[VGC 2015] Lucario

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

Despite Mega Lucario's terrible bulk, it makes up for it with its nice offensive typing, decent Speed, and high Attack and Special Attack stats coupled with the ability Adaptability ,which allows Mega Lucario to deal a ton of damage, even against Pokemon that resist its STAB moves, and OHKO a lot of common Pokemon in the metagame such as Heatran, Bisharp, Terrakion, and Mega Kangaskhan. Lucario is also a really great check to Mega Kangaskhan thanks to Lucario having Inner Focus, which makes it, pre-Mega Evolution, "immune" to Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Outs. Lucario, however, is easily walled by common Pokemon such as Aegislash and Thundurus, and it faces competition from Terrakion and Virizion. Unlike Terrakion and Virizion, though, Lucario can run a mixed or special set which makes it less crippled by Intimidate.

Mixed Mega Attacker
########
name: Mixed Mega Attacker
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Flash Cannon
move 3: Substitute / Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed
move 4: Detect
ability: Inner Focus
item: Lucarionite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naive

Moves
========

Close Combat is Mega Lucario's strongest STAB move, which hits really hard in conjunction with Adaptability and should be its go-to move against Pokemon that don't resist Fighting. The Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat don't affect Mega Lucario too much considering its bulk isn't the best to begin with. Flash Cannon is Mega Lucario's secondary STAB move and hits Fairy-types as well as other Pokemon that resist Close Combat. Substitute allows Mega Lucario to take a hit or block status, such as burn and paralysis, both of which will cripple Mega Lucario immensely. Bullet Punch is a STAB priority move that can help Mega Lucario pick off weakened Pokemon that are faster than it, while Extreme Speed is another priority move that helps Mega Lucario pick off weakened Talonflame. Detect shields Lucario from a potential OHKO and allows it to gain the Speed boost of its Mega forme. Detect is used over Protect just in case it encounters a Pokemon with Imprison, which would shut down Mega Lucario's ability to use Protect and can easily give the foe an opportunity to capitalize on Mega Lucario's low bulk. The low PP isn't an issue, as both Mega Lucario and most VGC games won't last long enough to use it all up.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed EVs are used so that Mega Lucario can take advantage of its base 112 Speed and because investing in bulk isn't needed at all for it. Maximum Attack EVs increase Mega Lucario's damage output for Close Combat. A Naive nature is the best, as it boosts Mega Lucario's Speed without affecting any of its offensive stats. Lucarionite is the best item, as it gives Lucario a boost in offense and Speed while giving it Adaptability. Lucario's ability should be Inner Focus as that makes it "immune" to Fake Out, which can allow it to check and pressure Mega Kangaskhan leads.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to Lucario's powerful STAB moves and immunity to Fake Out, it isn't a bad lead, as it can put pressure on your opponent right from the get-go as well as threaten Mega Kangaskhan leads. Because Mega Lucario's bulk is bad, it isn't recommended to switch it into attacks. Close Combat should be Mega Lucario's go-to move against Pokemon that don't resist Fighting-type moves, as it hits really hard when boosted by Adaptability. Mega Lucario also doesn't mind the defense drops that much because its defenses are bad to begin with.

Team Options
========

Clefable or Togekiss can redirect super effective Fighting-type moves as well as status conditions. Both Clefable and Togekiss can offer speed control, which also benefits Mega Lucario. Also, Clefable and Cresselia have access to Helping Hand, which further increases Mega Lucario's damage output and lets it pick up KOs against Pokemon that it wouldn't normally get, such as against Sylveon. Pokemon that can check Aegislash and Talonflame generally are good partners for Lucario. Rotom-H is a nice partner, as it is able to support Mega Lucario with Will-O-Wisp as well as threaten out Talonflame and Aegislash while Mega Lucario can check Rock-types that threaten Rotom-H. Another great partner for Lucario is Landorus-T, as it provides Intimidate support, which can bolster Mega Lucario's poor Defense a bit. It can also check Talonflame with Rock Slide and Aegislash with Earthquake, although Mega Lucario has to use Detect on that turn. Mega Lucario, in return, checks Ice-types that threaten Landorus-T. Finally, Sylveon is another great partner for Mega Lucario. Although they are both walled by Aegislash, they can wreak havoc against other Pokemon and put a lot of pressure on the opponent with Sylveon's powerful Hyper Voice combined with Mega Lucario's Adaptability-boosted STAB moves. Sylveon can also check Fighting-types, while Mega Lucario checks Steel-types not named Aegislash.

