Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
This week's winner is Team 5 by Roxer! On another note, this competition is now on its 30th week for some reason! Wow!

This week, we bring to the spotlight a more underused but still cool Pokemon in...

Mega Aerodactyl - Mega Aerodactyl serves well as a really fast attacker in the metagame. With its rock solid Rock-typing it can be a really good counter to Talonflame, and it has access to neat moves in Wide Guard, Sky Drop, and Aqua Tail, the latter useful for taking out Mega Diancie and Landorus-T!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Matame

New Rules
Hyper offensive yay

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
Rotom-Heat @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Willo-wisp
- Protect

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Tailwind
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Protect

Aero is a cool anti meta pokemon, being able to outspeed scarf adamant lando t and having a crucial spread move in rock slide. Its biggest flaw is beign walled and ko'ed by bulky waters and steels, which are covered with serperior and rotom heat. Unfortunatly that is still relatively heatran weak, which slots keldeo in, forming a solid water/fire/grass core. Still being quite weak to fighting mons, latios offers raw power and psychic stab, also recovery to help win some situations. this team is still every weak to fairies, which si where bisharp comes in, and although not being the most efficient switch in to a hyper voice, it outspeeds sylveon, the man abuser.IT can beat a lot of common cores and overwhelm some teams with pure offense

Aero has tailwind jsut top help with speed ties and to counter act other tailwinds.

Btw this is my first team ive submitted so if its terrible tell me

Last edited:
yo props to memoric for hacking into my Chrome cache (or wherever teams are stored, idk) to take my teams and using that database to choose pokemon for the competition.

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Wide Guard

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

This team begun with the Mega Aero + Volcarona core, I normally wouldn't say this core could work but after testing it out a lot, running Wide Guard > Protect on Mega Aerodactyl seemed to do the job, as most people rely on Talonflame, Diancie, Rock Slide or Water moves to beat Volcarona, I could deal with all but the former with Wide Guard Aerodactyl. Lum Berry Volcarona because of Thunder Wave and Spore, both of those are super annoying to deal with. Next up I added another Wide Guard user in Aegislash, because fuck Diancie and he'd help me with Trick Room and an extra Kang switch-in (Mega Aero the bulky mon), also a handy Safety Goggles for spore can bluff out the Lum Berry in Volcarona. Then I added Offensive Thundurus with Flash Cannon to help the team deal with Waters by having a powerful Electric, then I added Keldeo so I had something to actually OHKO Heatran/Kang and provide Quick Guard support for the team. Lastly I added Landorus-Therian for intimidate support vs Mega Diancie and a bulky pivot for me to switch around with U-Turn, which I found nescessary.

edit: lana I like how you have 2 descriptions and 2 importables for bluffing others into not stealing the team

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Wew kids,,,

Voting time!

Team 1

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
Rotom-Heat @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Willo-wisp
- Protect

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Tailwind
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Protect
Aero is a cool anti meta pokemon, being able to outspeed scarf adamant lando t and having a crucial spread move in rock slide. Its biggest flaw is beign walled and ko'ed by bulky waters and steels, which are covered with serperior and rotom heat. Unfortunatly that is still relatively heatran weak, which slots keldeo in, forming a solid water/fire/grass core. Still being quite weak to fighting mons, latios offers raw power and psychic stab, also recovery to help win some situations. this team is still every weak to fairies, which si where bisharp comes in, and although not being the most efficient switch in to a hyper voice, it outspeeds sylveon, the man abuser.IT can beat a lot of common cores and overwhelm some teams with pure offense

Aero has tailwind jsut top help with speed ties and to counter act other tailwinds.

Team 2

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Wide Guard

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
This team begun with the Mega Aero + Volcarona core, I normally wouldn't say this core could work but after testing it out a lot, running Wide Guard > Protect on Mega Aerodactyl seemed to do the job, as most people rely on Talonflame, Diancie, Rock Slide or Water moves to beat Volcarona, I could deal with all but the former with Wide Guard Aerodactyl. Lum Berry Volcarona because of Thunder Wave and Spore, both of those are super annoying to deal with. Next up I added another Wide Guard user in Aegislash, because fuck Diancie and he'd help me with Trick Room and an extra Kang switch-in (Mega Aero the bulky mon), also a handy Safety Goggles for spore can bluff out the Lum Berry in Volcarona. Then I added Offensive Thundurus with Flash Cannon to help the team deal with Waters by having a powerful Electric, then I added Keldeo so I had something to actually OHKO Heatran/Kang and provide Quick Guard support for the team. Lastly I added Landorus-Therian for intimidate support vs Mega Diancie and a bulky pivot for me to switch around with U-Turn, which I found nescessary.

Deadline on Sunday GMT noon!

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
With a solid af lead, Team 2 by Roxer wins the week!

Now it's time for another mon! Here comes...

