Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Taken over from I like donkeys

i am satan​

QC: AM | TheEnder | Jukain
GP: Psywaves | P Squared

Overview
########

Blessed with the coveted ability Shadow Tag, Gothitelle is one of the most reliable trappers since only Ghost-types and opposing Shadow Tag users are immune to it, making it a valuable asset to any teammates that have trouble with some Pokemon and would like them removed. Gothitelle also demolishes stall with its ability to stop switches and cripple bulky Pokemon such as Chansey and Clefable with Trick, and in this sense it is like an opposite Wobbufet, as Gothitelle eliminates stall cores whilst Wobbufet beats offensive ones. In addition, it's quite flexible and can be changed to suit the team's needs. On the other hand, Psychic is not a great defensive typing, being weak to Knock Off, especially when Gothitelle is extremely reliant on its item for Speed, power, or crippling. It is also easily dealt with or taken advantage of after being Choice-locked into a move. Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Scizor can come in on a Gothitelle locked into Psychic and pick it off with Pursuit, and Landorus-T can come in on a Gothitelle locked into Thunderbolt and gain momentum using U-turn. An abysmal Speed stat, even in conjunction with a Choice Scarf, means that Gothitelle fails to outspeed key threats such as Mega Lopunny and Mega Gyarados at +1, and a lackluster base 95 Special Attack means Gothitelle is quite often dead weight against offense. Finally, an increase in popularity of VoltTurn cores, Pursuit, and Knock Off makes Gothitelle a liability on many teams.

Literally Satan
########
name: Literally Satan
move 1: Calm Mind / Hidden Power Fire
move 2: Trick
move 3: Rest
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock
ability: Shadow Tag
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

This set utilizes Gothitelle's ability to trap foes to act as a revenge killer and a crippler to stall teams. Calm Mind lets Gothitelle boost up its Special Attack and Special Defense stats, particularly in the face of weaker defensive foes such as Ferrothorn and Chansey, and allows it to break the Pokemon it can trap, such as Clefable, as well as having a chance to sweep. Trick is used to cripple the aforementioned stall Pokemon as well as Pokemon that may pose a threat to your team and force ridiculously easy setup opportunities. Rest keeps Gothitelle healthy whilst setting up with Calm Mind and also PP stalls Pokemon such as Chansey. Psychic is an option to hit physically defensive Pokemon, notably Ferrothorn, which is 2HKOed by +6 Psychic after Stealth Rock, whilst Psyshock can be used to deal with specially defensive foes such as Chansey and Tentacruel. Hidden Power Fire is an option over Calm Mind to beat bulky Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory faster.

Set Details
========

Shadow Tag lets Gothitelle trap and eliminate a wide array of Pokemon. 80 HP EVs let Gothitelle avoid the 3HKO from Seismic Toss and Night Shade, most notably from Chansey. Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature are used in tandem with a Choice Scarf to outspeed Pokemon and with base 121 Speed or lower, such as Tornadus-T and Raikou, thus enabling Gothitelle to revenge kill weakened Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny and Keldeo. The rest of the EVs are put into Special Attack to buff up Gothitelle's firepower. Note that if not running Rest, maximum Special Attack and Speed investment is also an option to have more overall power.

Usage Tips
========

Switch Gothitelle in on a foe that can't do too much back to it, which usually means walls and support Pokemon. Once you have a favorable matchup, immediately use Trick to cripple the foe so that they can only use one move, allowing Gothitelle to set up more easily. Use Rest when Gothitelle is at low health to shield it from status and also PP stall the foe. If possible, Trick the Choice Scarf back from the foe after setting up with Calm Mind, when they are weakened, or when they are in KO range so that Gothitelle can have its Speed back and can repeat the same PP stalling process for another Pokemon. Don't carelessly remove the Pokemon that Gothitelle has Tricked its Choice Scarf onto as Gothitelle may need it for revenge killing later on. This set can also be used as a revenge killer prior to using Trick, capable of taking out Fighting- and Poison-types such as Hawlucha, Breloom, Toxicroak, and Gengar.