Other Options
########

A full physical set works for Mega Lucario; however, Lucario lacks a strong and reliable physical Steel-type move and running a physical set will make it more susceptible to Intimidate. A full special set works too, with Aura Sphere over Close Combat. Stone Edge is another option to hit Mega Charizard Y and Thundurus. Both Vacuum Wave and Feint are alternate priority moves, with the latter being able to nullify Protect. Nasty Plot or Swords Dance could be used should you want to increase Mega Lucario's damage output further. A Follow Me set with a Focus Sash is an option for regular Lucario; however, that set is very niche.

Checks & Counters
########

**STAB Type Resistance**: Pokemon that resist both of Mega Lucario's STAB attacks, such as Aegislash, can effortlessly wall it and set up on it. Mega Lucario's powerful Adaptability-boosted STAB moves make it stand out from its competitors.

**Typing Advantage**: Most super effective attacks will OHKO Mega Lucario pretty easily due to its low bulk. Mach Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird are both moves that Mega Lucario should watch out for.

**Status**: Burn and paralysis are the main statuses that will cripple Mega Lucario immensely. Burn will lower Mega Lucario's damage output while paralysis will lower its nice Speed. Both Mega Lucario's power and Speed are its main selling points against other similar Pokemon.

**Speed Control**: Mega Lucario's Speed is one of its selling points. If that is taken away, it's a sitting duck, as the foe can easily take advantage of Mega Lucario's bad defenses and OHKO it.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario learns Detect, so that should be in slot 4 over Protect as the VGC standard is to use Detect on anything that learns it because of Imprison and it's unlikely that a VGC battle will be long enough to use up all of Detect's PP.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
Lucario learns Detect, so that should be in slot 4 over Protect as the VGC standard is to use Detect on anything that learns it because of Imprison and it's unlikely that a VGC battle will be long enough to use up all of Detect's PP.
I mean it honestly doesn't matter tbh lol considering nothing viable would use imprison

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I mean it honestly doesn't matter tbh lol considering nothing viable would use imprison
Last I checked, the default was to use Detect if the Pokemon can learn it; the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Zoroark's VGC 2012 analysis and that was because Detect would have broken Illusion.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
Last I checked, the default was to use Detect if the Pokemon can learn it; the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Zoroark's VGC 2012 analysis and that was because Detect would have broken Illusion.
Sylveon gets detect but pretty much everyone uses protect because it doesn't matter. I'd much rather have more pp than use detect just for a niche scenario that more than likely won't happen. I'll give it a mention in oo but honestly it doesn't matter

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sylveon gets detect but pretty much everyone uses protect because it doesn't matter. I'd much rather have more pp than use detect just for a niche scenario that more than likely won't happen. I'll give it a mention in oo but honestly it doesn't matter
You're more likely to run into Imprison (btw, Chandelure can use Imprison and is viable) than you are to run out of Detect PP considering how quick VGC matches are, and if you don't consider the quickness of VGC matches to be a valid argument, then Lucario's frailty means it definitely won't survive long enough to use all of Detect's PP.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
You're more likely to run into Imprison (btw, Chandelure can use Imprison and is viable) than you are to run out of Detect PP considering how quick VGC matches are, and if you don't consider the quickness of VGC matches to be a valid argument, then Lucario's frailty means it definitely won't survive long enough to use all of Detect's PP.
I never said I don't consider the quickness of VGC matches as a valid argument I'm just saying it doesn't matter. I'll add it though since I see your point and better safe than sorry tbh lol :p

