Is this really accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here with a mini-rant: Is using AR or RNG manipulated pokemon really acceptable in wifi battles? It seems every third person I battle has a team full of shiny legendaries with apparently perfect IVs. Is this really kosher? Has the Day-Care center been replaced with the AR or RNG manipulation program? It just seems kind of dirty that one should have to depend on outside programs/hardware to make their team instead of actually breeding them.

Thanks for letting me get that out.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
RNGing is 100% legit since it can be done without the use of 3rd party devices. The device (In most cases the RNG Reporter) just tells use when to go into the game and how many steps/stuff to take. It doesn't "make" Pokemon for us. Almost all good competitive battlers in VGC use RNG'd pokes and they don't get disqualified. Plus, everyone on Smogon, and a lot of other sites, except them as legit.
Many people don't like RNGing because they think "If I can't do it, it's hacking", but that's simply not the case.

For future reference, this isn't the place for a thread like this. Use this thread.

RNG manipulation is perfectly legit. All that RNG abuse is is basically setting your DS to a specific time and entering the game at a specific time. There's nothing wrong with it and you don't physically insert an external device into your DS to gain perfect breeds/captures. Just thought I'd let you know :P

Edit: Ninja'd, sort of.

Many people don't like RNGing because they think "If I can't do it, it's hacking", but that's simply not the case.

t=3455714"]this[/URL] thread.
Well, you're assuming that I "can't do it" when I simply "don't do it". I was just under the impression that the randomness was put into the game on purpose and that a 3rd party program was an "external device", regardless of whether you stick it in the slot or not, but ok, I'll learn the system and take that advantage too. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying I've talked to some people who didn't RNG and they thought it was hacking because they couldn't do it. I was speaking generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)