Team Options
========

Gothitelle really dislikes Dark- and Steel-types unfazed by Hidden Power Fire such as Heatran and Empoleon, so Pokemon that can take these foes out are good teammates for Gothitelle. Fairies such as Gardevoir and Clefable can destroy Dark-types with their STAB moves and weaken Steel-types for Gothitelle. It is to be noted that both benefit from Gothitelle's ability to remove bulky steel types. Fighting-types such as Keldeo and Chesnaught also check Tyranitar and Bisharp and can get rid of Steel-types for Gothitelle.
Because Gothitelle doesn't find many chances to come into battle and directly switching Gothitelle in is quite risky, VoltTurn is a nice strategy to bring Gothitelle in. U-turn or Volt Switch users such as Scizor, Landorus-T, and Rotom-W all make for good teammates, as they can lure in their counters, such as Ferrothorn, and pivot out with U-turn or Volt Switch respectively so that Gothitelle can take them out.
Unlike Wobbufet, which beats offensive Pokemon, Gothitelle eliminates walls, so any Pokemon that struggle with them will appreciate Gothitelle as their partner.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fire
item: Choice Specs
evs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Psychic is Gothitelle's best STAB option, as it hits notably harder than Psyshock, especially against physically defensive tanks such as Mega Venusaur. Psyshock breaks Chansey and Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo but otherwise doesn't do much else. Trick forces Gothitelle's Choice Scarf onto the foe, crippling stallers and walls that rely on status or setting up. Thunderbolt deals with Flying- and Water-types, most notably Skarmory, Gyarados, and Slowbro. Hidden Power Fire takes out bulky Steel-types such as Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and (Mega) Scizor as well as dealing reasonable damage to Mega Metagross. Energy Ball is an option to hit Quagsire, Omastar, and Swampert.

Set Details
========

Equipped with Choice Specs, Gothitelle hits decently hard and can take down a variety of Pokemon. 88 Speed EVs allow it to Speed creep uninvested Mega Scizor whilst making room for the 30 Speed IVs required for Hidden Power Fire, and maximum Special Attack investment raises Gothitelle's damage output significantly, allowing it to eliminate threats more effectively and efficiently. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP for more bulk, letting Gothitelle avoid the 3HKO from Seismic Toss and Night Shade. An alternate spread of 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe can be used to Speed creep uninvested Skarmory, but outspeeding Mega Scizor before it U-turns out is quite important.

Usage Tips
========

Gothitelle should be saved for eliminating troublesome members of the opponent's team, which is what it does best. Don't directly switch Gothitelle in, as the switch is quite predictable at times and you may lose quite a lot of momentum if the opponent predicts this or instead KOes Gothitelle. Use Trick to cripple defensive behemoths when possible, and when they are weakened or in range of an attack, use Trick to get Choice Specs back so that Gothitelle may be able to eliminate more threats later on. Don't Trick away Gothitelle's Choice Specs too hastily, as Gothitelle may need them for mid- or late-game eliminations of some Pokemon. Finally, being locked into a move makes Gothitelle lose quite a lot of momentum, which allows sweepers to set up and attackers to pivot, so packing an answer to these Pokemon is recommended.

Team Options
========

Gothitelle capitalizes on the free switches that VoltTurn users such as Scizor, Landorus-Therian, Rotom-W, and Mega Manectric provide. Scizor and Landorus-T are particularly notable as they lure in Ferrothorn and Skarmory, which Gothitelle can easily take out. Fighting- and Fairy-types, which can get rid of Dark-types as well as Pursuit users, greatly aid Gothitelle too. Keldeo is a good teammate for Gothitelle as it checks Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Mega Sableye as well as bulky Steel-types such as Heatran, which may stop Gothitelle dead in its tracks. Fairies such as Sylveon and Clefable can also weaken the aforementioned Dark- and Steel-types, though Bisharp is harder to take down. Pokemon that benefit from the elimination of certain foes are worthy partners, as Gothitelle can successfully trap and eliminate them, thus paving the way for a possible sweep. Examples are Mega Lopunny, which dislikes Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Skarmory and Mega Gyarados, which dislikes Chesnaught and Keldeo.

