Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Some comments on the teams:
n1n1, I liked your team up until the point you added Hippowdon, Safety Goggles Latios, and Gastrodon. You could've potentially done something else with an Amoonguss over Gastrodon, and Landorus-Therian over Hippowdon, so you could freely switch up Latios' Goggles to Life Orb and made this team a bit more solid. The team has some sets I don't really agree with, such as Leftovers Aegislash and Energy Ball Latios, but it also has a pretty cool set in my opinion, being Expert Belt Blaziken.

Ray Majore, this looks like an interesting team but I'm not a fan of Mega Aerodactyl. Especially it's set is quite weird. Why are you not using Aqua Tail over Aerial Ace? It doesn't really make sense to me to use two Flying STAB moves in this case. It's mostly a shame because the team is quite weak to Sub Kyurem-Black (Amoonguss and Rotom-Wash are bait, Landorus gets KOd, and Mega Aerodactyl can't KO it with Rock Slide whilst it get OHKO'd in return by Ice Beam). It's a shame, because if this team would've been a Mega Diancie team I would've probably voted on it, as its a quite solid team.

Pocket, these are all Pokemon that I actually dislike using :D. The team however looks interesting, and you make use of Blaziken in a way not many other people do, making it the absolute star of the show. However, I still think Mega Blaziken is weak and I think the team is quite weak to Trick Room (maybe get a Safety Goggles on Togekiss so you can switch in on Sleep spam?). Overall I think the team is a little weird but hey those teams are good too.

Mishimono, this team is solid apart from the fact that I would not use Sableye. I'd probably use Gengar in this case, but overall the team looks pretty solid. Substitute Mega-Metagross is a fantastic win-con. Stone Edge is interesting on Blaziken but if I were you I'd probably still run HP Ice. You don't really have 100% ways to beat Landorus-Therian with the rest of your team anyway, as Kyurem-Black doesn't want to take hits, neither does Thundurus, etcetera.

Stax, this team looks very jive on the first glance. The team looks pretty weird and I don't really know what to think of it. You have a core thats very weak to Talonflame in Breloom and Blaziken, and I don't think Raichu can do much to Talonflame either. The team just looks a bit awkward and it feels like you're forcing Raichu a bit. I'd personally probably go with Thundurus over Raichu, as I think that can give more utility to the team, and something else over Breloom, as I don't think it is helping you too much at all, perhaps something with Fake Out if you're going to replace Raichu.

So my vote goes out to Mishimono, as I think he has the most solid team out of everyone. Ray Majore is a close second though ^_^

Some comments on the teams:
n1n1, I liked your team up until the point you added Hippowdon, Safety Goggles Latios, and Gastrodon. You could've potentially done something else with an Amoonguss over Gastrodon, and Landorus-Therian over Hippowdon, so you could freely switch up Latios' Goggles to Life Orb and made this team a bit more solid. The team has some sets I don't really agree with, such as Leftovers Aegislash and Energy Ball Latios, but it also has a pretty cool set in my opinion, being Expert Belt Blaziken.

Ray Majore, this looks like an interesting team but I'm not a fan of Mega Aerodactyl. Especially it's set is quite weird. Why are you not using Aqua Tail over Aerial Ace? It doesn't really make sense to me to use two Flying STAB moves in this case. It's mostly a shame because the team is quite weak to Sub Kyurem-Black (Amoonguss and Rotom-Wash are bait, Landorus gets KOd, and Mega Aerodactyl can't KO it with Rock Slide whilst it get OHKO'd in return by Ice Beam). It's a shame, because if this team would've been a Mega Diancie team I would've probably voted on it, as its a quite solid team.

Pocket, these are all Pokemon that I actually dislike using :D. The team however looks interesting, and you make use of Blaziken in a way not many other people do, making it the absolute star of the show. However, I still think Mega Blaziken is weak and I think the team is quite weak to Trick Room (maybe get a Safety Goggles on Togekiss so you can switch in on Sleep spam?). Overall I think the team is a little weird but hey those teams are good too.

