EnGarde's Dream Collection - Battle Spot Battle Ready Distribution - Closed until Sunday 11 Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'm racking up a collection of random Ferrothorn but I'll stick another one up now (and nickname it EnGarde for good measure) and hope for the best I suppose... People are crazy :/

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Okay, I'm racking up a collection of random Ferrothorn but I'll stick another one up now (and nickname it EnGarde for good measure) and hope for the best I suppose... People are crazy :/
Ah ha! I signed in late this evening, and it has paid off!

...Wait. Seriously??? Unless I've caught you before you've posted it, it has been sniped again!

Best to do a direct trade, I think, since we've got poor luck on GTS trading. I'll head over to the battle spot FC thread to get your FC, mine is in my sig. :)

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ah ha! I signed in late this evening, and it has paid off!

...Wait. Seriously??? Unless I've caught you before you've posted it, it has been sniped again!

Best to do a direct trade, I think, since we've got poor luck on GTS trading. I'll head over to the battle spot FC thread to get your FC, mine is in my sig. :)
You did. I'm still trying to actually find a Bunnelby. >< Still, swapping FCs is a good idea regardless.

EDIT: Got one. Uploading.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
You did. I'm still trying to actually find a Bunnelby. >< Still, swapping FCs is a good idea regardless.
lol, ok. I was worried for a second there, thought I'd have to change from bunnelby to another less highly trafficked pokemon for distribution. I've added you, and I'll be online. You can send me anything. :)

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Alright, thankyou for the giveaway ^_^ Have an actual breeding spitback for the trouble. :p
Lol, thanks. :) Good luck with ferrothorn! Sorry, forgot to take the nickname off of it; though I might not worry so much about this in the future.

Repeating my message from earlier: I'd really like to see more battle vids! freekhoorn shared one showing how the defensive hippowdon was able to stall out and win against both a conkeldurr and garchomp thanks to slack off, and I'd really like to see that ferrothorn in action as well. :) You can post it in the battle spot vid discussion forum if you're willing to share with a wider audience.

No obligation, especially if you'd prefer to keep the rest of your team private. I'm just having fun watching these pokes in action. :D

Heh, I'd love to share, but all I use your Hippo for is... well, some hax. You can guess. I'll get a battle video in a bit.

Last edited:
I'm about to deposit a Bunnelby and that Salamence sure would be keen. If you're on now, though, I'm likely to request the Hydreigon right afterward.

IGN: Ian. Thanks again!

EDIT -- Also, per your request on the last page, I don't want to throw another post in the video thread yet and this isn't a particularly exciting video, but here are your triples donations (Bisharp, Meowstic and Kangaskhan) doing some work in one of the only videos I have saved: DN7G-WWWW-WWW9-L2WS. Their record is currently 12-2.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Heh, I'd love to share, but all I use your Hippo for is... well, some hax. You can guess. I'll get a battle video in a bit.
You do realize that the team I'm currently testing has a bright powder + sand veil garchomp with double team, right? At first I was running the hax-lite version of trollchomp (protect instead of double team), but after testing the move, I found that a single use of double team reduces the hit-rate of most moves in sand to hilarious levels, so I've switched it up to full-on trollchomp.

This is battle spot. Pretty much all moves and play-styles are allowed here, and using haxy playstyles gives you the best understanding of how to beat haxy playstyles. So, please share! :D

I'm about to deposit a Bunnelby and that Salamence sure would be keen. If you're on now, though, I'm likely to request the Hydreigon right afterward.

IGN: Ian. Thanks again!

EDIT -- Also, per your request on the last page, I don't want to throw another post in the video thread yet and this isn't a particularly exciting video, but here are your triples donations (Bisharp, Meowstic and Kangaskhan) doing some work in one of the only videos I have saved: DN7G-WWWW-WWW9-L2WS. Their record is currently 12-2.
Salamence is away. I also have a hydreigon lined up for you, if you're still around. If not, another GTS trade is fine. Please note that this salamence does great with a 252 sp.atk / 252 speed spread, but if you ever decide to invest in sp.def (for whatever reason), that particular salamence has a 30 IV in sp.def. No difference between an un-invested 30 and 31 IV, but it does affect optimal EV distribution.

Also, I understand what you mean. I've been waiting for a really epic battle to post on the discussion forum, but I haven't had one yet. :-/ Not since the battle of legends, at least, and that match I still ended up losing (5 pp instead of 8 on close combat). ...Which probably means I need to put away the destiny knot and everstone, and actually battle more, lol.