Other Options
########

Trick + Torment is an evil option to watch the foe faint by struggling, but it is incredibly gimmicky. Hidden Power Ground can be used to trap and KO Heatran, but Dugtrio is more adept at that job anyway. Foul Play is an option for the Choice Scarf set and OHKOes +2 Mega Gallade as well as dealing with Latios, Latias, and Mega Metagross. Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse can also be used to allow Gothitelle to get past Mega Metagross, Latios, and Latias, which are not fazed by any of Gothitelle's other moves. Gothitelle has some useful support moves in its arsenal, such as Thunder Wave, Toxic, Taunt, and Magic Coat, which can be used to cripple or wear down trapped defensive Pokemon. Gothitelle can also capitalize on the foe's momentum loss from being crippled in order to use support moves such as Heal Bell, Reflect, Gravity and Light Screen.

Checks & Counters
########

**Mega Sableye**: Mega Sableye completely stops Gothitelle, as it is immune to Shadow Tag and can cripple Gothitelle with Knock Off or use it as setup fodder.

**Pivots**: Pivots such as Landorus-T, Rotom-W, and Mega Manectric can use U-turn or Volt Switch to just switch out of Gothitelle to a Pokemon that can check it.

**Latios and Latias**: Latios and Latias resist all of Gothitelle's moves bar the occasional Shadow Ball or Foul Play and do not care too much about being Tricked a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs, as they can make use of the item.

**Dark-types**: Choice Scarf Tyranitar and Bisharp can successfully Pursuit trap Gothitelle or cripple it with Knock Off, and they are also immune to its STAB moves.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit users such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor can come in on a Choice-locked Gothitelle and Pursuit trap it, thus rendering it weakened or useless for the rest of the match as well as preventing it from trapping anything else.

**Ghost-types**: Though Ghost types aren't hard counters to Gothitelle, they are immune to Shadow Tag, and Ghost-types such as Gengar can deal a lot of damage to Gothitelle if not outright OHKO it.

**Fast or Powerful Attackers**: Gothitelle's mediocre Speed, bulk, and typing leave it prone to being KOed by many attackers such as Mega Beedrill, Mega Pinsir, and Garchomp.

**Shed Shell Users**: Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and the occasional Blissey sometimes carry Shed Shell to avoid getting trapped.

Last edited:
Even though you only posted this quite recently, there are a few things i feel i should point out.

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but i think most of the stuff i wrote in the previous Gothitelle analysis is pretty good, and you can copy-paste a lot of the stuff i wrote to save you time and effort. For example the C&C section is totally 100% covered. However I don't recommend you copy the Choice Specs section and the Other Options section since I haven't updated them.
Of course it's perfectly fine for you to redo sections i have already covered if the section is incomplete/inaccurate or if you simply don't like the way i wrote it lol.

Small nitpick, the 80 HP evs on the Literally Satan set allow Goth to avoid the 3HKO from seismic toss (takes 4 seismic tosses to kill), so Goth is able to PP stall Chansey's seismic toss with rest.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I like donkeys' sets were fine as is. I also don't see the appeal of a mono-attacking CM set; it's worthless against more offensive teams since you lack the speed to sweep effectively and getting shut down by Dark-types really blows.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I just used the sets that I like donkeys had, and I really dunno if I should get rid of the first set since it's kind of a staple of Goth, I'll let qc decide.

Yeah I like donkeys' sets were fine as is. I also don't see the appeal of a mono-attacking CM set; it's worthless against more offensive teams since you lack the speed to sweep effectively and getting shut down by Dark-types really blows.
On my Gothitelle thread, most QC members wanted the Literally Satan set to stay, in fact some wanted the set to be the first set.
The CM set still performs well against offense because normally after Goth has set up to +6, the player will trick choice scarf back onto Goth and sweep with STAB move. And besides, like i said in my thread Goth is still able to outspeed and revenge kill faster threats such as Keldeo thanks to choice scarf.

