Exactly how nerdy are you?

Does anyone ever look at their collection of pokemon merchandise and feel like maybe the've gone overboard at some point?

Do you find yourself unable too discuss pokemon with newer fans (GO players) because as soon as you start explaining IVs their eyes go blank? And then get frustrated because you hadn't even gotten too natures?

Did you name your cat Meowth?

Okay I might not be THAT bad but sometimes I wonder where all the fans like me are... I know they're out there.

Personally i own 3 pokemon shirts, one of which is a team mystic logo shirt with a matching ball cap and back pack <.< ...

Outside of that i freequently drop a pokemon pun in unrelated conversation and then have too explain it...

Them: "Its insanely hot this week!"
Me: "Someone woke up Groudon..."
Them: "???"
Me: "sigh..."

Let me see..
I have about 150 Pokémon cards [counting fakes],
I have 15 Burger King Pokémon toys, [i got them trough some brazilian site that works like e-bay, and thankfully they were cheap]
I have played 9 Pokémon games before [11 counting spin-offs],
I have watched 2 entire seasons of the Anime,
And that's all.

I think i'm more than a nerd, i'm a Super Nerd!

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Pokemon Nerd, but going a bit overboard with Pokemon is probably better than going overboard with say, something else much worse (I'm looking at you bronies, etc.). I think the issue with finding other big Pokemon fans after you're outside of elementary school is not only that there are significantly fewer of us, but also because many are closet fans for the most part and don't really make it openly obvious in public.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've probably spent at least $1,500 on the Pokemon TCG since around March of this year. I tell all my friends that I'm still very big into Pokemon, and they're pretty cool with it, as a lot of them are too. I've never felt the need to conceal my love for it as an adult. I was a bit weirder about it as a kid, though.

Let me see..
I have about 150 Pokémon cards [counting fakes],
I have 15 Burger King Pokémon toys, [i got them trough some brazilian site that works like e-bay, and thankfully they were cheap]
I have played 9 Pokémon games before [11 counting spin-offs],
I have watched 2 entire seasons of the Anime,
And that's all.

I think i'm more than a nerd, i'm a Super Nerd!
I'm actually jealous O.O

I have 150 or so TCG cards, and would have more if I didn't stop collecting them in 2011 or so
I own at least one game from every generation
I have eight or so plushes
I have almost every boost and drop provided by every nature

As a 34yr old adult with a professional career, I have found complete sanctuary from the daily stress of the real world through my many hobbies.

I collect Marvel Legends, Hot Toys Iron Man, Transformers and (because I need me more articulation in my figs lol) D-Arts Pokémon.

I also am a founding member of the Toy Stars Collectibles group in San Diego who host 2 toy collector shows per year for the community.

I think we should all embrace our geek/neediness. The social stigma behind it is no longer what it was when many of us were kids.

Eh, that's difficult to measure....

Well, I draw Pokemon a lot it seems.
I have few PokeCen merchandise. Loving especially my life-size Fokko and Harimaron. Wants to add Gen7's sea puppy.
And I prefer to break gyms around and was actually disgusted by unscrupulous fellow teammates in GO when gym stagnation was a thing few weeks ago.

One bad thing is that I have yet to have the time to get Moon for my 3DS....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)