Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a vote lead, n10sit takes the week! He'll have his team posted on the OP!

Next up, we'll have:
@

Life Orb Landorus-T - While Landorus-T is mostly known for its Choice Scarf set, another variant (surprisingly!) also exists. With a Life Orb, Landorus-T becomes more of a destructive force with utility in Intimidate. However, without a Choice Scarf, Landorus-T now gets outsped by a significant portion of the metagame due to only having middling 91 Base Speed. Yeah!
Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on next Friday, noon GMT+1.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
basic af

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Heat Wave

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Protect

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Protect

Since LO lando is slower than diancie I am using aqua jet azu, flash cannon scarf hydre, as the fast way to beat diancie. lando still can but not fast
no steel wing talon. I think I need taunt
hp ice killing landos with scarf hydre and heatwave for spread, you need spread. you also need pirority - I got that

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
This team was built around a Lando/Azu/Volc core, with the intention of sweeping with either Azu or Volc, while stealth rock Lando deters Tflame and changes a few rolls into ohkos. Sceptile was added mostly for fun, but it checks dragons, Diancie, and can use focus blast in a pinch. Lightningrod also protects Volc and Azu from opposing Thundy. My own Thundy is pretty much there because genies, but also to pseudo HH Sceptile so it can ko things like Lando and Kyube. Aegi is a much needed rock resist and Kanga switchin.

Last edited:
INFURIATING PASSION

Houndoom-Mega (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Imprison
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Sunny Day
- Icy Wind

Milotic (F) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 24 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Close Combat
- Protect

Aegislash (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Alright so I am not going to be that active in Smog and mons until the end of the school year (which is less than a week from now). For the meantime, I just would drop a team for the meantime.

This team revolves around a cool offense core of Mega Houndoom/Landorus-T/Milotic. The main premise of the core is to support either Landorus-T or Mega Houndoom along with Milotic to pressure opposing teams. Milotic is essential for the core, which prevents Fire types and opposing Landorus-T from breaking apart the 2 Pokemon by STAB water moves and Competitive respectively. Milotic benefits from both Houndoom and Landorus-T through breaking grasses and using Imprison to lock away any enemy Lando's spread options. The next few Pokemon came soon enough. Jirachi acts as the first fairy resist and provides Sunny Day to potentially stop Rain and boost up Houndoom's attacks. Terrakion is here to help with the sun match-up, given the fact that you don't have a Scarf Lando. Finally, Goggles Aegislash as a 2nd fairy check and spread blocker, as well as a needed Trick Room check.

This team actually has a few weaknesses, and you'd face most of these quite occasionally, such as a combination of Mega Manectric and Keldeo and, potentially, Bisharp. Anyway, this team is really good to use, but it's definitely not for a beginner to start with.

Note: If you fight a team with a bulky water using this team, I guess you should rather click x or go balls.

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Talk

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

This is a fun tailwind offense team I made around Char Y. Teambuilding process was kinda complicated, had some janky pinsir team with lo lando and deo on it and follow me luke, and then I told myself "time to make this not bad". I ended up with similar role fullfillment but very different mons.

Weavile + Char Y is a lot of fun, and lando+latios+char y is also a lot of fun. Sylveon + Char Y is something I've always wanted to make work, because fire/fairy coverage is fun. Deoxys is just gotta go fast and a solid amoonguss/lando check, but double psychic is a little strange. I thought about mence instead of latios b ut mence+lando isn't the same sweeping force that Latios+Lando is so I decided against it. Still thinking of mons I could replace either of the two with.

Sets:
Turbo sylveon because idk... Stratos says it's the set on shake's team and outspeeding landot with tailwind is p important. Also it's cool to outspeed shitty washtom spreads every once in a blue moon

Tailwind/Heatwave on Char Y: I actually really like this with Weavile's Fake Out + Feint pressure, because you can confidently force a switch to something that resists fire or grass but you'll just be setting tailwind. I was overheat but I like heat wave a little more so I'm using that.

Life Orb Deo could be changed to sash but I like life orb because damage and not being a useless momentum suck, cuz I don't have as much resist-synergy as I'd like

Life Orb HP Ice mixed lando is cool.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Standard stuffs

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Draco Meteor

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

This is a standard Kangaskhan team featuring Life Orb Landorus. I used kangaskhan as the mega beacause along with Landorus they have great offensive pressure. Landorus is standard Life Orb because thats what we had to build. Talonflame was added to beat grass and steel types. I am using Will-OWisp Talon to help with the Kangaskhan matchup. I added Latios to beat fighting types that can threaten Kangaskhan and Bisharp. I added Scarftom to beat Landorus which was a big threat to the team. Lastly I have Bisharp and to help with Diancie and Aegislash. The teams standard but is still fun to use.

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx

Serious Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Talonflame @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 68 HP / 184 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Protect

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 196 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Okay, so the only thing that's really different about Lando-T is that it's wielding a LO instead of the usual Choice Scarf. It's still quite speedy with 252+ speed, but to compensate for the lack of speed given by Choice Scarf, two Tailwind setters have been placed on the team. Zapdos takes care of any water pokemon troubling Lando-T, while Talonflame gets rid of any ice pokemon that threaten Zapdos and Lando-T. Zapdos also has Thunder Wave, providing extra speed control for the team. I figured I'd add Ferrothorn after noticing a lot of rock and water weaknesses. Ferrothorn deals with both of those types, and, as an added bonus, can defeat pesky ice types. With everything balanced out, I added Mega Kangaskhan (since everybody always says "use a mega"). Aware of a visible fighting weakness, I added Sylveon, finishing the team.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Serious Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 20 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Talonflame @ Sitrus Berry
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 68 HP / 184 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Protect

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 196 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Okay, so the only thing that's really different about Lando-T is that it's wielding a LO instead of the usual Choice Scarf. It's still quite speedy with 252+ speed, but to compensate for the lack of speed given by Choice Scarf, two Tailwind setters have been placed on the team. Zapdos takes care of any water pokemon troubling Lando-T, while Talonflame gets rid of any ice pokemon that threaten Zapdos and Lando-T. Zapdos also has Thunder Wave, providing extra speed control for the team. I figured I'd add Ferrothorn after noticing a lot of rock and water weaknesses. Ferrothorn deals with both of those types, and, as an added bonus, can defeat pesky ice types. With everything balanced out, I added Mega Kangaskhan (since everybody always says "use a mega"). Aware of a visible fighting weakness, I added Sylveon, finishing the team.
I think some of your spreads messed up a little

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting time! To vote, just post the name of the guy who built the team you're voting for! (I'm covering this for this week.)

n1n1
Yellow Paint
Ray Majore
checkmater75
Mishimono
pwndkthnx

Deadline of voting is on Sunday, GMT Noon!

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
checkmater75
even though i do not entirely agree with some of the sets it looks like a team i'd use (not sure if thats a compliment)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
checkmater75

While the TR matchup looks pretty bad on paper, setting TR twice would be really difficult against this team and so I think it's pretty solid. It also absolutely wrecked me when I tried to play against it, so paying my respects in the form of a vote :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)