Something I forgot to point out.
Even though I haven't tested it yet, I don't think psyshock should be slashed with psychic on the CM set. Psychic seems stronger against most targets, sure psyshock does much more against Chansey, but Chansey is one of Gothitelle's biggest targets anyway. The only reason i added psyshock to my original set was because some people said it should have it.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'll remember to add that in. Do you think that a set with Trick+Torment deserves a main mention or just an OO mention? It seems quite gimmicky but I've tried it and it's quite effective.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Alright so Choice Scarf sets should be merged like this instead of the two separate sets you have.

name: Choice Scarf
move 4: HP Fire / Calm Mind

All the remaining slashes you have on the prior sets should go under Other Options with the specifics as to what the targets are. Ghost types in general are immune to Shadow Tag and trapping so you need to establish in your analysis that M-Sableye isn't the only thing that can slow down Gothitelles momentum.

Usage tips should elaborate on not carelessly tricking the scarf and removing the Pokemon with the tricked Choice Scarf before grabbing it back when they're weakened and in KO range.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok all changes I've been told to do have been done, would appreciate it if QC could check this.

Alright so Choice Scarf sets should be merged like this instead of the two separate sets you have.

name: Choice Scarf
move 4: HP Fire / Calm Mind

All the remaining slashes you have on the prior sets should go under Other Options with the specifics as to what the targets are. Ghost types in general are immune to Shadow Tag and trapping so you need to establish in your analysis that M-Sableye isn't the only thing that can slow down Gothitelles momentum.

Usage tips should elaborate on not carelessly tricking the scarf and removing the Pokemon with the tricked Choice Scarf before grabbing it back when they're weakened and in KO range.
I'm not QC or anything, but why merge the two sets when they perform relatively different roles? The Literally Satan set takes advantage of Gothitelle's trapping ability to setup and sweep, while the other Scarf set takes advantage of Gothitelle's coverage to revenge kill a wider variety of foes.
I dunno it just seems silly to me :/

EDIT:
Yeah I'll remember to add that in. Do you think that a set with Trick+Torment deserves a main mention or just an OO mention? It seems quite gimmicky but I've tried it and it's quite effective.
QC, what is your opinion on this set? Is it worthy of a main mention or is it just OO material?

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
move the mention of loss of momentum from c&c to usage tips, that is the proper place to have it.

mention that without rest on the first set you should run max special attack

qc 2/3, good job

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
don't be so nice to goth in the overview, it's a matchup-reliant mon and is easily taken advantage of after it traps something. emphasize these flaws and tone down the first sentence.

you need more clarity about the functions of moves on the scarf set and how it plays. the utility of rest is allowing goth to set up with cm and to pp stall mons so it can trick the scarf back and do the same thing to something else. the utility of cm is not really to sweep but more to make it easier for goth to break things and fare well against the likes of clefable. it needs to be mentioned that scarf has utility against offense in assuring revenge kills against weakened mons (as in they can't switch out) and trapping the likes of keldeo and lopunny.

in checks and counters, you really need to highlight pursuit as the best way of preventing goth from getting anything done (should be its own section).

3/3

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Jukain for the input, implemented the changes. Will move this to GP stage now, let me know if I need to beef up the first set.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add
Capitalise/capital -> lower case
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Blessed with the coveted ability Shadow Tag, Gothitelle is one of the most reliable trappers since only Ghost-(hyphen)types and opposing Shadow-(remove hyphen)Tag users are immune to it'(remove apostrophe)s ability, making it a valuable asset to any teammates having trouble with some Pokemon and would like them removed. Gothitelle also demolishes stall with it'(remove apostrophe)s ability to stop switches and cripple bulky Pokemon such as Chansey and Clefable with Trick. In addition, it also has a lack of 4MSS since it'(remove apostrophe) is movepool is quite sparse and is quite flexible (I feel like sparse and flexible somewhat contradict each other within the context of a movepool) and its moveset can be changed to suit the team's needs. On the other hand, Psychic type is not a great defensive typing, being prone to Knock Off, (AC) especially when Gothitelle is extremely reliant on it(remove apostrophe)'s item for Speed, power, (AC) or crippling foes. It is also easily dealt with or taken advantage of after being Choice-locked into a move. Pursuit is an example, as users such as Tyranitar, Bisharp, (AC) and Scizor can come in on a Psychic-locked Gothitelle locked into Psychic and pick it off with Pursuit, or Landorus-T can come in on Thunderbolt-locked a Gothitelle locked into Thunderbolt and gain momentum using U-turn. An abysmal Speed stat, even in conjunction with a Choice Scarf, does not allow it means that Gothitelle fails to outspeed key threats such as Mega Lopunny and Mega Gyarados at +1, and a lackluster 95 Special Attack means Gothitelle is quite often dead(space)weight against offense. Finally, an increase in popularity in VoltTurn cores, (AC) and Pursuit/, (AC) and Knock Off makes Gothitelle a liability on many teams.

