Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team comments:
Lolk, I like the idea of running Victini on rain as a straight up Sun counter and I guess it does really well, but running Swift Swim + Trick Room seems a bit counterinituitive. The team looks pretty fun though but honestly I'd just do something different, having two Swift Swimmers and Trick Room seems a bit awkward.

Social, you know what I think of the team, but apparently it gets wins :D
In cases like this I would probably use Encore Politoed over Ice Beam, and Tailwind on Talonflame over Taunt. Tailwind really helps Mega Diancie a lot and Politoed seems like a better Pokemon to check Trick Room because its significantly bulkier and you cuck Lando anyway because you're rain, and you cuck Hydrei with Kingdra. I also think Thundurus-Therian is fuckin lame and even regular Thundurus could be better. I also saw you used this team in Seasonals and Ferrothorn didn't have Power Whip. I'm glad you've changed that. The team honestly looks pretty okay (I really like HH Toed with Diancie and Kingdra) but I would just use regular Thundurus so you do better versus Kanga.

Derivatives, Mega Pidgeot sucks dick, you might as well just use Talonflame as it hits harder, has priority, is faster, has better utility options and doesn't benefit your opponents Landorus-Therian with No Guard. Such an offensive Ferrothorn seems a bit weird too, you could probably opt out for Lum Berry on Ferro in this case because if you get burned Ferrothorn is basically out of the game anyway. Putting Hariyama on this team looks weird, you might as well just use Scrafty over this and if you're afraid of being Gardevoir weak just add a Kangaskhan. I am really not a big fan of the team, also what the FUCK is this washtom spread

n10sit, this team is definitely lowkey sick. I'd probably just use 252 Deoxys-A but I guess it isn't too big of a deal because people don't use Deo-A as often. I'd probably just use Scarf on either Kyube or Washtom here, You don't do great vs Landorus-Therian, so I'd consider a scarf on either of these pretty good. Stone Edge and Diamond Storm seems a bit excessive but whatever you can't ever have enough Char-Y checks I think, I'd just prefer running HP Ice but I don't even use Blaziken often. I also really like what Ferrothorn adds into the team here, being able to chip opponents with Leech Seed + Stealth Rock is cool, and Diancie does a really good job at getting rid of Fires, but Maranga seems a bit weird, I'd just use Occa or Rocky Helmet probably. I'd probably use Scarf Washtom, just to ensure you beat Fires and Land.

checkmater, i really liked your spl team dump :D
I just don't really know what Ferrothorn adds in this team. I would just use Jirachi or Amoonguss so Belly Drum gets easier to set up. Hex Wisp Gengar seems like a fun thing to try out and Zapdos is pretty fun I guess. Though again I don't like the Lando matchup too much, as it forces you to either have Azu set up or catch it on a switch Wisp. So I'd just use HP Ice over Knock Off on chicken or use Scarf Kyube again

sfor, this team looks pretty good for a beginner team. I like the idea of having Stealth Rock Ferrothorn, because you're fairly Sun weak. Even though Talonflame Lando is supposed to cuck Sun, I don't think LO Landorus does a good job at it. I like the idea of HP Ice to improve your matchup but I think Choice Scarf (with HP Ice over Supoerpower) is a better idea, and if you do that I don't see why you'd use Scarf Washtom and I would replace it with Keldeo or something. Sub Garde is cute, and its a pretty good set. Lastly, I would use something like Earth Power or Fire Blast or idk over it, just seems a bit stronger. You could also use Hoopa-Unbound or even Salamence which would both be cool additions in order to rip open balance teams

Sam, I don't really know how I feel about Ferrothorn on your team. It looks a bit awkward but I think if can fit on your team considering you have Heatran? Anyway, I would probably use bulky Char-Y to have an easier team beating Kangaskhan. I also don't see why you would use HP Ground as both Landorus-Therian and Keldeo deal with it easily, so Overheat is a more sensible move in this case. I also don't think Roar Zapdos is good and maybe I would just use something to reliably beat Diancie and rain so I think offensive thundurus would be better than zapdos (also your zapdos is pressure and i'd prefer to use static). ScarfTran is interesting, maybe use Eruption over Overheat but I guess you could do anything with it. OH and Keld is pretty good, Taunt is nice at trying to cuck trick room.

