I'd love to say I'm not yet another noob posting an RMT thread...

...but I'd be lying. Anyways, before I get started, I'd like to clarify a few things. I used to battle a lot...my name on there was YSM, in the unlikely event that someone might recognize me...but that was over two years ago. Thus, I know little to nothing about the current or new metagames...which means my movesets might be okay, but my team as a whole likely has a couple big weaknesses to popular Pokemon. So any help there would be cool. Second, I go for Pokemon I actually like, rather than standard standard standard. Obviously, some will be standards, but some like Scizor likely won't. Third, this will be my Wi-fi team, so I'm undecided on whether or not I'll bother with EVs yet. Aaaand that's about it...rate(or rape, as the case may be) away:

Scizor@Salac Berry/Beautiful Skin
Trait:Swarm
Nature:Adamant(Atk+, SpAtk-)

Scissor Cross
Iron Head
Swords Dance
Feather Rest

He's always been my favorite, so I have to use him. I might stick with this, or replace Iron Head with Pursuit and Swarm with Technician(and maybe throw in Double Attack if Substitute begins to frequently abuse my team). Either way, the strategy is to SD until I've taken some damage. Once I get to 1/3 damage, the Salac Berry kicks in, hopefully making me faster than a fair amount of Pokemon(obviously not all)...although, I'm undecided on whether I should stick with the salac berry or use Beautiful Skin to escape Magnezone. If I stick with Salac Berry, that's when I Feather Rest and unleash his sexy attack power.

Togekiss@Leftovers
Trait:Serene Grace(Chances of added effects are doubled)
Nature:Timid(Spd+, Atk-)

Air Slash(may cause opponent to flinch)
Scheme
Ancientpower
Feather Rest

Togekiss is quite the pain in the butt. Pretty resistant to Special attacks, and its ability is awesome. Pretty self explanatory...Scheme to boost my special attack, Air Slash to flinch, Ancientpower to boost all my stats, and Feather Rest to stay alive.

Swampert@Leftovers
Trait:Torrent
Nature:Brave(+Atk, -Spd)

Earthquake
Surf
Snow Slide
Stealth Rock

Swampert was a beast BEFORE he could learn rock-spikes. Now, he's a monster. EQ and Surf are self-explanatory. I threw on Snow Slide for Salamence/Garchomp, and since almost everyone will be faster, it'll be better than Ice Beam most of the time. And of course, Stealth Rock is worse than Spikes, in some cases.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Trait:Pressure
Nature:Impish(+Def, -SpAtk)

Will'O'Wisp
Shadow Punch
Pain Split
Thunder Punch

When they bring in their Rapid Spinner to get rid of Stealth Rock, I bring in Dusknoir. Moveset is fairly self-explanatory, Thunder Punch is there for Gyarados, mostly...although I realize he's not exactly the best Dos counter out there.

Donphan@Leftovers
Trait:Sturdy
Nature:Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)

EQ
Rapid Spin
Roar
Ice Pebble/Knock Off

I really dont feel like dealing with Dragon Dancing, Calm Minding, Spiking, Stealth Rocks, etc...so here is my Rapid Spinner and PHazer. My only question is whether I should go with Knock Off, or throw on Ice Pebble for Salamence/Land Shark.

Infernape@Life Orb
Trait:Jolly(+Spd, -SpAtk)
Nature:Blaze

In-Fight
Flare Drive
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Heavy hitter. I love Infernape because it's very tough to predict what moveset he'll have. I went with Jolly to improve on his already phenomenal Speed, and Life Orb to give him a little extra juice.

The basic strategy is to use Scizor and Infernape as big hitters, Togekiss and Swampert a good mix of power and defense, and Dusknoir and Donphan as role players. I'll probably lead off with Swampert to use Stealth Rock first, and hopefully drag out their Rapid Spinner early.

I guess my biggest question would be what Pokemon could cause a huge problem, and the best way to deal with them. I'm also a complete idiot with Held Items(hence the Leftovers abuse), so alternative suggestions would be much appreciated. I tried to explain my strategy and not make this a stereotypical waste of time, but if I failed at that, I apologize in advance.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This team needs a special wall, it will have problems with Psychic/Flamethrower/Grass Rope Azelf.

You also might want another fighting resist... Heracross with borked Pursuit screws up Dusknoir, at which point you're helpless against In Fight abuse.

I don't like the Scizor set... It will probably either get pseudohazed by Skarmory, or Gyarados just comes in and sets up on it. Also, Salac activates at 25%, not 33% - which makes it harder to pull it off without Substitute or Endure.

I kind of thought Togekiss would make an okay Special wall...it's got 115 base SpcDef. Do you think Shadow Ball over Ancientpower would be a legit Azelf counter, or would I be better off removing someone altogether?

I definitely see the problems Scizor would have against a Gyarados or Skarmory. I was planning on using him late-game whenever possible, but since that won't always be an option...what would you suggest? I'd prefer not to go with the Endure+Reversal set if possible. Perhaps something like this?

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant
Technician

Scissor Cross
Iron Head
Somersault
Pursuit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)