Mishimono, this team is solid apart from the fact that I would not use Sableye. I'd probably use Gengar in this case, but overall the team looks pretty solid. Substitute Mega-Metagross is a fantastic win-con. Stone Edge is interesting on Blaziken but if I were you I'd probably still run HP Ice. You don't really have 100% ways to beat Landorus-Therian with the rest of your team anyway, as Kyurem-Black doesn't want to take hits, neither does Thundurus, etcetera.

Stax, this team looks very jive on the first glance. The team looks pretty weird and I don't really know what to think of it. You have a core thats very weak to Talonflame in Breloom and Blaziken, and I don't think Raichu can do much to Talonflame either. The team just looks a bit awkward and it feels like you're forcing Raichu a bit. I'd personally probably go with Thundurus over Raichu, as I think that can give more utility to the team, and something else over Breloom, as I don't think it is helping you too much at all, perhaps something with Fake Out if you're going to replace Raichu.

So my vote goes out to Mishimono, as I think he has the most solid team out of everyone. Ray Majore is a close second though ^_^
So much positivity n_n

Mishimono gets my vote. It's the kind of team that I would call as "most practical" for continuous matches especially in tourneys

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a vote lead, Mishimono wins this week, congrats! On another note, kudos to Meloettaaa for the thought-out post, we definitely should make more posts like those in here :p

This week:

Ferrothorn - With its high bulk, nifty typing, and access to Leech Seed, Ferrothorn is a Pokemon that can be a difficult and tricky to take out. Thanks to Iron Barbs and its Steel-typing, it can be a solid check to Mega Kangaskhan. It also packs a punch with its decent Attack and high-powered STAB move in Power Whip and has access to nifty utility moves such as Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock. It can be a huge liability when matched up against Fire-types, however, with most of them not giving a damn about Ferrothorn

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on next Friday, noon GMT+1.

Impeach

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I built this team a couple months ago, and I believe it's currently 3-0 in the current seasonal. I like this team a lot, and go into every match with a lot of confidence when using it. I opt for Thundurus-T over I because I really appreciate the Electric immunity on a team that could otherwise struggle a lot against opposing Thundurus-I. Talonflame Taunt if not obvious meant to stop trick room from going up, which is normally detrimental to a team like this, but with Ferrothorn, and Talonflame it's manageable. I added Thunderwave on Ferrothorn because I felt like the team had heavy reliance on moving first due to it not being bulky, and I find myself clicking the move more than I would have imagined myself doing before using the team. The biggest threat to the team are probably bulky grasses such as Ferrothorn, or Mega-Venusaur, but they're nowhere near impossible for the team to beat. Talonflame deals heavy damage to both of the threats I previously mentioned with Bravebird, and Flare Blitz respectively. While inconsistent Thundurus' Focus Blast can deal quite a bit of damage to Ferrothorn, and Venusaur definitely does not appreciate taking a hit from Kingdra's Draco meteor. These combined with Helping Hand will usually help manage those threats.

Last edited:
Living the Autistic Bird's Dream
TBH this is the third time in a row that I have submitted a team that I literally built less than a week before the mon was chosen holy hell
Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
This team was another one of my infamous attempts to build around what I think is the most fun and awesome pokemon in this meta game today and perhaps my biggest motivator to keep me building teams in doubles. I keep trying each time to build with Landorus-T because it compliments Pidgeot sooooooo much (yeah it pretty much compliments everything but Landorus-T makes Pidgeot an incredibly threatening mon a lot of the time) in beating Heatran/Charizard/Diancie/Jirachi etc while Pidgeot is similar to Kangaskhan in that it really beats nothing in particular, but nothing wants to take a hit from it. Like, at all. I will defend this one to the end of time, Pidgeot is the savior of the meta game.
Pidgeot has Tailwind so that it can outspeed/help its partner outspeed pretty much anything it needs to. Outspeeding and doing
252+ SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 244-288 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. +3 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Diancie: 224-268 (92.9 - 111.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Pidgeot Heat Wave vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur in Sun: 260-308 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (combined with Landorus-T rock slide this is a KO everytime)
252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 408-480 (98.5 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
is just amazing.
Ferrothorn helps avoid trick room and rain losses as per usual and with Hariyama serves as a bulkier side of the team. Rotom-W and Hydreigon check most of the remaining holes.
tbh I am really proud of this attempt in particular even if it looked a little weird with the whole double scarf+tailwind.