Literally Satan
########
name: Literally Satan
move 1: Calm Mind(add space)/(add space)Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Psychic(add space)/(add space)Psyshock

Moves
========

This set utiliszes Gothitelle's ability to trap foes to act as a revenge killer and a crippler to stall teams. Calm Mind let'(remove apostrophe)s Gothitelle boost up it'(remove apostrophe)s Special Attack and Special Defense stats, particularly in the face of weaker defensive foes such as Ferrothorn and Chansey, and allows it to break the Pokemon it has can trapped, (AC) such as Clefable, (AC) as well as having a chance to sweep. Trick is used to cripple the aforementioned stall Pokemon as well as Pokemon that may pose a threat to your team, (RC) and forcinge ridiculously easy set-(remove hyphen)up opportunities. Rest provides to utility of keepings Gothitelle healthy whilst setting up with Calm Mind and also PP stallings Pokemon like such as Chansey. Psychic is an option to hit physically defensive Pokemon, notably Ferrothorn, (AC) whoich is 2HKOed by +6 Psychic after Stealth Rocks damage, whilst Psyshock can be used to deal with specially defensive foes such as Chansey and Tentacruel. Hidden Power Fire is an option over Calm Mind to beat bulky Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory faster.

Set Details
========

Shadow Tag is the chosen ability, lettings Gothitelle trap and eliminate a wide array of Pokemon. 80 HP let'(remove apostrophe)s Gothitelle avoid the 3HKO from Seismic Toss and Night Shade, most notably from Chansey. Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature is used in tandem with a Choice Scarf to outspeed base 121 Pokemon and with base 121 Speed or lower, (AC) such as Tornadus-Therian and Raikou, thus enabling Gothitelle to assure revenge kills against weakened Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny and Keldeo. The rest of the EVs is are put into Special Attack to buff up it'(remove apostrophe)s firepower. Note that if not using Rest, maximum Special Attack, (RC) and Speed and Timid is also an option to have more overall power.

Usage Tips
========

Switch Gothitelle in on something a foe that can't do too much back, which most of the time are walls and support Pokemon. Once you have a favourable matchup, immediately use Trick to cripple the opponent foe so that they can only use one move, allowing Gothitelle to set-(replace hyphen with a space)up more easierly. Use Rest when Gothitelle is at lower health to shield it from status and also PP stalling the opponent foe. If possible, Trick the Choice Scarf back off the opponent foe after setting-(remove hyphen)up with Calm Mind, when they are weakened, (AC) or are in KO range so that Gothitelle can have it'(remove apostrophe)s Speed back and can repeat the same PP stalling process for another Pokemon. Don't carelessly remove the Pokemon with the Choice Scarf tricked onto it, (AC) as Gothitelle may need the scarf it for revenge killing later on. This set can also be used as a revenge killinger set prior to using Trick, capable of taking out Pokemon Fighting-(add hyphen) and Poison-(add hyphen)types such as Hawlucha, Breloom, Toxicroak, and Gengar etc.