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
In thinking about it, I'm gonna wait for a QC member first. I'm not saying that I don't agree with you but this has already gone through the QC process so unless a QC member says anything, I'm keeping it as it is. Again, not saying that I don't agree with you, just waiting for confirmation first.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add / Remove / (Comments)
Overview
########

Despite Mega (you later mention Adaptability) Lucario's terrible bulk, it makes up for it with its nice offensive typing, decent Speed, and high Attack and Special Attack stats coupled with the ability Adaptability which allows Mega Lucario to deal a ton of damage, even against Pokemon that resists (remove s) its STAB moves, and OHKO a lot of the common Pokemon in the metagame such as Heatran, Bisharp, Terrakion, and Mega Kangaskhan. Lucario is also a really great check to Mega Kangaskhan due thanks (seems more positive) to Lucario having Inner Focus, which makes it, pre-Mega Evolution, "immune" to Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Outs, pre-Mega Evolution. Lucario, however, is easily walled by common Pokemon such as Aegislash and Thundurus while also facing competition with Terrakion and Virizion. Unlike Terrakion and Virizion, Lucario can run a mixed or special set which makes it less crippled by Intimidate.

Mixed Mega Attacker
########
evs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Close Combat is your Mega Lucario's strongest STAB move, which hits really hard in conjunction with Adaptability, and should be your its usual go-to move against Pokemon that doesn't resist Fighting-types. The Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat doesn't affect Mega Lucario too much considering its bulk isn't the best to begin with. Flash Cannon is your Mega Lucario's second STAB move and hits Fairy-types as well as other Pokemon that resist Lucario's Close Combat. There are three viable options for Lucario's 3rd slot. (fluff) Substitute, which is the most popular option, allows Mega Lucario to block a status, such as Burn or Paralysis burn and paralysis, both of which will cripple Mega Lucario immensely, or allow it to take a hit. Bullet Punch is a STAB priority move that can help it Mega Lucario pick off weakened Pokemon that is are faster than Lucario it, while Extreme Speed is another priority move that helps Mega Lucario pick off weakened Talonflames. Detect shields Lucario from a potential OHKO and can allow it to gain the speed boost of its Mega forme. (add e) Although a niche reason, Detect is used over Protect just in case you run into a Pokemon with Imprison, which would shut down Mega Lucario's ability to use Protect and can easily give your opponent an opportunity to capitalize on Mega Lucario's low bulk. The low PP isn't an issue, (AC) as both Mega Lucario and most VGC games won't last long enough to use it all up.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed EVs are used so that Mega Lucario can abuse its base 112 Speed and since investing in bulk isn't needed at all for Lucario it. Maximum Attack EVs for maximum damage output for Close Combat. The remaining 4 EVs was dumped into Special Attack so that Flash Cannon can get a small power boost. (not significant enough to mention if it's only 4 EVs) A (add A) Naive nature is the best as it boosts Mega Lucario's Speed speed without affecting any of its offensive stats. Lucarionite is the best item, (AC) for it as it gives Lucario a boost in offense and speed Speed while giving it Adaptability. Lucario's base ability should be Inner Focus as that makes it "immune" to Fake Outs which can allow it to check and pressure Mega Kangaskhan leads.

Usage Tips
========

Due Thanks to Lucario's powerful STAB moves and its immunity to Fake Out, it isn't a bad lead, (AC) as it can put pressure on your opponent right from the get-go as well as threaten Mega Kangaskhan leads. Since Mega Lucario's bulk is bad, it isn't recommended to switch it into moves. Close Combat should be your Mega Lucario's go-to move against Pokemon that doesn't don't resist Fighting-types moves, as it hits really hard when boosted by Adaptability. Mega Lucario also doesn't mind the defense drops that much since its defenses are bad to begin with.

