Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Smeargle is my lead so that he can lay down stick web and stealth rock. Stick web allows the team better overall speed especially Conkeldurr who is slow and bulky. Have not run into many problems using him as a lead but grass pokemon are a slight problem for the obvious reason of not being able to use spore.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Helps to provide coverage to pesky ice types as well as fighting, steel, grass types. As well as hitting many different things well overall such as Greninja. Pretty basic set for him swords Dance is nice if he can get it off but not needed. Roost allows him to regain his health from recoil but allows ground damage which is almost guaranteed KO if they predict it. Not a core member of the team but his great ability allows him to hit certain threats and take them out before they become a problem.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

One of the two core members of the team. When I was deciding to make a team I played around a little bit with different pokemon but when I started using him I really enjoyed using him and thought that he caught people off guard because he is not being used much now. Drain Punch is a great move to keep Conkeldurr alive and deal significant damage too. Mach Punch is great priority for revenge killing and just finishing off kills. Earthquake provides coverage and can be a powerful move when needed. Bulk up provides extra power and also is a turn in which to get the flame orb to go off and get the guts boost, as well as giving him extra bulk.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

Gliscor is mainly being used as a pivot in order to slow down over teams but if he gets set up right he can be a major problem for some teams. Toxic allows him to come in a whittle down certain threats and earthquake adds a nice power punch to finish some pokemon off.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Second pokemon that comprises the core of the team. I was worried that with the addition of the fairy type Garchomp would be significantly worse, but he is still a monster that just another building in his way. With the right support he will bring it down and he does. So far I have not had to much of a problem with fairy types. The main problme I would say is when he KO's something with Outrage and a fairy switches in because he is unable to switch out of outrage. Other than that pretty standard set in along with Conkeldurr's fighting moves his ground and dragon provide excellent coverage over just about everything except a flying fairy type.

Rotom-Wash @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The second defensive pivot of the team and a great pokemon all around. Rotom-Wash can come in on an ice, water, or fire attack and shrug it off like nothing. He also has the moves to deal with a wide variety of threats including flying types which are a bit of problem for the core of the team. Not sure how set I am on hidden power so wanted to get some thoughts on that.

General notes:
As a whole I am liking the team but definitely feel it could be better and don't have much experience of my own. I wanted to create a team that is not typical and causes my openents to have to think on their feet a little so that is the main reason I thought Conkeldurr would be perfect because I have not seen anyone else using him lately. Right now I am sitting at about 1600 with it which is much better than I was doing before this team. Some general concerns about the team would be fairy types which the just hopes it is able to withstand without too much damage at this point. Flying types can be a pain if Garchomp is locked into earthquake which is the preferable move since fairy types block outrage. Team is pre-bank just incase anyone was wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)