Team Options
========

Gothitelle really dislikes Dark-(hyphen) and Steel-(hyphen)types unfazed by Hidden Power Fire (such as?), so Pokemon that can take these out are good teammates for Gothitelle. Fairies like such as Gardevoir and Clefable can destroy these Pokemon Dark-types with their STAB moves as well as and weakening Steel-(add hyphen)types for Gothitelle. It is to be noted that both benefit from bulky Steel-types removed by Gothitelle. Fighting-(hyphen)types like such as Keldeo and Chesnaught also check Tyranitar and Bisharp and can get rid of Steel-(add hyphen)types for Gothitelle.
Since Gothitelle doesn't find many chances to come into battle and directly switching into Gothitelle is quite risky, VoltTurn is a nice strategy to be able to bring Gothitelle in. Pokemon like such as Scizor, Landorus-Therian, and Rotom-W all make for good teammates, (AC) as they can bring Gothitelle in by the use of U-turn, (AC) can and lure in their counters, (AC) such as Ferrothorn, (AC) and pivot out so that Gothitelle can take them out.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Psychic(space)/(space)Psyshock
move 3: Thunderbolt(space)/(space)Energy Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fire
item: Choice Specs
evs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

With specs, Gothitelle hits decently hard with it's main, obligatory STAB. Psychic is the better Gothitelle's best STAB option, (AC) as since it hits notably harder than Psyshock, especially against physically defensive tanks such as Mega Venusaur. Psyshock breaks Chansey and Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, but otherwise it doesn't do much else. Trick cripples the opposition forces Gothitelle's Choice Scarf onto the foe, screwing up crippling stallmons stallers and walls who that may rely on status or setting-(remove hyphen)up. Thunderbolt deals with Flying-(hyphen) and Water-(hyphen)types, most notably Skarmory, Gyarados, (AC) and Slowbro. Hidden Power Fire takes out bulky Steel-types like such as Ferrothorn, Jirachi, (AC) and (Mega) Scizor as well as dealing reasonable damage to Mega Metagross. Energy Ball is an option to hit Quagsire, Omastar, (AC) and Swampert. To outspeed Rotom-W and nail it with Energy Ball, speed investment is needed, which is not advised since Gothitelle will be needing it's bulk to soak up hits.

Set Details
========

Equipped with a Choice Specs, Gothitelle to hits decently hard and can take down a variety of Pokemon. 88 Speed EVs allow it to Speed creep 0 speed uninvested Mega Scizor whilst making room for the 30 speed IVs required for HP Fire, and maximum Special Attack raises Gothitelle's damage output significantly, (AC) allowing it to eliminate threats more effectively and efficiently. The rest of the investment is dumped into HP for more bulk, whilst still avoiding the 3HKO from Seismic Toss and Night Shade. An alternate spread of 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe can be used to Speed creep 0 speed uninvested Skarmory, but outspeeding Mega Scizor before it U-turns out is quite key important.

Usage Tips
========

Gothitelle should be saved during battle for eliminating troublesome members of the opposition's opponent's team, which is what it does best. Don't switch directly into Gothitelle since this may be quite predictable at times and you may lose quite a lot of momentum if the opponent predicts this or instead kills off KOes Gothitelle. Use Trick to cripple defensive behemoths when possible, (AC) and when they are weakened or in KO range of an attack, (AC) use Trick to get the Choice Specs back so that Gothitelle may be able to eliminate threats later on. Don't Trick away your Gothitelle's Choice Specs too hastily, (AC) as Gothitelle may need them for mid- or late-game elimination of some Pokemon. Finally, being locked into a move makes Gothitelle lose quite a lot of momentum, which allowings sweepers to set(space)up, (RC) and attackers to pivot, (AC) etc. so packing an answer for these Pokemon is recommended.

Team Options
========

Gothitelle capitaliszes on the ample switch-in opportunity free switches that VoltTurn users provide. Teammates such as Scizor, Landorus-Therian, Rotom-W, and Mega Manectric can all provide this support. Scizor and Landorus-T in particularly are particularly notable since they lure in Ferrothorn and Skarmory, (AC) whoich Gothitelle can easily take out. Fighting-(hyphen) and Fairy-(hyphen)types, (AC) who which can get rid of Dark-(hyphen)types as well as Pursuit users, (AC) greatly aid Gothitelle too. Keldeo is a good teammate for Gothitelle since it checks Tyranitar, Bisharp, (AC) and Mega Sableye as well as bulky Steel-types like such as Heatran, (AC) whoich may stop Gothitelle dead in her its tracks. Fairies like such as Sylveon and Clefable can also eliminate and weaken the aforementioned Dark-(hyphen)s and Steel-types, though Bisharp is harder to take down. Pokemon that benefit from certain Pokemon the eliminatedion of certain foes are worthy partners, (AC) since as Gothitelle can successfully trap these and eliminate them, (AC) thus paving the way for a possible sweep,. (comma -> full stop/period) such as Examples are Mega Lopunny, (AC) whoich dislikes foes such as Slowbro, Hippowdown, and Skarmory etc. and Mega Gyarados, (AC) whoich dislikes Chesnaught and Keldeo.

