Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a solid lead in votes, Team 4 by Lord Qwilfish takes the week! Congrats!

I'm actually surprised I managed to forget about this week's mon for 29 weeks lol. It's time for:

Mega Gardevoir - Mega Gardevoir is certainly there in terms of being a powerful attacker in this metagame! With access to a powerful spread move in a Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice, Mega Gardevoir can easily do big damage to opposing teams. However, its Speed is only middling and it has paper-thin bulk on the physical side. Get building!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Heavy Artillery

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 6 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore

It's a very straightforward team consisting out of a Fairy/Dragon/Steel and FWG core, very viable and solid for tour games, if you are able to get into a position where you can clean up. Its a team with a few gaps and weaknesses but tends to play most matchups well.

Gardevoir is one of my favourite megas to build and use, its a pretty fun Pokemon to use as well. I originally had Shadow Ball over Ally Switch but that did 0 and most of the time you're clicking Hyper Voice anyway. There's a much more efficient spread out there but this spread lives Aegislash Flash Cannon (and Shadow Ball).

Silly Hydreigon set, misses out on coverage without Earth Power or Fire Blast but honestly you can just change stuff around such as Overheat on Talon or Earth Power on Hydrei etc etc. I chose for Tailwind because its pretty ok as a wincon if you get it up I guess

My favourite Aegislash set, not necessarily the most effective one, especially considering I already have priority on Breloom and Talon, but Weakness Policy + Shadow Sneak is often really cool and really helps if your opponent brings some bullshit like deoxys-attack or shitty trick room setters but rly you should just use wide guard or german aegi

Bird is straightforward. You could probably change Flare Blitz to like Overheat so you'll kill Megagross/Aegislash more consistently but it doesn't matter much. You should probably swap around Taunt and Quick Guard on Keldeo though

Again, standard boring sets zzz
Swap around Taunt and Quick Guard with Talonflame and Hydro Pump to Scald and deal heavy damage

Finally, standard breloom. I very rarely actually add breloom to my squads because I usually like virizion over it but having spore is ok I guess

very standard HO probably everyone has this team, if you want to use this team you should probably get better diancie & talon checks lolbye

Bright Lights In The Sky

Suicune @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect

Magmar @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 192 HP / 88 Def / 60 SpA / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

I'd been wanting to build around follow me Magmar for a while, and when I decided to build for Gardevoir it seemed like a pretty good option. It can tank just about anything that threatens Gardevoir, but has obvious struggles against Landorus-Therian.

I'd been switching back and forth between Sitrus Berry and Safety Goggles on Suicune when first building this team, and after being spored to no end I decided to lock in the Safety Goggles and have no ragrets. My fear of Amoonguss always leads me to feel the need for at least 2 pokemon immune to spore.

I usually prefer to go with Subslash as I love sub users, but opted for Wide Guard due to my apparent Landorus-Therian weakness, and it's definitely proven to fit the team well.

Hydreigon completes a nice DFG core, along with helping with any other Ghosts, and Cresselia, whom at the time this team was on quite a few teams.

I opted for Landorus-I over Landorus-T due to the team not having 2 ground immune pokemon, and still wanting some sort of Ground STAB/something with high damage output. It OHKOs Aegislash with Earth Power, which is especially useful considering it threatens a fair portion of my team.

Lastly, I opted for Energy Ball on Gardevoir to assist with bulky waters, and Swampert rain.

Last edited:
Christmas Time is (well, was...) Here!
Dasher (Landorus-T) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Dancer (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Prancer (Aegislash-Blade) @ Weakness Policy
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Vixen (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Donner (Abomasnow) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Blitzen (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
Ever since using that Ode to Huy team (the one with Blissey) I've been in love with Rotom-Frost for reasons I can't really explain. I mean, it gets the same little tricks as washtom with its scarf set, but it trades cool resists and the ability to hit Heatran hard for 100% accurate blizzards. I decided I might want to build a different team with it, this time one with actual Aegislash checks instead of Specs Fire Blast Gyarados and Mud Bomb Blissey. I also thought I might carry some actual Kanga+Heatran checks (though this team still doesn't have many ways to beat it, I at least have a few much more solid ways of killing Kanga than Specs Gyarados). I also built this team around Christmas so thought Blizzspam would be fitting

Talonflame: This is what I mostly use to get rid of Diancie and stuff early game so that Blizz spam can clean up later. I also get to dent annoying things with BB and have Flare Blitz as one of my ways to beat Aegislash.

