Look Out! It's Eruption Heatran! [OU RMT]

Introduction:
Hi, welcome to my team. This team takes advantage of the newly legalized move on Heatran, Eruption. Eruption can be a great addition for Heatran and I have tried it out and it seems to work out great. Sadly, I have not been able to try it out on Shoddy, but I have on WiFi and I've absolutely loved the results that I received. So sit back and enjoy the RMT and I look forward to your comments.

Team Building Process:

Naturally, I started off with Heatran because this team was completely based around Heatran. I make it Specs with Eruption because I know that will fully take advantage of Eruption's extreme power.

I added a Vaporeon because I knew it would be the best Wisher for the team and could help restore HP to a damaged Heatran and give it back Eruption power and just generally keep Heatran alive.

Starmie's main addition to the team was to be a Spinner. It could help remove Spikes and Stealth Rocks and be able to serve as a fair wall and attacker as well.

Scizor was added to the team to provide some much needed physical attack. It was my first physical addition to the team and could be a great Revenge killer and scouter.

I added Swampert as a lead because it could get up Stealth Rocks for me and also handle some weaknesses of the team such as Electric.

I added Salamence because it would help cover Ground and Fighting weaknesses and serve as a good Mixed Attacker.

Inside Look:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Torrent
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Att
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

Swampert, such an amazing lead. Stealth Rock is so important in this game that is almost not even asked why it is on there. Earthquake is the STAB move and provides good damage to many things. Ice Beam hits those flying types like Mence and DNite. Max HP and Defense make Swampert the good wall of a lead that it is.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
4 HP/252 Sp. Att/252 Speed
Moves:
-Eruption
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Grass
-Dragon Pulse

Heatran, the base of the team and the amazing Choice Specs maniac. With it's newly added move, Eruption, it can be such a threat to everything that it makes Heatran even better. Max Special Attack and Speed make it just that much stronger, and Earth Power hits those Tyranitars and others while HP Grass hits Perts and Dragon Pulse hits Latias.

To demonstrate Eruption's power, I will show you some calculations

Note: All Eruption calcs are assuming Heatran is at full health or Eruption still has 150 base power.

Eruption vs 252 HP/252 Special Defense Sassy Bronzong: (140.83% - 166.86%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/252 Sp. Def Calm Celebi: (130.69% - 154.46%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/252 Sp. Def Calm Gengar: (98.15% - 115.74%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/252 Sp. Def Careful Gliscor: (89.83% - 105.93%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/0 Sp. Def Adamant Machamp: (109.64% - 129.17%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/0 Sp. Def Adamant Metagross (With Occa Berry): (109.89% - 129.67%)

Eruption vs 252 HP/252 Sp. Def Calm Zapdos: (73.70% - 86.98%)

There are many more calcs that can be done, and most of these are assuming the pokemon getting hit by Eruption has Max HP and Special Defense.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Water Absorb
188 HP/252 Def/68 Spe
Moves:
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric

Vaporeon is probably the best OU wisher in the game and is a great addition to the team. It helps absorb water attacks from Heatran and others and helps Wish off damage to help its teammates. 188 HP is put as that instead of Max HP to help Vaporeon gain some speed and outspeed Choice Banded Scizors. Max Defense makes Vaporeon even more bulky and is great. Wish + Protect is an amazing combo that can stall out rain and scout and many more things. Surf is the STAB that is great to hit with, and HP Electric hits that Gyarados and Vaporeon.

Starmie @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
120 HP/138 Sp.Att/252 Spe
Moves:
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Starmie is my Rapid Spinner and one of my Special Attackers. I haven't exactly decided whether I run Leftovers or Life Orb on this set, so I'll need some advice with that. It's pretty straight forward, with some HP EVs for bulk and the rest of the EVs for offense. I put Ice Beam over Recover because Vaporeon does not carry Ice Beam so I figured this thing would need it. Surf is the STAB and Thunderbolt hits Gyaras and others.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Technician
64 HP/252 Att/186 Sp.Def/8 Spe
Moves:
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Scizor is obviously the most used OU in the game and it comes to no surprise that I would use it on my team. The Special Defense and HP EVs give it enough bulk to take some fire attacks from particular walls and hit back in return. U-Turn is the 1st STAB move and is a great scouting move and is completely needed on CB Scizor. Bullet Punch is the 2nd STAB move and has great priority for getting those kills. Superpower can hit those Steels and Normal types while Pursuit catches anything switching out.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
Intimidate
40 Att/216 Sp.Att/252 Spe
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Outrage

