ORAS OU First RMT - Azumarill Offense

Yo this is my first RMT based around Belly Drum Azumarill with dual Fairy/Dragon/Steel and Fire/Water/Grass cores. I started playing competitive when XY came out and really started getting into it with ORAS. This is the team I've made the most success with on Showdown and I really enjoy playing with all of these mons. This team does well on the lower ladder but I definitely need help making improvements that will get me above 1500.

Azumarill
@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EV's: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Azumarill is the star of the team and serves as the primary win-con. It is the first part of both the Fairy/Dragon/Steel and Fire/Water/Grass cores. After BD Azumarill has over 1700 Atk and there isn't much that can switch into it at 6+. The spread allows it to outspeed uninvested base 70 mons and pops Sitrus after BD. Azumarill has a good amount of bulk and can switch into a number of hits before setting up, such as fire and fighting attacks directed at Ferrothorn or dark and dragon attacks meant for Latias. Huge Power makes Azumarill a threat even before BD and can make it an effective revenge killer with priority Aqua Jet. This can be used on weakened opponents early/mid game and even bluff a CB set to bait in mons that don't think you can set up or change moves before switching out.

Manectric
@ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod --> Intimidate
EV's: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Timid
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

M-Manectric is the fastest member of the team and serves as an offensive pivot and powerful special attacker. The EV spread is that of a standard special sweeper. Before mega-evolving Manectric is an electric check and can absorb predicted tbolts and volt switches aimed at Azumarill for a 1+ boost. After mega-evolving Manectric can weaken physical attackers like M-Lopunny with Intimidate and takes pressure off Ferrothorn. Flamethrower is chosen over Overheat to prevent a free turn of set up for my opponent on the predicted switch. Manectric is definitely not the most popular Mega in this meta but it has synergy with this team and can gain much needed momentum against Bulky Offense and HO.

Gengar
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Gengar is my suicide anti-lead and secondary fast special attacker. The EV spread is also that of a standard special sweeper. Taunt/Destiny Bond is not the most common set in this meta and is the main surprise factor of this team. Aside from being a fighting check for Ferrothorn, ground check for Manectric and threatening Fairy-types with STAB Sludge Wave, Gengar's job is to prevent entry hazards with Taunt and remove threats like Heatran and Zapdos with Destiny Bond. Though I generally like to wait before revealing Destiny Bond sometimes it helps to show it early on to force mind games against Sucker Punch users such as Bisharp and go for Shadow Ball on the predicted set up, status move or hard switch in response Destiny Bond. Focus Sash also gives Gengar the luxury of switching into any one attack, assuming there are no SR on the field, and taking that mon down next turn. Gengar serves a lot of purposes for this team despite being a suicide mon and sacrificing it mindlessly early on can be detrimental for the team later in the game.

Latias
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 72 HP / 184 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Latias is the offensive defogger and cleric of team. Latias is also makes up the second part of the Fairy/Dragon/Steel core. The HP investment prevents the 2HKO from HP Ice from LO Thundurus, max speed for threats like Keldeo and forcing opposing Gengar, Latias and Latios to rely on winning speed ties 1v1 and the rest is dumped into SpAtk for offensive presence. Defog is to clear the field of SR for Talonflame and T-Spikes to prevent stall from wearing the team down. Healing Wish is there if another member of the team is crippled by status and generally allows for more aggressive plays early/mid game. Latias also serves as a soft special wall and takes fire and fighting hits for Ferrothorn, electric attacks aimed at Azumarill and water moves for Talonflame. Although noticeably weaker than Latios, I prefer Latias for HW support and Draco still hits hard can allow for Azumarill or Talonflame to revenge kill without setting up.

Ferrothorn
@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpDef
Nature: Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head

The bulkiest mon on this team, Ferrothorn, is the main answer to physical attackers by punishing them with chip damage. It is the second part of the Fire/Water/Grass core and completes the Fairy/Dragon/Steel core. The EV spread is designed to maximize physical bulk while avoiding the OHKO from HP Fire by M-Diancie. Ferrothorn's typing allows to take dark and psychic attacks for Gengar and Latias. The moveset is catered to the needs of the team with Stealth Rock for entry hazard support, Thunder Wave for speed control to take pressure off Azumarill relying on Aqua Jet to hit faster mons, Leech Seed for passive damage and recovery for both Ferrothorn and the rest of the team if it switches out, and Iron Head to prevent being Taunt bait. Iron Head is chosen over Gyro Ball for more PP and has synergy with T-Wave for para-flinch hax shenanigans. Ferrothorn is a bit of a momentum killer but its typing fits the team and Leech Seed can rack up a lot of passive damage with Iron Barbs & SR and force switches giving Ferrothorn greater longevity. In fact I often find myself going for Leech Seed before SR just to put more pressure on my opponent early game.

Talonflame
@ n/a
Ability: Gale Wings
EV's: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Talonflame completes the Fire/Water/Grass core and is the main revenge killer and secondary win-con of the team if Azumarill goes down. The EV spread is designed to outspeed Quick Attack from M-Pinsir and burn Garchomp before it can set up or attack, with the rest being poured into HP and Atk for bulk and offensive presence. Gale Wings is an amazing ability that gives Talonflame priority offense and recovery, making it one of the most effective revenge killers in the tier. Acrobatics is chosen over Brave Bird to extend longevity from a lack of recoil and give Talonflame the ability to switch in on predicted a Knock Off and burn, attack or Roost off the damage next turn.

Threatlist:

Bisharp
: Bisharp has a lot of opportunities to abuse Defiant with Defog Latias and Intimidate M-Manectric. It can also play around Destiny Bond Gengar if it sets up Sword Dance and attacks on the right turns. Ferrothorn is the main answer to Bisharp but it relies on passive damage with Leech Seed and Para-flinching with T-Wave/Iron Head, but is OHKO'd by 2+ Knock Off and Sucker Punch.

Heatran: Heatran is always a pain for this team by merit of its bulk, typing and wide movepool. Azumarill has to set up to OHKO with Aqua Jet and has to risk the burn from Lava Plume, Toxic or super effective hit from Flash Cannon. Gengar is the main answer to Heatran by taking it down with Destiny Bond.

Zapdos
: Zapdos running Toxic / Heat Wave / Volt Switch / Roost walls this entire team. Outside of Taunt/Destiny Bond Gengar there is little I can do against this variant.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any and all criticism and feedback on the team!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)