Is Speed Boost with Baton Pass OP or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say I have a decent team, but every time, I just get wrecked by some Torchic passing off 3x speed to some strong Pokemon that is slower than a Magcargo (Not literally). It just seems that the ability Speed Boost is too much.

There are plenty of ways to deal with Torchic, ranging from overpowering it to using Roar or Whirlwind. You can also use priority, or a pokemon like Cottonee who can Encore Torchic's boosting move or protect. There's also stuff like Sturdy or Focus Sash, which can let you get some extra hits in.

In the future, short questions like this should be posted in the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread. Welcome to Smogon!

I noticed this is your first post to smogon and I just thought I'd fill you in on typical forum etiquette. If you'd like to post a new thread you should either contact the LC tier leader blarajan or the forum mod macle. Unless you can get approval from them, it's better to discuss your idea in the LC chatroom on in the IRC channel. For a question like this it's probably best to ask in the "Simple Question, Simple Answers" thread and you could go ahead and introduce yourself there as well. As for an actual answer you could use roar/whirlwind, simply over power it, or moves like encore or taunt.

Edit: Ninja'd by kappa :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)