Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Voting's over kids

With a one vote lead, pastelgameboy takes the week! Congrats to him; he will have his team on the hall-of-fame post on the first page. He will also have his vote count for double in the additional rounds! Also, don't forget our runner-up, KyleCole!

For Week 3, we'll be using: Mega Venusaur

Another underrated mega, Mega Venusaur brings with it high bulk along with the offensive presence and killing power your typical Amoonguss doesn't have. What does it take to have a good Mega Venusaur team? Let's find out!

GET BUILDING

Deadline's on Saturday, Noon GMT

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 198 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Psychic
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

I used this team in summer seasonals against @Level51, BulbaSword and KyleCole
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-238131587: vs Level's mega latias team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-241005340: vs cool team with Infernape
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-244440515: vs Kyle's AIDS Gengar+Whimsicott team
The spreads are mostly c/p from the smog dex. Venusaur is running 60 speed for Rotom and Landorus under tailwind. I'm not sure about the speed and may change away from it. I picked Sleep Powder over Leech Seed because I wanted a more offensive Venu, especially with tailwind. For bisharp, Focus sash > Life orb is a recent change that I haven't tested very much.
This team is a fairly standard take on the common Rotom-W/Heatran/Amoonguss defensive core with Venusaur instead of Amoonguss to add offensive pressure and bulk. The three Pokemon are very good at switching in on eachother's weaknesses; every weakness that one member of the core has, another one resists or is immune to. These three can check many of the Pokemon in DOU, although they are weak to Kyurem-Black and Skymin in particular. Latios provides a way to ohko Kyu-B and also offers speed control to help with Shaymin. My next choice was Terrakion, for checking Kangaskhan, Rock Slide, and Quick Guard support. I picked Bisharp because I wanted priority and a CM Cress stop/TR stop, and I felt that the double steel wasn't so awful, especially with Latios on the team.
The team has problems with Skymin because Skymin is a bitch and also Kyu-B if it gets a sub up because everything on my team takes heavy SE damage from it.
This team isn't terribly creative but w/e I like it and it won games. :3

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpA / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind

imustaccelerate (Accelgor) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Protect
- Encore
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mega Venu because we had to. This one lives LO Talonflame BB and outspeeds Rotom forms. Nothing terribly creative, but I went with Leech Seed over Sleep Powder because I built this team so that I can play Venu more defensively.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpA / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

The Venu/Washtom/Tran core is on 2/2 teams so far and I'm not surprised given that it has perfect defensive synergy. I went with a faster Heatran to threaten Bisharp (which gives my other members a hard time) and a SDef Washtom because I like using that set more than mixed defenses, I have 2 Will-O users for a reason and switchins to the physical threats to Washtom. It's also worth noting that my Rotom outspeeds M Venu by 1 so that I can disguise my Venu speed investment.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Terrak is pretty solid with Venusaur because it provides a great check to Kangaskhan, Kyurem B, and Talonflame. The team was a little bit vulnerable to Thundurus spamming Yellow Magic so I have Lum on this set to get around that + Taunt/Rock Slide depending on how much HP the Thundy has that turn. Taunt was also nice on Terrak because I wanted all 3 of my offensive moves on Gengar.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind

Gengar is a great anti lead to Kangaskhan + Landorus-T which pretty much requires me to run both Will-O and Icy Wind. Shaymin-Sky was a threat to my FWG core so that meant I needed to run Sludge Bomb, and I wanted Shadow Ball to not get dunked by WP Aegislash.

imustaccelerate (Accelgor) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Protect
- Encore
- U-turn

My Defensive core was 100% solid and I couldn't be happier with the mix of defenses and offence that the other members of the team gave. However the core is torn apart by Shaymin-Sky and Kyurem-B, which was fixed by adding Final Gambit. Accelgor outspeeds Scarf Lando T so you can hit that up as well. Protect + Encore is also great for Fake Out mons. Accelgor may seem niche, but it is actually a catch-all to any Pokemon that threatens to break through my defensive core. Shoutout to finally for the nickname.