ahh Mishi with a beautiful standard Diancie Volcarona team. This team looks nice aesthatically which is crucial to building teams. On Volcarona I'd probably use Fire Blast over Heat Wave so you can deal with Landorus-T easier. that seems to be the main drawback of your team honestly, the lando matchup is a bit awkward but if ur real u just run hp ice on ferro lol. (scarf hydrei is probably better)

lana
why is this team so aids
the main problem i have with your team is the fact that this politoed just FUCKS up ur entire team composition and the entire reason I love diancie kingdra rain is that politoed does so well at supporting them with Helping Hand and encore to cuck up trick room and now ur just like "ok my politoed hits harder than kingdra + diancie" and thats not a good thing, also why is this politoed surf if u want a 100% move on specs toed just use scald wtf surf just kills ur own mons? also hp fire kingdra is interesting but it does -1 in rain anyway and if you're gonna run the GOOD politoed you should use rain dance
sub ferro + goth is okay apart from the fact that goth can die in a hole
talonflame is good

My personal winner is n10sit which has a both aesthatically pleasing team but also just a team that makes use of Ferrothorn in a good way (which was this week's challenge, where a lot of other teams had Ferrothorn on their team for the sake of having Ferrothorn), as well as making use of interesting Pokemons such as Deoxys-Attack.

However, a very close second is Mishimono, as Mishi also had an aesthatically pleasing team and the team looks very solid overall. However sadly I think the Landorus-Therian matchup is very crippling, but I think you also made a good use of Ferrothorn, utilizing its great typing.

So that rounds it up, I hope you guys can do something with my critiscism, I'm trying to improve personally as well ^_^

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a good lead, n10sit takes the week!

This week:

Rhydon - This guy right here is a ridiculously bulky mon. It can take any physical attack with ease while also being able to provide support with Lightning Rod, redirecting any Electric-type move, including Thunder Wave, away from its partner. It's a bit vulnerable to special attacks though and it has easily exploitable weaknesses to Water and Grass.

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on next Friday, noon GMT+1.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
THIS IS MY FIRST TEAM EVER (ft. Hashtag)

blaze kek 420 (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

afropony (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

kush police (Venusaur) (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

i drill ur mom (Rhydon) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

satan 666 (Sableye) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 196 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quash
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl

'murica bird (Braviary) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Tailwind
- Protect

god i hate this team

its a fairly generic sun team with a bulky charizard-y which is obviously the powerhouse of the team

SCALD KELDEO IN SUN

wide lens venusaur is disgusting

highly intelligent nickname (i drill ur mom) on rhydon
that spread looks godawful btw

sableye sucks huge dong even on this team even though quash + fake out is pretty cool

BRAVIARY
hashies said that talonflame + charizard-y is bad and when i said why he said it just is (it is)
i have no idea why we decided to use fucking BRAVIARY over literally any other flying type such as staraptor but ok

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 134 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Follow Me
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Hoopa (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gourgeist-Super @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the second CharY TR team I built. Started with the core of CharY + Hitmontop + Rhydon
CharY is maxed out with SpA so Overheat in the sun is OHKOing everyting on its first use, Heatwave is the primary attacker though.
So Hitmontop + Rhydon are the primary supports. Both beat Heatran, Hitmontop can Wide Guard Rockslides and Rhydon can Ice Punch LandoT, and lightning rod support obviously.
CharY and Hoopa are frail in Defense which Hitmontop patches up with intimidate. And offers Fake Out support for my TR setters to get TR up. Sucker Punch on Hitmontop is an unpopular option, sometimes I run feint but I have hoopa breaking protects and suckerpunch as been clutch for me in the past so I will stick with it.
Goggles Jirachi is a life saver for a TR team when you come across amoonguss. Jirachi is so bulky and Follow me is just so helpful with HoopaU and CHarY hyper offense. It should be a more popular setter.
I have been using TR hoopaU which people have told me is bad in the past; now kylecole says its good and I get no more shit for it. Stop dick riding people. Anyways... Yeah its super good and I run goggles because its not frail vs special attackers to warrant a sash imo. Also goggles lets me just ignore rage powder and Hypersapce Furry what ever I want. So Amoonguss just sits there doing nothing and I Hyperspece Hole when I am done killing the 5 other mons.
Gourgeist-Super is my water resist and like I said before Hoopa and CharY lack defense so will-o-wisp helps with that. People forget ghost resist bug so its neutral vs lando uturn which is a plus for a TR setter. Synthesis in the sun adds this guys awesome bulk