Abomasnow: Provides Hail for the 100% accurate Blizzards and helps get rid of things like Rotom-W for Talonflame and Rotom-Frost. It also gets its own priority in Ice Shard if I need to do something like quickly finish Lando-T or a Dragon.

Rotom-Frost: Running HP Steel to get that sneaky KO on Mega Diancie and enough speed to ninja Adamant Scarf Landorus-T with Blizzard, this thing is really fun to use. You can bounce away with Volt Switch near the beginning of the game, which I guess makes it a cool lead pick (it's also good because it completely counterleads people dumb enough to lead genies against hailspam :B). It's also got a key resist to Brave Bird that other Blizzard mons usually can't offer and outspeeds and OHKOs Talonflame with Volt Switch or even Thunderbolt (sometimes if the Talon has already taken a hit it can Blizzard KO too!) so I really like this mon.
OH and yeah it has a better MU against Charizard than other Blizzspammers.

Landorus-T: Explosion is literally the only reason to ever use this thing because suicide is always the answer.
The Intimidate patches up some weaknesses that the team has like Kangaskhan and Talonflame, and EQ can help vs Heatran.

Gardevoir: I ran this because it helped get rid of some of the Dragons. You may be wondering "how do dragons threaten a team with blizzspam lol???!?!??!" but there's literally 1 thing on this team that can switch into any move from Latios/Hydreigon and that's Aegislash, and even that takes SE Earth Powers/Fire Blasts/Dark Pulses from Hydra; everything else gets chunked by everything and Draco just OHKOs anything I throw at it aside from Aegislash so you know Gardevoir was an ok idea. I ran a bulkier one though because I thought Hail/Talonflame could finish off things like Latios or Kyurem-B that may live a Hyper Voice and by that time I really wouldn't care about Gard anyway, but the bulk is to maintain switching power. I fit it with Taunt and HP Ground in order to beat TR and hit Heatran better because Psyshock wasn't needed.

Aegislash: This assisted in solving the major Charizard problem that was prevelant all across the team (RIP resists) because it got Wide Guard I guess lol. This also stops Hyper Voice Sylveon and Rock Slide Landorus-T from completely fucking me over and forces a switch against Choiced variants. It can beat things like Mega Kangaskhan, Kyurem-B, Latios, Sylveon, and Mega Gardevoir, which are all pretty threatening as well. Finally, it's a ghost resist that I can freely go BOOM next to with Landorus-T :)

When I get back from lunch I'm gonna write something about how the team came to be.
So basically this team started with Rotom-Frost+Abomasnow because blizzspam christmas stuff (Abomasnow was originally Mega too)

I then added Hydreigon as a cool Heatran check because it resisted both of its main attacks and hit it hard with EP. It also helped out against TR by hitting Cress and Reuniclus hard with LO Dark Pulse.

I then saw that I had like 0 resists to Hyper Voice/Rock Slide and 1 resist+2 weaks to Heat Wave and decided Wide Guard would be good. I decided Heat Wave would be less of a problem than Hyper Voice/Rock Slide because Heat Wave would be mostly seen on Zard/Heatran and I could win easily against Heatran in theory because I had a mon that perfectly switched in and KOd and zard would have to deal with weather war bullshit (but that wouldn't be so hard for zard tbh). Rock Slide could've bit my ass if something that I couldn't hit well like Terrakion were to use it because I had 0 resists and 2 mons weak to it. Hyper Voice would be even less manageable because I had no way to hit things like Sylveon/Gardevoir yet. I added Aegislash because of this, and I guess that would work out well with Hydreigon because of their great synergy together.
At that point, I noticed the team would be a major improvement from the Ode to Huy team because my best way of beating Kangaskhan with that was by use of a Gyarados that got outsped and 2HKOd by its Return after Intimidate debuff, and this team has an excellent way to beat Kangaskhan in its mortal enemy Aegislash (it's not Gengar because Aegislash can lose vs Kanga too and Gengar can't).

