DOU Effective Cores

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers, Life Orb or Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe || 148 Atk / 252 SpA / 108 Spe || 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature || Hasty Nature

- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute || Fusion Bolt / Draco Meteor
- Protect || Iron Head

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Fake Out / Encore
- Protect

This is an offensively destructive core which I happened to find one time by battling someone via ladder where the guy nearly 6-0's my Venusaur team with this core alone. It has strong offensive capabilities that can ruin down any team provided it performs under the right conditions. Kyurem-Black and Infernape are capable of wittling down many teams because of their offensive attributes, with Infernape shutting down Heatran and Kangaskhan. Kyurem, on the other hand, checks most bulky waters with ease and can act as a strong win condition in any game. While its Substitute set does less to support ape, it has more coverage with either the Life Orb or Choice Scarf set. It has Fusion Bolt to get rid of birds and Azumarill to stop their dilemma. On the other hand, Infernape can easily set a Fake Out on something, allowing Kyub to wreck house early.

Whatever set you are trying to use, it's recommended that you pair the duo with Jirachi because of: speed control, redirection and countering Diancie, which checks the core hard. Rotom-Wash and Suicune are good partners to this as well to stop Lando-T from ruining them (Kyub doesn't like taking a Rock Slide).

I made a team with this btw :]

Last edited:

I don't think I've posted here, but this is currently my favorite core (outside of Shiftry Ninetales of course [permission to post?])

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Will-o-Wisp
- Protect

This core is pretty simple, really. One of the best dubs leads + a mega it supports really really well. The idea is to alter the state of the game into your Diancie's favor. Gengar can Icy Wind faster threats (notably Scarf Landorus) and reliably Taunt Tailwind and Trick Room users, which is important seeing as to how Diancie is so weak to opposing speed control. Will-o is for Kangaskhan and other physical attackers, while Shadow Ball is preffered over Sludge Bomb so you can double into some Ghosts and Sash Bisharp, nothing Sludge Bomb really accomplishes (you can just will-o Kang, Shadow Ball + phys Diancie ohkos most fairies that would potentially threaten the core.) If you need Sludge Bomb, run it over Will-O imo.

Last edited:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Encore

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Protect

So I was trying non Keldeo water type partners for diancie and I've been really liking azumarill. Infernape then really completes the core, providing some much needed fake out support plus its great dual stabs. Why you should this core over the more standard keldeo and talonflame is that this core provides a lot of what they do, in that you can ohko kang, get strong priority, get a much needed fire type to pair with diancie, get a solid lando check, etc, while also providing diancie with some other benefits. Namely that you get a solid diancie check of your own, fake out to mitigate the poor speed of diancie the turn you mega evolve, which is quite important should you lead diancie infernape (which you will a lot), a more reliable aegi check than talon, plus a really strong win condition in azumarill. These three synergize really well with both redirectors, so you should add one of them next.

I really only ever see people partner azu with kang as the mega for kang's fake out, but i feel like this combo allows you create a fully functional diancie team while still giving azu the support it needs to consistently set up, which allows you options in how you want to try and set up for the win.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Def / 144 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

P basic core actually, Volcanion checks the Steels that Gardevoir can't hit and Gardevoir checks the Dragons that annoy Volcanion. The Gardevoir spread is from Kyle's post in the EV Spread Compendium, and I decided to run max Speed Volcanion to get the jump on neutral natured base 70s (namely Bisharp and opposing Volcanion). Basically just spread spam your opponents into oblivion.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 100 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

So rotom has been a strangely effective pick for a sun team. It provides you with the all important talonflame switch as well as also being able to beat diancie and heatran, making it great against the three biggest sun checks in the game. Thunderbolt is a nice, generally spammable move when sun is up. It also synergizes with standard sun mons like lando and venusaur, providing an ice switch, completing the fwg core, easing the burden on lando having to switch in on stuff, such as the aforementioned talonflame, helping lando stay alive a lot longer, providing venu with some speed control should sun not be up, etc. Obviously will o wisp is an option if you'd rather. The fire resist is really nice, as well as the lack of flying weakness, which are the reasons to use it over zapdos or thundurus.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard / Taunt / Stone Edge
- Protect

Offensive Core: Hydreigon + Terrakion

Hydreigon is absolutely insane atm because of its ability to rip through the balance teams running rampant with Volcanion's release. The most common "dragon checks" are Aegislash and Jirachi which this eats for breakfast. Also switches into Volcanion itself!!! I prefer Roost Hydrei in this meta to repeatedly switch into Volcanion and I've never found the extra coverage necessary, especially with a Fighting-type for Ferrothorn. Feel free to make the set/spread more offensive though.