Team Options
========

Redirection support from Clefable or Togekiss benefits Mega Lucario greatly, (AC) as it can redirect super-(remove hyphen + add space) effective Fighting-type moves as well as status conditions. Both Clefable and Togekiss can offer speed control too which also benefits Mega Lucario. On top of all that, Clefable has access to Helping Hand which can further boost Mega Lucario's damage output. As stated above, Helping Hand support is great for Mega Lucario, (AC) as it can further increase its damage output and pick up KOs against Pokemon that it wouldn't normally get, such as Sylveon. Pokemon with Helping Hand that works well with Lucario are Cresselia and Clefable. Pokemon that can check Aegislash and Talonflame generally are good partners for Lucario. Rotom-H is a nice partner, (AC) as it is able to support Mega Lucario with Will-o-Wisp Will-O-Wisp as well as threaten out Talonflame and Aegislash whilc while Mega Lucario can check Rock-types that threaten Rotom-H. Another great partner for Lucario is Landorus-T, (AC) as it provides Intimidate support which can bolster Mega Lucario's poor defense a bit. It can also check Talonflame with Rock Slide and Aegislash with Earthquake, though Mega Lucario has to Protect Detect (the set has Detect over Protect) on that turn. Mega Lucario, in return, checks Ice-types that threaten Landorus-T. Finally, Sylveon is another great partner for Mega Lucario. Although they are both walled by Aegislash, they can wreak havoc against other Pokemon and put a lot of pressure with Sylveon's powerful Hyper Voice combined with Mega Lucario's boosted STAB moves. Sylveon can also check Fighting-types while Mega Lucario checks Steel-types not named Aegislash.

Other Options
########

A full physical set works for Mega Lucario, however, Lucario lacks a strong and reliable physical Steel-type move and it'll make it more susceptible to Intimi(add i)date. A full special set works too with Aura Sphere over Close Combat. Stone Edge is another option to hit Mega Charizard-Y (remove hyphen) and Thundurus. Both Vacuum Wave and Feint are alternate priority moves with the latter being able to nullify Protect. Nasty Plot or Swords Dance could be use should you want to increase Mega Lucario's damage output further. A Follow Me set with a Focus Sash is an option for regular Lucario, however, that set is very niche.

Checks & Counters
########

**STAB Resistance**: Pokemon that resist both of Mega Lucario's STABs, such as Aegislash, can effortlessly wall it and set up on it. Mega Lucario's powerful Adaptability-(add hyphen)boosted STAB moves is one of the points that make Lucario it stand out against its competitors.

**Typing Advantage**: Most super-(remove hyphen)effective hits will OHKO Mega Lucario pretty easily due to its low bulk. Mach Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird are both moves that Mega Lucario should watch out for.

**Status**: Burn and Paralysis paralysis are the main statuses that will cripple Mega Lucario immensely. Burn will lower Mega Lucario's damage output while Paralysis paralysis will lower its Lucario's nice speed Speed. Both of those are its main selling point against other similar Pokemon.

**Speed Control**: Mega Lucario's speed Speed is one of its selling points. If you take that away, it'(apostrophe)s a sitting duck, (AC) as your opponent can easily take advantage of its bad defenses and OHKO it.
GP 1/2

Last edited:
Add / Correct
Remove
Comment
Highlighted

*Amcheck*
Overview
########

Despite Mega Lucario's terrible bulk, it makes up for it with its nice offensive typing, decent Speed, and high Attack and Special Attack stats coupled with the ability Adaptability, (AC) which allows Mega Lucario to deal a ton of damage, even against Pokemon that resist its STAB moves, and OHKO a lot of common Pokemon in the metagame such as Heatran, Bisharp, Terrakion, and Mega Kangaskhan. Lucario is also a really great check to Mega Kangaskhan thanks to Lucario having Inner Focus, which makes it, pre-Mega Evolution, "immune" to Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Outs. Lucario, however, is easily walled by common Pokemon such as Aegislash and Thundurus, (AC) while also facing competition with Terrakion and Virizion. Unlike Terrakion and Virizion, Mega Lucario can run a mixed or special set which makes it less crippled by Intimidate.

