Hyper Offense ( Wall Breaker Kyurem-B ) Peaked at 2k

Hi, this is my second OU RMT, this team is basically a volt-turn team, getting momentum and bringing in Kyurem-B as much as possible to break down walls. I just got back into OU and didn't feel like making a weather team, because to be honest I find weather team extremely boring, so I made this. I was getting annoyed of all the Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Blissey/Gliscor/Lando-T etc. so I was like hmm whats a good wall breaker to bring through all that and mix Kyurem-B caught my eyes. Any rate on this team would be greatly appreciated.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
Weavile act as my Dragon checks, as well as pursuit trapping Lati@s who would otherwise be a problem for the team. This used to be a Mamoswine, but I didn't like the fact that it was so slow and how it couldn't check Lati@s efficiently as they can just switch out, so I went with Weavile for its speed as well as the ability to Pursuit trap them. I use Jolly to make sure I outran Alakazam/Gengar/Starmie. Low Kick to generally hit steel/ice types hard. Night Slash and Pursuit is to play mind games with fellow ghost/psychic types. Also I use Night Slash instead of Ice punch as it allows me to deal more damage to Jellicent who otherwise beats Weavile 1v1 if I m lacking Night Slash. Ice Shard is to revenge kill Dragons as well as finishing off low HP targets. I chose Life Orb because to give Weavile more power as Weavile is extremely frail anyways. The EV is self explanatory and 4 HP EVs to give Weavile 11 Life Orb hits instead of 10.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 70 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
188 Speed EVs allows me to outspeed Timid Jolteon, 252 ATK + Adamant just to generally hit harder and the rest dumped into HP. U-turn to bring myself momentum as well as dealing a hefty chunk to Espeon switch ins thinking I would be the Stealth Rock variant. EdgeQuake combo for coverage and well as HP ice to deal with Gliscor and oppositing Landorus-T. HP Ice also allows me to deal around 70% to standard Garchomp and Salamence. While Landorus is healthy, it can also switches into Terrakion and force the Banded variant out with EQ while scarf variants fails to 2hit KO Lando with Stone Edge. Landorus-T is my usually lead because of its speed and its scouting ability.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost
Sadly this team lacks hazard and Xatu the only way I can get hazards up on the enemy side. This Xatu allows me to beat some common Stealth rockers, namely Ferrothorn and Foretress, even in the rain. The EV spread allows me to tank hits from physical side. Psychic is to hit Terrakions locked into Close Combat, Keldeo locked into Secret Sword, as well as hitting Breloom and Toxicroak. It also allows me to sometimes beat physically defensive Tentacruels in the rain. Heat Wave for stuff like Scizor thinking they can set up or pursuit trap Xatu, as well as hitting Ferrothorn and Foretress hard. U-turn is to also gain momentum and predicted Tyranitar switch ins. Roost is what allows me to beat Ferrothorn, being able to roost of Gyro Ball's damage and then pummel it with Heat Wave. Xatu can also switch into Brelooms lacking Stone Edge, 4x resisting its fighting moves and 2x resisting its grass move while being immune to its status moves.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