Terrak deals with Mega Kangaskhan, Scrafty and Ferrothorn which all annoy Hydreigon and can rampage through weakened teams, especially with a partner like Hydreigon to pressure Aegislash. Many different options for the Terrak set, should be noted that Life Orb Stone Edge OHKOs almost all Volcanion and Lum Stone Edge easily deals with Thundurus in one hit without getting TWaved.

Core is obviously hella weak to Fairies, Diancie in particular, so pair it up with a Steel like Aegislash or Ferrothorn. Also opposing fast Fighting-types are a pain in the ass if they win the tie/are Mega Lucario.

edit: if you want teams w/ this core i got 3 hmu on ps

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Since Close Combat does this: 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Diancie: 201-237 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, Iron Head would be pretty silly as far as coverage goes. Especially since it doesn't even hit Azumarill supereffectively.

I know it's possible that you were joking, but I just wanted to make sure that no one does that.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Overheat/Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect

Nice Trick room core. Volcanion hits everyting besides dragons and waters hard, who abomasnow happens to massacre. TR volcanion already wants to run goggles to let it reliably deal with amoongus. If you run overheat you can also reliably deal with aegislash, and even if you run earth power you can still get around it usually. This gives you two amoongus checks and 1 aegi check, two primary trick room checks for faster teams. Volc and snow have the muscle to plow through practically anything given their spread moves and respective nukes. The FWG core aspect gives you a lot of defensive value and synergy too. Brave > Quiet on abomasnow. Wood hammer can ohko suicune, something even life orb thundy t bolt cant do, just to give you an idea of how strong wood hammer is.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I have two core for yall. 1 basic af and 1 rare af

If you take a look at recent usage stats you see that lando, kang, volcanion, aegislash, jirachi, amoonguss, talonflame, and mega gard are really high up on that list.
This core has a great or at least decent match up vs all those guys. Its simply a good hyper offensive core that lets you disrupt your opponent from getting in a good position by having Gengar as a Fake out immune and as a Taunt user. Obviously it forces most physical attackers out as Lando puts them at minus 1 and Gengar threatens with Wisp. Having that Fast U-Turn also lets you move into good positioning. And this core has good coverage and sheer offensive power and speed

importable
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Volcanion @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Starting with Sceptile it runs enough speed to out run a max speed jolly weavile so I can be modest to get some crucial OHKOs and max my damage. Running HP ground for coverage. Sceptile suffers big time to Talonflame, Faeries, Steels, and Mons that would run HP ice. Running Scarf Ttar lets me outspeed the threats and have 4 attacks.
Iron Head Ttar gives me 50% chance to OHKO fast mega Gard. 100% OHKO after sand damage. And survives a Hyper Voice with at least 20hp.
Rock Slide is to deal with Talon, who does nothing to Ttar. and To take out guys like Thundy and Zapados who would like to HP ice sceptile.
Low Kick is for doesnt OHKO kang but does enough for double targeting to kill it and I can survive PuP. Low Kick also for Hydreigons, and Heatrans
Crunch obviously strongest stab for Jirachi, Aegi, and Gengar
Volcanion is the top Steel check and Grass check. Running Sludge Bomb for a second Faerie counter. Sceptile supports him nicely with lightening rod
You can run Shuca on here to deal with the landos and return the hit with steam eruption.

