OHAI STALL (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake

It inherits from Trapinch. Basically stops anything that tries to stall you as long as it isn't a Poison Heal user. It was especially good against Sableye Chansey though that doesn't exist anymore.

As for Contrary, I don't understand why you chose Pangoro over Terrakion. The only advantage it has is Dark STAB. Literally all you need to do with Terrakion is spam Superpower and kill everything that isn't a ghost type.
I prefer something like this

Dugtrio (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake

If they can't do anything beside status and Seismic Toss/Night Shade, why Sleep Talk? Waste two turns is okay if they can't set up or do anything to you. That's why I prefer set up. You can beat Poison Heal users this way, as long as it doesn't set up.
lmao i once used scarf wailord with final gambit...and its actually amazing for getting rid of most of landorus' counters. i used it as a joke since i couldn't think of anything to run, but it actually pulled its weight on the team, breaking stallcores, and koing potential walls.

lmao i once used scarf wailord with final gambit...and its actually amazing for getting rid of most of landorus' counters. i used it as a joke since i couldn't think of anything to run, but it actually pulled its weight on the team, breaking stallcores, and koing potential walls.
Why not Blissey (or Chansey, I suppose, if you want to bluff something else)? It can switch into some moves and still have plenty of HP to kick ass, at least -- as well as being better against other Chanseys. Is there something that a scarf lets it outspeed at 60 that wouldn't work at 55?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Why not Blissey (or Chansey, I suppose, if you want to bluff something else)? It can switch into some moves and still have plenty of HP to kick ass, at least -- as well as being better against other Chanseys. Is there something that a scarf lets it outspeed at 60 that wouldn't work at 55?
i mainly used wailord because allthough bliss is bulkier specially by a tonne, wailord still kills everything relivant, has equalized bulk, has slightly more speed, and can potentially revenge kill a poke with EQ. all situational, but otherwise nothing really differentiates the two. plus seeing the giant whale makes me happy because i wish it had more screen time.

i mainly used wailord because allthough bliss is bulkier specially by a tonne, wailord still kills everything relivant, has equalized bulk, has slightly more speed, and can potentially revenge kill a poke with EQ. all situational, but otherwise nothing really differentiates the two. plus seeing the giant whale makes me happy because i wish it had more screen time.
It's also cool to note that scarfed Wailord outspeeds everything under max speed base 115's, something Blissey cannot achieve, Blissey cannot outspeed base 108's like Terrakion.

God I can't wait to use this:

Starmie @ Splash Plate
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Speaking of based whale lord (heheh) here is a cool set I tried out:

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Roar
- Volt Switch

This inherits from Jolteon, the only Pokemon to get Wish, Heal Bell, and a switching move (I think anyway, if not it is still the best to inherit from). It also gives Wailord an immunity to one of its weaknesses with Volt Absorb, and recover HP in the process. With its massive HP stat, Wailord makes a great Wish passers, able to tank hits, heal itself when necessary, then use Wish before tanking a hit and bringing in the Pokemon you want healed safely with a slow Volt Switch. Heal Bell is icing on the cake, allowing you to cure status off of your sweepers for even more team support. Wailord is a great Pokemon, and I was never disappointed when using this set--it always managed to do its job effectively. Another option is Roar if you have a status absorber/PH mon/alternate Heal Beller, that allows you to phaze set up sweepers.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay so what exactly is stopping Aerodactyl / Lando-T / Zard X / Gyarados / Salamence all inheriting from Mega Rayquaza

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Okay so what exactly is stopping Aerodactyl / Lando-T / Zard X / Gyarados / Salamence all inheriting from Mega Rayquaza
aside from gyarados, off the top of my head, unaware rhyperior stops all of them. Its not an unviable mon either, gale wings checks are needed on many bulkier teams and a set of recover / stone edge / earthquake / filler is very effective.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nothing--that is perfectly legal.
No I mean what the hell is beating it lol
aside from gyarados, off the top of my head, unaware rhyperior stops all of them. Its not an unviable mon either, gale wings checks are needed on many bulkier teams and a set of recover / stone edge / earthquake / filler is very effective.
Keep in mind every single one of these Pokemon gets access to Waterfall (and Surf I guess)

Idk I'm just not seeing a single thing outside of like Flash Fire Skarmory

Speaking of based whale lord (heheh) here is a cool set I tried out:

