Issue #17 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems a little cheap to use the same art for both the featured UU and Uber Pokemon, but it's good art and not that big a deal so whatever, haha.
You got... 2 pieces of art for 2 articles? I even cropped them nicely and edited mew out of Mewtwo's to make standalone pieces :P

But actually, we were pretty giddy ourselves when we noticed that mewtwo and mew would feature in the same mag-- ibo and I just happened to pick them at the same time, independently without talking with each other. We figured a bit of compilation art to commemorate was in store.

I'm so glad I got to help with art for this issue, and extremely surprised that my picture was chosen to be the cover image. You cannot imagine how giddy I am right now!

Wonderfully done everyone.
So I originally proposed to SDS that we have a compiled piece for the cover, but we wanted to get some fresh blood on the cover art. It's a great piece and it's good to see more awesome new artists getting featured! Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future

Thanks again to R_D and Setsuna for all the work in getting this up each time :)

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I haven't read everything yet, but I did notice this error in the Recently in C&C article.

It was in the GP paragraph, of all places:

Get Involved in GP Checking!

Ever wonder how our Pokemon metagame analyses onsite always seem so grammatically flawless? It's thanks to our staff of official GP checkers who relentlessly scour over a never-ending amount of analyses to make sure they are as grammatically correct as possible and the prose flows naturally and smoothly. While the "common folk" have always been able to do unoffical GP checks to contribute to any analysis in C&C, recently we've made it possible for those unofficial checks to get the stamp of approval by official members to move the process along in a more timely matter. If enough of your unoffical checks get stamped by official members,
(Should be "a timely manner") Can I be an official GP now?

From the GP article:

add
remove

'Then' and 'than':
'Then' simply refers to a different time period, usually but not necessarily sequentially.
Example: Use Rock Polish, then proceed tp to sweep with Rampardos's absurd 165 base Attack stat.
You were saying....

The Featured Pokemon and Type Analysis articles are great as always. They are very descriptive and pretty good reads. Dragonite in particular is described well; it is quite a monster with Multiscale, and its parashuffler set is especially annoying and difficult to deal with.

It also helps that it's got some of the best attacking moves, such as Surf, Hydro Pump, Waterfall, and the new rage-inducing Scald.
Is Seven Deadly Sins still promoting Jellicent? ...

Azumarill is still fun, with its 438 Attack and STAB Aqua Jet
It's actually 436 Attack.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Great job as always. I've been reading The Smog since it came out. It's one of the major reasons why I use to come back to the main site so often. The other big reason used to be "recently in C&C", but for some reason that got scratched. Pity.

Anyway, this issue had a really enjoyable article about joining the Smogon community, so I read it and joined. Do you have a specific thread for hello-sayers?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Water Type Analysis:

Water-types in OU > Cloyster:

Offensively, Cloyster is a real fiend, as Shell Smash only takes one turn to turn it into an unstoppable killing machine. It has even got a reliable form of physical Water-type STAB in the form of Shell Blade, a Water-type Crush Claw,
Shell Blade should be Razor Shell.

Mienfoo's Qualities

When you look at Mienfoo's stats, you immediately notice an above average Attack stat, coupled with a decent Special Attack and Speed stats. Most people will abuse its best stat to the fullest, choosing a physical attacking set. With an Eviolite, Mienfoo takes hits well, and is one of the most effective bulky physical attackers out there. It can also take advantage of its bulk and Baton Pass, (<*) Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or even Calm Mind boosts to powerful sweepers
I'm fairly sure that comma shouldn't be there.

Art panel article:

Introduction

Welcome everyone, to the fifth installation of Judge a Pokemon, where commentators from the Smeargle Studio community come together to give you our brutally honest opinions of Game Freak's Pokemon designs! I promise this will be another delightful round of judging!
This issue I'll be taking a back-seat to make way for a special guest panelist, Kevin Garret! Kevin's a well-known member
Kevin Garrett?

Good job guys, I really like reading the art panel, keep it up.

Just out of curiosity, is there supposed to be that many Vanillites in the articles?

The pictures in "Core Crisis II" are kind of messed up. Ferrothorn is pictured as a vanillish, and Darmanitan is one of the caterpie equivalent bugs.

The pictures in "Core Crisis II" are kind of messed up. Ferrothorn is pictured as a vanillish, and Darmanitan is one of the caterpie equivalent bugs.
that's a browser-related issue. I'm assuming you're using firefox? I think we are working on that atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)