The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
You just keep saying things that don't make any sense. Why do you insist on representing yourself this way? Are you stupid?
I say it's rather stupid of you to call someone out on a show they did not particularly enjoy nor cared about as much, considering the only two shows you even have watched that exist on your MAL are Neon Genesis and One Piece. The guy just wanted to know what shows to watch and you're calling him out for not enjoying a show you did. Let's not go there. If you need to, move this to your profile or in a private conversation. Also the topic of this thread is about the latest anime that are coming out, so let's keep it at that.

On a different note, having caught up to Samurai Flamenco earlier this week, I highly recommend everyone to take the time to watch this one. It is really good and it's probably the only show that can arguably compete with KLK for best anime this season. Though I KLK has a slight edge over SF due to a plot point that occurs in SF that makes things a little bland for an episode or three.

well noted :) Just updated a little of my MAL (click the sig link to check it out). Personally enjoying the fact that SAO season 2 has been confirmed on anichart for summer airing. Digressing: is Nisekoi worth the time to watch? I've heard mixed reviews of it.

Acklow

I am diving into the manga atm and it seems rather like a cliche rom com. I can't really tell you if it is worth watching or not, but if that's your cup of tea, then go for it.

Nisekoi is basically Love Hina with much cuter girls. If you liked Love Hina back then, you should enjoy Nisekoi fairly easily. With that said, it's nothing really new AKA standard comrom. But the thing is: IT SELLS. It is pretty popular in Japan (because over there romcoms sell like hotcakes apparently) and the anime is really well done. If you're looking for something lighthearted in the romcom genre, you might really like it. Just don't expect it to have a conclusion, because the manga is still ongoing with the end nowhere in sight (again, because it is really popular apparently).

while golden time has overall not been great (at least not on toradora level), I really liked the most recent episode. Made me well up a bit which is always a good thing

glad I stuck with #teamlinda fuck koko

RODAN

Banned deucer.
im just sad golden time and klk only have 2 episodes left a pop, its been a journey 2 say the least

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd say eva just because it's shorter (unless you are only going to watch the first Code Geass) that way you'll encounter both of them sooner than if you watch Code Geass first. It's also pretty sweet but shinji is literally top 5 worst anime characters ever created

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
And if you haven't watched Evangelion OR Gurren Lagaan, watch Giant Robo; the Day the Earth Stood Still and G Gundam first.

I've seen TTGL, and if I watch Code Geass, I'm watching all of the anime and whatever movie adaptations people recommend (same with Evangelion)

Sorry, I thought this was your intro to the genre. If you're already familiar with the genre, then either one's fine. I'd still recommend Code Geass because it's much better IMO.

If you don't want to like the main character, I highly recommend Evangelion. If, for some unknown reason, you happen to be one of the very few people on this planet who want to actually like the main character of an anime, you watch Geass.

2 episodes into Code Geass so far, and it seems very interesting.

Any movies that are a must-watch after this, or not really? There are also two "seasons", if I'm not mistaken?

Acklow

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.

There's also Code Geass: Akito the Exiled movies but they're less dialogue intensive and more or less a bunch of action scenes poured into creating a narrative.

R2 has one of the best endings an anime could ask for. As for the first season... I honestly hate re-living it but it's still good. I won't spoil anymore than that.

The first season of Geass is actually a lot better than the second one in my opinion, simply because it doesn't feel like simply every other mecha anime. It makes up for it with an really amazing ending though.
I guess I shouldn't say more than that, if you want to discuss it, feel free to spam spoiler boxes after you're done watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)