MixMence is my last pokemon and is a great mixed attacker like so many people know him as. Not much Attack is needed but much Special Attack is needed EV wise. Draco Meteor is the 1st STAB and is great for hitting those Physical Walls such as Gliscor and Celebi. Earthquake hits Steels and Fires, Fire Blast also hits steels among others, and Outrage to lock on lategame and get the sweep.

Well, that's my team. Look forward to suggestions!

Ok first off, your team looks pretty solid. I've noticed that your team yould get absolutely wrecked by Latias with a Life Orb. Also, for a team revolved around Heatran I would definately advise you to get more than one Fighting Resistance. As far as common weaknesses, you have three x2 Electric weaknesses which is only resisted by Swampert which could be a minor problem. I would also advise you to add a threat list or lead comparison (against top 10 leads) for us to better understand your team.

SUGGESTIONz!:

Salamence
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Hasty
EV Spread:252spd/18atk/240special attack
-DracoMeteor
-FireBlast/Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw (for STAB)
-Earthquake

This set will help you out alot. Honestly, it is pretty stupid to give it 40 attack EVs when you need more special attack evs for a successful mixmence. With STAB DragonClaw (when attack is already over 300 without EVs) you should be fine with the standard 16-18EVS.

As for Scizor the EV spread looks fine but an alternate for success would be 252atk/248hp/10speed. Also, building a team around Specstran is dumb in my opinion. I would suggest a solid subtran for better coverage and sweeping ability.

THE LEAD:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Torrent
252 HP/252 Def/6attack
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Roar

The reason I changed the nature is because of Ice punch. Swampert's high base attack is good so having ice punch over ice beam seemed like an obvious choice. Another upside is you will now outspeed most other pert leads. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Hope I helped. Cya on GB next week for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

dragon claw's nowhere near powerful enough to break through blissey and other special walls like curselax. stick with outrage

breh

強いだね
although this may not be the most helpful comment... You're not going to be sweeping anything with this heatran unless speed is passed to you; base 77 speed won't cut it.

Thus, use Scarf or some agili-passer like (for instance) gliscor to give it some speed.
Most of the scenarios you proposed are unrealistic (full sp.D gengar? lol); I think scarf will still net you a good deal of KOs, especially with SR up.

Choiced Heatran is (ironically) heatran bait; make sure you get it out first before bringing in heatran.

You may wanna run another spinner to absoultely ensure that heatran is unharmed when it starts using eruption, however vaporeon somewhat resolves this issue with wish.

Your argument is invalid. You need the extra 40 base power that Outrage provides.
Outrage is completely fine. I just prefer Dragon Claw because ot gets the job done. Do what you want. I like outrage but dragonclaw is fine with the EVs that you have because there are more attack EVs than the standard mix mence

If you're using eruption you should probably scarf Heatran. Eruption's power goes down significantly if Heatran takes damage and if it's not scarfed it will unquestionably be taking damage.

Starmie is a meh Rapid Spinner thanks to Tyranitar who annihilates it with Scarf Crunch. I'd put a Forretress in, as it allows you to set up on Mence locked in Outrage. Run Specially Defensive if you want to get some insurance against Magnezone, otherwise jut use a Shed Shell. You could also use Tentacruel with HP Electric/Rapid Spin/ Surf/Toxic Spikes so you wear down bulky waters better so Heatran can beat them out etc.

As mentioned earlier, 77 Base Speed is annoying for your top sweeper. I'd definitely find a way to get paralysis support here. Wish Jirachi can be used over Vaporeon, thanks to its 60% paralysis chance with Body Slam.

I'll come back if I spot something else.

