Programming GTS notifier

I've put together a website where users can provide their global link ID and receive notifications through either pushover or email when a pokemon they have deposited has been traded successfully.

http://sharktamer.pythonanywhere.com/

It's worked well in all the test cases I have tried, but unfortunately those test subjects have been limited. Let me know in this thread or on the git bug tracker if you find anything wrong.

There are help and about links across the bottom of the site if anything about this isn't clear.

Testers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very interesting and I've signed up with an email address, in the event we check the GTS before the email gets sent out I'll assume that nothing then gets sent out later? I'll test with a trade overnight since I'm still very OCD about checking my trades all the time.

Since there's no way to check if the user has already checked their trades in game, the notifications will be sent out regardless.

The script wasn't working since some users don't have their profiles set as public. It should be fixed now.

The following users don't have their profiles set as public. The website should have checked this.

G-048-4177-K: Xander
J-384-1304-V: Apollo

Wow, that's really cool! I'm looking through the code right now, that's really convenient that the GTS website has a (albeit private) json api. I originally thought that you were going to have to scrape the pages manually.

I'll be looking forward to Twitter functionality!

Yeah, I thought I would have to scrape too, then someone pointed out to me what the page is actually requesting. There's actually plenty more json APIs on the GL site, for things like battle records. It's just a shame the requests are so slow and the records are updated so infrequently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)