Mixed Mega Attacker
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Mega Lucario's strongest STAB move, which hits really hard in conjunction with Adaptability, and should be its usual go-to move against Pokemon that doesn't resist Fighting. The Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat doesn't affect Mega Lucario too much considering its bulk isn't the best to begin with. Flash Cannon is Mega Lucario's secondary STAB move and hits Fairy-types as well as other Pokemon that resist Close Combat. Substitute allows Mega Lucario to block status, such as burn and paralysis, both of which will cripple Mega Lucario immensely, or allow it to take a hit. Bullet Punch is a STAB priority move that can help Mega Lucario pick off weakened Pokemon that are faster than it, while Extreme Speed is another priority move that helps Mega Lucario pick off a weakened Talonflame. Detect shields Lucario from a potential OHKO and can allows it to gain the Speed (capitalize) boost of its Mega forme. Detect is used over Protect just in case you run into it encounters a Pokemon with Imprison, which would shut down Mega Lucario's ability to use Protect, (AC) and can easily give your opponent the foe an opportunity to capitalize on Mega Lucario's low bulk. The low PP isn't an issue, as both Mega Lucario and most VGC games won't last long enough to use it all up.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed EVs are used so that Mega Lucario can abuse its base 112 Speed and since investing in bulk isn't needed at all for it. Maximum Attack EVs for maximum maximizes Mega Lucario's damage output for Close Combat. A Naive nature is the best as it boosts Mega Lucario's Speed without affecting any of its offensive stats. Lucarionite is the best item, as it gives Lucario a boost in offense and Speed while giving it Adaptability. Lucario's base ability should be Inner Focus, (AC) as that makes it "immune" to Fake Outs which can allow it to check and pressure Mega Kangaskhan leads.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to Lucario's powerful STAB moves and immunity to Fake Out, it isn't a bad lead, as it can put pressure on your opponent right from the get-go as well as threaten Mega Kangaskhan leads. Since Because Mega Lucario's bulk is bad, it isn't recommended to switch it into moves. Close Combat should be Mega Lucario's go-to move against Pokemon that don't resist Fighting-type moves, (AC) as it hits really hard when boosted by Adaptability. Mega Lucario also doesn't mind the defense drops that much since because its defenses are bad to begin with.

Team Options
========

Redirection support from Clefable or Togekiss benefits Mega Lucario greatly as it can redirect super effective Fighting-type moves as well as status conditions, (AC) providing redirection support for Mega Lucario. Both Clefable and Togekiss can offer Speed (capitalize) control which also benefits Mega Lucario. On top of all that, Also, Clefable and Cresselia has have access to Helping Hand, (AC) which is great for Mega Lucario, as they can increase the damage output and pick up KOs that it wouldn't normally get, such as Sylveon. can further boost Mega Lucario's damage output. Helping Hand support is great for Mega Lucario, as it can further increase its damage output and pick up KOs against Pokemon that it wouldn't normally get, such as Sylveon. Pokemon with Helping Hand that works well with Lucario are Cresselia and Clefable. Pokemon that can check Aegislash and Talonflame generally are good partners for Lucario. (I don't think this part is really needed since Rotom-H gets a mention after.) Rotom-H is a nice partner, as it is able to support Mega Lucario with Will-O-Wisp as well as threaten out Talonflame and Aegislash, (AC) while whist Mega Lucario can check Rock-types that threaten Rotom-H. Another great partner for Lucario is Landorus-T, as it provides Intimidate support which can bolster Mega Lucario's poor Defense (capitalize) a bit. It can also check Talonflame with Rock Slide and Aegislash with Earthquake, although, (AC) Mega Lucario has to Detect on that turn. Mega Lucario, in return, checks Ice-types that threaten Landorus-T. Finally, Sylveon is another great partner for Mega Lucario. Although they are both walled by Aegislash, they can wreak havoc against other Pokemon and put a lot of pressure with Sylveon's powerful Hyper Voice combined with Mega Lucario's Adaptability-boosted STAB moves. Sylveon can also check Fighting-types, (AC) while whist Mega Lucario checks all Steel-types not going by the named of Aegislash.

