Endless Game Clause - Moveset discussion

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71905352

This is a link to a battle I had last night which would have invoked the EGC.

Hence, I believe that the moveset Protect+Recycle+Leppa Berry + (Trapping Ability) should be banned. Also, the move Entrainment (Gives target user's ability - can copy Durant's Truant) as well as Torment are not good when that Pokemon also has access to Protect + Leppacycle.

Similarly, Leppa + Harvest + Protect/heal should also be banned.

Essentially, Leppa Berry in concert with Harvest or Recycle should be banned.

Heal pulse should also be banned in this context. Any damage somehow caused to the opponent can be healed, making the game even longer. I ran into a Slowbro with Protect/Recycle/Slack Off/Heal Pulse holding a Leppa Berry, and I forfeited knowing it would last too long.

I saw a vid of that kind of battle, what is the point?? If you really wanted to troll, have a team full of PKMN that deal contact damage (Ferrothorn+RH, Garchomp+RH etc.)

I'm going to be honest, Morbuss only fell into that trap in the first place because his team was terrible. I thought everyone became smart enough to counter the Entrainment hype 3-4 years ago when Durant was first released. Seriously, the minute you're hit with Entrainment, switch out. It really is that simple.

Unlike the whole Prankster + Assist strategy, you don't even have to prepare for teams like this. Switching literally shuts this team down (which is saying a lot since the team has 3 trappers). You will never find a half-decent player who will fall for this.

There's one i've been using, trevenant with harvest, leech seed, and substitue, but yeah these are shut down easily by switching

I don't get it. Using protect and recycle, and even Recover(etc) you'd still take a hit every other turn. You don't have something to switch into that can just set up on these things?

I don't get it. Using protect and recycle, and even Recover(etc) you'd still take a hit every other turn. You don't have something to switch into that can just set up on these things?
I once was stuck thanks to Block and Assault Vest on a support Mon which makes switching more difficult

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)