This thing is amazing. Even with Adamant nature and 4 SpATK nature, Ice beam can still break through stuff like Skarmory, Gliscor, Landorus-T, 2HKO the former and OHKO the latters. Fusion Bolt to deal with bulky water such as Politoed, Vaporeon, Jellicent as well as random stuff like Xatu. Fusion bolt also 2hitKO 252 HP Jirachi and well as 2HKOing 252 HP Heatran most of the time after Stealth Rocks. Dragon Claw is nice as I don't have to lock into it compare to Outrage, but sometimes I do miss the raw power of Outrage. Sadly, max defense Eviolite Chansey is able to stall out Kyurem-B, as Dragon Claw is not enough to break through that behemoth, but I don't really see Chansey that often and I rather have Dragon Claw over Outrage, but I won't hesitate to change it if necessary. However, Outrage or not, Kyurem-B laughs at Dragonites as long as they havent gotten a DD up, as it eats through its multiscale and OHKOing it. Ice Beam as mentioned above is to be able to break through stuff like Gliscor/Lando-T/Hippowdon etc. while still dealing a good chunk to the likes of Celebi. Focus Blast allows me to 2 hit KO standard Ferrothorn after Stealth rocks while also being able to 2HKO physically defensive Foretress as well. Ofcourse I have to predict them switching in as I cannot stay in vs them due to most if not all of them carrying Gyro Ball. Also due to Kyurem-B's bulk, I can also switch into plenty of thigns, e.g. Politeod barring Scald (risk of getting burned), and the rare Specs Focus Blast and start putting pressure on my opponent. One draw back of Kyurem-B is its middling speed. Unlike Uber where most threats are base 90, in OU most mons are 100+, and with Adamant nature, the chance of me outspeeding base 100+ is impossible unless they run 0 Speed. But the sheer power of Kyurem-B as well as its overall good coverage make my opponent think twice about switching in on Kyurem.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
TBH I have no idea what the reason behind the SpATK Evs, but I took the EVs from Smogon and just went with it. I needed something to be able to cripple Hydreigon, which is a huge threat to this team, as well as being able to sponge Bullet Punch from Scizor without having my Balloon broken on Heatran. This Rotom is capable of living a Specs Draco Meteor from Hydreigon, if there was no prior damage as well as hazards up and retaliating with a Thunder Wave and crippling it. However, due to enormous pressure put on Rotom-W sometimes I find it hard press to keep this healthy because of all the weight on its shoulder. This is also the closest thing I have to switch into Keldeo, which destroys this team. Volt-Switch is to gain momentum thus giving me more opportunity to bring in my Kyurem-B, Hydro Pump is necessary on Rotom-W. I run Thunder Wave instead of Will-O-Wisp because I need to get a 100% Paralysis on stuff like Hydreigon and the Latis. Lastly, because of how much pressure is put on Rotom-W, I decided to change HP Grass to Pain Split recommended by Remedy, prolonging Rotom's longevity.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar
I found sun team giving me alot of trouble, and then I remember what I hated the most whenever I played my Sun team, and bam, Heatran was added to the team. Air Balloon allows me to switch into Heatrans most of the time, and force it out. Balloon tran also act as my failsafe against Garchomp/Salamence/Dragonite as long as my Balloon isnt broken. Heatran is also my reliable switch in to Venusaur if I scouted out that they don't carry Sleep Powder. I use to have Fire Blast but missing at crucial moments in the game isn't fun and costed me a few match because of it. Although sometimes I still do wish I had Fire Blast for its sheer power, Flamethrower has been suffice most of the time. Earth Power is to hit enemy Heatran lacking Balloons as well as stuff like Magnezone and Jirachi in the rain harder. Earth Power also allows me to hit incoming Politoed the hardest out of all my moves. HP Ice is to hit Dragons for SE damage as well as 4x against the likes of Garchomp/Salamence/Dragonite over Dragon Pulse. Lastly, Roar is to phaze out Gyarados thinking they can set up on Heatran as well as just getting rid of problematic pokemons behind subs as Heatran can live a hit most of the time.

Threats that I can think of at the top of my head...
Due to the introduction of fifth gen, it was now impossible to have a team that check all threats in the metagame. Sadly, this team have problems with some of the most common threats in OU. The team's lack of reliable Stealth Rock is a problem as that means that the enemy team can switch freely thus pressuring me to make good double switches or predictions. Also, having no weather on a tier that is pre-dominantly weather based is also a problem. But however, I enjoy this team due to how aggressive it plays and the sheer wallbreaking power of Kyurem-B is fun to watch as it destroys enemy team.

Keldeo : Specs variant can be wore down by U-turn from Landorus-T then switching into appropriate pokemons (if predicted right), and then when low enough it can be KO'd by an EQ from Landorus. However, it is still very problematic for this team as to one miss prediction and I m suddenly down a pokemon. Scarf variants are trickier to deal with and it can wreck my team because this team has nothing to outspeed Keldeo. The best I can do is to make good prediction and force Keldeo to become the last pokemon on the enemy team. Sub Calm Mind/Sub 3 Attack/Life Orb Keldeo is the most problematic due to team being extremely Keldeo weak, thus giving it plenty of opportunities to set up Sub or hit something really hard on the switch.

