EarthShakers, Take Six {feat. Mega Gyarados}

we shake the earth
Hi Smogon.

Here's a team that does pretty okay. Mega Gyarados sits at the head as the team's primary sweeper, and the teammates were chosen accordingly. I don't ladder a whole lot because it stresses me out but I'm sitting pretty easily at 2000 and rising (NOTE: this was before the reset, when 2000 was actually a good score...). It's got just enough tricks to deal with most threats, but there's definitely room for improvement and that's where I'd like to get some feedback.

UPDATE: Presently testing out Defog EB Latios > Celebi and CB Genesect > Excadrill. Genesect's U-Turn puts in so, so much work, but I'm not sure I've found the coverage I want to stick with in ESpeed / U-Turn / Iron Head / Blaze Kick. Had Blaze Kick / Ice Beam in the last slots but I'm accruing a big Azumarill weakness now that Celebi's gone.

Latios is running Timid EB Draco / Tbolt / Defog / Memento, but this underwhelms me:
252 SpA Expert Belt Latios Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 286-336 (70.79 - 83.16%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Even LO isn't going to OHKO. I'm also considering a Mandibuzz > Latios but this won't help the Azumarill problem per se.

- x -

So let's do it!!

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

It's generally always my lead, because its utility grants me so much early momentum. Its primary purpose was, honestly, to kill all of the Greninjas. Volt Switch outspeeds and OHKOs 0 HP Greninja when it's a Water-type, and Overheat does when it's not. He also checks Talonflame, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and - most importantly for my team - Trevenant and opposing Gyarados. Scarf WoW is my first answer to physical dragons not named Charizard. T-Wave cripples a lot of Megas (I'm looking at you, Charizard X and Y) to let something like Excadrill come in for the revenge kill.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse Shadow Sneak...?
- U-turn

If Scarf Rotom-H is supposed to kill all the Greninjas, this guy is meant to kill all the Dragonites. OHKOing through Multiscale, come on, who else can even do that?? My Mega Gyarados is was stopped mainly by two things: grass-types and flying dragons. This guy annihilates just about all of them. It legitimately OHKOs so much of the metagame. Makes a great partner with Scarf Rotom-H for their incredibly fast VoltTurn combo. Surf because Hydro Pump misses literally 100% of the time. Trying out Shadow Sneak for now.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The beast himself. He's EVd to outrun enemy Greninjas after one DD, who'd otherwise deal well over 40% damage with each U-turn. Gyarados continues to be an underrated yet devastating threat to a whole boatload of team-types. I haven't given him Intimidate because Moxie turns him into a straight up wrecking ball for endgame clean up.

There's a lot to be said for putting Taunt instead of Ice Fang or Stone Edge. I think my team needs it more; it's a hilarious and perfect answer to Baton Pass, especially with Mold Breaker; the incoming Toxic/T-Wave/Whirlwind is always so obvious and the sweep must go on. Waterfall and Earthquake have admittedly poor coverage, walled by grass-types, flying dragons, and opposing Gyarados. This is exactly why I've paired him with Scarf Rotom-H and Greninja, who handle all of these with style. Tired of being walled by Dragonites. Ice Fang wrecks shop & nets many pre-Mega Moxie boosts.

Mega Gyarados is phenomenal in how it partners regular Gyarados with its typing and ability. You only hit the Mega Evo button when you need to: essentially, when it gives Gyarados a second chance against something it shouldn't have otherwise taken down. Need to tank a Stone Edge or a Volt Switch (!!) or a Shadow Sneak, and want to Dragon Dance one more time for good measure? Hit the Mega Evo button. Want to break Sturdy, or Water Absorb, or Levitate (!!), or - - you get the idea. It's basically a second life.

