Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Deoxys speed

My team isn't actually all that good guys... Mega Manectric is just so niche.

I ACTUALLY POSTED THIS ON TIME YAY ME

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in bold the name of the user who created the team you voted for.

Meloetta<3
n10sit
Silverwhiteblue
pastelgameboy
KyleCole
3RROR404
TheTrebol
deoxys speed
Bughouse

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT

note: voting for yourself is not ok
mfw team isn't good enough to make the list :/

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a total of 7 points, shrop05 takes the week! He'll have his team in the HoF post at the first page. He'll also have his vote count double in future rounds.

mfw this actually lasted a month, so congrats to us lol! Now, for Week 5, we'll be using: Latios + Heatran

LatiTran. Sporting good synergy offensively and defensively, this core is pretty dank and cool af. Build with these two etc etc

Deadline is on Saturday, Noon GMT

Dress in the wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 80 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Snarl
- Scald
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

latios and heatran are the core of the week, they seem to complement each other quite nicely with good defensive synergy between their typings. Latios has many things that were interesting to run regarding covergae, but i chose ice beam to hit bulky thundurus that lives draco meteor, thus getting an edge over it, and finishing mid health dragons + hitting togekiss. chose this over tbolt as i find psyshock capable to deal with bulky waters, especially rotom. the last slot isnt protect as this already is koed by sucker punch kanga and any draco and lives u turn from lando, so for these kinds of extreems i figured i'd put tailwind that will help the team. standard 252 252 timid because it sitll needs to outspeed threads and tw.
Heatran is the more bulky variant since i have tailwind.

i wanted to complete a fairy-dragon-steel for the reasons that: 1) they synergize well 2) heatran hits almost anything fairies dislike . with that in mind i set to put diancie but having tailwind, and heatran helping and needing fairy moves to fully sweep a feild in tailwind, i wanted a hypervoice user, deciding to go untraditional with mega gardevoir. 108 speed outspeeds jolly 70s after having megaed. it has trace since it helps vs download in case of simultanious switch, flash fire heatran and other cool stuff. hypervoice and psyshock are standard stab. the last spot is very versatile, it can be hp ground or even will-o, but i decided to put taunt because it helped vs cresselia and tr setters, which this team struggles with. This lives shadow ball from aegi, while giving talon a 31.5% chance to ko with brave bird, which can be very helpful since they'll plan the turn expecting a ko.

my next choice was 2/3 of F/W/G with heatran, and an answer to trick room. this is special bulky since my next member is physically bulky, and amoonguss switch in for suicune a suprising amount of time, particularly vs rotom wash, and i didnt want it weared down by that. the rest is standard

3/3 F/W/G core member and second tailwind setter. physically bulky to tank hits from kanga. i removed ice beam for snarl to maintain longevity and make gardevoir's job easier since its frail, and its my reliable tailwind setter.

My last pokemon is the bulky thundurus that like tailwind since it gives it the speed it loses, while being a plan B in speed control since i cant set tailwind reliably all the time with just suicune that can manage to do so with little risk. taunt is for other tailwinds and trickroom, and is generally useful. the rst is classic bulky thundy.

Here is the team performing well against shrop http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-249317121

Last edited:

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
The only non Trick Room team I will ever post on smogon bc I'm rly rly bored and users qsns and iliketrains smell js. Oh yeah it also has mega sceptile

Importable
M109 Howitzer (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Earth Power

V-22 Osprey (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Tailwind

SR-71 Blackbird (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

8V-AB Harrier (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

UH-60 Blackbird (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

F-4 Phantom (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Iron Head

Desc.

I thought I could make a mega secptile team because he looks cool. I will go over every pokemon in an organized manner.

Heatran: Standard sub-tran set, able to give problems to Trick Room and an overall great defensive pokemon (appart of the team challenge after all). I made this set have some extra speed to outspeed Adamant Landorus-t in Tailwind.