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Roar
- Volt Switch

This inherits from Jolteon, the only Pokemon to get Wish, Heal Bell, and a switching move (I think anyway, if not it is still the best to inherit from). It also gives Wailord an immunity to one of its weaknesses with Volt Absorb, and recover HP in the process. With its massive HP stat, Wailord makes a great Wish passers, able to tank hits, heal itself when necessary, then use Wish before tanking a hit and bringing in the Pokemon you want healed safely with a slow Volt Switch. Heal Bell is icing on the cake, allowing you to cure status off of your sweepers for even more team support. Wailord is a great Pokemon, and I was never disappointed when using this set--it always managed to do its job effectively. Another option is Roar if you have a status absorber/PH mon/alternate Heal Beller, that allows you to phaze set up sweepers.
All the Eeveelutions, Togekiss, and Delcatty provide that trio of moves if you count Baton Pass as a switching move. Other than that, Jolteon is it yeah, and Volt Absorb on your pure Water type is obviously amazing.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
252+ Atk Sky Plate Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 339-399 (96 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sky Plate Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 199-234 (66.1 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sky Plate Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 306-361 (91.8 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sky Plate Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 255-301 (85.8 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sky Plate Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 337-397 (101.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
assuming you run hyper offensive with all five, they lose to the top revenge killer. enless you decide to run complete ass coverage with waterfall+espeed(possibly gyara can effectively run it without sacrificing coverage) which in turn makes them all wallable by stuff like rhydon/doublade the common walls to gale wings lando, all five risk the ohko(barring aerodactyl/bulky sets which are 2hkos). doesn't change the fact it can still win, i mean, if repetitive sets works in bh, it works here lmao. i wouldn't be opposed to a inheritors clause, but at the same time, that's never really been a huge problem in the metagame yet.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Keep in mind every single one of these Pokemon gets access to Waterfall (and Surf I guess)
252 Atk Aerodactyl Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rhyperior: 180-216 (41.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Landorus-T Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Rhydon: 180-212 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
I would say rhydon is a bit better for beating the aforementioned threats, but it does beat most despite waterfall's coverage.

Let me also mention what mons are revenged by the other common revenge killer of the tier. Also note that Banded Lant for gale wings is its most common set, not sky plate.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 348-421 (109 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 229-273 (76 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 390-458 (117.8 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So there are plenty of ways to beat the things. They also have a huge opportunity cost, don't act like they are perfect mons. Remember that v-create lowers your stats. Sure, decent nukes, but they lose momentum like crazy and are easily revenge killed, and most aren't that fast (not aero) making it hard for them to get off v-creates.

The thing that makes this meta different from others is that you can basically take an Pokemon's moveset and ability, like you can use Mamoswine's moveset and ability on say, Landorus. But you can't use your own moveset if you do inherit from another Pokemon, like you can't have Sheer Force on your Landorus-Incarnate if you inherit from Mamoswine.
Of course, you can choose not to inherit, but where's the fun in that? :]

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
It might be too early to say this but Heliolisk looks like it is going to be a nightmare for balance.

Heliolisk @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Dark Pulse / Psychock
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot / Agility / Recover

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack / Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam / Dark Pulse / Psyshock

I know you can't inherit huge/pure power legally, but would Mawile be able to inherit from mega mawile, since technically theyre the same mon? It counts them as the same on hackmons; If a ditto transforms into MMY, it can then mega evolve into MMX, or so I was told. This would be like Azumarill inheriting from itself

I know you can't inherit huge/pure power legally, but would Mawile be able to inherit from mega mawile, since technically theyre the same mon? It counts them as the same on hackmons; If a ditto transforms into MMY, it can then mega evolve into MMX, or so I was told. This would be like Azumarill inheriting from itself
- Inheriting Wonder Guard, Pure Power, Huge Power, Shadow Tag, Imposter, Parental Bond or inheriting from Smeargle or Sableye is banned.
Mega Mawile counts separately from regular Mawile in this meta. Even if it's the same species, you can't inherit illegal abilities.

And then Satan said...

Birdspam 2.0(Salamence)@Life Orb/Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
248 Atk/8 SpA/252 Spd
Naïve/Lonely Nature
-Brave Bird
-Overheat
-Swords Dance
-Roost/Coverage

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Nope. Azumaril can inherit from itself, Diggers, megawile, etc.
So Mawile can inherit from its mega.
no. azu cannot inherit from diggers, mega mawile and stuff.

"- You do not have to inherit. If you don't you stay the same as normal. This means you can use banned abilities."

edit:
this is false, the only items an impostered imposter will be able to take into effect, is the original pokemons item of which the imposter had been able to use beforehand. so imposter pikachu will be able to use light ball, but a imposter ditto does not get the light ball boost from a pikachu it impostered into if holding onto light ball itself. dittos items are the ONLY exception to this rule.

Last edited:
this is false, the only items an impostered imposter will be able to take into effect, is the original pokemons item of which the imposter had been able to use beforehand. so imposter pikachu will be able to use light ball, but a imposter ditto does not get the light ball boost from a pikachu it impostered into if holding onto light ball itself. dittos items are the ONLY exception to this rule.
Huh, well, looks like pikachuun was feeding me lies... -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)