"Duy vs Somebody" a San Jose VGC Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up and realized I was supposed to ev train last night, but fell asleep so got out my ds and started ev training 'till right before registration. Came there with a friend who didn't know anything about vgc and grabbed some TR pokes off of muffin and evolved his foongas before it learned spore xD. Went inside hall to try to find were Jeremy was at in the tourney and didn't find him till top64 was setting up. Watched junior finals which was pretty cool and left for food before I could see the senior final. Started scrambling about looking for someone with TM Brick break which someone luckily had and was gracious enough to use for me(I didn't see him again his friend though got top64) finished my last minute ev training and found out I didn't have a single life orb :P so I put a scope lens on my Krookodile and lum berry on my bisharp. While in line for registration a guy comes up looking for a cotnee/whimsicott with endure (more last minute then me) not sure if the guy in front of me ever gave it to him.
During Registration I was freaking out about hack checks because I was using andrea's Synre(Chandelure) was ROM abused to clone so I wasn't sure if it would pop up(luckily it didn't) and going into R1 here's my team:

Synre the Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4hp/252sp.a/252 spe
-Heat wave
-Energy ball
-Shadow ball
-Hidden Power(Ice) [68]

Haxorus @ Focus Sash
Adamant
4hp/252atk/252spe
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Conkledurr @ Flame orb
Adamant
252hp/252atk/4sp.def
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Protect
-Rock Slide

Bisharp @ Lum(lol)
Adamant
252hp/252atk/4spe
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash
-Iron Head
-Protect

Krookodile @ Scope lens(more lol)
Adamant - Intimidate
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Protect

R1 - my friend wanted to fight me because he didn't want to lose to anyone else so ya basically a bye for me(If his team was finished though he would've won)

R2 - Played a guy who said that he lost R1 but the guy he lost to already lost so he got to R2... he used a Whimsicott team without the whimsicott and a CM Mushyana

R3 - A TR team that set up late I got effect spored on T1 with my haxorus, but he left it there and woke up with a vengeance.

POKEMON DANCE PARTY
Pros:
-MC is always great
-Snivy for dancing like a Boss
-Huy break dancing
Cons:
-Tepig for only moving his arms
-Vollyball girls acting like locusts

Finalist Lounge!!
I say hi to the people I know and congratulate them on their success and sit with Zwing/Huy/Duy/(forgot your name) but his avatar is Red They tell me on how they barely are getting by and hoping the hax turns to their favor. The Bye/Play cards are handed out - our table last- I get the lucky bye - the only one at our table - and proceed to sit out R4

R5 - Just need to win this game to get an invite-no pressure of course. I see he has a zoroark in his battle box and I groan because I do not want to try to predict that.
He leads with Amoongas and Jellicent(oh hey this again) and I lead with Chandelure and Haxorus. I protect with haxorus to avoid him trying to break my sash. Chandelure uses shadow ball on jellicent and it reads not very effective and turns out to be zoroark - great luckily shadow ball is a 2ko. He uses Night burst but MISSES. Amoongas uses spore on Haxorus but is protected.
I finish off Zoroark with shadow ball. Things get blurry from here. I know he missed Rock slide 3 times in a row on Haxorus so I kinda haxxed him out of R5

R6 - TV time!! I see his battle box and of course he has a zoroark too.
He leads with Landorous and an archeops. I lead with my usual.
I protect with my Haxorous and HP ice his Landorous. He lives ... and turns out to be zoroark which uses nasty plot(?) Blurry again. Haxorous brings him down to half with brick break. Chandy finishes off zoroark and the real landorous that comes in right afterwards. He sends in volcorona my Chandy dies from Archeops and I send in Bisharp who sucker punches Archeops to death and dies from a heatwave from Volocorona. I miss rock slide on Volcorona and he finishes me off with heat wave. I send in my conkledurr ready to take the psychic and lose but he uses struggle bug. I'm left in shock and begin to wonder if he was throwing the game because of the miss Rock slide. I proceed to finish off Volocorna with rock slide and after the game I asked him if he had the Psychich and replied saying he did not know what a conkledurr was...

So I'm the first Top8 member sitting around waiting hoping I'll win the next one so I can get top4 and money$$$. The MC comes over and interviews me(which I dont think anyone heard) making me more nervous and soon after that walks over Zerowing. The MC then starts talking to Zwing and getting us pumped for our battle and then another staff member walks up and asks me to follow him stripping me from my fight with zerowing which I was fine with at the time. I walk over to the other TV and slow my pace to find out my opponent is Duy the previous reigonal champ. Jeremy on the side lines calls out and says who do I root for? We both wish each other good luck and commence our battle!
R7 -
A link to this battle can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234sPFuILYA
T1 - Either I miss EV'd or he won the speed tie between our two scarf Chandelure's either way I end up one less poke. Already feeling discouraged I look at my two other pokes, Bisharp and Krookodile and figure both of them can come in and take out chandelure but Bisharp had the priority so I went with hi,.
T2 - Well I must say I like how I predicted he would predict the sucker punch. Wish I would have gone for the dragon claw instead of the rock slide though.
T3 - I figure he will mach punch or do something that will just destroy bisharp so I switch to Krookodile to get of intimidate and preserve my bisharp. Decide on Conkledurr to Dragon claw since he was the biggest threat to bisharp.
T4 - Double protect, Scouting if he was going to switch
Should have Dragon claw'd the mienshao when I had the chance
T5 - Pray to the hax gods I'll get another protect, but I don't and krookodile goes down without doing anything but looking nasty. Acrobatics + Flight gem scares me into thinking I will die but I live and I breathe a sigh of relief. I notice his burn is bringing him low so I decide I might just let that kill him.
T6 - Scout to see what his Chandelure would do - should have rock slided with my haxorous. Oh ya and he lives with 2hp D:
T7 - With both of them down I thought I won and begin to feel exicted inside, but duy's not reaching out his hand and I see that he still has one more poke! I was hoping it would be something I could outspeed and kill but unfortunetly it's thundurus and he proceeds to win taking it all the way to top4 :D Bittersweet getting to Top8(As you can see was mainly a fluke) but losing right before the cash.
I might attend nats if I can afford it and I'm definately going to worlds hope to see you all again
Also I'm the guy with the petilil doll in my pocket ;D

I'll come back and edit this later fix paragraphs add pictures and maybe I'll remember some of my games >.<

Awesome battle, great story! You did great from being unprepared haha but I guess it's more about the trainer's skills which you prooved to have.

breh

強いだね
I was the 6th person at the finalist table.

You played exactly how I would have. Watching the video, I say, "and now, he goes for double protect" and you go for double protect, lol. You were screwed from the start by that speed tie; without it, I'd say that the battle would have been far in your favor.

Also that 2 HP survival was painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)