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Flawless type synergy with Gyarados, reliable Rapid Spin, and a higher damage output than Mega Gyarados to boot. Destroys any non-scarfed Rotom-W (as if I don't have enough checks for it already) and slays fairies all over. STAB Earthquake is just so good. Even Ferrothorns fall to it after two or three hits, have their Leech Seeds spun away, and can't T-Wave back. Sadly, a lot of people are just dumb and want to switch in their Gengars or their Latis, but regardless this guy's solid and probably the best spinner available. Galvantula leads are out of luck.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 156 SAtk / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Aww yeah. This Celebi is really useful. First of all, it's a special sponge who can take anything from Scarf Rotom-W as well as the ubiquitous Scalds aimed at Mega Gyarados. Even if one of the Scalds did manage to burn something that doesn't want to be burned, Celebi heals it up. It sponges T-bolts and Earthquakes happily. But, the best part about it is that it shuts down enemy walls. With Heal Bell over Recover, Celebi can't be toxic stalled. This set actually beats Chansey and Blissey one on one. It also beats Porygon2, Sylveon, some Florges, and of course all the bulky waters who would otherwise get in Gyarados' way. With Leftovers + boosted Giga Drain, you're recovering more than enough HP each turn to tank repeated non-STAB Ice Beams and Flamethrowers without Recover. Obviously, Scizor and Heatran are a free switch in (although even +2 Psychic starts doing respectable chip damage), but both of those pokémon are actually set up fodder for Gyarados and not overall threats to the team. Oh and this guy also destroys Belly Drum Azumarill.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Speed
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

And finally, I needed to patch up what was still missing: more physical bulk, hazards, a phazer if possible. Most importantly: he is the Talonflame killer. Most other physical attackers are mauled by the recoil from this guy, too, guaranteeing free rocks as they passively lose about half their health; not even Ice Punches and Ice Fangs OHKO a lot of the time. Shurtugal's Naive suggestion outspeeds Lucario, Breloom, Heatran etc.

Even with this last mon to patch up the gaps, my team lacks strong priority. This is a terrible thing. However, this guy does maintain some slight revenge killing potential, what with the 25% damage per contact move and another 10% if Life Orbed. Not reliable, obviously, but it helps.

- x -

MAJOR THREATS

threats said:
Scarf Genesect - is the bane of my existence right now. Outspeeds everything and has its way with the team.

Deoxys-D - can hardly break it. I'd have to DD with Mega Gyarados at the cost of being T-Waved, lest I lose all my items through Knock Off.

Charizard X & Charizard Y - it boils down to my overall lack of speed. X nets an easy Dragon Dance while Y punches holes across the board. My best bet is to paralyze them with Rotom-H.

Scarf MoxieMence - can clean up shop late game if I'm not very aware of it from the start.

My lack of (strong) priority hurts, hard.
Outdated: the team is in flux.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 156 SAtk / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Last edited:
I think Kyurem-Black could be rather threatening, especially if it gets behind a Sub. Both Greninja's U-turn and Rotom-H's Volt Switch fail to break the Substitute (even on a Crit), and Kyurem-B can return with an OHKO with Outrage.. best switch-in would be Celebi imo, despite the possible 2HKO, you can scout out if Kyurem has the Ice Beam, Earth Power or Roost, though, your opponent could hide the Ice Beam from your Celebi and just use Dragon Claw..

Kyurem-B also outspeeds your Garchomp by 5 points (236, neutral speed => 285 speed)

216+ Atk Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 244-288 (101.2 - 119.5%)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 163-193 (67.6 - 80%)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 238-282 (83.5 - 98.9%)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 199-235 (69.8 - 82.4%) (Greninja isn't Water-type for this)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 172-204 (45.5 - 53.9%)

0 SpA Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 204+ SpD Celebi: 170-204 (44.9 - 53.9%)
0 SpA Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 160-190 (44.1 - 52.4%)
0 SpA Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 214-254 (59.1 - 70.1%)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Garchomp: 296-350 (70.4 - 83.3%)
0 SpA Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 520-616 (123.8 - 146.6%)
216+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 350-412 (102.6 - 120.8%)

252+ SpA Rotom-H Overheat vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 220-259 (54.3 - 63.9%)
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 177-211 (43.7 - 52%)
156 SpA Celebi Psychic vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.2%)

252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 300-354 (74 - 87.4%)
0 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 360-426 (88.8 - 105.1%)
+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 194-229 (47.9 - 56.5%)
Just naming the first threat that came to mind, a Dragon that Greninja doesn't threaten out. Not sure how Kingdra fares against your team.

Overall though, it looks like a pretty solid team to me, it's pretty well thought out. :P What really scares me is that you can OHKO non-Bulky Dragonite through the Multiscale.. Bulky variants with Weakness Policy seem like it could be a problem as well

Last edited:
I think Kyurem-Black could be rather threatening, especially if it gets behind a Sub. Both Greninja's U-turn and Rotom-H's Volt Switch fail to break the Substitute (even on a Crit), and Kyurem-B can return with an OHKO with Outrage.. best switch-in would be Celebi imo, despite the possible 2HKO, you can scout out if Kyurem has the Ice Beam, Earth Power or Roost, though, your opponent could hide the Ice Beam from your Celebi and just use Dragon Claw..

