Generation 1 Glitch Pokemon

When the topic of glitch Pokemon is brought up, especially involving generation 1, people instantly think of Missingno. Unfortunately, Missingno. is purposefully programmed into the game, which means it isn't technically a glitch Pokemon.

Today, I would like to share my knowledge of glitch Pokemon found in Red and Blue. I will be explaining glitch Pokemon obtainable without hacking. I will also like to state that these glitches are obtainable without the Johto guard glitch. To summarize, these are all obtainable by normal means with just one game.

First off is the "sister" to Missingno., 'M.
Description: 'M has a very high attack stat, while the rest of the stats are dismal, just like Missingno. 'M also has an almost completely identical movepool to Missingno., with one or two moves being different between the two.
Cry: 'M has a cry similar to Zapdos, except it's more of a loud ear-piercing screech.
Method to obtain: The "old man glitch" will sometimes yield 'M instead of Missingno. There are many other ways to obtain one, but this is the easiest.
Dangers: One variant, dubbed "Charizard 'M", functions as the cancel button. Charizard 'M can "hide" Pokemon in your party and PC because it functions as the "Cancel" button, causing the hidden Pokemon to corrupt.
Fun uses: Another variant of Charizard 'M assumes the moves and stats of a different Pokemon. I managed to create a Charizard 'M with the stats of Mewtwo.

Before I continue, I strongly recommend you research how to perform the Mew Glitch. The next few glitches are obtainable using the extended version of the Mew Glitch.

Next up is ▶ A, which will be referred to as simply "A".
Description: A causes the screen to glitch in-battle, changing an entire block to the color red. A has a speed stat that's a meager 2 base points slower than speed Deoxys, but the rest of the stats are dismal (base 40 or less). A has a particularly interesting movepool. A's type is normal/normal, meaning it takes 4x supereffective damage from fighting types.
Cry: A's in-battle cry is identical to the sound sing makes.
Method to obtain: Extended Mew Glitch with a special stat of 191.
Dangers: A is pretty safe for a glitch Pokemon.
Fun uses: A can learn the move transform via level up, which when paired with its base 178 speed, makes it a better transformer than Ditto (generation 1) or Mew. It also learns guillotine and hydro pump via level up.

I shall now explain a. Please note this one is lowercase.
Description: a is a hybrid of Poliwhirl, meaning it shares the same stats and type, but not necessarily the same moves. Its name is actually so long that you'll have to click through multiple lines of blank text before the letter a even appears.
Cry: Glitch noise
Method to obtain: Extended Mew Glitch with a special stat of 192.
Dangers: as early as level 13, it attempts to learn the extremely volatile and dangerous glitch attack, "Super Glitch". At other levels, it will completely freeze your game, making it difficult to even level a up.
Fun uses: Not too many, due to how difficult a is to level. If traded to Pokemon Yellow version, it can be evolved into a different glitch Pokemon.

Next on the list is the overpowered ゥ .4, which will be referred to as simply .4.
Description: .4 has a massive defense stat, sitting at base 209. This is further boosted by the hefty base 179 HP it has. It can never receive STAB, as the primary type is "Pokemaniac" and the secondary type is random glitch text.
Cry: The sound a Pokeball makes when it rocks to one side.
Method to obtain: Extended Mew Glitch with a special stat of 194.
Dangers: If you haven't registered Magneton as at least "seen" in your Pokedex, a never ending glitch song will play when you see its Pokedex entry upon capture. .4 also learns Super Glitch as a start attack, so it is recommended (by me) for you capture it with a Master Ball. You DO NOT want a wild Pokemon to attempt to use Super Glitch.
Fun uses: Once it forgets Super Glitch, it becomes the best defense Pokemon in generation 1. Unfortunately, it doesn't learn too many interesting moves to use off its base attack stat, which is the higher offense stat.

