First Unova Team

This will hopefully be my competitive Unova team, I have not sorted out what items to use just yet. And overall this is very rough. I was very amature when I used to do competitive battling on Smogon, but I was a very fast learner and maintained a good Win/Loss ratio in the Diamond and Pearl Generation, however, I have not battled competitively in some time.

Hydreigon w/ Choice Scarf
Timid Sp Att 252 Speed 252 HP 4
Ability: Levitate
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Surf
Flamethrower / Focus Blast

Chosen to go with high powered STAB attacks in Dragon and Dark Pulse, Surf as a high powered water move that I thought my team is lacking and lastly Flamethrower should deal against any Bug or Ice types thrown against it, however, Focus Blast is more of a raw attacking move and Flamethrower might be covered from my Chandelure. This will hopefully be my opener or just a mid-battle sweeper. This is based a bit around my old Gengar opener.

Chandelure w/ Life Orb
Modest Sp Att 252 Speed 252 HP 4
Ability: Flame Body
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Psychic / Calm Mind

A second Special Attacker, again should work as a sweeper. A couple of Calm Mind's should make the STAB attacks OHKO's. Not sure about this moveset however. Flame Body over Flash Fire as I don't believe there will be any fire attacks on Chandelure.

Haxorus w/ Life Orb
Adamant Att 252 Speed 252 HP 4
Ability: Mold Breaker
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
X-Scissor / Shadow Claw / Brick Break

Similar to my old Tyranitar, choice band and an Adamant Nature should make it even more fearsome in Attack also since the base speed is pretty decent. First 3 moves are pretty necessary, with Dragon Dance a must to make Outrage OHKO most of the time. Not sure about the last move slot.

Bisharp w/ Choice Scarf
Jolly Att 252 Speed 252 Def 4
Ability: Inner Focus
X-Scissor
Night Slash
Iron Head
Aerial Ace

Again not really sure about this one. Gone for increased speed so I can get some Swords Dances in, then with STAB attacks and Aerial Ace to sort out any Fighting types with would have a x4 effectiveness. Chances of stats being lowered aren't that great, so Inner Focus has higher priority over Defiant.

Carracosta w/ Chesto Berry
Relaxed/Impish HP 252 Def 144 Att 112
Ability: Solid Rock
Aqua Tail
Stone Edge
Rest
Iron Defense

This one, is most likely to be replaced. I couldn't find a good Physical Wall that I liked. 2 STAB attacks and a Chesto Berry to give it a free Rest. Can spam a couple of Iron Defenses. Solid Rock over Sturdy as I believe Carracosta should survive any OHKO's as it is and the x4 from Grass seems like a higher threat.

Ferrothorn w/Leftovers
Sassy HP 252 Att 4 Sp Def 252
Ability: Iron Barbs
Spikes
Power Whip
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed

This should work well. Try and prioritise both spikes and stealth rock and then leech seed, then Power Whip STAB them.

As you can tell I find it a lot easier to do my Attackers than the Walls, so help there would be greatly appreciated. Again this is still a work in progress and a bit rushed so any constructive criticism is needed.

You can only pick two moves out of spikes, leech seed, and stealth cocks on Ferrothorn.

I would replace Carracosta, have you tried Gliscor as a physical wall?

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
244 HP / 210 Def / 56 Speed

-Protect
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance / Fling / Toxic
-Ice Fang / Acrobat / Taunt

Passive healing with protect is nice for any wall. In the slashed section the first slash goes with the first and the second goes with the second (i.e. Swords Dance + Ice Fang, Fling + Acrobat, ect) so it's actually 3 different sets that all use the same Ev's. Try them out and pick your favorite.

After a few games, Carracosta is not proving to do very well.

I do like the look of Gliscor, so I might try that out thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)