Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
- Beat Up
- Knock Off

So this team is a little weird looking but I promise it works. The idea started with a semi-room kinda core with TR kinda fast Garde (s/o stratos) and slow goggles volcanion which can really chunk teams as they complement eachother nicely. The fast-ish Garde often doesn't need the Trick Room for itself and can either set it for Volcanion or use it to reset an opponents Trick Room which is kinda neat. Weavile + Terrakion is a little gimmicky but I've only clicked beat up a couple of times and didn't even have it there for the first few games I used this team. Weavile helps to check the general weakness to genies this team has while Terrakion can do this with the boosts from Weavile. Terrak acts as a Kangaskhan check and some alternate speed control as it outspeeds most things with the Scarf. Finally we have 2 fat genies which act as glue by providing Intimdate

Big Shoutout to Test Bot # for many suggestions like Porygon2 over Cresselia, Psychic over Psyshock on Mega Gardevior, Assault Vest over Choice Scarf on Landorus-T, and Weakness Policy Wide Guard instead of Substitute on Aegislash. n___n

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 96 SpA / 44 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Feint

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

We have Mega Gardevoir + Volcanion because that's what we are forced to use. The EVs on Mega Gardevoir outspeed Adamant Breloom, survive Modest Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball 75% of the time and take one Choice Banded Brave Bird from Jolly Talonflame. Volcanion's EVs take two Adamant Landorus-T Earthquakes at -1, a Specs Draco Meteor from Timid Latios most of the time, and underspeed Hoopa-U in Trick Room so Hoopa-U can break Wide Guard or Protect first so Volcanion can attack. I added Porygon2 as it serves as a great Trick Room setter to support our Fire Fairy Core along with a way to beat Bulky Waters (Azumarill especially) which are big threats to the squad. 252 HP EVs maximize Porygon2's bulk, 160 Defense EVs allow it to survive Life Orb Terrakion's Close Combat from full health, and 76 Special Defense EVs with a Sassy nature let Porygon2 survive a Heat Wave followed by Overheat from Mega Charizard Y with good probability. Finally, 20 Special Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on Landorus-T and Salamence with Ice Beam. Landours-T was next as another Landorus-T / Talonflame check along with a check to Mega Charizard Y in Sun + Wide Guard with Stone Edge. Intimidate is also very helpful in Mega Gardevoir teams. Now I added Hitmontop over Scrafty for one reason: Feint. Many players can stall out Trick Room with Doubles Protecting, effectively wasting a turn of sweeping. However, with Feint I can punish this with breaking their protect and hitting them with a strong move (Hyper Voice, Heat Wave, Shadow Ball). With the EV spread, I can take two 0 SpA Cresselia Psychic Moves and still hit hard. Fake Out is also useful for setting up Trick Room and Close Combat hits steels which is the only type that takes both of Mega Gardevoir's STABs. Lastly, I added Wide Guard Aegislash to provide a good Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Diancie switch in. Wide Guard helps for the Mega Charizard Y matchup. The EVs take a LO Shadow Ball from other Aegislash so I can KO them back with Shadow Ball after the Weakness Policy boosts.

My only reliable way to hit it Volcanion. Mega Gardevoir gets walled to hell and back, Porygon2 can't touch it, Landorus-T can Superpower but that's it. Hitmontop will get worn down, and Aeiglsash is weak without the boosts which Ferrothorn won't give it. To win the matchup try to freeze it with Porygon2 keep Volcanion heathly or wear it down until Hitmontop or Landorus-T can kill it.
My only Spore switch in is Volcanion. Everything else get's put to sleep with speedy spores under Trick Room. To win the matchup, don't let Amoonguss have the option to Spore under Trick Room. So, don't set up Trick Room in front of it without Volcanion it or try to kill it as soon as possible. Other options are putting Goggles on Aegislash and making the spread 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD or making it Substitute.

Last edited:
Tailwind Team w/ Swagger

SHOUTOUT TO ALL THE PEARS FOR BEING THERE FOR ME WHEN I WAS HUNGRY.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic
- Protect

EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Heat Wave

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Energy Ball
- Swagger
- Safeguard

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam

Since the past two teams have decided to go with Trick Room, I decided to make this team with a different approach, the usage of Tailwind. And, I thought this made more sense considering the annoyance that Amoonguss and Ferrothorn gives to TR teams (and their already speedy team). Anyways, here is my team:

1. Well, we have Mega Gardevoir and Volcanion (of course), and I set their EVs so that they will have enough bulk and be able to outspeed Landorus-T in Tailwind. Note that Gardevoir has more investment to outspeed Steel types, especially Heatran, without Tailwind. Other than that, their moves are pretty standard.

2. Now, since the team needed a Tailwind user, I couldn’t think of a better one than Whimsicott. With its Prankster ability and its capability to outspeed Thundurus, Tailwind is a guarantee. Its capability to use Safeguard is also useful for preventing Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp, but most importantly for allowing me to use Swagger amongst my Mons, especially in times when they are Intimidated. (Also, because I just can.)

3. Thus, I decided to bring Assault Vest Landorus-T to the team. Its investment in HP will (in most scenarios) allow it to survive one HP Ice or non-STAB Ice Beam, and its great coverage is a necessity in the team. Next, I thought it was important that the team have some sort of priority and defense, so I added Weakness Policy Aegislash. After a Sword Dance (+ Swagger), this thing is not something that you would want to mess with.