Mega Latias - This guy here is basically a better CM Cresselia but takes up a Mega slot. It has ridiculous potential, but it's a non-factor without boosts. It has good stats across the board and high Speed to pair well with its setting up. Run wild!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Mega Latias Set-up Sweeper Tank
So imo, Mega Latias has a lot of potential to be an awesome set up sweeper, if its teammates can eliminate the big time threads. This team is 4/6 of memorics team and 5/6 of same typing of pokemon; so it has a strong foundation but with a different strategy mind set.

Threats to Latias and my checks.
  • Steel types
    • Heatran with flamethrower to get by wide guard Aegislash
    • Landorus EQ and Superpower
    • Breloom Mach punch and spore
  • Fairy types
    • Jirachi Iron Head, Follow Me
    • Heatran
    • Max speed breloom to Spore
    • Suicune and Lando for Diance
  • Ghost types
    • Snarl Suicune
    • Spore Breloom
  • Dark Types
    • Mach Punch Breloom
    • Superpower Lando
  • Dragon Types
    • Follow Me Jirachi
    • Icy Wind Jirachi
    • U-Turn Lando for Latios/Hydre
Latias can out run max speed base 70s out of tailwind. Under one icy wind it will outrun 110s.

Calcs at 2 calm minds
vs Diancie
+2 0 SpA Latias Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 148-175 (61.4 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
48 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 86-104 (23.6 - 28.5%) -- 96.5% chance to 4HKO
vs Sub Kyurem B

vs Latios
+2 0 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 366-432 (121.5 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 221-265 (60.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

vs Mega Gengar
+2 0 SpA Latias Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 534-630 (204.5 - 241.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 104-126 (28.5 - 34.6%) -- 3.5% chance to 3HKO

vs Darkrai
+2 0 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 217-256 (72 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Sylveon
+2 0 SpA Latias Psychic vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 168-198 (48.6 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 168-200 (46.1 - 54.9%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect
Recycling

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

team is super fuckin busted. start with mega latias cause thats the mon of the week. we add scrafty bc its one of the best fake out supporters we couldve chosen, beats kang, heatran, bisharp, hydrei, etc, etc, all for latias. next we add landorus-t, more help with those steels, best mon in the game, throw around some cash rock slides, etc, etc. next we add ferrothorn cause i saw we were lookin weak as fuck to rain and we also needed a steel type. next we add the most broken ass set i've ever come up with, choice band no stab deoxys attack. e speed does like 75% to talon on a min roll, easiest revenge kill of your life on the fukn thing. anyways, we got terrak in the 6th slot cause we are super weak to talon and u can never have too much rock slide, and it has taunt cause TR and shit. this team looks bisharp weak as fuck but deo a is a sick lure, u got that superpower to give em a 1-2 bop dash, gg no re get fukt mate see u next week. best team this week easily, no one should even submit after this where is my room mods.

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Rock Slide

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

All Distortion

this (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
EVs: 40 HP / 56 Def / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Protect

dick (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Protect

aint (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

free (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- King's Shield

uncle sam (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore

lucy (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Quick Attack
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

originally i had sub mlatias but yea i changed it up to a more silly set LOL
after kinda fucking aroundd with the team for a bit i saw we were super diancie weak and had 0 checks so instead of the gay subcm set I went for a more offensive set with HP steel so you can OHKO mdiancie
40hp/56def kinda minimizes the risk of getting 2hkod by lando-t uturn so i thought that was fun

i picked infernape because i wanted and aegi + hydrei check and originally i wanted scrafty but i dont rly like using it and especially in my team comp im afraid it might've been too slow. nothing exciting here

the lando-t set is inspired by TOTEM, sub lando-t seems like a realy fun thing to try out once and i thought it was funny to try on this team

u should probably change substitute on aegislash to wide guard bc you might have a diff mu vs lando-t but thats where WP hp ice comes into play, hp ice is a fun lure that was used by mizu in last spl and surprise OHKOing lando-t is cool

2 attacks amoonguss is good

quick attack sylveon lol i noticed we didnt really have priority or any speed in our team so I thought quick attack was a pretty fun way to catch ppl off guard :D

Ban this team before it destroys the meta as we know it

UNBEATABLE SQUAD

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Stored Power
- Recover

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 64 SpA / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rage Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Protect

Jirachi @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 236 HP / 192 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Encore

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Transform
- Tailwind

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

The idea is to set up cm latias, which becomes fairly unstoppable. Tangela is a decent redirector that can remove stuff like keld and actually hit for about half on kang with leaf storm. Jirachi set is strange but with double twind I dropped icy wind for draco and replaced iron head with flash cannon to make it all special. Draco meteor helps remove dragon types that might threaten latias while setting up. Next togekiss is there for redirection and nice resists to darks, it can also set twind so latias can recover quickly before taking hits. I replaced airslash with dazzling gleam to help get rid of hydrei and scrafty quickly, both of which are threats to latias. Mew is there for the classic transform, it also helps against Kang PuP because u can either spore it, encore it into pup, or transform into kang. Finally amoonguss is there for the bulky spore support.

Tl;dr Use follow me. Ez.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)