Hydreigon : Again, due to the coverage that Hydreigon has access to, it is extremely hard for me to switch into Hydreigon. Life Orb variants is a huge threat to this team as they often carry Focus Blast/Surf which maims Heatran, while Rotom does not enjoy repeated Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor.

Scizor : Choice Banded Scizor is one of the most common and one the biggest threat to this team. Landorus-T does not enjoy repeated Bullet Punch from it, and if they predict Rotom and Superpowers its usually dead if not extremely crippled. Also Banded U-turn hurts alot and also gives them alot of momentum. The closest thing I have to deal with Scizor is Heatran and it doesn't appreciate having its Balloon broken or eating a Superpower.

Garchomp : Lead Garchomp was always tricky for me as well. Due to its bulk and its ability to set up Stealth Rock, I have to play a prediction game right off the bat If I should switch to Xatu predicting rocks or stay in with Landorus-T and HP Ice predicting the Swords Dance. Banded/Scarfed variant are easy to revenge kill with Weavile while Yache berry variant takes 2 pokemons to take down.

Conkeldurr : Due to its immense bulk and access to recovery move such as Drain Punch it is hard for this team to take down. Ice Punch nails Landorus-T and Xatu while Mach Punch OHKOs Weavile while dealing massive damage to Heatran and Kyurem-B. Rotom also cannot beat it 1v1 due to Drain Punch and cannot status it fearing the power spike due to guts.

Importable : I don't know how to do the spoiler tag thing so yep. Enjoy

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 70 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature
IVs : 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would definitely not say that it's a hyper offense, but that's an interesting team.

As you mentioned, Keldeo is quite the threat for that team (and not only the Specs, it's probably the easiest to deal with for your team actually). Same goes for Fighting strong hitters able to hit Landorus-T with an Ice move. So yea, Conkeldurr.
So, I don't like that Xatu at all in a team like that, you could try Breloom instead. He could provide you with a cheap check to Keldeo, but also as a way to beat slow fuckers like Conkeldurr or Reuniclus (because the OTR version can sweep quite hard that team).
I checked your Xatu description, and I feel like Breloom could take that slot and fill his "role" surprisingly well. Indeed, Breloom also has to ability to deal with Ferrothorn, Forretress while getting the momemtumn. On top of that you still threaten Keldeo, Terrakion, but better.
Finally, it seems to fit your team better in terms of creating a win condition. Indeed, as everybody knows, Pursuiters like Weavile usually work hand in hand with a Fighting pokemon, in order to clean its way. The way you can pursuit Lati@s, Alak, Gengar, Magic Bouncers, Celebi etc... is pretty valuable for Breloom. On the other end, they weaken their wall pretty well (think about Jirachi, Landorus-T etc. who will be overloaded).
Honnestly, with Weavile + Breloom + Kyurem-B (+Lando-T as fast pivot), you get a darn brutal physical offensive core providing you with many options in order to create a win condition.
As for the Breloom set, you have several options (SD, Low Sweep, or Focus Punch set). But the spread should be 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe in order to survive crap like Keldeo's HP Ice (and some Ferrothorn's Gyro that invested to OHKO Breloom after some residual damage). And NO LIFE ORB (or you ruin the spread's point, to check Keldeo), Fighting Gem being the obvious choice (but you can try some fancy stuff too).

In the second part of the rate, I want to improve your sets.

I don't really like your Kyurem-B set. Dragon move + Ice move is highly redundant. Focus Blast can hit Ferrothorn for decent damages, and that's pretty much all it does. Instead you could try to put Earth Power and Substitute to ease your prediction and round off your coverage. You will probably need to invest a bit more in SpA in order to get the kills you need (and 56 HP Evs for the substitutes).
About Rotom-W, it's a shame that you don't have any recover move on a Bulky version like this one. I highly encourage you to try Pain Split over HP Grass, or a ChestoRest set (with Rest over HP Grass and a Chesto Berry).
Finally, you should trade Roar on Heatran for Stealth Rock, that's the best spot you got for this move, and I don't see what is really the point of Roar (you got Rotom-W for Gyarados anyway, so I don't know why you talked about it in the Heatran's description.