4. Finally, it was essential that I put another (quite dependable) Mon to set up a Tailwind. With the addition of a standard Suicune, it not only gives me another bulky Mon, but another counter to Mega Gardevoir's threats. Heatran isn’t a problem since the team has plentiful ways to counter it. Nevertheless, you can think of this Suicune as more of a bait. It’s HP Fire will wipe out Ferrothorn and allow the team to continue its offensive position.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

n10sit ft. doubles room

ok so we got ur standard fast garde, its got hp ground bc u gotta hit those trans, next is steamer, outspeeds lando in tailwind, has stone edge for zard, next i add hydreigon, its a big daddy dragon, it has the tailwind, it has the dracos, it beats the aegislash, it beats the psychic types, its good dawgs, next up is my redirector, good old jirachi, follow me with the t waves and iron heads u know the drill, no way ur opp is moving bro, next is scarf gene, super standard set, gotta beat hoopa and lando and other stuff like that dawg, double steel is sick rofl, last is terrak, had to hit up the room for this one, didnt know wht to do, team was weak to kang and zard tho so we had to do it on em dawgs, hit em with the lum terrak best terrak, anyways thats the team, spl ready u know it, no flaws no weaknesses, o block gbe 300 gang, im out, shoutout all the pear

EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 212 Atk / 56 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

i figured it'd be cool to have a more bulky garde team. trick room on garde is p cool, no one expects it. its p much a semi room team- click tailwind/trick room then click hyper voice. eZ wins

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Y'all know the drill, just post the name of the guy who made the team you're voting for!

miltankmilk
GreenGogoatttt
Test Bot #
n10sit
megacyber

Deadline of voting is on Monday GMT noon!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a huge lead in votes, n10sit takes this week!

This week, we're gonna do the qsns core of Terrakion + Hydreigon aka Diancie, Please Kill Me! These two have some hot psynergy offensively with Terrakion able to slam a lot of things in general and Hydreigon able to beat Aegislash, but the core is also really weak to Mega Diancie so preparation against that is gonna be key!

Deadline of building on Saturday GMT noon!

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Steel Wing
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Scald

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt

so this core rung some bells, as arctic blast had used it with mega venusaur once. the team is actually 4/6 same pokemon, but he uses rotom heat and gyarados instead of my talonflame and suicune. i guess this team is an arcticblast version 2 team more then being actually mine.
onto my actual thought process, aegislash came up to mind first, decently checks diancie, pairs great with hydreigon. second thing that came to mind was " how to not lose to diancie + fire?" , which a bulky water seemed to answer best. rotom wash seemed great, but i wanted a lot more bulk because this will take a looot of hits if its gonna be up against a heatran+diancie , or worst, something like volcarona/blaziken and diancie, so went for suicune. it also gave me tailwind, which patches up hydriegon and terrakion's "almost there" speeds (for base 100s and 110s). no one likes to be snarled , so i put it. at first i put breloom+charizard y, to have a fire type for fwg and suiloom, but then diancie was a bit too strong, therefore i put mega venusaur, which can take it down nice, and can at least stand up to fire, and talonflame. now talonflame threatens 3/4 fire diancie partners (volcarona, infernape, blaziken) and with steel wing, it can deal with both pokemon. yaaay , please vote

What can I say? Terrakion and Hydreigon is the core, and the Pokemon that follows is obvious. Since they are both are weak to Fairy types and Fighting types, Aegislash is the best answer for a switch in or as a Wide Guard support. For the matter of Talonflame, I thought it would be best to have some priority because TR/TW would be this team's worst nightmare. And like Silverwhiteblue (I swear that I didn't see his post before completing this team, but somehow we thought alike), I put Steel Wing on Talonflame to take care of the Mega Diancie problem as soon as possible. However, I chose to take a different route from this point. instead of Suicune, I thought Choice Rotom-W will help the team with Landorus-T, Mega Diancie, etc. Also, its Electric Type moves would be handy in taking care of some Water types. For my final Mon, I debated between Mega Venusaur and Mega Gardevoir, and decided on Mega Gardevoir. One reason was because I wanted an easier way to deal with Dragon types and avoid Draco Meteors. The other reason was because I wanted another hard-hitting spread move and maintain the team's offensive stance.

Vote for me!

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Steel Wing
- Protect
- Overheat

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Volt Switch

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Protect

Rock Dog (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Dragon along at a slow pace (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

JUSTICE (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

The endless cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Gardevoir (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Talk

Martha (Crobat) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- U-turn

The core of Terrak + Hydrei is weak to a few things, Fairies and fighters among the rest. That is why I decided to go with Metagross as my mega of choice, as it is practically the best one-shot check to fairies while still being very offensive, and even having priority to nail some faster things. I then chose Rotom-W since the team is weak to Genies and other fliers (and opposing Terrak) so it offers as a check to those things. Sylveon came next as a secondary fighting check as well as a TR check, and even a Amoong check (somewhat.) I chose Crobat as my final mon for a few reasons. I wanted to be able to taunt TR setters while not being faked out, and I wanted another Tailwind setter that also couldn't be faked out turn one. Shout-outs to whoever can guess what Metagross's name is a reference to.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
VOTING TIME, just post the name of the guy who made the team you're voting for!

Silverwhiteblue
Test Bot #
Tymano

Deadline of voting on Monday GMT noon!

tymano as I'm a bit of a sucker for crobat and it looks like a solid build. I must say i really benefit from super fang over u turn as you have lots of mons that can take advantage of it. You can pick up almost 1 ko per turn as you have a bunch of strong mons which could easily get kos at 50%.

All the teams look great though.

BW edition next week y/y

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)