Now I decided to bring my concern to Mega Diancie. It could OHKO everything but Aegislash and all I had to stop it was Flash Cannon/Wide Guard from Aegislash.
I also had a big concern about what I would do against anything that had Tailwind.
I came to the conclusion that the best thing to deal with this problem was Steel Wing Talonflame. This also was my best check to opposing Talonflame at the time so I ran Jolly to fulfill that role a little better.
Adding Talonflame to my team made me change the entire dynamic of how I pictured a game with this team. It meant I could pick one of Talonflame hyper offense or Blizzspam to start off with and just clean up with the other in the later stages of the game.

I had 0 switch-ins for Latios aside from Aegislash, and this is also where not worrying about Heatran earlier in the process almost became the death of me. I had 1 thing to touch Heatran at all and it loses to faster Dragons and Mega Kangaskhan (flashbacks to the other blizzspam team where it did nothing vs Kanga+Heatran...)
I ended up going with an all out offensive Gardevoir with HP Ground to help with this, because Sylveon really just wasn't enough to beat Heatran because they're all homosexual timid sets now so I couldn't outspeed and HP Ground because it could just set up Sub for free. This made Abomasnow non-mega sash.
I eventually came to realize that Mega Gardevoir's sky high Special Defense was far more important than getting the KO on Latios because I could just let the slot do nothing while Talonflame/Rotom-F/residual hail damage finished it off anyway, and taking Heat Wave from Charizard/Heatran was far more important than doing a little more damage to Kangaskhan. I put Taunt>Psyshock because I figured Taunting Amoonguss and either forcing a switch or having it be shit would be better than killing it anyway (also I had 4 mons that dented Amoonguss with anything they used lol), and it helps against TR and sub Aegislash.

I started testing with this, and it SUCKED. It did 0 to Jirachi+Diancie, had big Aegislash issues (especially sub), and still had some major Kangaskhan issues. Heatran and Charizard Y were still incredibly threatening and I fucking raged everytime I saw Jirachi+Diancie just because I hate those two mons together .-. This was what made me change Hydreigon to Landorus-T because it fucks up Diancie+Jirachi hard and does way more to Zard/Heatran than Hydreigon could ever imagine doing. Also, I couldn't stop Kangaskhan from murdering everything on my team without Intimidate (still doesn't mean I don't take heavy damage from it, though).

Some final thoughts about this team: Hail teams rarely fix everything they need to, and generally end up looking like dirt shit, which is why it's unpopular (blizzspam hail is especially unpopular because you have to run multiple ice types which burdens your team with a huge need to cover the many weaknesses of the ice type). However, I cannot express my personal liking for Blizzspam in any way with the vocabulary I have, and it doesn't really play all too bad.
This is also the theme song of this team

18:20 EST: I edited my description w/ the how I built it stuff

Edit 2: I FORGOT TO CHANGE A SET AND NOW IT'S FIXED :) (gardevoir was supposed to be max HP)

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gardevoir (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

Talonflame (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Head Smash

This is a semiroom team I made a while ago, built around m-gard. Jirachi made sense as the second setter, it can redirect steel-type moves and the Talonflames audacious enough to brave bird hard instead of blitzing rachi, and slow iron head is cool under tr. Hydreigon resists everything gard + rachi is weak to, and hits opposing tr setters hard. Running earth power to hit Heatran. Talonflame deals with Steele and gives me another good answer for tr, as well as a second ground immunity and a way to lure/beat fairies. Running band because this Team has Talonflame problems. Scrafty gives a second way to hit Steels and gives support in setting up tr, hits zardy because this Team lacks a slider, knock is General good utility. Genesect helped fix up the rest of the teams weaknesses, deal with fairies, hit steels and is my best answer to landog bar nuking it after a bit of chip.

Last edited:
totally not overdone "underused" core.

