Is clefable overpowered? Share your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Both.

EDIT: But seriously. Clefable's a gimmick at best in OU. It isn't OP at all. Also this should go in the Simple Questions thread or the replays thread. Besides, you were running mono-flying :P

Both.

EDIT: But seriously. Clefable's a gimmick at best in OU. It isn't OP at all. Also this should go in the Simple Questions thread or the replays thread. Besides, you were running mono-flying :P
Still, iron head on clefable was hardly making a dent, and sludge wave was being brushed off as if it were poision sting.

Your team didn't have any strong enough poison or steel moves to KO it. All you could do was whirlwind it out, which meant that once it was the last pokemon left, you were screwed against it. The sludge wave WAS a 2HKO, just not enough of one because it wasn't STAB'd and so Clefable could take it down to a 3HKO with Cosmic Power, and Skarm just doesn't have the attack stat (especially when it's EVd in defense as it usually is) to do much real damage with iron head despite being STAB'd.

You needed something like (Mega) Scizor, sludge bomb Mega Venusuar, iron head Bisharp, or offensive flash cannon Heatran. Other strategies include tricking it a choice item (which you can force on it by waiting until it's the last pokemon left), or taunting it.

If you really wanted to be a jerk you could have brought Malamar and used topsy turvy on it :3

Your team didn't have any strong enough poison or steel moves to KO it. All you could do was whirlwind it out, which meant that once it was the last pokemon left, you were screwed against it. The sludge wave WAS a 2HKO, just not enough of one because it wasn't STAB'd and so Clefable could take it down to a 3HKO with Cosmic Power, and Skarm just doesn't have the attack stat (especially when it's EVd in defense as it usually is) to do much real damage with iron head despite being STAB'd.

You needed something like (Mega) Scizor, sludge bomb Mega Venusuar, iron head Bisharp, or offensive flash cannon Heatran. Other strategies include tricking it a choice item (which you can force on it by waiting until it's the last pokemon left), or taunting it.

Thank you for the very helpful reply. I ev'd my skarmory defense first, then speed. I wanted it to be mostly a set up pokemon. I also feel if skarmory wasn't paralyzed, i might of had a better chance, because iron head can flinch.

Thank you for the very helpful reply. I ev'd my skarmory defense first, then speed. I wanted it to be mostly a set up pokemon. I also feel if skarmory wasn't paralyzed, i might of had a better chance, because iron head can flinch.
True, if you had gotten the flinch that could have worked too.

Another pokemon that comes to mind is sludge bomb gengar, but he's pretty frail and doesn't resist moonblast. But it's another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)