EDIT: It wasn't epic, but I did have a decently interesting match, so I've uploaded that one and posted in the vid discussion forum. Go watch it plz, folks! :D

Last edited:
For both of you, knowing that these pokemon are being used competitively is the biggest thanks you can give me. I'd really get a kick out of watching a battle vid of you battling, especially if it includes one of the donated pokemon. Maybe you could add a post to the Battle Spot Video Discussion Thread? :)

Tagging CatataFish_6, Anjunadeep, GC7, Purgatory, and PopJJ because I'd love to see videos from you guys, too. Also tagging Whiskey Tango, but you already know where the vid discussion thread is, lol.
I'm on it!

Hey there, EnGarde! I've got a battle coming up tomorrow and I think this Gardevoir would be perfect for my team:

Gardevoir
Ability: Trace
Modest 86 HP / 196 Sp.Atk / 228 Speed (Eggy Emporium's Dragon Slayer Spread)
31/x/31/31/31/31
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Other Coverage

I've deposited a Bunnelby as per instructions. Thanks a lot :D

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
rufusdrumknott Gardevoir is away! :D You have good taste, lol. Hope you don't mind if I gush a bit about that pokemon, as it has particular sentimental value to me. I've used it a lot in battle spot, and while many of its attacks against neutral targets are 2HKOs (instead of OHKOs with the specs set, a disadvantage shared by all scarfed gardevoirs), I've found that the added HP investment helps survive attacks that a straight 252/252 spread would not have survived. The attack IV is actually 2, so its 1 point from perfect at level 50. It is also at a significantly higher level than most of my other offerings because I frequently use it for friend safari/battle chateau/cafe le wow grinding (hence the sentimentality). As I said, a great choice.

Pyritie To save you from having to hunt through the whole post for where I've tagged you, I remember you mentioning in the fairy face-off that you were thinking about trying a super luck togekiss. No pressure, and no problem if you don't want it, but I have one that is 6IV flawless (with a 0 attack IV) that could get you started if you're interested. If you aren't interested, no worries. I just found it in my box while reorganizing and thought you might want to experiment/breed/use it. :)

---

Major update to the Battle Spot Distribution!

To start off with, I'd like to thank TeraVolt and Stellar for their donations! TeraVolt donated a wonderful jellicent that will be perfect for setting up trick room and countering rain teams in the new special rated doubles "UU" season. Stellar donated a landorus-t that will likely be used in the Battle Spot CCAT Triples Team. Details on these pokemon, along with a few others I found while reorganizing, are listed in the hide below.

Due to on-cart space restraints, I've been reorganizing how I keep pokemon for this distribution. As such, I've found a few more pokemon to list for the distribution, and I've also taken the time to formalize guidelines for pokemon donations. All donation requests are welcome and appreciated, however following these guidelines really helps streamline the process and helps make it easier for me distribute pokemon in the long run.

Donation Guidelines

1. Thank you so much for considering a donation! It is greatly appreciated! :D
  2. Remember to follow all Wifi Forum Rules when offering pokemon for the distribution. In particular, poke-genned pokemon and other hacks are not allowed.
  3. Please try to offer pokemon you personally collected. This is important for establishing redis rights and maintaining the integrity of the distribution.
  4. If possible, please nickname the pokemon. I will be keeping these pokemon on pokebank for the foreseeable future, and I will have little information to help me distinguish 2 pokemon running different sets. Having unique nicknames will help streamline the process. It's a bit of serendipidity that up until now, all pokemon received that can run different sets have had distinguishing nicknames. If it is not feasible to nickname an offered pokemon, they will still be happily accepted.
  5. Please, no offensive or lewd nicknames. If you have to use punctuation or strange spellings to defeat the built-in censor, then it isn't a suitable nickname for the distribution.
  6. SV hatched and other shiny pokemon are welcome in the distribution. However, to keep the attention on competitive play and off aesthetics, this status will not be listed.

Kingdra (F)
Nickname: Queendra (for now)
Modest 252 HP / 84 Sp.Atk / 174 Speed
Swift Swim
OT: Lark
ID: 10537
Egg Moves: Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Energy
Note: I honestly can't remember why I EV'd this pokemon the way I did... :S However, I will be working closely with this pokemon for the season 6 special rated season, so I'll update this as I get more experience with it.

Smeargle (F)
Nickname: Helper Mon
Jolly 252 HP / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Speed
Moody (HA)
- Transform
- Spore
- Destiny Bond
- King's Shield
Note: (Can teach dark void on request) This smeargle was bred for a fun gimmicky team to work in conjunction with liepard and ditto. I have no idea why I originally chose jolly, but ehh. I guess you could use it in a real battle situation with fake out.

Lucario (M)
Nickname: Fist of Fury
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Justified (HA) > Adaptability
Egg Moves: Crunch, Bullet Punch, Follow Me
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
Note: This pokemon is designed to run a physical mega lucario set. The HA (justified) was chosen over inner focus to allow you to switch into dark type moves (i.e. knock off) for the attack boost.