THIS ONCE REK'D BUNNIES©

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 100 SpA / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl
- Tailwind

Cresselia (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Safeguard
- Moonlight

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect

Bisharp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

INTRODUCTION:
This week, I introduce to you my Mega Venusaur team, which is a very great example of a "defensive" team that works well in DOU. This team was built around mid-April, when I was just a DOU rookie trying to create teams from other people's teams/frameworks. This was the result of what I have done before, which turns out to be one of the bulkiest teams I have made so far (Named the team that way because I remember beating bunny mascot TGMD with his bunnies using this team months ago).

POKEMON SELECTION:
  • Mega Venusaur, cause it's this week's theme, duh. Seriously, it puts great amounts of pressure to teams weakened late game. Also, one principle lies on Mega Venusaur: if you're using M-Venu, you've gotta have Leech Seed. It's one of the best reasons to why it is a great late game cleaner.
  • In case Mega Venusaur can't cut through teams late game as a win con, Rocky Helmet Cresselia backs you up perfectly. Though the earlier variant of my team had Icy Wind > Calm Mind, I knew I am Bisharp bait and replaced it with CM, since it can also help you clean up late game vs. styles like Sun. Also, Safeguard because status needs to be prevented to remain bulky and no attack cuts.
  • Suicune is an important utility tool for the team, providing Tailwind support most specially for your bulky guys and Snarl support because Mega Venusaur is more physically defensive. Getting the neat SpA drops to your opponents makes Venusaur a hard time to beat.
  • Sun was still a problem, with Suicune hitting Charizard with little damage and nearly the whole team losing to it. Goggles Rotom-Heat provides you a neat check to the popular Sun core of Char-Y and Venu. Also, Aegi hate.
  • The team is still naturally slow with no fast Pokemon that reach at least the base 100 speed to beat more threats. Also, I need another way to back myself up vs. Char-Y. Terrakion perfectly fits this role, providing as well as a way to get rid of Mega Kangaskhan and Kyurem-B.
  • Finally, I am still relatively weak to psychics and ghost types really do well vs. my team, so Bisharp rounds up the team, with a way to get rid of Intimidate users and defeat most TR setters.

THREATLIST:
Little to nothing necessarily threatens this team very well, as the team can cover up its weaknesses with little to no pressure at all. However, I would need to highlight a few threats:
  • Fast, offensive Dark types. This most notably refers to Darkrai, so you may need to play a bit more carefully because it's got good coverage and fast enough to beat this team.
  • Fast, offensive cores. This notes down one of the fastest cores in the metagame, Keldeo and Skymin, which usually stick in HO. It may require a bit of sacking or keeping up TW to be able to beat these cores.
Well, that's about it. Thanks so much for reading this team. Also, if bunny mascot remembers this... :] And no replays first because they're outdated. Update: Here's some. G1/G2

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the natalie dormer squad©

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 132 Def / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

i n n o v a t i v e

this started out as a pretty terrible idea for creating a cresselia hard counter with darkrai, so that's where it started. basically I was looking for some "innovation" at some lesser used pokemon and then I saw that Darkrai had Haze. now haze is a pretty bad move, apart from using it vs cresselia, so darkrai is basically the cresselia hard counter because cresselia does nothing. I was looking how I could beat cresselia with darkrai and even though dark pulse does 60% it wasn't enough, so I decided to go with a Nasty Plot Dark Pulse set. especially with focus sash you're supposed to be able to get a single nasty plot up, now you can change the nature to timid but I decided to go full offensive. once you get to +2 you're absolutely destructive.

now I had Darkrai with a modest nature for the extra sheer power, and I decided I'd like some speed control with it, and who is a good tailwind setter? I went with talonflame because setting up priority with tailwind is even better. i also went with quick guard over flare blitz because I feel like you don't really use flare blitz for much opportunities, and quick guard is nice vs other talonflame, thundurus, fake out users, sucker punch users etc etc

now here we come to the point that I decided I didn't want to go really frail offensively, and darkrai and talonflame are both pretty frail. I also remembered I had not yet made a team for this weeks teambuilding competition and I didn't see a reason to not fit mega-venusaur in, it's the basic mega-venusaur with spacebass' set

now we go with heatran, I love using heatran because he's fairly bulky and he helps out vs stuff like mega-charizard etc, he also brings nice strength with heat wave and earth power, especially considering w don't have flare blitz on talonflame

i went with the bulky landorus set because i'm interested to see what it possibly does, apart from bringing utility with intimidate, it's still an amazing pokemon that can deal a lot of damage

and finally i wanted something thats bulky too as well as being annoying as fuck and beats other mega-venusaurs and cresselia is amazing for that, cresselia is definitely THE go-to pokemon when you want some bulkyness in your team, also she doesn't do much damage but w/e

so idk if this gets boned by something i didn't see you should let me know

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 200 HP / 188 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 88 SpA / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Icy Wind

