Announcement It's Been Fun, Smogon Draft

Hello everyone

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will be stepping down as a community leader and as a forum moderator. This will come into effect following the conclusion of DLWC I. This was not an easy decision for me to make, however I believe that it is the best foot forwards for both myself and to the project as a whole.

It is really funny looking back at how my involvement with Smogon Draft came to fruition. I offered to do some admin related work for another draft site that was being set up that ended up meeting its demise weeks before the launch of Scarlet and Violet. A few days later, I was approached about Smogon Draft, something that I couldn't fathom ever being a thing, especially being an old timer who remembers back in the day that it was a written rule that you could not promote Draft Leagues on PS. I became extremely passionate for the project, ultimately leading to my position as a tournament host for the kickoff tour, as well as becoming a community leader, despite knowing next to nothing about the inner operations of Smogon.

I made the decision to focus my time on some quite particular aspects of the section, such as the tiering of our wide plethora of events, future planning, and the organisation of alternative side projects that I personally felt would lead to overall growth (RIP Wi-Fi Project, you really are a case of what could have been). However, I still did not quite feel as though I was deserving for the position I had. As time went on and I got busier, my involvement in key decisions started to wain, and I ultimately felt as though I was not doing as much as I should be doing in my position. My passion for draft was also quickly starting to fade, something I initially struggled with but have now started to accept. The culmination of this, as well as other factors have led me to my decision to step down.

The last 18 months of this project I have been extremely proud to be a part of. The growth of this scene has been so wonderful to see up to this point. However, now is not the time for us to be resting on our laurels. To maintain and grow what we currently have needs to be the aim, and I do not personally believe that I am the right person to carry out what must be done. A key aspect of leadership is knowing the right time to step aside and let someone else take the reigns, and in the words of Master Oogway "My time has come."

Draft has been a major part of my life for the past 9 years, but I have accepted that I am now coming towards the end. I always wanted to be in a position where whenever I did decide to call it quits that I would be able to leave some sort of legacy behind and to be remembered for something. Ultimately, I feel as though Smogon Draft has been that something, and I will always cherish that

I have so many thank you's that I want to say at this particular moment, but I am going to try keep this somewhat brief. This project has led to me meeting some amazing people, as well as develop better, closer relationships with others and I will be eternally grateful for that. Thank you to Nyx Theia and Aberforth for letting me be a part of this project in the first place, as well as to the latter two for being a part of the decision of my promotion in the first place. A thank you to all of the forum mods at various different stages for all of yer hard work in the past as well as in the future, a fairy vmnunes SparksBlade SlickPanther Hacker ultraplayer and shiloh.

I also would like to give a massive thank you to Rissoux for being by my side throughout this journey to this point, carrying a large quantity of the workload at various times as well as always being there for me throughout the entire process. Riss, you have been nothing but great to me both in the building of Smogon Draft from the ground up, as well as his compassion and understanding of this tough decision that I felt as though I had to make.

My final thank you is to all of you, the Smogon Draft community. Smogon Draft would not be what it is today without ye. From the absolutely insane amount of support for the kickoff tour, to the constant signups of every event ever since then, to the vibrancy of the community server from all kinds of different people with different levels of experience in the game. It is so heart warming to see what this thing has become. It is truly something special, and I am so glad to have been a part of it.

Before I wrap up this absolute behemoth of a goodbye, I have one final request. I want you guys to give your support to whatever is on the horizon. Smogon Draft is in a wonderful position at this moment in time but as I alluded to earlier, change is needed to keep the momentum going. Change is a scary thing sometimes, and can be a hard thing to accept. However, I have full faith that Riss and Autumn are the right people to bring the project forwards, and I for one cannot wait to see what they have in store in the future.

Thank you for everything
TJ

Thank you for being such an amazing leader in this community for so many years and an inspiration to aspiring tournament organizers such as myself. Good luck with wherever the future may take you!