Lucario (F)
Nickname: Ladycario
Adamant
Inner Focus
Egg Moves: Blaze Kick, Bullet Punch, Crunch, Follow Me
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit (Pre-evolution move)
- Feint
- Follow Me
Note: Speculative set, still in testing. Currently not recommended. Listing it because it's there, lol. Also, final gambit is a pre-evolution only move. If this lucario forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move re-learner to get it back.

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kissy Face
Bold 244 HP / 148 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 100 Sp.Def / 12 Speed
Serene Grace
Egg Moves: Nasty Plot, Morning Sun, Lucky Chant
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Follow Me (Pre-evolution move)
- Roost
Note: This togekiss provides huge utility as redirection support in battle spot doubles. Highly recommended. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move relearner to get it back.

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kiss Kiss
Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Super Luck (HA)
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
Note: I needed a specialized support togekiss for a prior competition that could provide speed control in addition to redirection support, so I bred this togekiss. For general purpose use, I would recommend the togekiss listed above. The only reason I'm even adding this to the distribution is because it might provide utility for the upcoming Fairy Face-Off competition, and Pyritie mentioned that they might want a super luck togekiss. I'll probably remove this togekiss after the competition is complete. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move re-learner to get it back.

Liepard (M)
Nickname: Troll Cat
Jolly 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Sp.Def
Prankster (HA)
- Assist
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Foul Play
Note: I bred this for a fun gimmick team to work in conjunction with smeargle and ditto. I have no idea why I'm even listing it, but ehh, maybe you could use it on a round team?

Jellicent (F)
Nickname: Squishy
Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Water Absorb
OT: Jaxon
ID: 36972
Egg Moves: Confuse Ray
- Water Spout
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
Special thanks to TeraVolt for the donation!

Landorus-T (M)
Nickname: N/A
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Intimidate
OT: Sterne
ID: 12345
Transfer Moves: Superpower, Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Superpower
Special thanks to Stellar for the donation!
Note: This pokemon is from Unova, NOT Kalos Born. Transfer Moves cannot be re-learned if they are forgotten, so take care when adjusting this pokemon's moveset!

Last edited:
Thanks very much! I'm always happy to know of and attach sentimental value to a Pokemon :D And of course, he is in a Dream Ball, how perfect!

Btw, is there a list or something of battle-ready Pokes you should like to receive? I'd like to contribute sometime but ... how do I put it ... many of the Pokemon I end up using are only suitable for niche roles, or to fit in a certain way in a certain team yes, I am occasionally a gimmicky piece of garbage so perhaps I would be less than likely to have appropriate Pokemon to donate.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Thanks very much! I'm always happy to know of and attach sentimental value to a Pokemon :D And of course, he is in a Dream Ball, how perfect!

Btw, is there a list or something of battle-ready Pokes you should like to receive? I'd like to contribute sometime but ... how do I put it ... many of the Pokemon I end up using are only suitable for niche roles, or to fit in a certain way in a certain team yes, I am occasionally a gimmicky piece of garbage so perhaps I would be less than likely to have appropriate Pokemon to donate.
I don't currently have a list of requests (that's actually a really good point). I'll discuss in PM with you, if that's okay. :)

EDIT: About gimmicks: please see the listed liepard set in the hide above ;-)

Hi EnGarde, I deposited a Bunnelby if you still have the Brave 0 Spe Mawile. It'll be used in the upcoming Fairy FaceOff tournament and would save me a ton of time breeding if you still have one. If not its all good.

I'd also love to help out again any way you need, either EVing and leving guys or taking on Battle Spot breeding project. Loving the way you guys are handling the forum now.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hi EnGarde, I deposited a Bunnelby if you still have the Brave 0 Spe Mawile. It'll be used in the upcoming Fairy FaceOff tournament and would save me a ton of time breeding if you still have one. If not its all good.
Don't worry, I won't run out of stock on any donated pokemon. I can clone, so when I'm low I just make more. ;)

Anyways, before I respond to the GTS, if you're interested, I just posted 2 togekisses you might be interested in, and I'm currently working on dedenne with eerie impulse (timid and bold). I might even be able to do a TR spread, if there's interest (though with such a high base speed, it seems a bit of a waste...) If you'd like, I can trade you copies of the 2 (mawile and togekiss) as a direct trade, since I'm actually online right now.

I'd also love to help out again any way you need, either EVing and leving guys or taking on Battle Spot breeding project. Loving the way you guys are handling the forum now.
If you're willing, I expect to be finished with the dedenne this evening (currently putting egg moves on now, then grinding parents up to flawless). I would appreciate EVing and leveling on the pair, if possible. The snag is I have no idea what EV spreads would be good for them (since I just felt like breeding dedenne, lol), so you'll have to use your best judgment.