**Specifics**

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect

I prefer Tailwind over the usual Hyper Beam. This gives Pidgeot more flexibility and strengthens the team overall, and Pidgeot's Hurricanes still hurt like a bitch anyway. Keen Eye>Big Pecks because I am an anti-davilaivancarlos activist, and the EVs maximize my special attack while keeping me ahead of Landorus-I (if I forgot to change these EVs in the importable, I changed it like yesterday after almost losing to a Landorus-I but idt the change saved).

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

generic

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

I like to discourage Kangaskhan and really all other contact attackers as well (Breloom, Scrafty, etc) so I like running Rocky Helmet+Iron Barbs. It's a bit more difficult for Ferrothorn during rain since it's also not running Leech Seed (Knock Off makes Landorus-T and AV mons a lot easier to deal with, as well as certain LO attackers), but this most certainly doesn't mean it's not good against rain. It still resists every attack coming toward it from the rain side of teams aside from like Ice Beam and it hits pretty hard with Power Whip/Knock Off.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

Ice Punch lets me work better against Landorus-T and Heavy Slam stops those annoying fairies that Pidgeot can't really hit well. Assault Vest lets me do better against rain/sun, and the EVs allow me to outspeed Mega Diancie/Mega Metagross under tailwind.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Stopping Aegislash and Heatran basically. It works as one of my 2 fire resists on the team lol.

EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Outspeeds Landorus-T with scarf, levitates, etc. Trickscarf Rotom-W because I wanted yet another way to fuck around with trick room teams.

Some interesting things
  • this team has no EQ weaks at all.
  • this team has only 2 heat wave resists, but I have considerably good checks to sun in Landorus-T, Rotom-W, and Hydreigon, as well as Hariyama's av working well to take heat waves.
  • this team's most difficult matchup is definitely trick room because, you know, 2 real bulkmons and everything else loses to sylveon.
  • this team has only ferrothorn as its fairy resist. yeah.
  • >bunnies
  • >winning against this ever
  • lol
  • I'm also weird against hail. On the one hand, I have Ferrothorn and AV Hariyama. On the other, I have no way to stop blizzards from hitting the 3 ice weaks on my team, and I have only 1 blizzard resist.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

low key sick team but trash (hasn't lost in seasonal)

This team is built around stealth rocks + Deo A. The Deo A spread kills 108 HP Kyube and 56(?) HP Heatran with Superpower and outspeeds scarf kyube. Kyube is standard sub. Ferro is there because solid rocks setter and it beats fairies hard. Next I add Mega Diancie for Talonflame and Thundurus. Next I add Blaziken for Aegislash and another Fast mon. Next is standard Rotom Wash with T wave > Wisp for speed control. This team is very solid and I used it every round 1 through 5 of winter seasonal, and it never lost.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 Atk / 164 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
RAINBOW

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 12 Def / 20 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 224 HP / 92 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 76 HP / 204 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

So something really interesting about Ferro + Azumarill is that it breaks a lot of conventional azu teams you tend to see. For example, teams with ferro azu outright just can't use Jirachi or Amoonguss or risk getting dicked by shit that dicks on steels/grasses by the overlapping weaks. On the other hand, they have a lot of really good synergy. Less so for being out at the same time, but Azu loves setting up on Ferro checks such as Keldeo, hydreigon, Heatran, while Ferro just casually longdicks Kangaskhan, Thundurus, and Rain/Latios. Basically, they compliment each other really well, the sharp contrast comes in that Ferro is a passive fucker while Azu wants offensive partners. So, while you shouldn't have them out at the same time, having them on the same team leads to interesting interactions and playstyle.

For teambuilding process I went something like this

I start with Ferro, Azu, and Gengar. Gengar started as a meme to allow for explosion spam but I think it works pretty neatly in beating Latios and being a fast mofo that traps stuff in. Rather undecided on Gengar but I like it so far, and Char y / Diancie don't synergize well with Azu so those are kind of off the table. If I was going to use Kang I would just use Jirachi. From here, I added Blaziken. I had a version of the team with Talonflame that I liked (completed by LandoT Thundurus genies) but felt like a different composition could do better. For this reason I added Blaziken to see how the better Heatran/Kang matchups worked out. I'm liking Blaze a lot so far.

