Jolteon Is Pro

'Cept This Team Doest Have A Jolteon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, i started this team with a dream to make Jolteon Pro. Thus My name on PO was "JOLTEONISFUCKING PRO" or "Jolteon Is Pro". I don't remember the Exact team Building Process But I Know It Went Something Like:

And that was reasonable coverage and then i realised im very weak to ghost types so i added Ape and Jolteon. I then removed Jolteon for Snorlax becasue Jolteon just wasn't cutting the mustard, despite being epic and awesome. This Team also Peaked #11 on the ladder and is rising.

The Team

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes

Why This Pokemon? I Chose Roserade since on a very primitive version of this team i was using toxic on Vaporeon, Gliscor, and Zapdos. While for me i think Vaporeon has a serious case of 4 move Syndrome. So on this one I used Toxic Spikes to allow more space on Vaporeon and Gliscor. Roserade also is one of my only sweepers on this team and can hit Stuff hard with Leaf Storm While it also absorbs Toxic Spikes. I Chose Hidden Power Ground because Heatran takes the four most common Moves on Roserade (Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm, HP Ice, HP Fire) and also hits Rachi Super Effective and Roserade and Forry. Sleep also helps me Majorly since it allows Zapdos to come in and set up a Sub, or Gliscor to come in and Set up SR. Machamp Is Dealt with by Leaf Storm then switch to Zapdos.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar*
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf

Why This Pokemon? I Chose Vaporeon on this team as a cleric. I know its not common but it works insanely well. Vaporeon can remove its own status and prolong its longevity and help stallers such as Zapdos and Gliscor stay alive, while also passing wishes. Im Using Max Hp. Max Def because i always thought it was stupid and never worked, but after fucking me up so many times i figured i should try it, and TBH i like it a lot more its taking hits i never thought it could before and i can leave it in a against ape and kill it not having to worry about taking a CC.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge*
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Why This Pokemon? Gliscor works very well in combination with Vaporeon Resisting electric and Vaporeon resisting Ice and Water. Stealth Rock Was also neccessary on this team so i slapped it on Gliscor, which was originally a Britscor, in place of taunt. I noticed suddenly a big weakness to ghosts so i put rock slide on to hit Gengar and CO, while Rock Slide also hits Zapdos trying to set up on me. The EVs are to outspeed Lucario every time, and believe me every single one of those defense EVs has helped me against stuff suck as DD tar and Ape.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball

Why This Pokemon? Sub Charge beam Rotom-H helps me Destroy stall, coming in on Gyara/ Blissey/ Forry, subbing and proceding to stat boost and Hit them. I can also block my T-Spikes being blown away while forcing more toxic damage with sub, i can also (somewhat) Check Noir with a sub and 2 shadow balls. Overheat also scares away breloom and stops him coming in with sub. HP Fighting for tryanitar, i would like wisp, but t-spikes stop that

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Body Slam
- Pursuit

Why This Pokemon? After discovering my weakness to ghosts i decided i needed a Pokemon with Pursuit. Metagross, Tyranitar and Snorlax all sprang to mind. I didn't want sand on this team as Zapdos and Vaporeon don't appreciate it and i've already used pursuit Metagross before, with Mixed Results. So i opted for Lax. I remember there being a 252/252 ATK/ SPDEF on Smogon somewhere so i decided to use it as it keeps the power Snorlax needs to beat some of the threats to my team and also help being a special wall. Originally planing to put Pursuit on him I noticed i couldn't have Selfdestruct and Pursuit on the same set. So i opted for crunch since i want to keep selfdestruct to kill things such as "Last Poke Crocune or Cursepert" and Crunch Helps Out a lot more against Rotom anyway.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Why This Pokemon? Ape serves as (in My Opinion) The Best Late game cleaner, hitting the whole metagame for neutral damage and a large chunk for Super Effective, I Do Not feel the neccessity to explain EVs and Moves because they are so well known for their strength and prowess.

Changes Being Tested
Ice Fang > Rock Slide ON Gliscor
Sub Charge Beam Rotom > Zapdos
Roar > Heal Bell On Vaporeon
Gliscor Lead > Roserade
Offensive Spikes Roserade > Current Set
Wish CM Rachi > Snorlax
Changes Made
SubCharge Beam Rotom > Zapdos
Roar > Heal Bell on Vaporeon
Stone Edge > Rock Slide On Gliscor
Pursuit > SelfDestruct on Snorlax

Bad
Potent
Irritating

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Gliscor then vaporeon to scout for Ice Fang, then proceed to Switch back, or Surf it.