Here's some advice based on the gardevoir you leveled and EV'd from the thread:

One more note. On a lot of Pokemon 4 EVs don't make a difference at level 30. For example, the above Garevoir is wasting EVs. The closest spread that actually utilizes them all is 252 HP/12 Def/232 SpA/12 SpDef.

You're losing two points in your final Special Attack but not wasting any EVs this way, and moving those two points into Defense and Special Defense instead. I doubt if you need those two offensive points for anything. At least I couldn't find any use for them when calcing Synchronoise scenarios (Showdown doesn't include this move in its calculator for some reason right now, but I manually put in a 120 BP Psychic move to check with).

Direct trade works fine, and I'd definitely be interested in the Togekiss. Don't quite know how the rest of my team will flow but this give me a huge start. Been weighing Utility Togekiss vs flinching Togekiss.

And I'd definitely be interested in trying something with the Dedennes; I can snag them tomorrow about this time if that works as I have most of the afternoon Friday to train and level.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Direct trade works fine, and I'd definitely be interested in the Togekiss. Don't quite know how the rest of my team will flow but this give me a huge start. Been weighing Utility Togekiss vs flinching Togekiss.

And I'd definitely be interested in trying something with the Dedennes; I can snag them tomorrow about this time if that works as I have most of the afternoon Friday to train and level.
Dude -.- I soo sorry, that egg was intended for someone else, can you send it back unhatched please? I'll send your pokes in a moment...

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Absolutely, I was wondering what the deal was, sorry.
I'm really really sorry about that. I'm doing a reddit giveaway where I give away eggs to people who match the TSV (that means it'll hatch shiny on their game). The person I'm trying to meet is a bit uncommunicative, so I've been waiting until they appear online. Their IGN is close to yours, so I thought you were them, lol.

EDIT: I'll need to go on pokebank before I can get your mawile. If the other person doesn't appear in 5 minutes, I'll go offline and be back with your mawile and togekiss. Did you want one with serene grace (standard), or the special one (HA super luck)?

I'm really really sorry about that. I'm doing a reddit giveaway where I give away eggs to people who match the TSV (that means it'll hatch shiny on their game). The person I'm trying to meet is a bit uncommunicative, so I've been waiting until they appear online. Their IGN is close to yours, so I thought you were them, lol.

EDIT: I'll need to go on pokebank before I can get your mawile. If the other person doesn't appear in 5 minutes, I'll go offline and be back with your mawile and togekiss. Did you want one with serene grace (standard), or the special one (HA super luck)?
The Serene Grace Togekiss looks great, thanks again man!

Edit: Thank you so much man, they'll be put to good use for sure. And as requested I'll upload battle videos of these guys in action in the tournament. I'll also hit the drawing board tomorrow on the Dedennes.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
The Serene Grace Togekiss looks great, thanks again man!
Ok, whew! Pokes delivered to their proper recipients, all's well that ends well. :D I'll drop you a line when I'm done breeding the pokes, and you can get back to me when you're ready to EV train them.

Also, any requests? I'm in a bit of a breeding mood right now, so if you want me to breed something else for the fairy comp, now's the time to ask, lol.

Ok, whew! Pokes delivered to their proper recipients, all's well that ends well. :D I'll drop you a line when I'm done breeding the pokes, and you can get back to me when you're ready to EV train them.

Also, any requests? I'm in a bit of a breeding mood right now, so if you want me to breed something else for the fairy comp, now's the time to ask, lol.
I have no requests as of yet; I already have an adamant Azumarill to use as well as a Klefki I was going to breed tomorrow. No idea who to use as my sixth.

Edit: Unaware/Magic Guard Clefable? Could be popular and I don't think I have any good spitbacks to make breeding one easy on my end.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I have no requests as of yet; I already have an adamant Azumarill to use as well as a Klefki I was going to breed tomorrow. No idea who to use as my sixth.

Edit: Unaware/Magic Guard Clefable? Could be popular and I don't think I have any good spitbacks to make breeding one easy on my end.
I can work on clefable. I also have great starting material for klefki: I got a spitback from WT the other day with the egg move switcheroo (which has a reeeeally long breeding chain to get). If I have time, I might work on that as well. :)

Togekiss (M)
Nickname: Kissy Face
Bold 244 HP / 148 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 100 Sp.Def / 12 Speed
Serene Grace
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
Note: This togekiss provides huge utility as redirection support in battle spot doubles. Highly recommended. Also, follow me is a pre-evolution only move. If this togekiss forgets that move, you cannot take the pokemon back to the move relearner to get it back
Could I have this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)