First Post and it's a RMT

Hey everybody, I'm CrossDragonZX and I've finally decided to join Smogon after lurking here for quite some time now. This is my first post and it's a RMT, so far this team is 10-3 on Shoddy and I feel it could improve some more. Suggestions and Comments are welcome. Changes are marked in Bold.

Tyranitar (♂) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Tyranitar, my Sandstreamer and EQ/Fighting Scout. It's back to a CBTar except with a few changes in it's EV Spread. This set was recommended to me by a friend, and it can take a Modest Gengar's Focus Blast, a Lucario's Aura Sphere, a NP Aura Sphere from Togekiss, and can take an EQ from ScarfChomp if it means anything. I decided Paralyzation won't mean much to Tyranitar as I can scout for it first now. The moves are standard otherwise.

---

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 52 HP/204 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-Turn
- Rest

Choice Scarf'd Celebi surprises many people. With this spread it outspeeds Jolly ScarfCross, and hurts other fighting types and what not. Leaf Storm has a 62.5% chance of OHKOing No SpDef 401 HP CMCune and can still 2HKO even after a CM. U-Turn helps scout while Rest abuses Celebi's Natural Cure.

---

Vaporeon (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Vaporeon, this thing goes along well with Gliscor. Predict a water attack to Gliscor and Absorb it, Grass Attacks are taken by Celebi while electric attacks Gliscor can take. It helps provide Wish Support to Celebi and TTar allowing them to last longer, while I ran Protect over Toxic/Roar to help Scout against Blisseys. Surf is for Stab and Ice Beam is for Dragons.
---

Gliscor (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang

Gliscor, my Physical wall who stops Heracross and ScarfChomps. Knock Off over Stealth Rock because it helps determining the hold item on a poke. EQ for Stab, Roost rids it nasty Flying weak for a turn and recovers HP while Ice Fang stops Dragons and provides the Flinch/Freeze hax.

---

Garchomp (♂) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk/240 Spd/252 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

ChainChomp, I love this thing and simply refuse to use ScarfChomp. This thing OHKOs Skarm and 2HKOs Zong and after a SD OHKOs Blissey with EQ. Draco Meteor 2HKOs most Physical Walls that switch in on this which makes it even more sexy.

---

Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My Mid to Late game Clean up. This is my first time using Lucario and I must say, this guy is awesome. Everything is Standard besides HP Ice which deals with Gliscor thinking it can wall it. HP Ice also deals with the Dragons switching in but Prediction is needed once more. I might actually run Crunch over HP Ice because I haven't seen many Gliscors come in on it yet.
---

Hey everybody, I'm CrossDragonZX and I've finally decided to join Smogon after lurking here for quite some time now. This is my first post and it's a RMT, so far this team is 10-3 on Shoddy and I feel it could improve some more. Suggestions and Comments are welcome.

K I will make some suggestions. Hi and welcome to smogon.

Tyranitar (♂) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Tyranitar, my Sandstreamer and EQ/Fighting Scout. If I think the other lead is slower, I'll usually attack with either Crunch/EQ/SE, Pursuit is for a revenge kill but I've been thinking I could use Ice Beam over it. I decided to run Max Speed because I got outsped by other TTars once.

Is max Speed neccesary? I think you should probably add some into HP before you set this thing loose. Because if you are running adamant than max spd is not important. Unless you wish to change it to jolly? moveset looks good

---

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 52 Def/204 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Since Celebi is ranked 1st place for the Average User, I've decided to be a bit more creative with this set. Choice Scarf and 204 Speed allows it to outspeed Jolly ScarfCross w/ 216 Spd EVs and nail it with a Psychic. Leaf Storm stops the Bulky Grounds and Waters and 2HKOs CMCune who would otherwise destroy this team. Shadow ball hits the other Psychics like Metagross and Cresselia while I originally had HP Fighting over U-Turn but U-Turn's served me better.

Does the psychic OHKO hera? Because he is still a lot of trouble. Also if it is a jolly heracross Im not sure you will outspeed it but anyway... Defenitely looks ok, any reason that you put those 52 evs in def and not just hp? Does Leaf Storm 2HKO Garchomp? That would be pretty cool, even if you do not outrun it. I really would put in a plus spd nature for those really faster heras, scarf gengar, and scarfchomp.