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Built around Mega Gard + Lando-I, cool core imo.
Added Keldeo for beating Kangaskhan and Bisharp, Landorus-T OHKO with Hydro and Quick Guard support.
Added Kyurem-Black for Thundurus and Amoonguss.
Added Aegislash for Wide Guard support, Trick Room check and sleep switch-in with Safety Goggles.
Added Talonflame to help vs Sun teams and extra EQ immunity. Helps versus Bisharp.

threats: Bisharp hurts, besides that I have pretty good leads vs most kind of teams. Diancie can be a pain because Aegislash is my only switch-in, however most Diancie teams' Aegislash checks can be beaten by Lando-I + Garde though, which is nice.

SUNSET AT SEA

maiden of the skies (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Sunny Day
- Protect

the raging storm (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 128 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

sunny induction (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

what is a lando? (Bisharp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

breeze of the sea (Suicune) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

hand grenade (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Normal Gem
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
- Protect

Well, I'm kinda late in joining the wave, but still I made an effort posting a new impromptu concept. This team's not that bad, and it's a solid team to use I think [I am yet to test this]. So basically I came back from Manila Ocean Park days ago and saw a beautiful seaside view of our hotel room, which explains the title obviously and why I'm late. To be honest, I'm not that much of a Mega Gardevoir fan (I'm more of a Mega Gengar guy), but this is a solid build.

Obviously the team is centralised around Mega Gardevoir, and I find it cool with Tailwind, so some other partners will come along the way. So for the basics, Mega Gardevoir blah blah blah. Do Voice Spam and kill mons. It's basically the thing. However, with such a cool movepool I find it great to come up with a small twist, so I tried using Sunny Day, since Shadow Ball is trash on it with at least 3 mons to deal with its nemesis, Aegislash. Heatran takes huge advantage of Sunny Day, boosting Heat Wave and mainly having a pseudo-emergency button versus Rain. Both mons synergise well with resistances and such. Now, Lando is a problem, as well as faster Pokemon. The first pokemon I chose for speed control is thunder genie (duh) cause it's great. Prankster blah blah blah. Stop TR and mushrooms blah blah blah. Basic stuff.

More speed control! Suicune is a very solid option for speed control for obvious reasons blah blah blah. Water typing is good and walls Lando blah blah. Lots o' basic stuff. Then you have Bisharp as another Lando check and TR check, as well as potential fairy hate obviously. Finally, something unique. Landorus-T with Explosion. It's not something you'd see everyday, but it is a two-way attacker. It provides big mom Kangaskhan check, exploder spam, EQ and it's more versatile with Tailwind this way, since Landorus isn't choice locked. On the serious side, flying dog is better on this team as a non-choiced attacker because with Tailwind, you have more attacking options. This way, you'd have no trouble at all doing Lando stuff.

Still need to do more life things welp peace :]

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Voting time!

Team 1

EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 6 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore
It's a very straightforward team consisting out of a Fairy/Dragon/Steel and FWG core, very viable and solid for tour games, if you are able to get into a position where you can clean up. Its a team with a few gaps and weaknesses but tends to play most matchups well.

Gardevoir is one of my favourite megas to build and use, its a pretty fun Pokemon to use as well. I originally had Shadow Ball over Ally Switch but that did 0 and most of the time you're clicking Hyper Voice anyway. There's a much more efficient spread out there but this spread lives Aegislash Flash Cannon (and Shadow Ball).

Silly Hydreigon set, misses out on coverage without Earth Power or Fire Blast but honestly you can just change stuff around such as Overheat on Talon or Earth Power on Hydrei etc etc. I chose for Tailwind because its pretty ok as a wincon if you get it up I guess

My favourite Aegislash set, not necessarily the most effective one, especially considering I already have priority on Breloom and Talon, but Weakness Policy + Shadow Sneak is often really cool and really helps if your opponent brings some bullshit like deoxys-attack or shitty trick room setters but rly you should just use wide guard or german aegi

Bird is straightforward. You could probably change Flare Blitz to like Overheat so you'll kill Megagross/Aegislash more consistently but it doesn't matter much. You should probably swap around Taunt and Quick Guard on Keldeo though

Again, standard boring sets zzz
Swap around Taunt and Quick Guard with Talonflame and Hydro Pump to Scald and deal heavy damage

Finally, standard breloom. I very rarely actually add breloom to my squads because I usually like virizion over it but having spore is ok I guess

very standard HO probably everyone has this team, if you want to use this team you should probably get better diancie & talon checks lolbye

Team 2

Suicune @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect

Magmar @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 192 HP / 88 Def / 60 SpA / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect
I'd been wanting to build around follow me Magmar for a while, and when I decided to build for Gardevoir it seemed like a pretty good option. It can tank just about anything that threatens Gardevoir, but has obvious struggles against Landorus-Therian.

