Little Cup Teambuilding Workshop Sessions

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IRC seems like it would be more effective imo, but im not sure how many of the newer players that we are trying to target will have access to IRC.

IRC seems like it would be more effective imo, but im not sure how many of the newer players that we are trying to target will have access to IRC.
My little cent. I think Champion Fizz is right, IRC is too difficult to understand for newer players. An idea could be insert in PS channel welcome message, with date and time to teambulding workshop. Another step could be organize another session in another time, adjusting for Europe time zone.

My little cent. I think Champion Fizz is right, IRC is too difficult to understand for newer players. An idea could be insert in PS channel welcome message, with date and time to teambulding workshop. Another step could be organize another session in another time, adjusting for Europe time zone.
There is a direct Mibbit link to #littlecup irc channel on showdown and it's also a good way to advertise our irc channel for the people on showdown.

Plus with less people on irc it would be easier to log without morons just being idiots on the chat

There is a direct Mibbit link to #littlecup irc channel on showdown and it's also a good way to advertise our irc channel for the people on showdown.

Plus with less people on irc it would be easier to log without morons just being idiots on the chat
You are right, I didn't know about link.

I agree with that as well. We can host it in the Little Cup room on Pokemon Showdown. We can keep track of who has status normally, and give / remove vops in the channel and set it to voice only so only the people participating in the channel can speak. Then afterwards we can revert the status. If we find time, get more of our mods on to ensure things work smoothly, I think we can have a fabulous time hosting in the PS! room. Might be a lot better, tbh. Good idea Rowan.

I guess giving temp vops and setting mod chat will make it less chaotic

So can we post here with the core to build around?

If so then I think we should build around

Sub LO Abra + hazard dwebble

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Abra has become even better with missy being banned it's one of the only relevant Pokemon that reaches the 19 speed tier now, perhaps only ponyta and Aipom are the only other relevant ones. With sash being the main set Sub LO Abra does have an element of surprise to it. It scares out A lot of Pokemon like Mienfoo where it can easily set up a Substitute and threaten whatever comes in. Pawnaird can be beaten safely behind the sub with Hp Fighting and it threatens heaps of Pokemon with a 2HKO. Dwebble provides hazard support for Abra, allowing it to more easily KO threats. Mienfoo is often use first when the opponent sees a dwebble in the team preview so leading with Abra in scenarios like this give you a huge advantage right from the get go. Because unless Mienfoo is scarfed, they will be switching out and you get a free sub.

The core may not be that creative but it capatalises on Missys banning quite well and sub LO Abra isn't seen everyday I guess....well not as much as sash anyway

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)