Heavy Rain Discussion

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
The thing I liked best about this game was the fact that in the fight scenes you knew that if you fucked up, your character would actually die, and you wouldnt be able to go back and save them. It just added a whole new level of tension that doesnt exist in movies or most other videogames..

Have a nice day.

oh thats another thing i meant to talk about, the tension hr creates is amazing.
the second trial with the electric wires was so stressful. a couple of times i slipped and thought for sure i was dead, but i guess either you can't actually die there or i was reeally close to dying. when i finally made it, i actually had to stop for a second and get some fresh air because my heart rate had gone up pretty substantially.

can't really say the same for the other trials though. i failed the first one instantly and the others weren't really tests of speed or dexterity.

as for the fights themselves, i liked the nature of them, but in practise i found them kinda easy, which watered down alot of the tension. they never really felt particularly brutal, even when i fighting for my life. in fact, in a dumb way they almost felt like a reward because alot of the time you would get trophies for winning them. actually, the fight with mad jack was pretty tense because that guy was just huge and every prompt basically involved jaden floundering around trying to escape him rather than actually hit him.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The thing about the fights is often one mistake is all it takes to die. None of the mistakes I made let my opponent hit a vital spot, but I've heard of others where they had a perfect fight except for one spot and they were killed instantly because the guy was aiming for their throat or something.

Was a great story, and interesting type of game to say the least. Graphics were pretty impressive too. My only real gripe is that, as much as I love the story, its still a player controlled movie. Not that its entirely a bad thing, but I guess I just didn't like most of the game being through quick time events.

The characters though are all great. And although its not the first game where small things change the outcome, its the first one that made each action seem that important to me as I was doing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)