I hope that I helped, good luck with your team !

I would definitely not say that it's a hyper offense, but that's an interesting team.

As you mentioned, Keldeo is quite the threat for that team (and not only the Specs, it's probably the easiest to deal with for your team actually). Same goes for Fighting strong hitters able to hit Landorus-T with an Ice move. So yea, Conkeldurr.
So, I don't like that Xatu at all in a team like that, you could try Breloom instead. He could provide you with a cheap check to Keldeo, but also as a way to beat slow fuckers like Conkeldurr or Reuniclus (because the OTR version can sweep quite hard that team).
I checked your Xatu description, and I feel like Breloom could take that slot and fill his "role" surprisingly well. Indeed, Breloom also has to ability to deal with Ferrothorn, Forretress while getting the momemtumn. On top of that you still threaten Keldeo, Terrakion, but better.
Finally, it seems to fit your team better in terms of creating a win condition. Indeed, as everybody knows, Pursuiters like Weavile usually work hand in hand with a Fighting pokemon, in order to clean its way. The way you can pursuit Lati@s, Alak, Gengar, Magic Bouncers, Celebi etc... is pretty valuable for Breloom. On the other end, they weaken their wall pretty well (think about Jirachi, Landorus-T etc. who will be overloaded).
Honnestly, with Weavile + Breloom + Kyurem-B (+Lando-T as fast pivot), you get a darn brutal physical offensive core providing you with many options in order to create a win condition.
As for the Breloom set, you have several options (SD, Low Sweep, or Focus Punch set). But the spread should be 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe in order to survive crap like Keldeo's HP Ice (and some Ferrothorn's Gyro that invested to OHKO Breloom after some residual damage). And NO LIFE ORB (or you ruin the spread's point, to check Keldeo), Fighting Gem being the obvious choice (but you can try some fancy stuff too).

In the second part of the rate, I want to improve your sets.

I don't really like your Kyurem-B set. Dragon move + Ice move is highly redundant. Focus Blast can hit Ferrothorn for decent damages, and that's pretty much all it does. Instead you could try to put Earth Power and Substitute to ease your prediction and round off your coverage. You will probably need to invest a bit more in SpA in order to get the kills you need (and 56 HP Evs for the substitutes).
About Rotom-W, it's a shame that you don't have any recover move on a Bulky version like this one. I highly encourage you to try Pain Split over HP Grass, or a ChestoRest set (with Rest over HP Grass and a Chesto Berry).
Finally, you should trade Roar on Heatran for Stealth Rock, that's the best spot you got for this move, and I don't see what is really the point of Roar (you got Rotom-W for Gyarados anyway, so I don't know why you talked about it in the Heatran's description.

I hope that I helped, good luck with your team !
Now that you mention it, I do feel like Breloom sounds really appealing as it allows me to check Terrakion and Keldeo, as well as being able to dent Hydreigon. But however as this team has no spinner as well as being a volt-turn team as well as having Kyurem-B who takes 25% from Stealth Rock, I have to really think if its worth it to change to Breloom.

As for Kyurem-B set, having Ice Beam actually lets me break through Landorus-T and Gliscor who would otherwise wall my Kyurem. I feel like both moves are valuable on the set and I don't think I would be changing it. Focus Blast not only allow me to hit Ferrothorn, but it also let me 2HKO the likes of physically defensive foretress, which Earth Power fails to do. Heatran is taken care of by Focus Blast + Fusion Bolt. Althought I must admit Focus Miss's accuracy could be discouraging sometimes, but as of right now I feel like Focus Blast gives me more coverage.