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

-SpaceBass M-venusaur set lives bb and stuff. there isnt much to say about the set as dual stab is needed to not get walled by grass plus nice coverage. leech seed is needed to wear down opponents and gives great recovery, great with protect
-psychic being an uncommon type, R-W and Kleldeo countered, sash terrakion beats talonflame, heatran and charizard, so i put it next to M-venusaur to aid it in beating flying-fire-steel types and adding offensive pressure. rock slide and CC are dual stabs, taunt helps with amoonguss and cress, which troubles this pair.
-needing a second sun check and a fire type, R-H checked talon and filled the second spot in the F/W/G core. i put trick>will-o because the team is really physically bulky, and trick disturbs many support pokemon, who give this team trouble the most such as cress and amoong. put a quite offensive set to help with countering venu counters
-zapdos seemed cool to use and tw would give the team a needed speed boost. a bulky set with rocky helmet helps wearing down kanga. hp ice counters lando and u know the rest
-gyarados was my third spot in F/W/G, the utility set with icywind to help further with speed control. taunt is again present because the same reasons, and it provided intimidate, making the team incredibly resistant physically along with the general physical defense stats that are high.
-aegislash was my psychic counter, and wideguards rock slide that troubles me. weakness policy cuz its great and thats the team !

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I started making a team that was cancerous just for the heck of it, but then I realized the combo I want to use is better done by regular Venusaur and Mega Char-Y anyway

Specifically, Sweet Scent Venusaur and Inferno Focus Blast Char-Y. hehehehe.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

I've always felt that Venusaur is a bit passive for a Mega Evolution, even when you're spamming Leech Seed. As a result I've never been a huge fan of the typical cores involving Venusaur, a bulky Water, and a Heatran (or Rotom-H). I never said heavier offense was off the table though! A few days ago I was thinking of using Kyurem-B, and found that it, Terrakion, and Mega Venusaur actually complemented each other really well, and decided to roll with those. I originally had Latios and Jirachi over Landorus-T and Aegislash, but after being frustratingly weak to Talonflame and a little too slow for my liking, I settled on the latter two. (I considered HP Steel Darkrai at one point.)

Sub Kyurem-B needs no explanation. It sets up on a ton of common Pokemon and proceeds to wreak havoc. Of course, Kangaskhan is probably one of Kyurem-B's worst matchups, with Charizard Y in a close second, so Terrakion came next. Being able to beat many of Kyurem-B's checks and counters while also having its own covered in part by Kyurem-B (hello Amoonguss!) is great. Venusaur is a really cool addition to the core to cover the weakness to Keldeo and Fairy-types, such as Sylveon and Diancie, while also providing a super bulky backup to the duo. Leech Seed keeps it alive almost indefinitely against bulkier teams that can't break through it. Talonflame was the next addition. I wanted to take down the fast and frail but powerful things like Deoxys-A and Mega Gardevoir that could give my core trouble. It also covers Aegislash, which my three are hard pressed to beat. Landorus-T was grudgingly added after I realized I was lacking in reliable Speed control and dropped Will-o-Wisp on Talonflame, but it helps against my hyper offense matchup. Aegislash provides Wide Guard support (free Subs on Lando-T sometimes!) as well as another Fairy check, while also just being really bulky and powerful in general.