I'd been switching back and forth between Sitrus Berry and Safety Goggles on Suicune when first building this team, and after being spored to no end I decided to lock in the Safety Goggles and have no ragrets. My fear of Amoonguss always leads me to feel the need for at least 2 pokemon immune to spore.

I usually prefer to go with Subslash as I love sub users, but opted for Wide Guard due to my apparent Landorus-Therian weakness, and it's definitely proven to fit the team well.

Hydreigon completes a nice DFG core, along with helping with any other Ghosts, and Cresselia, whom at the time this team was on quite a few teams.

I opted for Landorus-I over Landorus-T due to the team not having 2 ground immune pokemon, and still wanting some sort of Ground STAB/something with high damage output. It OHKOs Aegislash with Earth Power, which is especially useful considering it threatens a fair portion of my team.

Lastly, I opted for Energy Ball on Gardevoir to assist with bulky waters, and Swampert rain.

Team 3

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Aegislash-Blade @ Weakness Policy
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
Ever since using that Ode to Huy team (the one with Blissey) I've been in love with Rotom-Frost for reasons I can't really explain. I mean, it gets the same little tricks as washtom with its scarf set, but it trades cool resists and the ability to hit Heatran hard for 100% accurate blizzards. I decided I might want to build a different team with it, this time one with actual Aegislash checks instead of Specs Fire Blast Gyarados and Mud Bomb Blissey. I also thought I might carry some actual Kanga+Heatran checks (though this team still doesn't have many ways to beat it, I at least have a few much more solid ways of killing Kanga than Specs Gyarados). I also built this team around Christmas so thought Blizzspam would be fitting

Talonflame: This is what I mostly use to get rid of Diancie and stuff early game so that Blizz spam can clean up later. I also get to dent annoying things with BB and have Flare Blitz as one of my ways to beat Aegislash.

Abomasnow: Provides Hail for the 100% accurate Blizzards and helps get rid of things like Rotom-W for Talonflame and Rotom-Frost. It also gets its own priority in Ice Shard if I need to do something like quickly finish Lando-T or a Dragon.

Rotom-Frost: Running HP Steel to get that sneaky KO on Mega Diancie and enough speed to ninja Adamant Scarf Landorus-T with Blizzard, this thing is really fun to use. You can bounce away with Volt Switch near the beginning of the game, which I guess makes it a cool lead pick (it's also good because it completely counterleads people dumb enough to lead genies against hailspam :B). It's also got a key resist to Brave Bird that other Blizzard mons usually can't offer and outspeeds and OHKOs Talonflame with Volt Switch or even Thunderbolt (sometimes if the Talon has already taken a hit it can Blizzard KO too!) so I really like this mon.
OH and yeah it has a better MU against Charizard than other Blizzspammers.

Landorus-T: Explosion is literally the only reason to ever use this thing because suicide is always the answer.
The Intimidate patches up some weaknesses that the team has like Kangaskhan and Talonflame, and EQ can help vs Heatran.

Gardevoir: I ran this because it helped get rid of some of the Dragons. You may be wondering "how do dragons threaten a team with blizzspam lol???!?!??!" but there's literally 1 thing on this team that can switch into any move from Latios/Hydreigon and that's Aegislash, and even that takes SE Earth Powers/Fire Blasts/Dark Pulses from Hydra; everything else gets chunked by everything and Draco just OHKOs anything I throw at it aside from Aegislash so you know Gardevoir was an ok idea. I ran a bulkier one though because I thought Hail/Talonflame could finish off things like Latios or Kyurem-B that may live a Hyper Voice and by that time I really wouldn't care about Gard anyway, but the bulk is to maintain switching power. I fit it with Taunt and HP Ground in order to beat TR and hit Heatran better because Psyshock wasn't needed.