Latios: Great Dragon type for revenge killing or doing high damage at high speed with Draco Meteor and its impressive 110 speed. Latios has Tailwind on it to allow Gyarados, Bisharp and Heatran and maybe Terrakion to an extent to outspeed faster opponets and cause some damage. Helpful late game

Sceptile-Mega: I've seen Deoxys Speed Lol use this guy so I'm just going to use him anyways. Mega Sceptile has a very good speed tier. Able to outspeed timid shaymin-sky at modest nature and outspeed adamant scraf Landorus at timid nature. HP Ice obv to take care of those 2 annoying threats (except skymin will have so hp left soo u may need to also use another attack). Sceptile's ability volt absorb makes him pair swell with gyarados who no longer needs to worry about tbolts (albeit a thunderus-i could just hp ice the sceptile tbh).

Terrakion may not be cute like keldeo, but he is better at taking on charizardY and Mega Kangaskhan (if secret sword dose not ohko). I choose terrak bc I didn't want to rely on heatran to defeat Charizard-y who can be tough on this team with the exceptions of latios and gyrados. KEEP TERRAK TIER 1.5!

Gyarados:
[17:46:07]+fangame10:srs though I need a gyarados set :i
[17:46:16]#Stratos:use cb

Gyarados: is a Choice Band sweeper :T, it's pretty strong and it has intimidate to weaken pokemon like kangaskhan and lanorus-t. Gyara additionally works well in Tail wind when set up by latios hitting things hard with its waterfall-flinch prone STAB. Works well with Sceptile-mega too

Bisharp: is useful against Trick Room teams like mine :O. no explanation needed for this nerd of a pokemon....I guess he's good for countering landorus and cresselia too...

fyi I got lazy with the descriptions at the end.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata®
Starfox (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Bowser (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Kirby (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Sheik (Bisharp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Lakitu (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Mother (The Game) (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

TEAMBUILDING
The Latios + Heatran core is cool as heck, and something that I've never heard of before. So I started with those ofc. Since I had Steel and Dragon, I decided to add an offensive Fairy, since I really like Dragon/Steel/Fairy cores. I considered Diancie, but since I just built a team with it last week, I went with Azumarill. These three mons have perfect defensive synergy except for Ghost-types. This team also had nothing for CM Cresselia, so I chose Bisharp. This team still had nothing for opposing Trick Room as well as no speed control, and I was stacking Ground-weaks at this point. Thundurus perfectly fulfilled both of these roles. At this point, I had perfect defensive synergy. I also didn't have a mega at this point (which is weird for me, since I almost always start building by picking a mega), so I went with Mega Kangaskhan. Its the most well-rounded mega for sure, and you can never go wrong with slapping it on a team. Plus it gets some great support from Bisharp and Thundurus.

SET DETAILS
Latios' set is standard, but instead of running Tailwind, I'm running Energy Ball. This is because I had literally nothing for Rotom-W. It doesn't get close to an OHKO, but it does a pretty big chunk. I use Flash Cannon Heatran because I like being able to hit Fairies with my Steel-type, and it comes in handy quite a bit. The speed EV's speed-creep Rotom forms and 76 speed Venusaur without the sun up. I then run max special attack, with the remaining EV's dumped into HP. I picked Safety Goggles as a way to counter Amoonguss. Azumarill is the standard Megabus set. 92 speed outspeeds 0 speed Tyranitar. Max attack to ruin lives, and the rest into HP. Bisharp set is really basic, go fast hit hard, and Sash to live for at least one turn. Again, Thundurus is the standard bulky set. It survives a Rock Slide from Adamant Mega TTtar, and a Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios. The rest is in special attack. Lastly, Mega Kang is every Kang ever, no explanation needed imo.

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-249424767
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-250086923
(I also used this team to win against Mizuhime but I won from hacks so)

Last edited:

I started with Latios and Heatran bc it was the required shit. Standard Latios, im not yet a believer in hp ground. Heatran is LO and has overheat because heat wave is terribly weak and doesn't come close to ohkoing anything. Under tailwind it can kill almost all of Latios' counters Aegislash, Jirachi, opposing Heatran, M-Metagross, and M-Diancie. Stone edge is for Talonflame and Zard Y. I don't have ancient power because even with a modest nature, stone edge has a better chance of knocking out Stratos' Charizard spread with 98% minimum and if I miss I can call my opponent "lucky trash" to justify my loss.