Kyurem-B also outspeeds your Garchomp by 5 points (236, neutral speed => 285 speed)

Just naming the first threat that came to mind, a Dragon that Greninja doesn't threaten out. Not sure how Kingdra fares against your team.

Overall though, it looks like a pretty solid team to me, it's pretty well thought out. :P What really scares me is that you can OHKO non-Bulky Dragonite through the Multiscale.. Bulky variants with Weakness Policy seem like it could be a problem as well
Hm excellent point - it just goes to show how serious my Dragon weakness is, without a bulky Steel-type or a Fairy. Do you have ideas for how I can check them? Garchomp's honestly on the team because Mega Kangaskhan is so broken. If/when that gets banned, I can swap out Garchomp for a better, physical glue-mon and dragon killer. Mamoswine? Carbink? Scizor?

Actually. Wait. Do you think a Lucario would have some merit, for its priority, typing, and good offensive synergy with Gyarados?

As for Kingdra - it struggles against Celebi, and outside of the rain it's not much of a threat at all. I can sac T-Wave it if absolutely necessary, but I've gotten around them so far without a huge concern.

Thanks for the rate!

Last edited:
Mmm.. I think you also might need a Physically Defensive wall, tons of threats this generation ._. Possibly a Clefable or a Sylveon, though that may be too touch much overloaded Special Attack which would make Chansey/Blissey a problem.. Lucario or Infernape are pretty nice, Landorus(-T) could also act as a strong Pivot as well (also has access to Stealth Rock and U-turn)

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man I promised i would rate your team, so here it is :$

Now breloom looks like a complete bitch to switch in and take a hit as you rely heavily on Celebi, who can't even baton pass out of Pursuit trappers. And gyarados absolutely needs breloom gone to sweep, which is so obviously what youre going for! Now i really dont like your celebi set to be honest, as it just seems youre trying to both sweep and wall and be a cleric. Pick one. I would prefer Amoongus to better handle azumarill, and have etter survivability. It also stone cold walls breloom, same as celebi did. That's honestly all i can see, really good team! A simple Amoonguss change lets you make sure you have a pivot and also ensure you have it late game. If i think of anything more ill edit this post. Great team, congrats in your ranking!

O shit, i disnt realize how weak you are to mega kang! Gorgeist over celebi solves that as well, it all depends on your personal preference

Mmm.. I think you also might need a Physically Defensive wall, tons of threats this generation ._. Possibly a Clefable or a Sylveon, though that may be too touch much overloaded Special Attack which would make Chansey/Blissey a problem.. Lucario or Infernape are pretty nice, Landorus(-T) could also act as a strong Pivot as well (also has access to Stealth Rock and U-turn)
I'll play around with making Garchomp fully defensive maybe, since he punishes physical attackers really well on his own and that's at neutral nature without full investment. I also get the feeling that Lucario and Gyarados would make a pretty great offensive pairing but I might have to try that out on another team.

Hey man I promised i would rate your team, so here it is :$

Now breloom looks like a complete bitch to switch in and take a hit as you rely heavily on Celebi, who can't even baton pass out of Pursuit trappers. And gyarados absolutely needs breloom gone to sweep, which is so obviously what youre going for! Now i really dont like your celebi set to be honest, as it just seems youre trying to both sweep and wall and be a cleric. Pick one. I would prefer Amoongus to better handle azumarill, and have etter survivability. It also stone cold walls breloom, same as celebi did. That's honestly all i can see, really good team! A simple Amoonguss change lets you make sure you have a pivot and also ensure you have it late game. If i think of anything more ill edit this post. Great team, congrats in your ranking!

O shit, i disnt realize how weak you are to mega kang! Gorgeist over celebi solves that as well, it all depends on your personal preference
Thanks for the rate man! I think you're seriously underestimating what this Celebi is capable of haha. Okay so maybe I do want it to be a wall, a wallbreaker, and a cleric, but trust me it can work in this case. It wins out over Mega Venusaur and it's even gone on to slay many a Gengar which our mushroom pal Amoongus won't be able to do. Breloom's just not a threat this gen, but if I see one I make sure to reserve Celebi to deal with it.

