Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Looks like the judges have settled on next round's ingredients. As soon as YABO, dod and TBMA finish their scoring, I'll start up the next round.

OK Hogg I finished sorry for the delay @_@ I also revised some of my earlier Theme scores since looking at other peoples rate (and rereading the OP) it looks like I shouldn't have been giving auto-5s to people who just had 2 Regen mons, so I evaluated how having the Regen mons improved/took away from the focus of their team and yeah a couple scores dropped. Fun competition, looking forward to the next theme!

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ya not gonna finish these scores any time soon as i have a lot of finals shit to get done in a very short amount of time

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No worries, YABO. Once TBMA's scores are complete that will be four judges, which should give a pretty fair reflection of the dishes.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Alright, everyone, that's a wrap.

The winner this round, with a total score of 18.38, is....

Congratulations, teal6! In addition to having the highest overall score thanks to winning your Iron Chef battle, you also had the highest average score from judges.
  • teal6: 18.38 (14 / 18.5 / 15 / 14, +3 Bonus Points)
  • Decision Makers: 17.63 (15 / 14.5 / 14 / 15, +3 Bonus Points)
  • Euphonos: 17.13 (13 / 14.5 / 15 / 14, +3 Bonus Points)
  • DaSpoofy: 16.88 (14 / 13.5 / 14 / 14, +3 Bonus Points)
  • vexyyyy: 16 (14 / 12 / 13 / 13, +3 Bonus Points)
  • OGWanka: 14.38 (15 / 15.5 / 14 / 13)
  • Kreme: 14.25 (14 / 15 / 15 / 13)
  • daedalus1103: 14 (13 / 16 / 15 / 12)
  • LilOuOn: 14 (15 / 13 / 14 / 14)
  • Mazz: 13.88 (13 / 16.5 / 12 / 14)
  • Patrick1088: 13.63 (14 / 12.5 / 13 / 15)
  • Colbrushie: 13.5 (13 / 16 / 12 / 13)
  • newfren: 13.38 (10 / 17.5 / 14 / 12)
  • Sacri': 12.88 (12 / 15.5 / 13 / 11)
  • Dad's Dad: 12 (14 / 11 / 12 / 11)
  • Serperior for Uber: 9.75 (11 / 9 / 9 / 10)
I'll have the new round up tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to all who participated and made Round 1 of the Smogon UU Iron Chef Challenge a huge success! In addition to our 16 fabulous contestants, I'd especially like to thank our four Iron Chefs, as well as dodmen, NV and Thisbemyalt for judging, and Nightingales for the fantastic trophy.

I've got some changes I'd like to implement over the next couple of rounds to make things even more exciting, and make the judging process go smoother, which I'll get written up shortly. Looking forward to the next round... something tells me it's going to be explosive.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It was a very fun first round, managed to get my goal which was 5/5 Originality from each judge XD looking forward to the next dish.

Reactions: nv

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
This round's theme is...

Kamikaze!
(Self-KO Moves)

This round's theme is kamikaze! Contestants must build around self-KO moves. For your team to qualify this round, it must contain at least two self-KO moves, such as Explosion, Selfdestruct and Memento.

Self-fainting moves present huge risk-reward potential for their users. A boldly played and well-timed Explosion or Memento can break through an opposing team's defensive core or give you the opportunity you need to set-up and sweep. On the other hand, misplaying one of these moves puts you at an immediate disadvantage.

How will our contestants build this incendiary theme into their dishes? And how will the Iron Chefs fight back? Tune in for an explosive round of Iron Chef!

Also, I've updated the OP with a couple of changes. In particular...

• For this round, we're going to try out the suggestion of +2 points for winning and -1 points for losing. Contestants are only required to challenge one Iron Chef, but if a second (or third, or even fourth) Iron Chef agrees to battle you as well, you could pick up even more points.
  • I have combined the teambuilding and battling portion of the competition. You have just over a week to complete your team AND challenge an Iron Chef. By Friday, May 8 at 11:59 GMT, all dishes must be submitted to the Chairman and battles must be played. If you have been unable to schedule a battle with any of our Iron Chefs in the time allotted and made an effort to do so, please mention this on the thread or PM me. Remember that even if your desired Iron Chef challenger is unable to be reached, there are three others that can be challenged.
  • In an effort to keep the contest moving, any dishes that are incomplete at the time of the deadline will be disqualified. Please remember to submit not only your team but a brief description of how the team plays.
  • As an incentive to judge, anyone who judges this round gets to pick the next round's ingredient.
I've also had some suggestions for changing the way judging works in general, which I'm considering implementing for future rounds, but in the meantime we will try out these changes and see how it goes. I'm also working on a sample judging rubric, so that those who want to judge can do so quickly.

Also, even if you can't judge, feel free to talk about the teams, themes, battles or ingredients! I'd like to see discussion going on this thread.

Allez, cuisine!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This round is gonna be so much fun. I can see shit like Memento + Tailwind Whimsi to set up sweeps for slower / bulkier shit and also see shit like Mega Glalie w/ Explosion (a good idea for anyone who may want to use it...if I teambuild this round I may even do that :o )

All in all...good luck to those who participate because if I don't participate, remember...I AM THE LAW!!!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Yes, any move that automatically faints the user counts - so Healing Wish and Lunar Dance do, but something like Grudge or Destiny Bond does not.

That said, some judges last round gave extra points in Use of Theme to teams that went beyond the minimum requirements to really make the theme central to their team. So, moves that don't technically qualify such as D-bond or Double-Edge/Brave Bird might garner some extra points, depending on the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)