Next mon is safety goggles Clefable because I have nothing to switch into Hydreigon, I needed something to take spores, and redirection is always nice. It has ice beam because the team was weak to Lando-T, thunder-wave because why outplay your opponent when you can paralyze them? It's unaware because I already have safety goggles so magic guard is redundant. I'm sure if you use this team on the low ladder and run up on some toxic stall you'll be upset that its unaware. Spread lives LO Venusaur sludge bomb, and takes an Adamant double-edge from Kanga. M-Kanga was next because I needed a mega, something to stop sash Bisharp, and something to help against trick room. I wanted it to outspeed Stratos' slower Hydreigon(idk why) which im fairly certain hits 265 speed. I made it max attack Adamant and put the rest into hp. The hp investment actually lets it avoid being 2hkoed by non life orb Aegislash and M-Diancie which is cool.

The next mon was originally Serperior but the team was weak to Skymin and when I thought about it, there is no reason to use it when Skymin is allowed. So that gives me a little bit better of a Skymin matchup. Just standard Skymin, not healing wish or that tailwind garbage. I really needed Serperior/Skymin so I wouldn't lose to the god known as M-Diancie. Last mon is support Gengar, one of my favorite mons to use. Switches into M-Kanga, taunts shit, burns Lando, soft checks Aegislash, I like it :]

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Clefable @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Return

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
random ass sun HO aka These Wings Flap Too Freaking Wide aka This Team Would Be Good If Rock Slide Were Banned

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Tailwind
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Psychic

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Protect

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Wide Guard
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect
Hi everyone it's bughouse here again with another suboptimal "creative" team.

The first thing I thought about when seeing Latios and Heatran was their hatred of Hyper Voice and Earthquake respectively, so I decided I would add a Wide Guard user. I also like the idea of fast tran in Tailwind as it really does beat, or at least trade evenly, with most everything naturally faster than it, except for Keldeo, which Latios covers well. So Latios became Tailwind. I realized I could add a second Tailwind user (screw what the metagame secrets blog says) along with Wide Guard in Aerodactyl (also I needed to try out Aerodactyl since I have to QC check the analysis in progress). Once I saw Aero I thought about Sun as that's the only teamstyle I've ever seen Aero work well on. Char-Y is a natural fit as it boosts Heatran's power and neuters my water weakness. Next, I wanted to add another mon that could threaten rain, besides Char-Y. It initially was an obvious choice of Venusaur, but I shifted to Skymin as I feel it is more consistently threatening to rain teams and allows me to play more recklessly with Char-Y. Venusaur without Sun is relatively useless. Skymin is just good all the time. Meanwhile, with 2 Tailwind users, I didn't think I'd be lacking in opportunities to boost speed. At this point I have 3 flying types and still no rock resist. I decide to take advantage of this and go with a Mold Breaker Excadrill, which under Tailwind slaughters most anything without a Flying type. The lategame combination of Excadrill and Skymin or Excadrill and Char-Y can clean through tons of teams, as it did against Arcticblast in a test match.

I decided what the hey go all out HO and slapped Life Orbs on both Heatran and Excadrill and then realized Latios could provide some neat support. Heal Pulse not only keeps my LO sweepers going and out of priority range, but it can also restore both Skymin's and Aeroactyl's sashes should they take under 50% from whatever hits them (which I have successfully pulled off in test matches).

All in all way too overly aggressive and will require perfect play in bad matchups, but its the sort of team that if your opp doesn't matchup great they'll be scared shitless of the power.

Also it crushed pastelgameboy's team above on the ladder so vote for mine not his :p

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's 7:30 AM and I haven't slept so here's this team. The team itself may not be top class but it does some cool stuff, has an unused mega, and can easily net you some good wins.