Hello everyone

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will be stepping down as a community leader and as a forum moderator. This will come into effect following the conclusion of DLWC I. This was not an easy decision for me to make, however I believe that it is the best foot forwards for both myself and to the project as a whole.

It is really funny looking back at how my involvement with Smogon Draft came to fruition. I offered to do some admin related work for another draft site that was being set up that ended up meeting its demise weeks before the launch of Scarlet and Violet. A few days later, I was approached about Smogon Draft, something that I couldn't fathom ever being a thing, especially being an old timer who remembers back in the day that it was a written rule that you could not promote Draft Leagues on PS. I became extremely passionate for the project, ultimately leading to my position as a tournament host for the kickoff tour, as well as becoming a community leader, despite knowing next to nothing about the inner operations of Smogon.

I made the decision to focus my time on some quite particular aspects of the section, such as the tiering of our wide plethora of events, future planning, and the organisation of alternative side projects that I personally felt would lead to overall growth (RIP Wi-Fi Project, you really are a case of what could have been). However, I still did not quite feel as though I was deserving for the position I had. As time went on and I got busier, my involvement in key decisions started to wain, and I ultimately felt as though I was not doing as much as I should be doing in my position. My passion for draft was also quickly starting to fade, something I initially struggled with but have now started to accept. The culmination of this, as well as other factors have led me to my decision to step down.

The last 18 months of this project I have been extremely proud to be a part of. The growth of this scene has been so wonderful to see up to this point. However, now is not the time for us to be resting on our laurels. To maintain and grow what we currently have needs to be the aim, and I do not personally believe that I am the right person to carry out what must be done. A key aspect of leadership is knowing the right time to step aside and let someone else take the reigns, and in the words of Master Oogway "My time has come."

Draft has been a major part of my life for the past 9 years, but I have accepted that I am now coming towards the end. I always wanted to be in a position where whenever I did decide to call it quits that I would be able to leave some sort of legacy behind and to be remembered for something. Ultimately, I feel as though Smogon Draft has been that something, and I will always cherish that

I have so many thank you's that I want to say at this particular moment, but I am going to try keep this somewhat brief. This project has led to me meeting some amazing people, as well as develop better, closer relationships with others and I will be eternally grateful for that. Thank you to Nyx Theia and Aberforth for letting me be a part of this project in the first place, as well as to the latter two for being a part of the decision of my promotion in the first place. A thank you to all of the forum mods at various different stages for all of yer hard work in the past as well as in the future, a fairy vmnunes SparksBlade SlickPanther Hacker ultraplayer and shiloh.

I also would like to give a massive thank you to Rissoux for being by my side throughout this journey to this point, carrying a large quantity of the workload at various times as well as always being there for me throughout the entire process. Riss, you have been nothing but great to me both in the building of Smogon Draft from the ground up, as well as his compassion and understanding of this tough decision that I felt as though I had to make.

My final thank you is to all of you, the Smogon Draft community. Smogon Draft would not be what it is today without ye. From the absolutely insane amount of support for the kickoff tour, to the constant signups of every event ever since then, to the vibrancy of the community server from all kinds of different people with different levels of experience in the game. It is so heart warming to see what this thing has become. It is truly something special, and I am so glad to have been a part of it.

Before I wrap up this absolute behemoth of a goodbye, I have one final request. I want you guys to give your support to whatever is on the horizon. Smogon Draft is in a wonderful position at this moment in time but as I alluded to earlier, change is needed to keep the momentum going. Change is a scary thing sometimes, and can be a hard thing to accept. However, I have full faith that Riss and Autumn are the right people to bring the project forwards, and I for one cannot wait to see what they have in store in the future.

Thank you for everything
TJ

RoiDadadou

Banned deucer.
I've only known you for about a year and a half now, but I'm grateful I did. You gave me and others a shot, and helped put forward our favorite community over on Smogon.

Have a nice rest, king :bloblul:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)