Finish off this core with 2 solid ways to beat Lando. I used a Second choice scarf guy with HP ice. Also have ways to deal with fighting types who can give this core problems.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Icy Wind / Disable

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

When working with Mega Gengar, Hydreigon can eliminate its partner's threats, especially Aegislash and Bisharp. In addition, it punishes TR users and those annoying hax-causing mons, giving the the core and the overall team a better stand in the metagame. Likewise, Mega Gengar eliminates Fairy types with ease, thus allowing Hydreigon to finish its job. Will-O-Wisp / Disable is used for obvious reasons, but I personally use it to eliminate Sucker Punch users (MKang and Bisharp) asap. No need to explain Taunt. And Icy Wind ain't that bad; it gives a chance to eliminate faster Dragon types, etc.
They are also good for switching in for each other. Since Mega Gengar is vulnerable to Ground, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark type moves, Hydreigon can act as its pivot. At the same time, Hydreigon, which is vulnerable to Fighting and occasional Bug type moves, can allow Mega Gengar to sub in, but I don't recommend doing that with its other weaknesses. Thus, this core is excellent for preventing foes from setting up or attempting to gain an advantage.

Last edited:

This core works well because Volcanion provides the hot tub, which allows for relaxation and reduces stress, and Leavanny sews you a speedo out of leaves so you look good and keep covered.

This core combines both pleasure and hard work. Vanilluxe is important because ice cream makes you happy enough to not hit your children after a long day at work. Machamp is the crux of this core because its beautiful muscles motivate you to hit the gym and look good.

This core is very important to the Doubles metagame because Arceus teaches players about the glories of God. Bastiodon acts as a great partner because it acts as a wall to keep the non-believers from running away from Arceus' message.

I challenge anyone to match these strats.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Protect
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power Ice/Swagger
-Taunt
This core works really well against trick room leads slightly especially if you have an anti-trick room pivot such as ferrothorn. Almost perfect type resistances (bar fire) works really well. Additionally, having bisharp on your team dissuades lando-T leads and thundurus just does what thundurus does, paralyzes shit. Swagger is for the lols and taunt really helps against trick room mons that run goggles or something else instead of mental. Another thing is bisharp has supereffective coverage on every trick room setter that is legal bar porygon. Oh yeah, and taunt can be used on tran too for the antisub.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick / Power-Up Punch

Volcarona @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Atk / 16 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Facade
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 124 Def / 192 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rage Powder
- Tailwind
- Overheat
- Protect

EDIT: After careful consideration, I realized that the non-joke sets version of this core is also quite potent. Mega Kangaskhan provides Fake Out support to help Volcarona set up, can carry Low Kick to take on Heatran, and generally chunks the opposing team for lots of damage to allow for a Volcarona clean late-game. Volcarona, in turn, takes on Amoonguss and Jirachi, and with Giga Drain is able to beat Keldeo and Mega Diancie if it gets to +1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came up with this core after seeing someone use Facade Kang and intentionally PuP an opposing Volcarona to get the burn, figured it would be nice to have it always accessible. Basically the idea is you side-PuP your own Volcarona as they double Protect fearing the Fake Out. Next turn you either hit them with boosted Facades or Protect with Kang and set up Tailwind. Bulky Protect Kang makes it easier to keep your sweep alive, RP Volc redirects Fighting-type moves, which is great because RP Volc is super rare so even Fighting-types like Terrak and Keldeo that can OHKO Volc probably won't go for their secondary STAB. Tailwind support is also obviously super helpful to Kang, and this EV Spread guarantees that Volcarona can OHKO Amoonguss and Aegislash, two of Kang's biggest obstacles. Obviously pair this with something that can beat Lando-T (I opted for Milotic) and multiple Keldeo and Mega Diancie answers. Additional Fake Out users outside of this can be really helpful since Kang doesn't have it.

+2 252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 80 HP / 16 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 313-370 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 312-368 (84 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

216+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Thundurus: 388-459 (107.4 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO - getting paralyzed can be a good thing :]
+2 216+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Facade (140 BP) vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 339-400 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 216+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 454-535 (102.2 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 84 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 280-331 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
192+ SpA Volcarona Overheat vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Amoonguss: 458-540 (106 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
192+ SpA Volcarona Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 324-384 (100 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 84 HP / 124 Def Volcarona: 343-405 (103.3 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO factoring Sitrus

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's an amusing core, talkingtree xD Would be nice if Volcarona is faster than Kangaskhan so it can knock out Amoonguss and Kanga can Facade smash Amoonguss's partner on the same turn, but otherwise it looks like hella fun pair.