Azelf - Being extremly varied they can be dangerous. However non-lead varients are usually special so lax is safe.

Breloom - Let Lax Take sleep then go to zapdos and attempt to stall it.

Dragonite - Let Lax take DM then go to zapdos for superpower. If it DDs go to Gliscor and Rock Slide

Electivire - Switch between lax and Glis and get damage on with prediction

Empoleon - Lax to EQ

Flygon - Zapdos and Vaporeon to stall it

Gengar - Quite annoying, go to lax to see what it wants to do and proceed from there

Gyarados - Zapdos can take it quite efficently.

Heatran - Lax takes it very well, resisting fire and then E-Qing

Heracross -Zapdos to T-Bolt it, Ape Revenge kills

Infernape - Zapdos Takes it nicely.

Jirachi - Hax makes it dangerous since freeze/burn can leave zapdos unable to deal with it. Vaporeon can also Check it, Sub CM sub is broken by glis then go to lax.

Jolteon - Lax handles well

Kingdra - Lax handles well Or zapdos.

Lucario - Gliscor Takes it very nicly, Agility is dealt with by vaporeon.

Machamp -

Magnezone -

Mamoswine -

Metagross -

Ninjask -

Roserade -

Scizor -

Smeargle -

Starmie -

Togekiss -

Tyranitar -

Weavile -

Defensive Threats

Blissey -

Bronzong -

Celebi -

Dusknoir -

Forretress -

Gliscor -

Hippowdon -

Rotom-A -

Skarmory -

Snorlax -

Suicune -

Swampert -

Tentacruel -

Vaporeon -

Zapdos -

You lack a spin blocker, a quick fix to this is using sub charge Rotom over Zapdos. Sub charge Rotom is an amazing pokemon with toxic spikes support and is super effective against stall teams.

I don't really see the need for snorlax, he seems to be a weak link. Perhaps try a CB scizor. Scizor can pursuit, he gives you a solid steal type, he makes a good check to offensive dragonite, checks Gengar. Scizor can also abuse U-turn + Rotom to make a solid statergy against Breloom. Breloom cannot leech seed, Substitute or Seed bomb as Breloom is faster so they won't achieve anything, while you U-turn out break the sub and go to Rotom. Scizor also solves your DD shuca berry tyranitar problem.

Nitpicks, you could try Ice fang on Gliscor it helps out against Dragonite, Mix Flygon, Breloom etc. and has more accuracy than rock slide.

Physical mix ape is usually better than special mix ape as he saves a move slot for U-turn/Mach punch. Physical mix ape also has a more powerful close combat, which should be your main move when using a set like this.

You lack a spin blocker, a quick fix to this is using sub charge Rotom over Zapdos. Sub charge Rotom is an amazing pokemon with toxic spikes support and is super effective against stall teams.

I don't really see the need for snorlax, he seems to be a weak link. Perhaps try a CB scizor. Scizor can pursuit, he gives you a solid steal type, he makes a good check to offensive dragonite, checks Gengar. Scizor can also abuse U-turn + Rotom to make a solid statergy against Breloom. Breloom cannot leech seed, Substitute or Seed bomb as Breloom is faster so they won't achieve anything, while you U-turn out break the sub and go to Rotom. Scizor also solves your DD shuca berry tyranitar problem.

Nitpicks, you could try Ice fang on Gliscor it helps out against Dragonite, Mix Flygon, Breloom etc. and has more accuracy than rock slide.

Physical mix ape is usually better than special mix ape as he saves a move slot for U-turn/Mach punch. Physical mix ape also has a more powerful close combat, which should be your main move when using a set like this.
I like the sound of that rotom, ill definatly try it however CB scizor leaves me more weak to Starmie, Suicune and basicallly any special attacker since i now lack a special wall.

