Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What is the policy on Smogon account resets? Does it have a system similar to the one Showdown uses, or are account resets not allowed at all?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is the policy on Smogon account resets? Does it have a system similar to the one Showdown uses, or are account resets not allowed at all?
You're not allowed to make multiple accounts on the forums otherwise you'll be infracted and one of them will be banned.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're not allowed to make multiple accounts on the forums otherwise you'll be infracted and one of them will be banned.
I realize that- I was asking if it's possible for an inactive account on Smogon to get reset so I can take the name. Showdown does that.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
Should I buy pokemon x/y and a 3ds? I loved Pokemon as a kid but could never get into sinnoh or unova games and I'm worried I've grown out of it should I buy it? Does anybody who didn't like black/white enjoy x/y please comment your opinions of the Pokemon games recently. if possible tell me how old you are in the comments so I can get a reference age compared to mine. I'm 15

Should I buy pokemon x/y and a 3ds? I loved Pokemon as a kid but could never get into sinnoh or unova games and I'm worried I've grown out of it should I buy it? Does anybody who didn't like black/white enjoy x/y please comment your opinions of the Pokemon games recently. if possible tell me how old you are in the comments so I can get a reference age compared to mine. I'm 15
You should really get it. I never liked Black and White but I like the 2nd version Sinnoh was also a great game. X and Y brings new awesome content, such as 3D new pokemon, and mega. Deffinetly get it.

Yeah i loved emerald. I pumped millions of hours into it when I was a little kid lol. I'm just worried I won't get into it like I never goto into black and white.... How do you find online tournaments(wifi) on smogon? Do people host them often?
You should really get it. I never liked Black and White but I like the 2nd version Sinnoh was also a great game. X and Y brings new awesome content, such as 3D new pokemon, and mega. Deffinetly get it.

Yeah i loved emerald. I pumped millions of hours into it when I was a little kid lol. I'm just worried I won't get into it like I never goto into black and white.... How do you find online tournaments(wifi) on smogon? Do people host them often?
Oh like, on pokemon showdown? Or like On 3DS?

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can find Wifi Tournaments here. I'm not sure how often they're hosted though. As for you're question about getting XY, I'd say go for it. If you're interested in asking that question, you're bound to be interested in playing it.

Yeah it doesn't seem like there hosted too often on wifi :/ but I've always been interested in playing it just don't know if I want to spend the money just to be disappointed. Did you guys truthfully enjoy the hell out of it? Like I just wasn't a black/white person at all and I was sortof interested in sinnoh games. I played a lot of heart gold. That was the most recent game I really enjoyed
You can find Wifi Tournaments here. I'm not sure how often they're hosted though. As for you're question about getting XY, I'd say go for it. If you're interested in asking that question, you're bound to be interested in playing it.
but yeah I'm gona be playing wifi if I get the game

Wish me luck. I just ordered a 3dsxl and pokemon y. If I like it I will probably get alpha Saphire aswell. I really hope I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed emerald and heartgold!

Anyone know the best way to get Rain Dance Tentacool/cruel in X/Y or ORAS? It's not in friend safari, I don't believe they come in hoards and I have seen threads to try and trade for it. While I could do that, I don't have the best options to trade at the moment, do I just have to get lucky on single battles in the wild and check by using trace or is there another, easier way?

Anyone know the best way to get Rain Dance Tentacool/cruel in X/Y or ORAS? It's not in friend safari, I don't believe they come in hoards and I have seen threads to try and trade for it. While I could do that, I don't have the best options to trade at the moment, do I just have to get lucky on single battles in the wild and check by using trace or is there another, easier way?
Get the TM In Southern Lumiose City Pokemart for 50 000, there Is really no other option at the moment.

Ah sorry thats my fault I meant Rain Dish, the ability XD (terrible typo haha)
Oh, Rain Dish xD. For Rain Dish you just got to keep looking, or you could breed a couple dozen eggs. Since theres 3 abillity's for Tentacruel, you hardly ever see a Tentacruel with Rain Dish, so just keep searching and breeding.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im starting a trade thread but sometimes people say I want the pokemon in a matching ball. What does that mean?
It means that they want a Pokemon bred into a Pokeball of the same color (ie pikachu in an ultra ball, sneasel in a luxury ball). Next time you have questions about Wifi, ask it here instead because you will get better answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)