SS LC La de da de da de da de day oh

ThelordofbadRNG

Banned deucer.

:ss/mienfoo: :ss/onix: :ss/timburr: :ss/spritzee: :ss/ferroseed: :ss/vullaby:

Introduction:

Hello, all! I initially built this team for the Rufflet resuspect and while this team might no longer be viable, it still made the grind easier and was a lot of fun to use overall which is why I wanted to do an RMT of it. You might have seen this team before on the ladder but I digress. :psysad:

Teambuilding process:

:mienfoo: :timburr:

I initially based this team on the tried and true fighting spam core of Mienfoo+Timburr to overwhelm usual checks and annoy things with knock off, you know the drill.

:mienfoo: :onix: :timburr:

I then added my main check to the birds, Ponyta and stealth rocker, Onix. Though it still can't beat specific flying types like Wingull it still eased my matchup v Rufflet and Vullaby in one slot which was good enough for me.

:mienfoo: :onix: :timburr: :spritzee: :ferroseed:

I then added my main defensive core and also my mu vs Wingull, the infamous ferro+spritzee. Spritzee and Ferroseed together also beat Mareanie and Foongus, two very problematic mons for the team. Ferroseed also helped with how slow the team was, paralyzing and knocking off opposing mons, you know what Ferroseed does. Ferroseed also helped break opposing teams with spikes support which was definitely neat.

:mienfoo: :onix: :timburr: :spritzee: :ferroseed: :vullaby:

Finally, another wincon and mon to cheese games through with, nasty plot vullaby usually beats teams outright after some chip on all opposing mons. I originally ran a defog pivot set but wanted to end games quicker which is why I switched over to nasty plot. You can change it depending on what you like.

An in-depth look:

:ss/mienfoo:

La de da @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Close Combat

I chose a scarf set because my team was somewhat slow and needed a revenge killer with enough raw power. Nothing can really switch-in to a reckless boosted High Jump Kick besides Spritzee and if that has its item knocked off you 2HKO it after rocks on the switch. Knock Off is for utility, hitting ghosts and psychics like Frillish and Galar Ponyta and knocking off items like Berry Juice and Eviolite. U-Turn is for momentum while Close Combat is for a more reliable STAB although it makes you prone to being revenge killed easier.

:ss/timburr:

De da @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off​

Timburr forms the second half of the fighting spam core. I chose a bulk up set for its ability to clutch games and beat things like non iron defense Mareanie (if you knocked its eviolite off first though) though you could run a defog set if you wanted to. Drain Punch is your main STAB which is fairly spammable and also gives you "decent" recovery. Mach Punch is to revenge things like Mienfoo in range or Pawniard. Knock Off is once again used for its ability to hit ghosts and psychic mons and knock off items. The set is bulkier overall but still isn't too weak while also having the ability to 1v1 sash Abra in a pinch.

236 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 76 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
92 SpA Mareanie Sludge Bomb vs. 76 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 7-9 (28 - 36%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after poison damage
+2 36 Atk Guts Timburr Drain Punch vs. 196 HP / 20+ Def Mareanie: 12-15 (50 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Assuming you knocked its eviolite off, again)
236 Atk Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 76 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Timburr: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 36 Atk Timburr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mienfoo: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/onix:

Da de @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Main check to the physical wallbreaking birbs like Vullaby and Rufflet and also Ponyta while still being a consistent rocker. You mostly want to spam Head Smash after getting rocks up because Onix' attack stat doesn't show much in this tier. Earthquake is for STAB and Explosion is a nuke after Onix has done its job and also to prevent spinning/defogging. Rock Head is neat for no recoil damage though you could opt for rock blast and weak armor if you wanted to.

:ss/spritzee:

Da dum @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Psychic​

My main check to the fighting types though Spritzee can still get overwhelmed. Psychic is a really cool move on Spritzee because it KOs Croagunk and also means that you won't be hardwalled by Foongus and Mareanie. Since it has no other recovery I had to opt for WishProtect. Wish can also heal an ally like Ferroseed and Onix which Ferroseed especially appreciates because it has no reliable recovery.

:ss/ferroseed:

De da @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 188 Def / 84 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

The other half of my defensive core and main annoyance with thunder wave+knock off. There is rarely ever a scenario where Ferroseed hasn't done much, considering spikes support is neat for things like scarfed mienfoo and nasty plot vullaby to break/clean easier. Giga Drain is your main STAB and recovery and also lets you not get trapped by Trapinch or Diglett. Thunder Wave helps with speed control, you know what Ferroseed does.

:ss/vullaby:

Day oh (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse​

Finally, another wincon and something that beats Grookey. Dark/Flying STAB hits most of the tier for neutral damage while heat wave is there to roast Pawniard. Vullaby appreciates the knock off support from the main core, which eases its late game cleaning or wall breaking early game. It's bog standard, nothing much to say about it, really.

Threat list:

:spritzee:

This beats me if they play it right though Ferroseed pressures it a lot still.

:vullaby:

This isn't really a threat and more of an annoyance, really. Knock off proves to be annoying and STAB Brave Bird does a lot of everything but Onix.

:croagunk:

Though unconventional, if it gets to +2, I'm in trouble. Most reliable counterplay is maybe with Vullaby but that needs to stay relatively healthy to take +2 Vacuum Wave.

:wingull:

Nothing resists both Flying and Water STAB though Ferroseed and Spritzee can keep it at bay and Mienfoo can revenge if its low.

1597961025397.png

didn't save any though I might when I ladder with my suspect alt soon :psysly:

If you're still reading, I hope you have a nice day :psyglad:

:mienfoo: :onix: :timburr: :spritzee: :ferroseed: :vullaby:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)