From here, I wanted zapdos both as a form of speed control but also another status spreader (to an extent) to help out Gengar. Hex Gengar is pretty cool (nets kos such as aegis) and Static Zapdos is neato, so yeah. Plus talonflame checks are always good and tailwind + Blaziken really helps it get going.

Kyube was kind of a slap-on. Deo and I built a Gengar-Mega + Ferro + Kyube team that we both kind of never finished, so I thought Kyube could work well here as both something that enjoys Azumarill's prescence while also softchecking Lando.

Overall, idt the team is really perfect or that great (talonflame checks donde) but I like the sets and I think it's an interesting twist on conventional Azu + Redirector + Fake Out squads.

sforz

[22:14] sforz: i love memes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 84 Def / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Hy getting myself into the tier more. Usually end up just copying teams / cores so not really experienced with teambuilding, I'd love some critique. Here goes nothing.

Some standard ferrothorn, because I have to use a ferrothorn. I really wanted to put SR on it because it whittles its own checks. But not sure what attack to get rid of. Ferro is my primary rain check, but at the same time, I would love to hit opposing Dragons like Kyub for more damage, which I have very little answers to aside from Gardevoir.

Scarf Rotom answers Heatran very well which is a Fire that doesn't take half health from SR, Ferro's worst nightmare. Along with T-flame it appreciates the chip dmg so it can OHKO a few stuff. Landorus-T because it's Lando-T. Bulky Hydreigon compared to other dragons better matchup vs TR, vs Aegislash, etc. All of these Pokemon threaten common Steel-types with super effective STAB moves and resistances to common attacks.

Mega-Garde likes Fire-types whittled. OHKOs most standard Zard-Y with Psyshock after SR which is cute. Substitute because I'm kinda Amoonguss weak. Ferro and M-Garde don't really synergize that well, losing to similar stuff, (T-Flame, M-Meta, Heatran, Aegislash) but because the remaining 4 Pokemon deal with all of them Fires and Steels pretty well, I felt OK with this. It also patches up my dragon weakness as I'm weak to Salamence and Kyubey, even with the Garde here.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion

Ferro is weak to Fire types? PURGE THEM IN MORE FIRE

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roar

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

So instead of building around Protecting Ferro from the fire, let's bring the fire to Ferro and have it help vs rain on a Sun team. Scarf Heatran is a meme and when seasonals are comprised of 3 best of one's why not. Taunt Keld and Roar Zapdos as TR "answers" (again, best of one is best of fun). HP Ground on Zard probly doesn't need to be there but like fuck Heatran.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Volcarona stuff

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

This is a Diancie+Volc team I made which has Ferrothorn of course. The Volcarona and Diancie sets are standard and the two work well together. I'm running 3 attack Thundurus because its a cash set and I felt I need another Diancie check other than Ferrothorn and Hidden Power Ice was needed to help with Landorus-T. The Keldeo set is standard and it helps vs Kangaskhan and Landorus-T. Ferrothorn improves the rain matchup and can funcion well under Trick Room. Hydreigon gives the team another ground immunity and helps with opposing water-types and Aegislash.

Matame

New Rules
Hehe ferro rain didn't see that one coming

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Sub ferrothorn is a fun set to play around with (s/o Stax ) that can really mess your opponent up, coupled with rain to neuter ferro's most crippling weaknesses and the things it struggles most to beat. Opted for specs politoed since it just nukes shit and has an insane damage output on everything. Kingdra set is pretty basic aside from hp fire, cause nobody likes opposing ferrothorn. Talon is there to nuke grass types which give this team a hella hard time. Goth to trap and punish bad leads and also stab psychic deals nifty damage to some relevant grasses like venu and amoong.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
It's time bois, y'all know the drill. To vote, just post the name of the guy who built the team you're voting for!

Lolk
SocialSocialSocial
Derivatives
n10sit
checkmater75
sforz
SamVGC
Mishimono
Lana Del Seldo

Deadline of voting is on Sunday, GMT Noon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)