Matame

New Rules
(Insert witty team name here)

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 184 HP / 200 Atk / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Belly Drum

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Righty so i started with rhydon talonflame and azumaril since that seemed really cool. Talon helps nuke any grasses that pose a large threat while rhydon prevents electric stab from destroying azu while also preventing twave spam which nobody likes. Added amoonguss for added support to hlep azu set up while also completing it's FWB core which is nice. Added Metagross as a mega for more offensive pressure and another way to nuke things that azu has trouble sweeping. Added kube as the last mon since lando matchup was iffy and typing wise synergised well with the rest of the team. Ended up opting for will o on talon to suppress physical attackers like kang which can give this team a hard time

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 220 HP / 156 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

People only use Zard Y with Rhydon right? Haha XDDDD Zard X
Basically hard set up, go big or go home. Pretty fun team to use, set up with Azu/Zard, Transform with Mew, redirect with Amoonguss and protect yourself from Thundurus with Rhydon. Aegi w Wide Guard for Landorus-T, same with having Ice Punch on Rhydon. Icy Wind Mew can slow down Lando as well and chunk it for some ok-ish damage. Not for people who don't like to play recklessly and make hard reads.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Rhydon (F) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Protect

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I honest to god forget my entire teambuilding process, I built this like a month ago. Don't lynch me please ;__; All I can remember is that I wanted to try CM Cune + Rhydon support, I think Latios to deal with opposing sun, sun of my own for offense, tr answer, and good synergy /w don, and sylveon to patch up a lot of stuff and to abuse tailwind.

~~INCARNATE~~

Gengar-Mega (F) @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gyarados (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Sleep Talk

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Drill Run
- Protect

Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Talonflame (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Like srsly Rhyperior is way stronger, mates -.-

Anyway, Rhydon is an amazing Pokemon that definitely breaks the crap out of your standard birds and prevents your almighty yellow magic, which means you could nicely pair it with a core or something that hates yellow magic/yellow jolts. I chose CB Gyarados and Mega Gengar because they can take away lives almost every time. From my original Energy Ball I reverted back to Sludge Bomb because we already have mushrooms to deal with bulky waters. CB Gyarados has Sleep Talk to render random sleeping shenanigans useless. Next came Amoonguss because I need some sleep going on and the team hates bunnies so much. Talonflame came soon enough because I have to make Rhydon somewhat useful by fighting under Tailwind. I also don't like confronting mushrooms for a very long period of time. Finally, we have Cobalion because we need another fast fairy check and fast Kanga killer. I chose Stone Edge for another Zard-Y check.

Team's kinda Bisharp weak so you have to rely on Cobalion for that. Also, avoid washtom.

EDIT: Sleep Talk > another Ice Fang slot thanks Matame for noticing
EDIT: I changed the team a bit.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Mega Gengar team

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gyarados @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

I don't really like Rhydon that much so I just put somethng really stupid together. I thought Rhydon would be a nice partner for Gyarados to help setup Dragon Dances. I added Mega-Gengar as he could trap some of Gyarados' threats. Talonflame was added to help with steel and fighting types and also provide some speed control. Ferrothron greatly improved the rain matchup so I added it. Lastly Hydreigon helped with opposing Aegislash and Trick Room.

sforz

[22:14] sforz: i love memes

Gyarados @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

I dislike rhydon. Rhydon has poor matchup vs so many common stuff. Only decent matchups are Talonflame and Thundurus which it beats, and Kanga, Diancie, and Heatran which it can take a few hits from (but get hit by coverage, or can't do damage to Kanga as it power up punches, etc.) I decided to focus on the fact that Thundurus and Talonflame do quite similar things, in acting as emergency checks to things that are too fast and have gone out of control. Stealth Rocks not only let Rhydon take out Talonflame 1v1, but take it out of the whole picture very quickly. Volcarona was chosen as my primary win condition I will be working towards. After SR, I OHKO Landorus-T with +1 Heat Wave, too. Jirachi was added because I'm working towards a win condition and Jirachi is just best support in the entire game anyways so why not, it also gives me a sleep switch-in.