4 SpAtk Life Orb Kyurem-B (-SpAtk) Earth Power vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 37.85% - 44.92% (3 hits to KO)
4 SpAtk Life Orb Kyurem-B (-SpAtk) Focus Blast vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 50.28% - 59.6% (2 hits to KO)

Also, changing to the substitute set would not only make me lose coverage, but it makes me lose power in general because I would have to run leftovers over life orb. Without life orb, I actually miss out on some 2hKOs.

And on Rotom, yeah I've actually thought about running Pain Split, which could also help my Rotom stay alive longer. I am going to try out Pain Split and see how it goes.

As for Roar on Heatran, it is true that I don't use it much, but when I first put Roar it was mainly for HP Ground Volcarona, because even with Balloon Heatran loses to it. While Stealth Rock does sound tempting, I might think Taunt would be a better choice, but I m not sure.

While I may disagree with some of the changes you listed, your reply is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I think your Rotom needs a bit more offensive presence. Try the EVs 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpAtk with a Modest nature. Also with WillO over TWave. I also think your Heatran would do better with a Modest nature. Now the main problem: Kyurem-B

The only set Kyurem-B should ever run is Adamant Banded, and not the set on Smogon either. The people using Mixed have no idea what they're tLking about half the time, and the other half they're once again following Smogon blindly, which is a huge mistake. EVs are 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 Special Defense. Item is obviously Choice Band. Moves are Outrage, Fusion Bolt, Freeze Shock, and Sleep Talk or Dragon Claw. Freeze Shock is there over Ice Beam since even though it takes a turn, it does more then twice the damage to each of its targets Ice Beam would. Before you mindlessly say to use Ice Beam anyway, it OHKOs Ferrothorn, can't be called by Sleep Talk, and even with the wasted turn nothing will want to switch into it, calc it vs anything you want to prove me wrong about why it's better.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I wasnt clear enough.

I want you to drop Dragon Claw, NOT Ice Beam.
I don't see the point of the calc about Forretress, you can just switch to Heatran and get SR up, or go to Breloom and Spore something (etc). On top of that, I told you that you should probably invest in SpA, you could grab the 2HKO if you really need to (you don't though).

If you think that having ONE SR weak pokemon (25%) is worth a slot in your team for a sub par pokemon... then whatever, it's up to you.

As for the comment above me, you are totally wrong if you consider CB Kyurem as its only viable set. The "best" set is the mixed sub set, because it's the best at doing what Kyurem-B is supposed to do : dismantle defensive cores.

Okay, so I wasnt clear enough.

I want you to drop Dragon Claw, NOT Ice Beam.
I don't see the point of the calc about Forretress, you can just switch to Heatran and get SR up, or go to Breloom and Spore something (etc). On top of that, I told you that you should probably invest in SpA, you could grab the 2HKO if you really need to (you don't though).

If you think that having ONE SR weak pokemon (25%) is worth a slot in your team for a sub par pokemon... then whatever, it's up to you.

As for the comment above me, you are totally wrong if you consider CB Kyurem as its only viable set. The "best" set is the mixed sub set, because it's the best at doing what Kyurem-B is supposed to do : dismantle defensive cores.
Well I could drop DClaw for roost, making my Kyurem live longer.
The point isn't that only Kyurem is weak to SR, but as this team is heavily reliant on volt-turning, stealth rock takes off 12% everytime Rotom and Lando switches in, while Weavile and Kyurem takes 25%.

I think your Rotom needs a bit more offensive presence. Try the EVs 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpAtk with a Modest nature. Also with WillO over TWave. I also think your Heatran would do better with a Modest nature. Now the main problem: Kyurem-B

The only set Kyurem-B should ever run is Adamant Banded, and not the set on Smogon either. The people using Mixed have no idea what they're tLking about half the time, and the other half they're once again following Smogon blindly, which is a huge mistake. EVs are 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 Special Defense. Item is obviously Choice Band. Moves are Outrage, Fusion Bolt, Freeze Shock, and Sleep Talk or Dragon Claw. Freeze Shock is there over Ice Beam since even though it takes a turn, it does more then twice the damage to each of its targets Ice Beam would. Before you mindlessly say to use Ice Beam anyway, it OHKOs Ferrothorn, can't be called by Sleep Talk, and even with the wasted turn nothing will want to switch into it, calc it vs anything you want to prove me wrong about why it's better.
So instead of OHKOing Gliscor and Lando-T i can overkill it?