And yeah, this team does great against Stratos's Trick Room team - Kyurem-B and Mega Venusaur easily win the war of attrition, as long as Cresselia is weakened beforehand and you play well against Camerupt.

oh wow i have a team that fits the criteria again. i can't decide on the title though.
Jungle Funk / Drinking to Forget

Funkasaurus (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Amnesia
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Rider (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpD
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Boxcars (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

New Wave (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 132 SpA / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl
- Tailwind

Bugaboo (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Toastee (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Reflect
- Protect

Okay so this has sort of a simillar framework to other people's teams, but honestly the best thing about this thread is probably that it forces us to come up with frameworks for the individual mons. Anyways when i decided to build around mega venusaur, i thought it would be cool to focus on the setup amnesia set that i had seen CycoVision using. After i had that, i picked darkrai to kill of psychics and terrakion to kill of birds and kangaskhan. after that, all the other mons help keep up the bulk of my team in various ways because when you have a bulky setup sweeper, that shit is goddamn crucial. also about 50% of of the mons on this team have cool nicknames so i think thats pretty good for me.

Venusaur (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 72 SpA / 120 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 164 HP / 216 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Gothitelle (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Psychic

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Snarl

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 216 HP / 136 Def / 156 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 188 HP / 136 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Venusaur
Typical bulky set with Leech Seed.

Defensivly: Takes a 252+ LO BB from Talon. Also makes a -1 252+ Double Edge from M-Kang a 3HKO, with 2 intimidate users this isn't too hard a setup. on the special side it can survive a KyuB's 252+ LO Ice Beam.
Offensively: Sludge Bomb is a 2HKO on 252/0 Sylveon and 104/0 AV Ludicolo.

Rotom-H
Needed something to act as a Talonflame and Skymin switch in/check for Venu, it can be worn down quite quickly though. Also only mon that Lando can safely EQ next to without requiring a protect.
Specs since I think CharY could be a real problem and like having the 1-hit for it. Also having a screwy answer (Trick) to setup thing like CM Cress comes in great when combined with Goth.

Defensively: survives M-Kang's 252 Return.
Offensively: Gets the 1HKO on 252/0 CharY with Tbolt, which also has a 15/16 chance on 4/0 Bisharp (better than Overheat).
Speed: Outspeeds neutral base 70s, i.e. Bisharp.

Gothitelle
Shadow Tag is amazing when combined with intimidate (or Snarl). Heal Pulse is great on very defensive teams.

Defensively: I just went max HP max SpDef. It can happily survive any Hydreigon's Dark Pulse and even a 252+ LO Shadow Ball from Aegislash. Physical defense didn't seem like a huge priority with intimidate support and it surviving M-Kang's 252+ Double Edge with just max HP thanks to Sitrus. Even HP number so Sitrus activates after a Super Fang.
Speed: min speed since it's a Trick Roomer.

Scrafty
First Intimidate user. Psychic Immunity.
I'm not really a fan of AV but felt that with it it could do better job taking on KyuB.

Defensively: Went with Max HP, 44 Def then dumped the remainder, after attack investment, in SpDef. This survives 252 LO Secret Swords from Keldeo, -1 252+ M-Kang's Return is a 3HKO.
Offensively: 2HKOs 4/0 M-Kang with Drain Punch. Roughly drains the same HP back from a 228/0 KyuB that the 252+ Ice Beam does to Scrafty.
Speed: TR. Underspeeds Aegislash for Knock Off KO.

Sylveon

Another KyuB check but also an option for heavy damage.

Defensively: A Heatran's 252+ Flash Cannon is a 3HKO if either Sylv is +1 or Tran is -1 (from Snarl). Non-LO Bisharp needs the max role for a KO.
Offensively: At +1 HP Ground 1-hits 56/0 Heatran. Hyper Voice is still hitting things decently hard without boosts. Still get clean KOs on 4/0 Terrakion and Keldeo.
Speed: Min, not just for TR but for lower Gyro Ball damage.

Landorus-Therian
Second intimidate user. Standard Scarf moveset. U-Turn's good for bringing Goth in a bit easier.
Nice 6th slot since it's fairly catch all.

Defensively: Dummped remaining EVs but this does avoid the +1 252+ LO Sucker Punch KO from Bisharp.
Offensively: 2HKOs 4/0 Skymin with Rock Slide
Speed: With the Scarf it Outspeeds positive base 130s, I think M-Gengar is very much worth outspeeding even if it's not too common.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
IT'S TIME WE VOTIN'

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in bold the name of the user who created the team you voted for.

AngryShroomish
KyleCole
Majore 'D Mawile
Meloetta<3
Silverwhiteblue
Arcticblast
Hashtag
Jhon

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT

note: voting for yourself is not ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)