I think it is a pretty solid team. I personally think a Zapdos that is mostly defensive with HP Grass T-Bolt Roost and Heat Wave would cause many problems for this team. Thunderbolt would decimate Vap and Starmie, all of Scizor's attacks are not very effective against it and then it gets heat waved to death, Swampert gets wrecked by HP Grass and then that leaves Salamence would will have a chance since more than likely it will go first and Draco Meteor will be the way to go, but it cant switch in to a Thunderbolt and the likelihood of Stealth Rocks being set by the opponent without some risk. Then Heatran with it's most potent move in Eruption wont be able to do much with it against a defensive Zapdos after it receives a Thunderbolt.

So I see Zapdos possibly being the bane of this team if you happen to run into it. Not saying will 6-0 your team by itself but the only thing super effective against it is Starmie's Ice Beam which will not OHKO with Zapdos already having a good Sp. Def stat and being a defensive version will make sure it wont get knocked out by it.

So yeah, i might suggest replacing Swampert with Gliscor with Stone Edge, but it runs into Zapdos maybe switching out HP Grass for HP Ice considering that though Swampert would be fine if it was HP Ice.

Something to consider

The team looks pretty weak to Swords Dance Lucario. If your Scizor gets locked into Pursuit, it could very well be game over for you. Lucario's 4x resistance to Dark means that Lucario can get a Swords Dance as Scizor either switches out or does little damage to Lucario. Once at +2, Lucario can easily outspeed and OHKO two thirds of your team with Close Combat. The only Pokemon you have that both resist Fighting and outrun Adamant Lucario, Starmie and Salamence, are easily picked off by Extremespeed. Your Salamence's Intimidate is by no means a good check to Lucario, Salamence barely survives a +1 Extremespeed after Stealth Rock damage, and considering you don't run Roost on Salamence, you won't be at enough health to deal with Lucario effectively.

Now, to deal with Swords Dance Lucario, I recommend you swap your Heatran's item for a Choice Scarf. Heatran isn't the fastest Pokemon around, so a lot of offensive Pokemon will get the leg-up on Heatran and damage it, reducing the power of Eruption. You may not be able to take out some bulky Pokemon in one hit, and they can usually greatly reduce of Eruption next turn, then heal up. With Choice Scarf however, if Eruption falls short of a OHKO, you can just use Eruption again to KO thanks to Heatran's now blistering speed. Scarf Eruptions also make for a potent late-game sweeping tool once all Fire-resists and Blissey are dead or severely weakened. Heatran can now effectively revenge kill Lucario as well, always outspeeding Lucario, easily KOing with Eruption and resisting Extremespeed.

Similarly, I want you to use Fire Blast over Dragon Pulse. Eruption's lowering base power as Heatran's health decreases means that it is very beneficial for Heatran to have an alternate STAB move to use if Eruption's damage output is lowered. Although you have a Wisher in Vaporeon, you simply cannot guarantee that Heatran will always be at 100% when comes in. With a severely weakened Eruption, Heatran will simply be infinitely less threatening as it was before. Dragon Pulse is mainly used for revenge killing Dragons. However, between Swampert, Scizor and Starmie, you have Dragons pretty well covered. Fire Blast is a excellent move to fall back on if Eruption becomes weak.

Regarding your Starmie, I think you'll be more beneficial with a more offensive Rapid Spin Starmie. Here's the set I had in mind.

Starmie @ Life Orb | Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Rapid Spin

This Starmie is imo the best Rapid Spinner in OU. My reasoning is that Starmie's powerful Life Orb boosted Hydro Pump can OHKO Rotom-A, the most common spin blocker in OU. Starmie can usually Rapid Spin early on, and Rotom-A is unlikely to switch-in due to the offensive pressure Starmie poses. After Starmie spins away entry hazards, it doesn't become useless either. Starmie's high Speed, good Special Attack and excellent type coverage make it a great sweeper that is easily capable of ripping up offensive teams. Although Life Orb recoil and no Recover does look annoying, your Vaporeon can replenish Starmie's health, so that isn't much of a problem.

Good luck with your team.

If you want to keep both vaporeon and starmie then vaporeon does not need hp electric as Starmie has thunderbolt. I would suggest replacing it with toxic as with wish and protect it can greatly annoy other stalls as well as give opposing sweepers a premature death.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a heads up: it looks like the Eruption Heatran only comes in Quiet. I checked out the wondercard from Ranger myself, and it has Quiet as a set nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)