Kleki Hydreigon Aegislash Breloom Tyranitar Gastrodon

This is my first team ever on Showdown, but nothing I have tried has been nearly as effective as tweaking these 6. I took resistances and immunities into account as much as I could. This is a pre-pokebank team, but I reach higher ratings (~1600) using it on pokebank and it even fares well against legendaries before their supposedly inevitable banning. I started with a Hydreigon/Aegislash core, because I love Hydreigon for some reason and really want to use him, while Aegislash can take on most things he can't. I added Klefki to spam status/spikes and take hits with amazing typing. Tyranitar was my chosen mega and weather counter, and I grabbed Gastrodon so I'd have a wall to throw out in sandstorm. Breloom finishes the team off, a great counter-lead with spore and spore immunity. This team is on showdown, though I'm working on breeding these/similar pokemon.

Pick (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Draining Kiss
- Foul Play

I've tried Toxic, I've used Imprison, Swagger is stupid even with Foul Play, but I really want Draining Kiss AND Foul Play. Nobody seems to expect one when they've seen the other, so I can take out both Espeon and swords dancing Scolipedes with this little guy. Draining kiss really requires EV investment to be effective at all, I've 2HKOed enough outraging, earthquaking/flamethrowering dragons to keep those EVs invested. It's hard to get 3 layers of spikes against competent players, but it puts the nail in the coffin of anyone I'm already beating. Priority TWave is why my team can be so damn slow.

Grima (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Ferrothorn, paralyzed lucario, venusaur, etc. are all good enough reasons to run Fire Blast. I dropped Roost initially to be fair in OU, it shouldn't be on OU Hydreigon yet, but I actually like Fire Blast better and can't see myself dropping U-Turn. Hydreigon dies, but if I am gonna need him I save him for later. He and Aegislash are my damage dealers with their massive nukes right off the bat. Draco Metoer is great, firing one of them off is similar to swinging with Aegislash, and U-Turn gets me out of there when I want to scout a switch or do bug damage.

Sol Katti (Aegislash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

I used to run an AV with 0 Spd, but I realized I could take an emergency shadow ball/flamethrower anyway and OHKO the damn thing instead of gambling with a shadow sneak afterward. He used to have HP: Ice, I need to fix that Speed IV, before his Choice Specs, but I don't wanna get locked into something like that and have learned to plan around gliscor, garchomp, dragonite, etc. Sacred Sword is for cosmic power spammers, a replacement for HP: Ice; Shadow Sneak revenge kills; and Flash Cannon gives me another strong STAB to fire off if the opponent is gonna switch into a normal/dark. With its crazy Sp Atk in sword form and defenses in shield, Aegislash forces a switch into a pokemon that will take at least 70% of its HP in damage.

Cuben (Breloom) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed

This breloom usually leads against teams with a smeargle, a breloom, an azumarill, a mamoswine, an absol, a tyranitar, a greninja, or any other probable lead I'm going to spore or avoid being spored by, or OHKO with mach punch. A sword dance mach punch will beat an enemy breloom on turn 2, with max speed investment anyway, anything else is a free spore --> sword dance. Bullet seed breaks substitutes and hits ghosts in the first place, I even get to use it against trevenant and aegislash sometimes because it can reach up to 140 BP, usually reaching 84, against targets that resist it. All around, a decent setup sweeper and good source of powerful priority.

Biggie (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

A backup tank for when gastrodon bites the dust, a taunter, and a powerful mega. I lead with this guy if the enemy team looks easy to punish with taunt+dragon dance. In general, I try to get off a useful taunt and/or a few dragon dances against anything I switch tyranitar into. He is especially great to get rid of weather effects, which generally don't aid my team. If I'm countering weather, I switch to Tyranitar and then Gastrodon, unless I get to absorb a now-2-turn Solarbeam with Aegislash/Hydreigon/Klefki/Breloom. (Some smart Ninetales users run Energy Ball!)

Mr. Jelly (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Infestation
- Protect

Infestation seems weird, but it is incredibly rage-inducing for my opponent, especially if it's a recovery move PP war that I'm winning. If the enemy can't do more than 62% of gastrodon's HP in damage, safely against 40-50% due to crits, he can trap-stall them out of at least 5/8 of their HP pool from infestation alone, more if he fires off a few scalds/burns them. Scald gets powered up when I switch into a water move and eventually burns the trapped pokemon. Gastrodon is my team's best answer to most annoying pokemon without grass moves, my favorite pokemon to counter being tyranitar and garchomp.

Last edited:
This team is absolutely terrorized by one pokemon, mamoswine, every pokemon but one is weak to it except gastrodon who is two hit ko by this thing anyways. It can't sweep but nothing can safely switch in. so that is why I suggest rotom w over gastrodon plus in general rotom w is a better choice. also a better set for aegislash I think is
leftovers/air balloon
Shadow ball
Automatize
Flash cannon
Kings shield
This makes it so that aegislash could become a threatening sweeper and choice specs and aegislash isn't suggested because since it is so slow people can just bring something to ohko it. but good team overall

And also tyranitar running dragon dance isn't good since the shear number of priority mach punch and bullet punch users
use stealth rocks instead, and maybe fireblast over taunt

This team is absolutely terrorized by one pokemon, mamoswine, every pokemon but one is weak to it except gastrodon who is two hit ko by this thing anyways. It can't sweep but nothing can safely switch in. so that is why I suggest rotom w over gastrodon plus in general rotom w is a better choice. also a better set for aegislash I think is
leftovers/air balloon
Shadow ball
Automatize
Flash cannon
Kings shield
This makes it so that aegislash could become a threatening sweeper and choice specs and aegislash isn't suggested because since it is so slow people can just bring something to ohko it. but good team overall
leftovers/air balloon
Shadow ball
Automatize
Flash cannon
Kings shield

And also tyranitar running dragon dance isn't good since the shear number of priority mach punch and bullet punch users
use stealth rocks instead, and maybe fireblast over taunt
Mach Punch one shots mamo before ice shard hits, I seldom have mamo issues. I like the Aegis set, air baloon would be great against exca. Rotom wants rain, not sand!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)