IMDB - Surfing the WEB (Peaked #27, 1670 ELO)

Rate dis team pl0x

• Total voters

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Heya, scrubs.

This is the 3rd RMT I've posted since I joined Smogon in early January, and probably the best one to date. This got me from low 1400s (I hit this awful tilt when Pokeaim beat me on the ladder), to this rank:

Webs in general RIP UP the current ladder metagame (Swagplay, Evasionpass, Ladderscrubs, HHHHHO), and is a great team that I'd recommend using for grinding.

This team was inspired by a webs team made by Orch, which got me through rounds 1, 2 and 3 of Haruno's XY Ubers tournament. Without further ado - the team!

Gravity (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney OP.

The main reason I chose Smeargle over Shuckle is, sadly, the abundance of strategies like Swagger and Evasion pass on the PS! Ubers ladder. That being said, though - Smeargle has pulled its weight mostly every game. Unless riddled with an opposing lead Cloyster, Scolipede, Zekrom or ESpeed Deo-A, it manages to offensively cripple a member of the team with Nuzzle, and set down the all-important Sticky Web, the glue that holds this team together (and holds the opposing team down).

Edge of Tomorrow (Lucario-Mega) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

He's Cruisin' through Ubers, killing enemies, respawning them and killing them again.

The only real safe ins to this thing are Klefki, the Giratinas, Lugia (with lack of Stealth Rocks being up) and bulky Steels that have a secondary resist to Fighting. Come in on a pink blob with webs and rocks up, set up Swords Dance, and proceed to win the game. Not even Groudon can switch into this thing - unboosted Close Combat deals ~60%, an EASY 2HKO.

Also acts as the Mon to finish off the nigh-on omnipresent Xerneas after being weakened a bit.

Captain Phillips (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Take no hostages. Drown them all.

Standard Specsogre - fits on literally every webs team. The firepower this thing packs is absolutely monstrous - AV Palkia after switching into rocks twice gets 2HKO'd. It check numerous threats to this team with its sheer, blistering 550+ SpA, boosted by rain and STAB with a 150 base power move to begin with.

...Boom.

The Dark Knight (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 48 Atk / 236 SAtk / 224 Spd
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt

Pretty freakin' self-explanatory.

This thing acts as a wallbreaker should the monstrosity that is SpecsOgre somehow fail - taunt is always useful, Sucker Punch provides me much needed priority, and the EVs are specifically for Mega-Gengar, avoiding the OHKO off of Oblivion Wing, taunting it, and oblivion wing'ing again :)

Neighbours (Dialga) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Spd / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

When this thing gets sent out, hilarity ensues.

Dual Status Dialga catches literally every laddertard and pro player by surprise. It can take a hit from Scarfogre with ease, it's got Stealth Rocks which really patch the team's Lugia weakness, and ice beam is a very spammable move, easily damaging most Mons that would stay in on Dialga, even after its set is revealed.

If an EKiller tries to set up on this thing - Thunder Wave. It can also take +2 Extremespeed with ease - this thing carries so much weight on the team.

This thing is literally my favorite mon to use right now - it's dual status Darkrai gen 5 all over again!

Avenger (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Recover

Yes, I'm aware it's an EKiller wallpaper. Live with it.
As for the movie title - this thing has the power of the Hulk, the innovation of Iron Man, the frisbees of Captain America, the hammer of Thor (if you know what I mean), the accuracy of Hawkeye, the intelligence of Nick Fury, and the general sex appeal of Scarlett Johanson.

The best part about having a ground type Arceus? That Zekrom will have no idea what it's just done when it clicks Bolt Strike. Great late-game sweeper, webs allow it to spam Earthquake - it rounds off the team nicely.

Well, that's it for this scrub's RMT - like, comment, rate and share as you want, and enjoy!

General shoutouts to all the (BAN ME PLEASE) in the PS! Ubers room - you know who you are.
Threats/threatlist is scattered throughout the RMT.

1/10

weak to geoxern, yveltal, landorus-therian, gliscor, gira-o, darkai, kangaskhan, shaymin-sky, and it goes on...

ice beam over recover on groundceus, get 24 SPA ev on it too
rapid spin, webs, spore, and nuzzle on smeargle is the only acceptable set
Your dialga is cute, but not good lol. twave seems bad on it, especially it being on a STICKY team...... Also, your dialga is very defoggable vs, and its really easy to justify a toxic or twave from dialga for no webs, which is really bad for you since you rely on webs being up to barely check half of meta's threats.

I'll let other people to make actual suggestions/ratings.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1/10

weak to geoxern, yveltal, landorus-therian, gliscor, gira-o, darkai, kangaskhan, shaymin-sky, and it goes on...
We discussed in chat how Dialga, Webs and Lucario-Mega deal with GeoXern, substitute or not.
Dialga reks Yveltal...
Specsogre nullifies Landorus-Therian and Gliscor...
Giratina-O? Meet Yveltal.
Darkrai is a valid weakness, though.
Kangaskhan is dealt with by webs and Lucario Close Combat.
Shaymin-Sky? Please, list more relevant threats, I'd love to hear 'em.

:P

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
We discussed in chat how Dialga, Webs and Lucario-Mega deal with GeoXern, substitute or not.
Dialga reks Yveltal...
Specsogre nullifies Landorus-Therian and Gliscor...
Giratina-O? Meet Yveltal.
Darkrai is a valid weakness, though.
Kangaskhan is dealt with by webs and Lucario Close Combat.
Shaymin-Sky? Please, list more relevant threats, I'd love to hear 'em.

:P
orch loves to do that lol.

solid team, i would recommend jolly > adamant on lucario and iron tail over swords dance, when i used luc i rarely ever found a good oppurtunity to SD, and iron tail is for a really hard hitting stab steel type move not named bullet punch. stone edge still ohkos ho-oh if you run jolly, and adamant rock slide still ohkos and is probably safer if you are adamant (lol) about running adamant.

one thing orch is right on is the fact that your dialga is screaming to be rapid spinned on. also that smeargle set is not as good as the one he listed. spore is MUCH more viable imo. specially defensive dual status dialga wants dragon tail...badly...so you should probably run that over thunder wave - which is redundant with web - to allow you to phase and spread toxic poisoning across the team, as well as create more favorable matchups and make your opponent rely on luck to get out to something that can stop it.

ice beam would help with lando-t and gliscor on groundceus, but thats really preference; you can usually muscle through them if you have recover anyways.

and its unfortunate you have no hazards control as other web teams destroy you.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna lie, that Dialga set sucks on that team. Basically any common Defogger or Spinner can Defog against it which is an absolute nono on a web team, especially one with Smeargle. Dialga needs to be offensive on Web teams, change it to a Life Orb set with Modest and DM/Fire Blast/Flash Cannon - your current set is horribly out of place on Web HO, it's like putting Blissey on Deo-S offense. Completely ruins your momentum and is bait for too much stuff.

Orch is right, Kang wrecks this team pretty badly. It stops Smeargle from setting up Web and O-2HKOes everything, and you have to pray Web is up to check it with Lucario because you're running Adamant instead of Jolly (Jolly is much better with SD). Another reason why you want Jolly is +speed nature Yveltal, which is also nasty to this team.

I'm on an iPad right now so I won't do a full rate but I feel like this team needs restructuring, it has some key issues (has easy to Defog on mons, Kang weak, Darkrai weak, Spikes weak) that prevent it from covering all the inherent weaknesses in Web builds. Hit me up on PS! next time and I'll discuss it with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)