Aegislash: This assisted in solving the major Charizard problem that was prevelant all across the team (RIP resists) because it got Wide Guard I guess lol. This also stops Hyper Voice Sylveon and Rock Slide Landorus-T from completely fucking me over and forces a switch against Choiced variants. It can beat things like Mega Kangaskhan, Kyurem-B, Latios, Sylveon, and Mega Gardevoir, which are all pretty threatening as well. Finally, it's a ghost resist that I can freely go BOOM next to with Landorus-T :)

When I get back from lunch I'm gonna write something about how the team came to be.
So basically this team started with Rotom-Frost+Abomasnow because blizzspam christmas stuff (Abomasnow was originally Mega too)

I then added Hydreigon as a cool Heatran check because it resisted both of its main attacks and hit it hard with EP. It also helped out against TR by hitting Cress and Reuniclus hard with LO Dark Pulse.

I then saw that I had like 0 resists to Hyper Voice/Rock Slide and 1 resist+2 weaks to Heat Wave and decided Wide Guard would be good. I decided Heat Wave would be less of a problem than Hyper Voice/Rock Slide because Heat Wave would be mostly seen on Zard/Heatran and I could win easily against Heatran in theory because I had a mon that perfectly switched in and KOd and zard would have to deal with weather war bullshit (but that wouldn't be so hard for zard tbh). Rock Slide could've bit my ass if something that I couldn't hit well like Terrakion were to use it because I had 0 resists and 2 mons weak to it. Hyper Voice would be even less manageable because I had no way to hit things like Sylveon/Gardevoir yet. I added Aegislash because of this, and I guess that would work out well with Hydreigon because of their great synergy together.
At that point, I noticed the team would be a major improvement from the Ode to Huy team because my best way of beating Kangaskhan with that was by use of a Gyarados that got outsped and 2HKOd by its Return after Intimidate debuff, and this team has an excellent way to beat Kangaskhan in its mortal enemy Aegislash (it's not Gengar because Aegislash can lose vs Kanga too and Gengar can't).

Now I decided to bring my concern to Mega Diancie. It could OHKO everything but Aegislash and all I had to stop it was Flash Cannon/Wide Guard from Aegislash.
I also had a big concern about what I would do against anything that had Tailwind.
I came to the conclusion that the best thing to deal with this problem was Steel Wing Talonflame. This also was my best check to opposing Talonflame at the time so I ran Jolly to fulfill that role a little better.
Adding Talonflame to my team made me change the entire dynamic of how I pictured a game with this team. It meant I could pick one of Talonflame hyper offense or Blizzspam to start off with and just clean up with the other in the later stages of the game.

I had 0 switch-ins for Latios aside from Aegislash, and this is also where not worrying about Heatran earlier in the process almost became the death of me. I had 1 thing to touch Heatran at all and it loses to faster Dragons and Mega Kangaskhan (flashbacks to the other blizzspam team where it did nothing vs Kanga+Heatran...)
I ended up going with an all out offensive Gardevoir with HP Ground to help with this, because Sylveon really just wasn't enough to beat Heatran because they're all homosexual timid sets now so I couldn't outspeed and HP Ground because it could just set up Sub for free. This made Abomasnow non-mega sash.
I eventually came to realize that Mega Gardevoir's sky high Special Defense was far more important than getting the KO on Latios because I could just let the slot do nothing while Talonflame/Rotom-F/residual hail damage finished it off anyway, and taking Heat Wave from Charizard/Heatran was far more important than doing a little more damage to Kangaskhan. I put Taunt>Psyshock because I figured Taunting Amoonguss and either forcing a switch or having it be shit would be better than killing it anyway (also I had 4 mons that dented Amoonguss with anything they used lol), and it helps against TR and sub Aegislash.

I started testing with this, and it SUCKED. It did 0 to Jirachi+Diancie, had big Aegislash issues (especially sub), and still had some major Kangaskhan issues. Heatran and Charizard Y were still incredibly threatening and I fucking raged everytime I saw Jirachi+Diancie just because I hate those two mons together .-. This was what made me change Hydreigon to Landorus-T because it fucks up Diancie+Jirachi hard and does way more to Zard/Heatran than Hydreigon could ever imagine doing. Also, I couldn't stop Kangaskhan from murdering everything on my team without Intimidate (still doesn't mean I don't take heavy damage from it, though).