---

Swampert (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/148 Def/120 SAtk
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

MixPert, helps provide SR support and after that it can take status and other stuff. It's mostly here because of his awesome typing and I needed SR support.

fine

---

Gliscor (♂) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang

Looks good again, although I personally like aerial ace just for breloom and hera but the knock off and ice fang would work. But taunt and aerial ace could find there way here.

Gliscor, my Physical wall who stops Heracross and ScarfChomps. Knock Off over Stealth Rock because it helps determining the hold item on a poke. EQ for Stab, Roost rids it nasty Flying weak for a turn and recovers HP while Ice Fang stops Dragons and provides the Flinch/Freeze hax.

---

Garchomp (♂) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk/240 Spd/252 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

ChainChomp, I love this thing and simply refuse to use ScarfChomp. This thing OHKOs Skarm and 2HKOs Zong and after a SD OHKOs Blissey with EQ. Draco Meteor 2HKOs most Physical Walls that switch in on this which makes it even more sexy.

I like chain chomp. Very reliable killer, and can usually suprise a lot of people

---

Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My Mid to Late game Clean up. This is my first time using Lucario and I must say, this guy is awesome. Everything is Standard besides HP Ice which deals with Gliscor thinking it can wall it. HP Ice also deals with the Dragons switching in but Prediction is needed once more. I might actually run Crunch over HP Ice because I haven't seen many Gliscors come in on it yet.

Good way to deal with that annyoing gliscor factor. Keep HP ice imo. It helps too much to get rid of it. Of course maybe you could give it a nautral nature to help keep it strong

meh looks like a good team

^he has pert ffs

hp fire/ground on cele for steels imo

loom gives you trouble, you have to sac a poke to sleep and then kill with cele, and cele with no recovery in sand doesnt counter him very well, he can just keep subbing on your psychic and then kill with fp when you're at 40~

team would benefit from someone passing wishes.

Gorm did you know that CBmamoswine earthquake 2HKOs swampert, doing 70% a hit? so that isnt really a reliable counter, especially since it is faster than swampert. I would say use vaporeon. It has wish, baton pass, surf for mamoswine, ect. and could help the team a lot with the wish support, especially for gliscor since they go together pretty well

Hmm, I see what you mean on Mamoswine causing me a problem, but if it EQs I can use Celebi to counter and if it uses Ice Shard Swampert can take the hit somewhat. Also, Celebi outspeeds Choice Scarf Jolly Heracross and OHKOs with SR Support? I'm not exactly sure on that, I usually deal some damage to it first. Vaporeon seems like a good idea but I need SR support, so any ideas on that? HP Ground seems like a good idea on Celebi though for the Steels and Heatran. What should I replace though?

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hmm, I see what you mean on Mamoswine causing me a problem, but if it EQs I can use Celebi to counter and if it uses Ice Shard Swampert can take the hit somewhat.
Still, your opponent can outpredict you and you'll be down to a severely weakened Celebi, or Swampert, or both.

And the fact is, you DO have a 3x Ice weakness, which is a definite no-no. ChainChomp is cool, but it doesn't last long and doesn't contribute as much as your other members. You can replace it with Bronzong, which counters Mamoswine awesomely and Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen support doesn't hurt. It can also take special hits for you.

Still, your opponent can outpredict you and you'll be down to a severely weakened Celebi, or Swampert, or both.

And the fact is, you DO have a 3x Ice weakness, which is a definite no-no. ChainChomp is cool, but it doesn't last long and doesn't contribute as much as your other members. You can replace it with Bronzong, which counters Mamoswine awesomely and Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen support doesn't hurt. It can also take special hits for you.
Alright, Bronzong sounds pretty good.

Edit: Not sure what to replace for Bronzong though. I don't want to replace Celebi as it's saved my ass far too many times thanks to Scarf and it's my Leech Seed and Breloom resist.

Naive on Lucario to outspeed and OHKO mence, and actually OHKO glis due to no special attack drop. Rest>Shadow Ball on Celebi to work with prediction(it's a choice set) and abuse Natural Cure.

Naive on Lucario to outspeed and OHKO mence, and actually OHKO glis due to no special attack drop. Rest>Shadow Ball on Celebi to work with prediction(it's a choice set) and abuse Natural Cure.
Why didn't I think of that? :O Also, even with an Adamant Nature Hidden Power Ice OHKOs Gliscor. Though it might be worth outspeeding Mence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)