I Will try ice fang, its screwed me in the past, but i need special ape to deal with Rotom and hit them with powerful FB. Wasting my one special attack on a an overheat isn't my style.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey, you requested that I rate your team so I have a few suggestions for you. First of all, Calm Mind Jirachi looks like it can major pain to this team. Although you seem weaker to the calm mind wish version more than any other type of cm jirachi. Your best check is Infernape which can be a very shaky check at best especially since it has a really hard time switching in. Jirachi also gets free set up on several of your team members such as Vaporeon, Zapdos, and sometimes Roserade. To make things worse, Skarmory seems like it could be extremely annoying to this team as it is able to spike on quite a few members. This could mean that stall teams and other defensive teams are potentially troublesome especially since you lack Taunt on Gliscor. Gyarados is probably one of the biggest threats to this team. After one Dragon Dance, or maybe even two considering Vapreon can do nothing really, your team is swept cleanly. Actually, most of the dragon dancers are quite bothersome. Dragonite may be the worst out of all of them since after one dragon dance you literally have nothing to take it down with. As you pointed out, Sub Leech Seed Breloom can also be a huge problem in that it set up quite easily on Zapdos, Vaporeon, and Gliscor. This is especially deadly with hazards since your "check" in Gliscor will be worn down very easily.

First of all, I'd try some small suggestions on Vaporeon in running an EV spread of 252 HP | 240 Def | 16 Spe with Hidden Power Electric over Heal Bell. This will allow you to outrun CB Scizor as well as provide you with a good check to Gyarados, which your team really really needs. As for other EV spread changes, I would run 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe and Taunt over Rock Slide on Gliscor. Maximum speed allows you to speed tie with what most other Gliscor are running so that you have a chance to get a quick Taunt off and Toxic. Rock Slide may be able to break Gengar's subs, but you are better off with outright checking it rather than running Rock Slide. In fact, Vaporeon is a decent check to Subsplit Gengar in the first place so that is why Rock Slide on Gliscor is pretty useless. Next, I'm going to suggest that you use a better check to Calm Mind Wish Jirachi check on this team. Infernape isn't really cutting it and it sets up on more then enough of your team members. This is why a Substitute Roar Heatran over your Infernape will really benefit this team. Substitute Roar Heatran allows you to check Zapdos, Jirachi, and many other special attackers. It also gives you the ability to run abuse hazards and lure in bulky waters wearing then down with your constant roaring.

As for these Dragon Dancers, I think that the main problem is that this team really isn't fast enough to them on. A choice scarf pokemon would really help you out in that it could check some dragon dancers as well as speed up the momentum of this team. This is why a Choice Scarf Rotom-W would work excellently over Zapdos. Rotom-W has the ability to check Gyarados and it can provide you with a decent spin blocker as well. I would run the spread of 200 HP | 56 SpA | 252 Spe though since it gives you the ability to live Starmie's Hydro Pump and you can still speed tie with other scarfed rotom. Now between Scarf Rotom and Vaporeon, you should have most of the dragon dancers checked decently. You could try running a Hippowdon over Snorlax since that really is the weakest link in this team as well. CB Tyranitar KOs everything on this team really easily and Hippowdon will really help you with that. If you do that, I'd suggest swapping Roserade to the defensive version with spikes since you have Rotom now. Hippowdon can also check Dragonite which is really really helpful to this team as it is one of the biggest threats.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm 244 HP | 220 pe | 32 SpA | 12 SpD Flash Fire
Substitute | Roar | Lava Plume | Earth Power

Good Luck.

Stall get get some easy layers off of lax, vappy, zapdos, and roserade (if gyara has already taken the sleep) with specially defensive forry and from there Gyara + aromabliss will wall you to death. Also you set up toxic spikes and rocks but have no spinblocker.

To fix this, I would run taunt on Gliscor. If you can get stealth rock and tspikes up on the field permanently, this will stop stall teams' gyara and you can just taunt toxic all day. Because you need to spinblock (honestly, offensive starmie can just wait until rade dies and spin on most of your team), I'd take the above suggestion and run subcharge Rotom over zappy. With tspikes up, you beat Blissey, block forry, and also sweep pretty well.

Roserade isn't the best lead, so I'd move Gliscor to be your lead and make Roserade either a life orb spiker or calm spiker with stun spore, that is your preference. Roserade is better not as a lead so machamp won't stop you from spiking. To check DDnite, I'd just run ice beam on vappy. It doesn't set up anywhere else so as long as it can't set up on vappy you are good to go!