So Volcanion beats p much every steel for Garde so garde can go spam hyper voice. Also, Garde hits dragons for big steamy, so you dont really need any more coverage than volc's stabs. I'm using flamethrower here so I dont get walled by aegislash. Also, heat wave is pretty weak. You could use fire blast here instead, but be careful of getting lucked. Other good options for Garde's third move are Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Disable, Will o Wisp, Substitute, Ally Switch, and probably other stuff, Garde has an enormous support movepool.
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.

EVs: 156 HP / 100 Def / 144 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

P basic core actually, Volcanion checks the Steels that Gardevoir can't hit and Gardevoir checks the Dragons that annoy Volcanion. The Gardevoir spread is from Kyle's post in the EV Spread Compendium, and I decided to run max Speed Volcanion to get the jump on neutral natured base 70s (namely Bisharp and opposing Volcanion). Basically just spread spam your opponents into oblivion.

So Volcanion beats p much every steel for Garde so garde can go spam hyper voice. Also, Garde hits dragons for big steamy, so you dont really need any more coverage than volc's stabs. I'm using flamethrower here so I dont get walled by aegislash. Also, heat wave is pretty weak. You could use fire blast here instead, but be careful of getting lucked. Other good options for Garde's third move are Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Disable, Will o Wisp, Substitute, Ally Switch, and probably other stuff, Garde has an enormous support movepool.
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
lol wyd kid

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off / Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect
- Aqua Jet

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Ice] / Focus Blast
- Quick Guard / Dragon Pulse
- Protect

I really hate Bunnies, but I decided to give it a shot. After some experimentation, I noticed that Mega Sceptile complements it really well. With its amazing ability, Lightning Rod, it will stop any incoming Electric moves from harming Azu. In addition, Mega Sceptile's access to Quick Guard stops any Prankster-boosted Taunts, Fake Out, etc. from stopping Azu of using Belly Drum.

~Rachi ain't the only mon that can get the job done.

Balanced Core:

+

Both the defensive and offensive synergies of these two mons is impeccable. With a little speed control and redirection, this core blossoms into an extremely effective and intimidating work of art. Both sets which I have provided are designed to work in tailwind, with both mons outspeeding adamant lando under TW and volcanion moving one point faster in order to deal with jirachi before venusaur has to waste a move for a turn. If you prefer to use TR or rely more on t-wave + icy wind then you can customize the builds to work for you.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
now that this thread is under new ownership I can repost my favorite core that spacebass had deleted back in November

This effective core is composed of UU pokemon but very successful in OU

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover

Magmar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Follow Me
- Protect

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This is your classic Water, Grass, Fire core (but without a water move)
These guys have great synergy: Cradily redirects Magmar's water weakness, Magmar redirects Blastoise Grass weakness, Magmar redirects all of Cradilly's weakness - bug, ice, steel, and fire. This Core is really bulky to support the fast strong attackers on the rest of the team. Magmar can burn by taking a hit with Flame Body which is an excellent ability for a follow me user who primarily redirects steel and fight moves from Cradily, but he can also use will o wisp. Blastoise's Aura Sphere is so strong that you dont need a water move. Toxic on the Cradily to take out Calm Mind Cress and stall out with recover after stockpiling. This core benefits from Ground type teammates or Lightning Rod teammate to help with Blastoise Electric weakness. This well rounded core can benefit any 2 or 3 fast strong attackers that need switch-in, Storm Drain, Follow Me, or Fake Out support.

Last edited:
Offensive Core:

+

Gardevoir-Mega + Hoopa-Unbound is arguably the best semi-room core in the current meta, providing and incredibly wide variety of offensive coverage and consistant speed control. Hoopa prevents the opponent from wasting TR turns and either forces switch ins or sacks by breaking protect and opening up the door for Gardevoir. Gard's strong spread stab in hyper voice is incredibley potent under most forms of speed control, and TR is arguably the best of those currently with many teams being forced to run full speed teams because of their mega choice, such as Diancie and Gengar. This core can also work effectively under tailwind with a little reworking of the sets. If your team focuses more on using TR as a utility when necessary instead of as a whole team build, it is very possible to remove TR on either gard or hoopa in favor of a coverage move or utility (such as encore on gardevoir).

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)