i actually made a wall breaking kyurem-b b4 after being pissed by protect noobs and heavy stall teams. focus blast sucks in general and not worth a slot to hit ferro. i recommended a spread of 16atk/252spa/240spe(mild nature) with ice beam, fusion bolt,earth power and roost. The eves give u good mixed stats along with outspeeding adamant lucario by a point. ice beam 2hkos most ferrothorns after little damage while fusion bolt gives u bolt beam and takes out bulky waters. roost is important because stall teams take a dump on life orb users, some would even quit once u reveal roost. Kyurem b should always b with a spinner especially if its ur main poke.

i think u should get an actual spinner in starmie. i recommend the defensive one because u are weak to keldeo although the offensive one gets past jellicent better. it could replace xatu and even though it may seem redundant with rotom w, u need at least 2 keldeo checks in this meta

u mite lose to a focus sash team if dont put rocks on heatran. lastly i dont hav any real suggestions but i think u need some sort of a win condition

dbzmariogeno have you ever used a Sub+3 attacks Kyube? It is one of the most broken pokemon, as it can easily set up a sub on numerous pokemon, and proceed to almost always get a kill. CB Kyube is most definitely not the best, let alone the only set it should use. It is easily revenged, and, while it can break walls, it has many easily exploitable weaknesses.

Actually I was trying to prove a point, I really like using Banded Kyurem because I like using it. If I wanted to use something else I would, but anyone here saying something like "the best set is the mixed sub set" is saying they think a Smogon set is the best, which is 1 thing, but if it is only because it's a Smogon set (like 80% of the people here most of the time) that's what gets annoying.

Actually I was trying to prove a point, I really like using Banded Kyurem because I like using it. If I wanted to use something else I would, but anyone here saying something like "the best set is the mixed sub set" is saying they think a Smogon set is the best, which is 1 thing, but if it is only because it's a Smogon set (like 80% of the people here most of the time) that's what gets annoying.
Yeah, using banded Kyube is really fun XD. However, I don't like the sub+4 attacks set merely because it is on smogon. I think a typically better spread is (as opposed to the more physically based one on the site):

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Mild
EVs:56 HP/(212 SpA/240 Spe if HP Fire)/(216 SpA/240 Spe if EP)
Substitute
Fusion Bolt
Ice beam
Earth Power/Hidden Power [Fire]

This gives you more SpA, and impeccable coverage. Running two special attacks is a lot better than running D-claw, as now it can kill almost anything (bar stuff like Ferrothorn, Chansey, etc.) once it gets a sub up.

I hate mixed because I made a sort of famous Tailwind team with Banded Kyurem B, then decided to try mixed. Needless to say I was extremelly dissapointed. It's weak, easily beaten, has no way to beat some of its counters, and relies on Hidden Power Fire to beat Ferrothorn reliably which can't beat it, especially in rain and considering some Ferrothorns do carry Gyro Ball

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Okay, so I didnt know you were doing a crusade for CB Kyurem-B on this RMT, but to make things totally clear :

- Ice Beam from the specially based mixed set against FERROTHORN (classic spread) : Ice Beam: 43.46 - 51.98%
- Outrage from the bander : Outrage: 38.63 - 45.73%

So, quick calculation : Freeze Shock : 77.26 - 91.46% (not an OHKO AT ALL)

And we all know that Freeze Shock takes two turns to work.
In two turns, you could fire off two Ice Beams. Thus, you'll do more damages, not be locked in the crappiest most ever, and the dude won't be able to screw your plan with a switch (because yea, he could simply switch to defensive Toed -one of the most common Ferro mate- for instance and Protect while you're spamming your crappy move one turn out of two).
Your arguement about how CB Kyurem-B is better because it kills Ferrothorn (and then probably simply die LOL) is invalid.

Case closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)