Here are the sets:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly, 208 Hp / 88 Atk / 216 Spe (2hko meta)
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Roost

Roserade @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid, 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR Calm, max spD (counters starmie / zapdos well)
-Leaf Storm
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid, 64 Hp / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
-Substitute
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ftg) / Will-o-wisp

Hey Chocoboz I got the message! This team looks good but I think you have some things that'll give you trouble. First of all you're pretty weak to most dragons, like LO Flygon or most any Dragonite sets (especially CB!) Without a steel type they can mostly just spam DM or Outrage with no prediction whatsoever and really do a number to the team. Snorlax falls to a LO Earthquake or Superpower, or at least takes a lot, and Vaporeon can't really do anything in return. Full stall also kind of gives you some trouble- Forretress + Blissey + Gyarados can mostly outstall the entire team and you have no clear cut way of getting around it; granted, Zapdos may annoy them a bit but with a reliable cleric it won't break them.

I agree that Snorlax is something of a weak link and easily replaced, and as such I would try a Wish CM Jirachi with 176 Spe and a timid nature over him. The added speed outspeeds Suicune who is kind of a douche and most mixed dragonite as very little run more speed than that. Jirachi performs a similar job as Snorlax by defeating annoying special attackers, gives you a dragon resist to work with and a pretty effective stall breaker assuming you can get rid of Tyranitar or Hippowdon. It's also worth noting that Jirachi is a fantastic abuser of toxic spikes, if you can keep them up. Other raters have mentioned the benefits of SubCharge Rotom so I won't talk about that besides saying I too support it to keep your hazards up. Good teams as always, I hope this helps!

Hey, you requested that I rate your team so I have a few suggestions for you. First of all, Calm Mind Jirachi looks like it can major pain to this team. Although you seem weaker to the calm mind wish version more than any other type of cm jirachi. Your best check is Infernape which can be a very shaky check at best especially since it has a really hard time switching in. Jirachi also gets free set up on several of your team members such as Vaporeon, Zapdos, and sometimes Roserade. To make things worse, Skarmory seems like it could be extremely annoying to this team as it is able to spike on quite a few members. This could mean that stall teams and other defensive teams are potentially troublesome especially since you lack Taunt on Gliscor. Gyarados is probably one of the biggest threats to this team. After one Dragon Dance, or maybe even two considering Vapreon can do nothing really, your team is swept cleanly. Actually, most of the dragon dancers are quite bothersome. Dragonite may be the worst out of all of them since after one dragon dance you literally have nothing to take it down with. As you pointed out, Sub Leech Seed Breloom can also be a huge problem in that it set up quite easily on Zapdos, Vaporeon, and Gliscor. This is especially deadly with hazards since your "check" in Gliscor will be worn down very easily.

First of all, I'd try some small suggestions on Vaporeon in running an EV spread of 252 HP | 240 Def | 16 Spe with Hidden Power Electric over Heal Bell. This will allow you to outrun CB Scizor as well as provide you with a good check to Gyarados, which your team really really needs. As for other EV spread changes, I would run 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe and Taunt over Rock Slide on Gliscor. Maximum speed allows you to speed tie with what most other Gliscor are running so that you have a chance to get a quick Taunt off and Toxic. Rock Slide may be able to break Gengar's subs, but you are better off with outright checking it rather than running Rock Slide. In fact, Vaporeon is a decent check to Subsplit Gengar in the first place so that is why Rock Slide on Gliscor is pretty useless. Next, I'm going to suggest that you use a better check to Calm Mind Wish Jirachi check on this team. Infernape isn't really cutting it and it sets up on more then enough of your team members. This is why a Substitute Roar Heatran over your Infernape will really benefit this team. Substitute Roar Heatran allows you to check Zapdos, Jirachi, and many other special attackers. It also gives you the ability to run abuse hazards and lure in bulky waters wearing then down with your constant roaring.