You're right though in that I do rely pretty heavily on the forest pixie, wanting it for bulky waters and special walls and fighting types and sponging certain hits. Amoongus' regenerator sounds really appealing, especially given how prevalent fast U-Turn pokes are becoming right now. Maybe I'll try it out after all.

Last edited:
Alright. I've made some minor revisions and, as the metagame is evolving, I'm finding it harder to keep my momentum going.

I've been trying out Amoongus whose got its perks as well as its flaws. Pros: Regenerator, hard walls certain threats (Keldeo), Spore. Cons: Dies versus neutral and some resisted surprise physical attacks, easy to play around, loses a lot of the offensive momentum the team relies on. Maybe I just need more practice with him, but I can't say it's a huge plus or minus over Celebi either way. Is there a moveset/spread you recommend TCR ?

That said - Celebi is quickly becoming a liability what with all the Genesects (and of course Aegislash and Talonflames) floundering about. I liked how Celebi let me maintain offensive pressure while sponging special hits. I really need some answer for Genesect. Toying with the idea of a specially defensive Togekiss > Celebi for that Dragon check.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can run this:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/ 88 def/ 52 SpA/ 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire/ Stun Spore

This ev spread gives you pretty balanced stats, allowing you nice bulk that is great with regenerator, but leaves it kind of flimsy on both sprectrums. However this gives you a nice mixed pivot which i find better for offensive teams. Alternatively you could just run 252/252 SpD. However, regardless I suggest rumning Intimidate on Gyarados with a bulky spread. This still gives you a nice pivot, and allows you an easier time with physical threats, which you said seemed to trouble you. I think i forgot to mention that in my previous rate.

Update. Can't believe I didn't realize some of this earlier.

Made it to my first OU tournament finals; in the end it came down to my Gyarados being paired against a Dragonite, go figure. That's when I realized: Ice Fang over Taunt will make my life a hell of a lot easier.

+1 252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 280-331 (82.11 - 97.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 428-508 (129.3 - 153.47%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 372-440 (115.17 - 136.22%) -- guaranteed OHKO (ohshit - - Mold Breaker ignores Multiscale!)

252 HP Kyurem-B is still a bitch, but not impossible to deal with the way Scarf MoxieMence was.

I can't find anything that's giving me more mileage than Celebi. Togekiss was a terrible idea. Rocks Weakness + BoltBeam weakness has no place on this team. I'll try out Shaymin to see how it fairs over Celebi, to at least slightly mitigate that U-Turn weakness.

I also watched a match the other day where Greninja actually put Shadow Sneak to really amazing use. Dark Pulse is the least-used move on my Greninja's set, so I'll see if the priority isn't worth it in the long-run. Any advice on how to EV him to give Shadow Sneak some viability?

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Can I ask a quick question? Why the hell are you running Heal Bell on Nasty Plot Celebi?

Anyway, that aside, I wouldn't say you need to replace Celebi because of a U-turn weakness -- you're running Rocky Helmet Garchomp ffs.

That being said, I've got a ton of nitpicks for this team.

First is that Celebi -- if you're using NP Celebi, why on earth aren't you investing in speed? I see Heal bell so I'm not sure if you use it as support or as a sweeper or what but the team is offensive oriented so I really wouldn't recommend using slow NP Celebi anyway.

I think we can replace Celebi for something else -- something you can appreciate more: Defog (EB) Latios. Defog Latios removes the stress of rapid spinning off Excadrill (which seems to be it's only purpose) and Latios can fill in Celebi's shoes and then some -- it can use Memento to get more setup opp. for MegaDos, it removes hazards much more reliably, and it retains most of the utility Celebi brought to the table: water resistance, can switch into Rotom-W, can use Thunderbolt to lure Azumaril, and it brings stronger spammable STAB in Draco Meteor while also bringing faster speeds to the table. And of course, they are both weak to U-turn / Genesect so it retains most of the same cons too.

Next we go to Greninja -- please keep Dark Pulse and Hydro Pump as they provide much needed offensive pressure.

Anyway, now that Excadrill's role is a tad redundant, I say you replace it for something that can bring something else to the table, like say, CB Genesect. Genesect and Excadrill have around the same bulk when it comes to tanking Dragon-STABS (okay that's a lie Exca can do that slightly better, but) Genesect forms a powerful VoltTurn combination with this team as well as strong priority in Extreme Speed and great coverage attacks in Blaze Kick and Ice Beam (which is perfectly viable on the CB set might I add) as well as two amazing STABS in Iron head and U-turn to work with. It's stronger priority and U-turn give it a slight edge over Excadrill now that Latios can Defog.

