Multifaction/FFA Genius Game - Grand Final - Main Match 3 (Draft Mafia)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm setting the time for Writing to be at 5 PM PST on Sunday.

Due to zorbees wanting to push logic back a bit I'll say that Math will move up to 1 PM PST on Sunday, and I'll move Logic to 2 PM PST. zorbees Isa let me know if that still works for you.

DLE and ifm can hopefully do History tomorrow night. If Flyhn and ItzViper482 can do around 2:45 PST on Sunday (aka right after Logic is over), that would be ideal. Any time before the Writing honestly.

UncleSam

Leading this village
zorbees bested isa in a very close Logic challenge, and viper bested Flyhn in Pass Code, so Team zorbees is the winner! Writing will still take place for garnets / it could well influence voting on deathmatch stuff.

Ggs all

UncleSam

Leading this village
The Writing challenge is over, with zorbees winning over DLE by 4 off the strength of the +5 from the bonus (results here).

Submissions:
DLE: here
zorbees: here

I would note that, officially, these results impact LightWolf and Asek, neither of whom showed up for the challenge at the specified time.

It is now time for voting.

The players on Team LightWolf, namely Da Letter El, LightWolf, Isa, Flyhn, and VigilanteVigoroth, now have to vote for who they thought was the best player on their team (or contributed the most to the teams' success), and for who they thought was the worst player (or contributed the least). You may not vote for the same player for both (lol), and you may not vote for yourself for best.

DLE has a +1 vote for the best vote, and will win ties. DLE is not eligible for the worst vote. These bonuses are due to winning his individual task.

All players on Team zorbees, with the exception of idiotfrommars, have earned immunity. They are not eligible for being selected for the death match by the death match candidate.

Please send in votes ASAP, but I will be closing voting in 22 hours (or at 5 PM PST) tomorrow regardless.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Alright well LightWolf has chosen Flyhn to be his death match opponent. I'll give you two 24 hours to schedule something and if not I'll set a time for Thursday or Friday. Try to see if you can agree on a game to play.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Yo guys have you contacted each other at all

I'm gonna say 1 PM PST on Saturday is the death match time unless you two agree on a different time. If this doesn't work for you then message the other person and find a time that does.

UncleSam

Leading this village
LightEolf didn't show up Saturday or Sunday o I'm gonna say show up tonight or I'll seriously think about DQing you

At least respond to my PMs and give a time when you can do the Dm

UncleSam

Leading this village
Well LightWolf lucker doge won Treasure Map in a record 3 moves lol

LightWolf - Today at 9:10 PM
move to B5 and scan

UncleSum - Today at 9:12 PM
flyhn your turn

unless someone digs you dont have to wait

Flyhn - Today at 9:12 PM
Move E2 and scan

to submit your next move

the game can only end on a dig so

Mkay

LightWolf - Today at 9:12 PM
I say after we each say a movement the other one is free to say theirs, it's a waste of time waiting on US to say whose turn

oh he said that

ya ofc

LightWolf - Today at 9:12 PM
while I typed it up

lol

Mkay

UncleSum - Today at 9:13 PM
lightwolf

its your turn

LightWolf - Today at 9:13 PM
D2 scan

Flyhn - Today at 9:14 PM
H4 and scan

LightWolf - Today at 9:16 PM
Dig on F2

UncleSum - Today at 9:16 PM
gg lol

LightWolf - Today at 9:16 PM
shit did I blow

Flyhn - Today at 9:16 PM
Seriously.. he found mine on the 2nd turn

UncleSum - Today at 9:16 PM
tfw flyhn went to his row and lw immediately found the opposite mind

mine*

rip

LightWolf - Today at 9:17 PM
yeah I was gonna run around looking for the mine

Flyhn - Today at 9:17 PM
sigh

lol

I spent a good 3 minws

Flyhn - Today at 9:17 PM
Lucked big time

questioning US

that I wasn't an idiot

UncleSum - Today at 9:17 PM
that was

so lucky

lol

UncleSam

Leading this village
I have an actuarial exam on Friday, and will post the next main match Friday night. Sorry for the delay - I just don't really have much time right now.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Unfortunately the two ideas I'm stoked about are too hard to handle with 9 so we are gonna do the simple idea for this round.

Main Match 9 - Pokemon Battle Royale

Ya, let’s just do this.

Send me any Pokemon with any moveset. I will reveal every pick, but nothing about movesets outside of level and gender.

The Royale will last for as many rounds as possible until there is one Pokemon left standing. I will make everything public - the players' move selections, targets, and my own randomized rolls in #circus every 24 hours.

I’ll say you all have 48 hours to send me Pokemon picks and movesets. However, you can also buy certain bonuses with garnets:

1 garnet - Buy an extra moveslot
2 garnets - Buy an extra item (please nothing that conflicts with another item you hold)
6 garnets - Buy a second Pokemon

I'll give 2 garnets for each KO, 3 garnets for surviving past the halfway point (aka making it to the top four), and 4 garnets each to the players who survive the longest and directly deal the most damage (directly meaning via direct attacks). I'll also give a token of life to the player who does the best according to the following criteria:
Your points total will be based off of your final placement in the standings (1st through 9th), and the Smogon tier of the Pokemon you select. Note that if you select a level 1 Pokemon, it's tier will be assumed to be UU.

For every tier down from Anything Goes (Uber, OU, BL, UU, etc.), you will deduct one point from your score. Whoever has the lowest score will win (so, if you come in third with a UU Pokemon you will have 3 - 4 = -1 points, thus having a better score than someone who placed first with an Uber Pokemon). I will give six garnets to the winner based on points, 4 to second, and 2 to third. I will also give a second token of life to the winner based on points to give to any player he or she selects.

The loser will also be based on points. That will be the deathmatch candidate.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)