As for these Dragon Dancers, I think that the main problem is that this team really isn't fast enough to them on. A choice scarf pokemon would really help you out in that it could check some dragon dancers as well as speed up the momentum of this team. This is why a Choice Scarf Rotom-W would work excellently over Zapdos. Rotom-W has the ability to check Gyarados and it can provide you with a decent spin blocker as well. I would run the spread of 200 HP | 56 SpA | 252 Spe though since it gives you the ability to live Starmie's Hydro Pump and you can still speed tie with other scarfed rotom. Now between Scarf Rotom and Vaporeon, you should have most of the dragon dancers checked decently. You could try running a Hippowdon over Snorlax since that really is the weakest link in this team as well. CB Tyranitar KOs everything on this team really easily and Hippowdon will really help you with that. If you do that, I'd suggest swapping Roserade to the defensive version with spikes since you have Rotom now. Hippowdon can also check Dragonite which is really really helpful to this team as it is one of the biggest threats.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm 244 HP | 220 pe | 32 SpA | 12 SpD Flash Fire
Substitute | Roar | Lava Plume | Earth Power

Good Luck.
Since adding roar on vaporeon Dragon Dancers are much easier to deal, along with Wish CM Rachi. I've switched glisocr to the lead position with taunt so i can deal with stall a little better and stop most dragon dancers setting up on me.

Stall get get some easy layers off of lax, vappy, zapdos, and roserade (if gyara has already taken the sleep) with specially defensive forry and from there Gyara + aromabliss will wall you to death. Also you set up toxic spikes and rocks but have no spinblocker.

To fix this, I would run taunt on Gliscor. If you can get stealth rock and tspikes up on the field permanently, this will stop stall teams' gyara and you can just taunt toxic all day. Because you need to spinblock (honestly, offensive starmie can just wait until rade dies and spin on most of your team), I'd take the above suggestion and run subcharge Rotom over zappy. With tspikes up, you beat Blissey, block forry, and also sweep pretty well.

Roserade isn't the best lead, so I'd move Gliscor to be your lead and make Roserade either a life orb spiker or calm spiker with stun spore, that is your preference. Roserade is better not as a lead so machamp won't stop you from spiking. To check DDnite, I'd just run ice beam on vappy. It doesn't set up anywhere else so as long as it can't set up on vappy you are good to go!

Here are the sets:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly, 208 Hp / 88 Atk / 216 Spe (2hko meta)
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Roost

Roserade @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid, 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR Calm, max spD (counters starmie / zapdos well)
-Leaf Storm
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid, 64 Hp / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
-Substitute
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ftg) / Will-o-wisp
I've added rotom using HP fighting and that Gliscor. I've also added roserade but with HP ground because i can't touch heatran if its scarfed and i'd need to predict it coming in.

Hey Chocoboz I got the message! This team looks good but I think you have some things that'll give you trouble. First of all you're pretty weak to most dragons, like LO Flygon or most any Dragonite sets (especially CB!) Without a steel type they can mostly just spam DM or Outrage with no prediction whatsoever and really do a number to the team. Snorlax falls to a LO Earthquake or Superpower, or at least takes a lot, and Vaporeon can't really do anything in return. Full stall also kind of gives you some trouble- Forretress + Blissey + Gyarados can mostly outstall the entire team and you have no clear cut way of getting around it; granted, Zapdos may annoy them a bit but with a reliable cleric it won't break them.

I agree that Snorlax is something of a weak link and easily replaced, and as such I would try a Wish CM Jirachi with 176 Spe and a timid nature over him. The added speed outspeeds Suicune who is kind of a douche and most mixed dragonite as very little run more speed than that. Jirachi performs a similar job as Snorlax by defeating annoying special attackers, gives you a dragon resist to work with and a pretty effective stall breaker assuming you can get rid of Tyranitar or Hippowdon. It's also worth noting that Jirachi is a fantastic abuser of toxic spikes, if you can keep them up. Other raters have mentioned the benefits of SubCharge Rotom so I won't talk about that besides saying I too support it to keep your hazards up. Good teams as always, I hope this helps!
I've added jirachi to in place of lax but havn't had the chance to test it. (no one on ladder <_<) however i am concerned that i no longer have a special wall.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think you're fine in terms of Special Walls. CM Jirachi + Vaporeon + Calm Roserade provides sufficient special defense coverage with their resistances and bulk. Vaporeon can soak up powerful STAB Surfs / Hydro Pumps from Empoleon, Starmie, and Suicune, and can bait them to use Grass Knot / Thunderbolt / HP Ele. This is where you can bring in your Roserade to take the resisted hit and Leaf Storm (I am pretty sure it can survive a Suicune's +1 LO Ice Beam). Alternatively you can bring in Jirachi and set up on them (especially Empoleon). Or Vaporeon can phaze Suicune / Empoleon out.