Some final thoughts about this team: Hail teams rarely fix everything they need to, and generally end up looking like dirt shit, which is why it's unpopular (blizzspam hail is especially unpopular because you have to run multiple ice types which burdens your team with a huge need to cover the many weaknesses of the ice type). However, I cannot express my personal liking for Blizzspam in any way with the vocabulary I have, and it doesn't really play all too bad.
This is also the theme song of this team

Team 4

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gardevoir (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

Talonflame (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Head Smash
This is a semiroom team I made a while ago, built around m-gard. Jirachi made sense as the second setter, it can redirect steel-type moves and the Talonflames audacious enough to brave bird hard instead of blitzing rachi, and slow iron head is cool under tr. Hydreigon resists everything gard + rachi is weak to, and hits opposing tr setters hard. Running earth power to hit Heatran. Talonflame deals with Steele and gives me another good answer for tr, as well as a second ground immunity and a way to lure/beat fairies. Running band because this Team has Talonflame problems. Scrafty gives a second way to hit Steels and gives support in setting up tr, hits zardy because this Team lacks a slider, knock is General good utility. Genesect helped fix up the rest of the teams weaknesses, deal with fairies, hit steels and is my best answer to landog bar nuking it after a bit of chip.

Team 5

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
Built around Mega Gard + Lando-I, cool core imo.
Added Keldeo for beating Kangaskhan and Bisharp, Landorus-T OHKO with Hydro and Quick Guard support.
Added Kyurem-Black for Thundurus and Amoonguss.
Added Aegislash for Wide Guard support, Trick Room check and sleep switch-in with Safety Goggles.
Added Talonflame to help vs Sun teams and extra EQ immunity. Helps versus Bisharp.

threats: Bisharp hurts, besides that I have pretty good leads vs most kind of teams. Diancie can be a pain because Aegislash is my only switch-in, however most Diancie teams' Aegislash checks can be beaten by Lando-I + Garde though, which is nice.

Team 6

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Sunny Day
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 128 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Bisharp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
- Protect
Well, I'm kinda late in joining the wave, but still I made an effort posting a new impromptu concept. This team's not that bad, and it's a solid team to use I think [I am yet to test this]. So basically I came back from Manila Ocean Park days ago and saw a beautiful seaside view of our hotel room, which explains the title obviously and why I'm late. To be honest, I'm not that much of a Mega Gardevoir fan (I'm more of a Mega Gengar guy), but this is a solid build.

Obviously the team is centralised around Mega Gardevoir, and I find it cool with Tailwind, so some other partners will come along the way. So for the basics, Mega Gardevoir blah blah blah. Do Voice Spam and kill mons. It's basically the thing. However, with such a cool movepool I find it great to come up with a small twist, so I tried using Sunny Day, since Shadow Ball is trash on it with at least 3 mons to deal with its nemesis, Aegislash. Heatran takes huge advantage of Sunny Day, boosting Heat Wave and mainly having a pseudo-emergency button versus Rain. Both mons synergise well with resistances and such. Now, Lando is a problem, as well as faster Pokemon. The first pokemon I chose for speed control is thunder genie (duh) cause it's great. Prankster blah blah blah. Stop TR and mushrooms blah blah blah. Basic stuff.

More speed control! Suicune is a very solid option for speed control for obvious reasons blah blah blah. Water typing is good and walls Lando blah blah. Lots o' basic stuff. Then you have Bisharp as another Lando check and TR check, as well as potential fairy hate obviously. Finally, something unique. Landorus-T with Explosion. It's not something you'd see everyday, but it is a two-way attacker. It provides big mom Kangaskhan check, exploder spam, EQ and it's more versatile with Tailwind this way, since Landorus isn't choice locked. On the serious side, flying dog is better on this team as a non-choiced attacker because with Tailwind, you have more attacking options. This way, you'd have no trouble at all doing Lando stuff.

Still need to do more life things welp peace :]

Deadline of voting on Sunday, GMT noon. pce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)