So, I started with Latios. I planned on running the typical Latios set, with draco/psyshock/tailwind/tect. But as I started building this team, I thought, "wow, Mega Zard Y bends me over and annihilates me." I know heatran is fire immune, but many Zards are running focus miss or HP ground to counter tran. So I innovated a little here, replacing tailwind with HP rock to snag those pesky sun dragons. An actually serious drawback of HP rock means you will never win speed ties with other base 110s with boosting natures: mega diancie, megagross, etc. So that kind of sucks.

Mons in tiers 1 and 1.5 that this mon is good/not bad against (referred to as #1 from now on):
Amoonguss, Mega Charizard Y, Keldeo, Kyube (depends on matchup), Other Latios (Depends on matchup), Talonflame, Terrakion, Thundurus

Mons in tiers 1 and 1.5 that this mon is bad/not good against (referred to as #2 from now on):
Megagross, Kyube and Latios (Depends on matchups), Jirachi, Hydreigon, Bisharp, Lando T, Mega Kang, Mega Diancie, Aegislash

Any mons not on these lists I consider neutral.

With Heatran, I sort of innovated but not really, as this is a set that's been seen around for a while. I always have at least one mon with taunt on the team, and that role ended up falling on heatran. Also, its EV'd to creep lando t under twind, with max spa and rest in hp.

#1: Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Kang, Bisharp, Jirachi, Megagross

#2: Terrakion, Kyube, Skymin, Rotom-W, Lando-T, Keldeo, Mega Diancie, Mega Zard Y

I decided next to add a bulky water because Boy Do I Love Speed Control™. Cune is amazing in my opinion, sick bulk and a nice move pool. Here I even go balls out and drop protect for Ice Beam, because Fuck Landorus™. The spread is the smogdex spread but with 20 HP EVs put into speed to creep "guess who" under t wind.

#1: Mega Diancie, Lando T, Heatran, Hydreigon, Latios, Talonflame, Terrakion

#2: Thundurus, Megagross (Hope scald burns), Kyube, Skymin, Rotom-W, Keldeo, Amoonguss (He sleeps you)

Breloom is eh but I wanted more offense at this point while also using a disruptive mon and breloom fits that nicely. Just running the standard set here, but I'm adamant because mach punch is priority and most waters are pretty slow.

#1: Mega Diancie, Mega Kang, Keldeo, Rotom-W, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Terrakion

#2: Talonflame, Megagross, Latios, Kyube, Skymin, Lando-T, Cress, Mega Zard Y

Boy Do I Love Speed Control™. Fuck Amoonguss™. This set also creeps lando T lol. Follow me is pretty nice, even though nothing needs it to set up, it can allow me to play with my opponent and over all control the game better.

#1: Amoonguss, Keldeo, Skymin, Hydreigon

#2: Thundurus, Terrakion, Megagross, Kyube, Jirachi, Bisharp, Rotom-W, Lando-T, Mega Diancie, Aegislash

Please believe me when I say mega scizor isn't shit tier. It hits like a truck and not a lot stands in its way after you take down heatran and zard. This is max attack with enough speed to creep skymin under t wind and the rest in hp. It isn't the best of mega's but it hits hard as nuts and helps me deal with cress.

#1: Amoonguss, Cress, Mega Diancie, Mega Kang, Keldeo, Skymin, Hydreigon, Kyube, Latios, Terrakion

#2: Talonflame, Heatran, Rotom-W (burns you), Mega Zard Y

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Protect

Heatran @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Snarl
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 44 HP / 192 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Protect

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Last edited:
"3RROR404 Creative Team Not Found"

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran is the first member of the team since it is part of the core we had to use for this week. The Evs are for a standard fast Heatran with 209\8 speed to creep other Heatran. Because I am not running sub, I chose to use Safety Goggles to not get spored by other Amoonguss under Trick Room. Stealth Rocks is in the first slot because I wanted a way to cripple Talonflame on switch in because Amoonguss and Garde don't want to be hit by priority Brave bird. Rocks are also useful since many people don't expect them or forget to play around them, They help get chip damage for Mega Garde to pick up kills. Heat Wave is standard STAB for Heatran which hits the Steel types that prevent Mega Garde from sweeping. Earth Power is for coverage and to ensure that Heatran is not walled by opposing Heatran. Protect is in the last slot as it is mandatory so you don't die to double targeting or Super Effective attacks etc.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

