Fall Cup [Won by Yellow Paint!]

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Fall Cup!
artsies by Yoda2798 ty bae ♥_♥
approved by mizuhime and articblast

Welcome to a new tournament on the Doubles OU forum, called the Fall Cup! The Fall Cup is not a standard generic tournament, but it's a tournament that involves more than just Doubles OU!

In this tournament there will be 3 tiers played, the first game will always be Doubles OU, the second game will be Doubles Ubers and the third game will be Doubles BW!
The tournament is a best of 3, so if someone wins 2 games, the BW game will not be played! Games will always have to be played in that order.

Doubles OU Ruleset:
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle, thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry the move Recycle, and hold a Leppa Berry in conjuction with Heal Pulse, Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun,Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while using the ability Trace.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while using the move Assist.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while using the move Recycle, or the ability Harvest.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while using Trick, Switcheroo or Bestow.
- A Pokémon may not have the ability Magician and use Skill Swap.

Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize. Players may not use a Pokémon with the ability Sand Veil.

Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon while using the Moody ability.

OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill or Sheer Cold.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Pokémon Restrictions:
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
- Mewtwo
- Lugia
- Ho-oh
- Kyogre
- Groudon
- Rayquaza
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina
- Giratina-Origin
- Arceus
- Reshiram
- Zekrom
- Kyurem-White
- Xerneas
- Yveltal
- Shaymin-Sky

Move Restrictions:
Players cannot use the following moves:
- Dark Void
- Gravity in conjunction with any sleep move

Item Restrictions:
Players cannot use the following items:
- Salamencite
- Soul Dew

Doubles OU Resources:

Doubles Ubers Banlist and Resource thread:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ubers.3542746/
Pokémon from all six generations that are not unreleased nor illegal and do not share Pokédex number are allowed.
All released abilities that are not Moody are allowed.
All released items are allowed.
All moves but Dark Void and OHKO moves are allowed.
Combinations of moves, abilities, and items that cause battles to be endless are banned.
Team Preview is present.
Mega Rayquaza is NOT banned

BW Doubles Resources:

So yeah, sign up if you want to by posting "in". Sign-ups close by 27-10-2015
Sign-up list:
1. It Is Guest
2. checkmater75
3. Yoda2798
4. Yellow Paint
5. Mizuhime
6. shaian
7. xzern
8. Arcticblast
9. Edgar
10. Lord Qwilfish
11. clius
12. thetalkingtree
13. Paraplegic
14. -Tynamo-
15. n10sit
16. qsns
17. Kiyo
18. ElegyOfVGC
19. DaAwesomeDude1
20. thinkin
21. AuraRayquaza
22. Level 51
23. Stratos
24. Hashtag
25. Ruby.
26. DarkKnight2.6
27. pastelgameboy
28. Silverwhiteblue
29. Qazoo306
30. Lord Alphose
31. Crestfall
32. Joshz
33. Sharqi
34. Nido-Rus
35. GiraGoomy
36. Memoric
37. KillianVGC
38. Alice Kazumi
39. n1n1
40. Mishimono
41. Peli
42. Anttya

=======

This thread has been selected as part of the Medal Rally for Season 1, so it is strongly suggested that you sign up before sign-ups close if you want to win a medal! Here are the medals you can win for Season 1:

Fall Guy (1) - Win a match in the Fall Cup 2-0.
Fall From Grace (1) - Win a DUbers match in the Fall Cup.
Fallen Angel (1) - Win a BW match in the Fall Cup.
Falling Upwards (2) - Win two rounds of the Fall Cup.
Nuclear Fallout (2) - Win three rounds of the Fall Cup.

Good luck to all participants! —Level 51

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
in

excited to learn two new tiers, and maybe people trying doubles tiers other than ou will draw more people to uu too? it's not our fault that you don't like duu arctic ;-;

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not going to be playing in this but why is ubers over uu lol? I don't think ubers has half the player base that uu has and that isn't much to speak of. I guess exposure is nice but still.
I originally wanted to have DUU in this tour but Arcticblast said he rather had Ubers because we already recently had a DUU tour hosted by xzern and he feels like DUU is a bit too unexplored to play with for now. I tried to convince Arctic that DUU was better and eventually Arctic held a 2-3 hour poll in the Doubles room if they rather had DUU or Ubers. Ubers won it with 19 votes, whereas UU only had 10 votes. I still kind of disagree because we haven't had a lot of people voting, and most people who voted in the poll are not going to participate anyway. But I'm just fine with the hassle, the exposure for Ubers is great and it shakes the tour up a bit, because people haven't played it as much I guess \o/

by the way lets all just appreciate the art that Yoda2798 made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)