Moving along, I will now describe h POKe.
Description: h POKe is a glitched hybrid of Gengar, sharing the same stats, type, palette color, and start moves. It learns only two moves via level up, one of which is the glitch attack "HM02". HM02 is a 177 base damage attack with only a 6% chance to hit the target, but it also drains health. Spooky, eh?
Cry: Always changes. Usually a glitched version of the last Pokemon cry that played before h POKe has been viewed.
Method to obtain: Extended Mew Glitch with a special stat of 195.
Dangers: If Gengar hasn't been registered as caught in your Pokedex, you end up locked in a neverending string of glitch noise once you view its Pokedex entry upon capture. h POKe's cry can freeze the game on rare occasion.
Fun uses: HM02 wrecks everything it hits, should it actually manage to hit the opponent. If you can somehow level it up to level 225, it will try to evolve into Gloom.

Last up on this list is my favorite glitch Pokemon, ゥL ゥM 4, which will be referred to as LM4.
Description: LM4 is a glitched hybrid of Poliwrath, sharing the same type and base stats. When you view its stats, a drastically slowed down version of the Pallet Town theme will play. At level 18, it will attempt to evolve into a Clefairy, then directly afterwards, it attempts to evolve into Nidoking.
Cry: A short glitch noise in-battle.
Method to obtain: Extended Mew Glitch with a special stat of 198.
Dangers: LM4 will attempt to learn Super Glitch multiple times via level up. Otherwise, it's one of the safer glitch Pokemon.
Fun uses: At a very early level, LM4 learns the glitch attack "TM05", which raises evasion by two stages. It also learns swords dance, teleport, and a myriad of other fun moves. Another glitch attack it can learn, TM09, has 255 base power and causes the user to faint. Unfortunately, TM09 only has 33% accuracy. Lastly, LM4's weird evolution pattern allows you to legally make a Clefable or Nidoking with illegal moves.

You may be wondering why I haven't described the glitch Pokemon sitting at special numbers 193, 196, 197, and 199. The glitch Pokemon that appear at these numbers either freeze your game upon encounter, or they're inferior clones of a different glitch Pokemon. Special stats of 200 or above will cause trainer battles to start instead of a Pokemon encounter.

Under no circumstance should you attempt to battle someone other than an NPC using a glitch Pokemon, otherwise you risk corrupting your game and the other player's game.

Super Glitch is extremely volatile and dangerous. It can do something as tame as wasting a turn to something as destructive as corrupting your save file. It also has a myriad of wild effects, one of which corrupts you party, the overworld, and all trainer battles, temporarily creating an unlimited amount of undocumented glitch Pokemon until your game eventually freezes. It can also bring up the text that GHOSTs tell you when you try to battle them.

Super Glitch once caused a glitched Pokemon called "OISONPOWDERLAMP" to lead my party during the glitch world effect. It was level 187 and all of its moves were hi-jump kick.

Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please leave a comment.

Something else interesting that occurs with a lot of glitch Pokemon:

If you view a glitch Pokemon's stats while it is in the PC and it makes the cry of a Rhydon, withdrawing the Pokemon from your PC turns it into a Rhydon hybrid.

If this unstable Rhydon hybrid is left in the daycare, it converts into a regular Rhydon.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
You forgot 'Q, the hybrid maker

I forgot the Pokemon stat needed for it, but you do the ditto glitch like normal, and you encounter it, it has a either silent, or a long beepy cry, it's effects are:
Invert sprites and very glitchy sprites
HYBRIDS
Pikachu Surf w/o event
HYBRIDS

Hybrid Effects: If you have a hybrid, you can mix 3 Pokemon in to a powerful freak of nature...

To fuse them, you need a throwaway, and inheriter, and a Pokemon to giVe moves

So rattata, pikachu and lapras will be sufficient...

MissingnoXpert made a great video on it
You can fuse a Pokemon with surf with pikachu, and you can surf, and inherit moves from the surfer, like ice beam or hydropump, along with your pikachu moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)