My Rain and Sun matchups are looking quite awful, and I still have yet to choose my mega. After some consideration i chose Gengar-Mega which works well with the whole working towards a wincon idea. It also covers Trick Room quite strongly alongside Jirachi, which is great because I'm trying to win with a speed boosting sweeper. Virizion was added alongside Gengar-Mega, because it checks rain with some neat resists and OHKOs charizard despite being a Grass-type. It also has some neat matchups so it can take advantage of Shadow Tag support. I still didn't have a EQ immunity which is Quite Bad, and still wanted more Water and Fire resists. Gyarados provided all that + intimidate which I haven't got yet, and completes the fwg core. It also takes advantage of all the team support i have going for setting up for a specific wincon. After all, it's probably bad putting my eggs in one basket of just Volcarona.

Sets are standard sets i got from searching analyses.

Last edited:
RHYDON RAIN
Original idea not stolen from Haruno whatsoever™

Rhy u gotta be so rude (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Superpower
- Protect

Monotoed (Politoed) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Friendly Neighborhood (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Protect

NotSoFriendly (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heina (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Shrop (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Don't tell me you don't remember Haruno's mexican team. Rhydon rain is the SHIT because one of rain's biggest weaknesses is to Thundurus and Rhydon smashes Thundy JUST BY SWITCHING. Av Ludi sucks ass and nothing needs set up so Life Orb 3 attacks, Poli is Sitrus instead of Damp Rock so I don't always have the rain up (see: salamence ohkoing various steels with Fire Blast.) I chose Salamence because everyone's using it and it looks cool so my chances of winning the comp goes up. Jirachi's there for the likes of Amoonguss and Venusaur, while Diansy is there a. We need megas on every team (that's where Haruno got it wrong) and b. It would *please* stratos it beats sun
Edit: Jirachi is named shrop because it looks privileged

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

sweet fuck this team is good and i'm good

I start with looking at the teams that have already been submitted and deciding that I want to do something different. I add Rhydon to the team, since it's the mon of the week. I'm a huge fan of Rhydon btw. This is the analysis set, shoutout thetalkingtree. Next up I add Sub Shuca Berry Trick Room Victini, because of what this Pokemon does specifically that no other Pokemon can do:

V-Create: hit hard.
Sub: I hit 263 Speed EVs so I can sub on Breloom. Outspeed Zard/Other things that hit that speed tier.
Trick Room: Provide Speed control for the team.
Shuca Berry: Don't want the team to be too weak to ground.

Next up, I add Choice Band Gyarados because of how well it synergizes with the other two. This thing is a monster. The spread is a defense dump with Max Attack. This spread underspeeds tailwind Aegislash by 1. The fourth Pokemon is Mega Venusaur. I add this because the teams Rain match-up is currently abysmal. The spread is live Talonflame Brave Bird with the rest in Special Attack. The speed IVs outspeed Mega Diancie in base form under Sun. The 5th Pokemon is Scrafty. I add this because it goes with Victini well and lets me get up Trick Room. This is the Analysis set with Lum Berry. Finally, I add Scarf Genesect. This helps with the matchup against Diancie and Dragon types. It also gives me a fast-mode Pokemon.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Victini @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Substitute
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Ice Fang

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 3 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

note that this team destroys chalk: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-352305185

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
i just moved a year up today yay me

On another note, voting time! To vote, just post the name of the guy who made the team you're voting for! The teams are just above this post so yeah, just scroll up!

Meloettaaa
n1n1
Matame
SamVGC
Talenheim
Ray Majore
Mishimono
sforz
ElegyOfVGC
n10sit

Deadline of voting on Sunday GMT noon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)