Other Options
########

Trick(space)+(space)Torment is an evil option to watch the opponent die foe faint by struggling to death, but is incredibly gimmicky. Hidden Power Ground can be used to trap and kill Heatran, but Dugtrio is more adept at that anyway. Foul Play is an option for a the Choice Scarfed set and OHKOes Mega Gallade at +2 Attack as well as dealing with Lati@s Latios, Latias and Mega Metagross. Shadow Ball/ or Dark Pulse can also be used to allow Gothitelle to get past Mega Metagross, (AC) Latios, (AC) and Lati@as, (AC) whoich otherwise are not fazed by any of Gothitelle's other moves. Gothitelle has quite some interesting support moves in her its arsenal, such as Thunder Wave, Toxic, Heal Bell, Gravity, Taunt, dual screens, and Magic Coat, (AC) etc. which can be used to trap and wear down trapped defensive Pokemon or capitalisze on the foe's momentum loss from the opponent post-crippling being crippled them in order to use support moves such as Heal Bell, (AC) or the screens Reflect, and Light Screen.

Checks & Counters
########

**Mega Sableye**: Mega SableyeA completely stops to Gothitelle, since as it is immune to Shadow Tag being a Ghost-(hyphen)type and can cripple Gothitelle with Knock Off or use Gothitelle it as set-(remove hyphen)up fodder especially for the Calm Mind variants.
(empty line)
**Pivots**: Pivots such as Landorus-T, Rotom-W, and Mega Manectric can use U-turn or Volt Switch to just waltz switch out of Gothitelle's grasp and into a Pokemon that can check Gothitelle it.
(empty line)
**Lati@s Latios and Latias**: Latios and Latias resisting all of Gothitelle's most common moves bar the occasional Shadow Ball/or ("common moves" is contradicted by "occasional") Foul Play and do not caringe too much about being Tricked Scarf/Specs since it actually benefits from it somewhat.
**Dark types**: Choice Scarf Tyranitar or Bisharp can successfully Pursuit trap Gothitelle, (AC) or cripple it with Knock Off, and are also is immune to it's main STAB its STAB moves.
(empty line)
**Pursuit**: Pursuit users such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, (AC) and Scizor can come in on a Choice-locked Gothitelle and Pursuit trapping it, (AC) thus rendering it useless or weakened for the rest of the match as well as preventing it from trapping anything else.
(empty line)
**Ghost-(add hyphen)types**: Though Ghost types aren't straight up hard counters to Gothitelle, they are immune to Shadow Tag, (AC) and Ghost-types like such as Gengar can deal a lot of damage to Gothitelle if not outright OHKO it. (full stop/period)
(empty line)**Fast or Powerful Attackers**: Mega Beedrill, Pinsir, Garchomp etc. can come in and take out Gothitelle's since it's mediocre Speed, bulk, (AC) and typing leaves it prone to being KOed by many attackers such as Mega Beedrill, Mega Pinsir, and Garchomp.
(empty line)
**Shed Shell Users**: Skarmory, Ferrothorn, (AC) and the occasional Blissey do sometimes carry Shed Shell sometimes to avoid getting trapped, so Knock Off is a nice tool to remove these and scouting for the item of the target is recommended. (this section doesn't really need to mention how Gothitelle and its team can get around the problem)

GP 1/2

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
GP Check Implemented, thanks, I kept thinking it's was possessive, but anyway this is ready for the second check.

EDIT: I've added in a mention of Wobbufet and the difference between it and Gothitelle on Mysteria's request, QC is this fine?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)