
here's a replay how the team should played; ignore the part where i let my opp setup trickroom lolol

Deadline of voting on GMT Noon, Sunday :)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)