Latios is the second member of the team and was also required to be used for the competition this week. Latios is using a standard spread with a timid nature to outrun notable threats like Terrakion and Keldeo. Life Orb is used as the item to give Latios more power with its two STAB attacks. Draco Meteor is in the first slot and is used to nuke targets. However, the move has to be used carefully so Latios does not become set up fodder for the opponent. Psyshock is used to hit mons that have higher SpDef then Def. It is also Stab and does not lower Latios' SpA. Tailwind is in the third slot to provide speed control and open up opportunities for Mega Garde to get a sweep. Protect is in the last slot as usual.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss is the third member of the team and provides support with Rage Powder and Spore. Rocky Helmet is the chosen item to help with the Mega Kang match up and to provide support against physical attackers in general. With this item, it is important to abuse Amoonguss' ability to remain healthy throughout the match. Rage Powder provides redirection and helps Latios set up tailwind or Heatran set up rocks. Spore is good in general and is pretty spammed when in trick room. Giga Drain is STAB and makes sure that Amoonguss is not taunt bait. Protect is in the last slot for the usual reasons.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Def / 120 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-Wash rounds out the FWG core and provides support against the dreaded Lando-T match up. The EV Spread provides Wash with enough Special Attack and Speed to both OHKO and creep Adamant Scarf Lando-T under Tailwind. The rest of the Evs were used to provide bulk. Sitrus Berry is its standard item and gives Wash some form of recovery. Hydro Pump is STAB and will OHKO Lando-T. Thunderbolt is also STAB and hits Water types that otherwise wall Wash. Will-oWisp is used to cripple physical attacks and Calm Mind Cress. Protect is in the last slot for obvious reasons.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Gardevoir is my mega and my usual win condition under tailwind, Gardevoir serves as a solid answer to Kyurem black when it is behind a sub. The EV spread is for Garde to creep neutral 70's before Tailwind and has max Special Attack with Modest nature to provide the maxium amount of damage. The rest of the Evs were dumped into HP to provide mixed bulk. The set is pretty straight forward with two STAB moves and Shadow Ball for coverage so Garde is not hard walled by Aegislash. Protect gives Garde a turn to safely mega and avoid double targets.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Aegislash is in the last slot and assists with the Trick Room match up and provides support with Wide Guard. Aegislash is my answer to Mega-Diancie because 80 Speed Evs have it outspeed Mega-Diancie under Tailwind. Aegislash has Max Special attack to hit hard as possible and the rest were dumped into HP for some bulk. Weakness Policy is the chosen item because it deters attackers from hitting it with Super Effective moves. After Weakness Policy boosts, Aegislash can put a nice dent in most teams. The Moves chosen are pretty standard. Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are its usual STAB. Wide Guard protects against spread moves and King's Shield is in the last slot for both mind games and a protect.

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Def / 120 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

I had this team lying around, so I decided I'd put it up:

So I started this team by building around mega gardevoir, because at the time it was the trendy mega, and it was actually good, unlike aerodactyl, which is dumb. I added on darkrai to beat mega metagross, and aegislash. I was considering bisharp or hydreigon in this slot, but i wanted the speed, as I didnt really have anything fast on the team. Also, disable is an amazing move. tbh, I don't really remember much more, because i made this team a while ago. You guys might notice i have goggles latios instead of the more standard goggles heatran. That's cuz sub heatran is the best heatran, and the more unexpected the goggles user is, the more effective it is.

