Fix My Team

Okay, this one's a bit different. I know that team is weak to pretty much anything, as pure Sandstorm oriented teams tend to be. The trick is that you are not to suggest changes in Pokemon, I will just disregard those, unless they also come with nicknames I like (Unlikely. ) Instead I request good EV spreads and surprise moves to take down whatever otherwise ruins that team.

Black Hippo Down (Hippowdon) (♀) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang

Better EV spread is welcome, but that one's still okay because it decently takes on Heracross hits now. Heracross hates Toxic even with Guts with Hippowdon, Sandstream and Gliscor running around, by the way.

NICE BOAH (Tyranitar) (♂) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 82 HP/252 Atk/176 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Gurren Lagann (Rhyperior) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hard Rock
EVs: 252 HP/56 Atk/82 Def/120 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

I now know why that thing took more damage than expected, it had Lighting Rod. Whee.

Weighted Companion Cube (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch

A good EV spread for utilizing Knot would be nice. I kind of want to have Explosion somewhere.

Facehugger (Gliscor) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 ATK / 252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Earthquake

Works in tandem with Magnezone to get rid of overeager Skarmory.

Apollo 13 (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/200 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Explosion is a good move. I need more speed though, Blissey of all things outspeeds me.

We can't really help you if you won't let us switch pokes around.

With that said, I recommend you add Stealth Rock on there somewhere: remove toxic for it on hippo, or remove Aerial Ace for it on Gliscor.

Love the nicknames
More or less the reason the Pokemon are not changing. I want to use Holy Protein somewhere too, but can't really fit Wobbuffet in that team.
Crisas, that is a good example of what not to do in this thread - I know what beats them, hence I'm asking if anyone can come up with gimmicks. Milotic and Starmie are way better examples, though.
And there's no way Shed Skin Skarmory is "walking over" my team, neither is Heatran doing anything to it. The only Pokemon without a Ground move are Rhyperior and Metagross and both of those are very well know for running Earthquake, how the fuck is Heatran going to get in in the first place.

If you can think of a nice nickname for it, you might want to consider Empoleon with Grass Knot or HP Grass.

You might want to change that Rhyperior moveset. Having only 1 attack and 1/3 of a change tot attack with Sleep Talk makes it way to easy to switch in for those bulky waters. I don't think you should run Swords Dance on him anyway. Seeing as your team doesn't have much Water cover, you probably just want to hit as hard as you can. Slapping a CB on him might be the way to go. If you keep Swords Dance, make sure he can survive a Starmie Surf.

Grass Knot on Metagross works nicely to surprise Swampert, but maybe Explosion over Ice Punch just to be sure other waters don't bully him.

Even though you like it, I'd take Explosion off of Magnezone. Blissey doesn't really scare your team anyway and you can put Light Screen or Toxic (Thunder Fang/Crunch for Gyara/Starmie > Toxic on Hippo) over it. Making it a Sleep Talker instead of Rhy is also a possibility.

4 of your team are weak to ground, and the other 2 to ice... "Hello, my name is Mamoswine". Mamoswine + Heatran means disaster.

Heatran gets killed by either a unexpected Earthquake or Magnezone. Mamoswine has quite some trouble switching in with all those strong attacks.

Heatran gets killed by either a unexpected Earthquake or Magnezone. Mamoswine has quite some trouble switching in with all those strong attacks.
Heatran RAPES magnezone with Fire Attack X, Y or Z. Or Earth Power.

Remove Toxic from the Hippo for Stealth Rock.

Hey, I was going to type up something polite since I am asking for help but since there's a rule of it
Surgo said:
Try to solve problems "Gyarados walks all over you" is not what we're looking for. If you identify a weakness within a team, try to give a few ideas on how to fix it.
I think I can reply with something along the lines of I KNOW THE FUCKING TYPE CHART, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, AND NEITHER DO I NEED SOME DUMBASS TO REMIND ME WHAT POKEMON IS WHAT TYPE, AS YOU WOULD NOTICE IF YOU WEREN'T RETARDED AND APPARENTLY UNABLE TO READ THAT DAMN FIRST POST.
Also whoever suggested that Heatran may ever beat this team should bang his head to the nearest wall for every Pokemon more likely to beat this team than Heatran (Hint: About 400 times.)
Those with enough mental capacity to properly help with Pokemon teams, thanks. I value Toxic on Hippowdon as it forces various things to Rest, and my team isn't exactly the best one for Blissey to switch on and Heal Bell, but Stealth Rock support is invaluable. I'll replace Aerial Ace with that for Gliscor (or over Ice Fang for Hippowdon) I suppose. Good Metagross EV spreads will be appreciated, and I might get Explosion over Ice Punch, it was there to begin with because I was too paranoid about the Dragons.

Hi. Mi name is swampert i can sweep all you team. If you wanna beat me put HP grass in magnezone and gras knot in metagross please.

I did some calculations for Metagross. With 148 SpA EV's Neutral nature, a Suicune with 252 HP/0 SpD Neutral nature is always a 2HKO (due to Sandstorm). You need 220 SpA EV's too 2HKO without Sandstorm. Standard Spinning Starmie is also always a 2HKO with 148 SpA EV's. Swampert is always a 2HKO (or you'd need 252 SpA EV's +Nature Life Orb), but Milotic is only a 3HKO.

The remaining EV's (-252 in Attack) should go in either HP or Speed. With a Neutral nature and 104 Speed EV's Metagross safely outspeeds Milotic. Suicune needs about 132 EV's for safety, but it you have Stealth Rock support, you could take those from SpA and still have the 2HKO.

So, I'd say either 252 Atk/148 SpA/104 Spe or 252 Atk/120 SpA/132 Spe, both with neutral Spe and SpA nature.

I'm not all that with EV's, so I'd might be a little off =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)