An offensive Heat Wave Zapdos could be annoying, but Infernape can switch into a resisted Heat Wave or HP Ice aimed towards Roserade / Gliscor or revenge-kill it. Other SubCharge Rotom can also be dealt with either CM Jirachi or Roserade.

CM Jirachi is disrupted by Gliscor or can be phazed by Vaporeon. CM Celebi without Leaf Storm can also be Taunted by Gliscor. Without Earth Power or Psychic Infernape can come in. Infernape's Fire Blast does 80-94% after +1 CM Max HP / Min SDef Celebi, which is not bad.

Other than Roserade after a Leaf Storm Special Attack drop, Gengar also doesn't have any chances to come in. You also have Vaporeon and CM Jirachi, both with Wish support. So between the two of them you can take out Gengar imo.

Gyarados kinda destroys you. After one DD it can OHKO every single mon on your team. Your lack of a dragon resist is disturbing as it means Dragonite/Flygon/Kingdra will do major damage every time they come in. Just run HP Electric on Vaporeon to deal with Gyarados and you should try a specially defensive Heatran set > Infernape. This would let you drop Stealth Rock on Gliscor and run a Taunt + Toxic set to help with Stall, which has a field day with your team. You could probably run Forretress > Roserade since you get Spiked on rather easily and a spinner would definitely help. And if you did that you could probably just run Rotom-H > Zapdos. If you go with the Jirachi that someone suggest you could probably also run CB Tyranitar with it since that's one of the best combos in 4th gen and gives you that ghost trapping ability that Snorlax had. Anyway I don't have much else to say. gl.

Sorry for the late reply man, I completely forgot I promised to rate this team.

First of all, Mixed Flygon and Dragonite seem fairly annoying, completely dismantling your defensive core with your only good answer being Infernape, who is very frail and can't switch in. And Infernape shouldn't be your first switch in to Flygon anyways, since most are Scarfed.

Next up is a more dangerous threat, namely Starmie. Starmie can just wait until Roserade dies, which usually doesn't take that long and spin against any member of your team bar Snorlax. Since Snorlax doesn't have Pursuit, it can just switch out every time Snorlax comes in. Also, because Snorlax carries SelfDestruct, Starmie can also sweep your team after Snorlax has exploded and Zapdos is a little weakened (which is easy with a SR weakness).

Opposing SubRoost Zapdos can outstall or KO most of your team with Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ice when supported with Toxic Spikes. Your Zapdos might stand a chance because of its EV spread and Toxic, but when Zapdos sets up a Substitute on the switch, it's still annoying.

(Substitute) Machamp is guaranteed to get a kill when it has Ice Punch and when it comes in on for example Snorlax. Gliscor is usually your best bet for Fighting types, but Machamp will just Ice Punch with a sub to protect him from any damage. Even if it doesn't have a sub, Machamp is bulky enough to take an Earthquake. Zapdos will also fall to two Stone Edges / DynamicPunches while Roosting.

What I suggest is using a Rotom-A over Zapdos. The most obvious advantage of Rotom-A is its Ghost typing, allowing it to block Rapid Spin. Rotom-A also forces Starmie out with both its STABs. With a Specially Defensive spread and Will-o-Wisp, it can also handle Mixed Dragons. Thanks to that spread, it can also beat opposing SubRoost Zapdos, taking very little damage from its attacks. Rotom-A is also immune to Toxic Spikes and Toxic thanks to RestTalk. Finally, it deals with Machamp without a Substitute up because of an immunity to DynamicPunch, dealing with Machamp's most annoying thing, which is confusion and can burn Machamp with Will-o-Wisp.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers | Levitate
Calm | 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Rest / Sleep Talk / Will-o-Wisp / Shadow Ball

As for some smaller changes, I suggest using Pursuit over SelfDestruct on Snorlax. The ability to trap threats like Gengar and Starmie is just too good to pass on.

Next, use Stone Edge > Rock Slide on Gliscor. The difference in power is very notable, while the difference in accuracy is a mere 10%.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)