Mega Waifu (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Ally Switch
- Protect

slendermon (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Disable
- Protect

wooshy washy (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 88 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

steel beams (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

is cat or doge? (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

jet fuel (Latios) @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
For the first time in a while, I finally got the time to make a team for this lol.
#bringbackDragonGem

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

The first part of the core is Latios. I decided to run the standard set with Tailwind, as this allows Latios and Heatran to outspeed threats such as Skymin and Scarfed Lando-T. EVs maximize offensive presence, while IVs minimize Foul Play/Confusion damage and LO recoil. Latios pairs well with Heatran as it can outspeed and OHKO opposing Keldeo with Psyshock. Draco Meteor also OHKOes Kyu-B, another large threat to Heatran.

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

The second part of the core is Heatran. Standard sub Heatran is ran, as this allows Heatran to perform better against TR teams, and allow it to setup on mons that can't touch it such as Amoonguss; allowing Heatran to live a normally fatal attack later on such as Hydro Pump or Earthquake. Sub also works well if the opponent double Protects attempting to stall out Tailwind turns. Goggles is used so that Heatran can switch more freely into Amoonguss, although Lefties may be better to give passive recovery to assist in stalling out opponents and getting back to full after using Substitute.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Amoonguss was added to build on a FWG core, and to help against TR. Standard Amoonguss set and EVs, with Sitrus Berry for great longevity in combination with Regenerator. Rage Powder helps Latios dodge any Sucker Punches flying about, and Spore is always nice for a team to have. Rage Powder also helps a few of the team members against Rotom-W and Keldeo, which can be threatening. Currently I am running absolute min speed on this to help against TR, but I am not sure if I should run more speed (by nature and IVs, of course) to outspeed Aegislash under Tailwind to get a Spore of before it Subs.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Keldeo completes FWG core, and also checks Kyu-B and Kang for the other members. Taunt is used to prevent TR going up, and to force Aegislash, a threat to the team, to stay in its frailer form. Taunt can also be used on opposing Amoonguss if it is threatening. If you wanna be real, you can also Taunt Cress as it goes for CM. I felt the team didn't need Quick Guard as with Lando-T and Heatran the team already handles Talonflame pretty well, and Rage Powder deals with Sucker Punches. Scald over Hydro for the accuracy (and to a lesser extent the 50% Burn chance - yes this is an exaggeration).

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Without a Mega, you can never go wrong with adding Kang (unless of course you have a full mono Normal-type team, but then you have a different problem completely). Kang provides bulky (ish) Fake Out support, and helps against the very threatening Skymin. Kang also appreciates Tailwind so that it doesn't need to rely on the weaker than STAB Sucker Punch to hit faster mons such as Lando-T or Keldeo. Double Edge over Return for higher damage output, despite the recoil. Seismic Toss allows consistent damage, even when Intimidated, which is useful for wearing down mons such Lando-T early game to help yourself later on, or if you need definite damage on something without worrying over a possible switch (particularly to an Intimidate user).

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Finally, we have Assault Vest Lando-T. Due to the team having tailwind I felt a bulkier Lando would suit the team better. Originally I tried Yache Berry, but s/o to 3RROR404 for the spread and item, allowing it live a multitude of hits (can't really remember what exactly, though, other than +1 Adamant LO Sucker from Bisharp). Stone Edge gets around Wide Guard and KOs threats such as Charizard-Y, since Rock Slide is a deal weaker with this bulky spread. Knock Off provides great utility, in being able to get rid of opposing items such as Safety Goggles, Sitrus Berry, or Choice Scarf.

EDIT: As said by 3RROR404 below, this spread also lives two Brave Birds from Talonflame or a Keldeo Hydro Pump from full.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Yoda, it lives 2 Brave Birds and Keldeo Hydro Pump among other things. I can't remember all the hits I had that tank, but those are other notable ones.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
zoomzoomzzom

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in bold the name of the user who created the team you voted for.

Silverwhiteblue
Fangame10
pastelgambeoy
deoxys speed
Bughouse
n10sit
3RROR404
megacyber
Yoda2798

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT

note: voting for yourself is not ok

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I really wanted to vote for Fangame based solely on the fact he didn't make a trick room team.

But I think the best team overall this round was 3RROR404

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)