DP Leafeon

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Meganium's analysis is severely lacking =/ Well, I was talking to maniac one day about how Meganium learned Swords Dance and Earthquake, so I started using it. Then I asked myself...what's the point of using Meganium if Leafeon swept better? Coverage of Earthquake in UU isn't nearly as effective as it is in OU.

Then I saw...wow...Meganium learned Flail! So I proceeded to set up a cool Swords Dance, Substitute, Razor Leaf Flail Meganium set with Salac Berry...only to have my Meganium hopes crushed when I find out that Leafeon learned Flail as well ;_;

So here it is...the bastard that just offensively outshines my precious Meganium.

This also overcomes a small issue of being unable to outspeed a few threats, whether scarfed or just naturally faster (like Ninetales)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/leafeon

[SET]
name: SubSalac Sweeper
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Flail
move 4: Leaf Blade
item: Salac Berry
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set utilizes the "Substitute down to Berry activation" strategy to simultaneously raise Leafeon's Speed and overall damage potential with Flail. If Leafeon can force a switch or Substitute on a move that will not break the Substitute, it can also have a +2 boost in Attack at the end of its Substituting cycle. Leaf Blade is chosen as the complementary move because it has STAB and complements Flail remarkably well in UU, as only Drifblim, Mawile, Shedinja and Wormadam resist the Grass + Normal combination. </p>

<p>350 Attack boosted by one Swords Dance behind a 200 BP Flail allows Leafeon to OHKO many threats that it could not with the standard sweeping set with Life Orb and Return. As an extreme example, this Flail can OHKO a 252 HP / 252 Def Impish Drapion nearly everytime with Stealth Rock support. Additionally, threats like Vileplume and Venusaur are also OHKOed.</p>

<p>The nature choice is based on what Leafeon needs to outspeed. If that set of Pokemon does not include Choice Scarfers, run Adamant. However, if Choice Scarfers are included, for example Pokemon like Modest Manectric and Adamant Primeape, run Jolly. The benefits of Salac's Speed boost are huge, as now Manectric, Sharpedo, Ninetales, Swellow, Froslass and Scyther can't ruin Leafeon's party.</p>

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe list Endure as a possibility next to Sub. Also, looks similar to your GyaraFlail but plays totally differently I assume since you won't have the extra speed.

More comments in the morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)