Lastly, Garchomp should run Naive nature with 252 Hp / 96 Def / 160 spe. Naive allows you to run Fire Blast over Outrage, which lures in Defog Scizor and Skarmory like pros, while the additional speed outruns Jolly / Timid Lucario, which can be admittingly helpful in a pinch. It can outrun all base 100s with neutral nature (as well as outrunning KyuB, which someone brought up as a threat). EQing Excadrill is also nice so it can't get an emergency Rapid Spin in there or revenge kill you, which is way worth using than Impish.

On Rotom-H, please use Hidden Power [Grass / Ice] over Thunder Wave, with an additional option of Trick over WoW since the scarf set appreciates more coverage / trick cripples more than Scarf Wave/Wisp does.

Good Luck, friend!

Can I ask a quick question? Why the hell are you running Heal Bell on Nasty Plot Celebi?

First is that Celebi -- if you're using NP Celebi, why on earth aren't you investing in speed? I see Heal bell so I'm not sure if you use it as support or as a sweeper or what but the team is offensive oriented so I really wouldn't recommend using slow NP Celebi anyway.
Sure thing. Gyarados can't be burned, and Greninja can't be T-Waved, or those pokes might as well be KOed; healing these takes priority over Celebi's own HP most of the time. As for why am I using it on Nasty Plot Celebi: it lets me break so many bulky walls who'd otherwise Toxic Stall, sub/protect, heal (read: Gliscor). Getting past Blissey/Chansey with a special attacker is kickass. Conversely: special walls are not really a problem considering the physical lean of my team, so I get that breaking Blissey is not crazy important, but Heal Bell opens doors for a mini Celebi sweep in a way that Recover can't. Nasty Plot Giga Drain recovery + lefties = a crapton of HP from neutral 'mons, where Toxic or Paralysis would have forced me to switch out.

Even uninvested, Celebi is outspeeding/beating a whole boatload of bulky mons who threaten Gyarados (Rotom-W, Mega Blastoise, Mega Venusaur). The pixie's bulk and offense are generally more important for me than its speed. I still need to hard switch when I see a Scarf Lando/Genesect or a Talonflame, and no amount of Speed EVs are going to change that. Don't knock it til you try it... I'm sure it seems unorthodox but it's been working, pretty well.

tl;dr: Heal Bell Nasty Plot Celebi single-handedly mauls stall teams.

- x -

That said, I will definitely be trying out Defog Lati & Genesect. They add great synergy to the team as it is and I'm stoked to play around with Genesect, who's got so many strong options. Thanks a ton for the rate!

Last edited:
Your team is pretty air tight. The only suggestion I can come up with is for you to consider replacing Garchomp with Dusclops. Duclops single handedly counters Kangaskhan and seems to fit with your team pretty well. I mean, you seem pretty scared of Kanghaskhan and Dusclops is a good counter to him. However, he is in the UU (at least to my knowledge he is) but he knows WoW. In addition to this, the only thing that Kanghaskhan has that can hurt him is earthquake because power up punch, return, and fake out don't affect him. Feel free to make your own set, but this is the one I recommend.

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability:Doesn't matter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Curse
- Rest/Pain Split

However, if you are looking for more of an offensive presence I wouldn't put him in.

-sigh- I'm frustrated, because I feel like my team is relatively solid now but then it's got one glaring Achilles' heel: scarf Genesect rips it a new one. I've been racking my brain trying to counter Scarf Genesect and I still dont know. Life Orb Fire Punch Deoxys-S, maybe, or Heatran/Volcarona... but these aren't quick changes, more like major restructuring.

Got back up to 2000 after the ladder reset; I should be aiming for a lot higher now, since it seems the whole ladder's moved up several hundred points.

Here's a replay against a stall team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73118929. It's not terribly high-ranked; I'm around 1900 and the opponent's much lower, but it highlights what Celebi's point is and the green onion is the MVP of the match. I played a little sloppy turns 17-19, but it was a good match in my opinion. Ideally, I'd like to keep most of the team members the same, but if you could recommend more effective move sets I'd be immensely grateful.

Toying with finally taking Rotom-H's scarf off (even though it nets so, so many kills and crucial status inflictions) and making him defensive. I also quite, quite like the Grass/Ghosts. Would Specially Defensive Trevenant make a suitable replacement for Celebi?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)