Other Options
########

A full physical set works for Mega Lucario, however, Lucario lacks a strong and reliable physical Steel-type move and it'll make it more susceptible to Intimidate. A full special set works too with Aura Sphere over Close Combat. Stone Edge is another option to hit Mega Charizard Y and Thundurus. Both Vacuum Wave and Feint are alternate priority moves with the latter being able to nullify Protect. Nasty Plot or Swords Dance could be use should you want to increase Mega Lucario's damage output further. A Follow Me set with a Focus Sash is an option for regular Lucario, however, that set is very niche.

Checks & Counters
########

**STAB Resistance**: Pokemon that resist both of Mega Lucario's STABs attacks, such as Aegislash, can effortlessly wall it and set up on it. Mega Lucario's powerful Adaptability-boosted STAB moves is one of the points that make it stand out against its competitors.

**Typing Advantage**: Most super effective hits attacks will OHKO Mega Lucario pretty easily due to its low bulk. Mach Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird are both moves that Mega Lucario should watch out for.

**Status**: Burn and paralysis are the main statuses that will cripple Mega Lucario immensely. Burn will lower Mega Lucario's damage output while paralysis will lower its nice Speed. Both of those are its main selling point against other similar Pokemon.

**Speed Control**: Mega Lucario's Speed is one of its selling points. If you the enemy take that away, it's a sitting duck, as your opponent the foe can easily take advantage of its bad Mega Lucario's defenses and OHKO it.

Tagging P Squared for a check. v.v

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry for the wait and the mess @__@
GP 2/2
add remove comment

the extra colors can be confusing so if you wanna tag me when you're done implementing to give it a quick look, that's fine!
Overview
########

Despite Mega Lucario's terrible bulk, it makes up for it with its (lots of "it"s here that refer to different things; I'll let it slide but just keep in mind in the future to avoid/fix this) nice offensive typing, decent Speed, and high Attack and Special Attack stats coupled with the ability Adaptability, (AC) which allows Mega Lucario to deal a ton of damage, even against Pokemon that resist its STAB moves, and OHKO a lot of common Pokemon in the metagame such as Heatran, Bisharp, Terrakion, and Mega Kangaskhan. Lucario is also a really great check to Mega Kangaskhan thanks to Lucario having Inner Focus, which makes it, pre-Mega Evolution, "immune" to Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Outs. Lucario, however, is easily walled by common Pokemon such as Aegislash and Thundurus, (AC) while also facing and it faces competition with from (this is just how the phrase goes. "face competition from".) Terrakion and Virizion. Unlike Terrakion and Virizion, though, Mega Lucario can run a mixed or special set(comma) which makes it less crippled by Intimidate.

Mixed Mega Attacker
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Mega Lucario's strongest STAB move, which hits really hard in conjunction with Adaptability, (remove comma) and should be its usual go-to move against Pokemon that doesn't (Pokemon is plural here, so you have to use "don't".) resist Fighting. The Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat doesn't (drops is plural, so you have to use "don't".) affect Mega Lucario too much considering its bulk isn't the best to begin with. Flash Cannon is Mega Lucario's secondary STAB move and hits Fairy-types as well as other Pokemon that resist Close Combat. Substitute allows Mega Lucario to take a hit or block status, such as burn and paralysis, both of which will cripple Mega Lucario immensely, or allow it to take a hit. Bullet Punch is a STAB priority move that can help Mega Lucario pick off weakened Pokemon that are faster than it, while Extreme Speed is another priority move that helps Mega Lucario pick off a (optional) weakened Talonflame. Detect shields Lucario from a potential OHKO and can allows it to gain the Speed (capitalize) boost of its Mega forme. Detect is used over Protect just in case you run into it encounters (I prefer "Lucario encounters", although there isn't anything wrong with "Lucario runs into") a Pokemon with Imprison, which would shut down Mega Lucario's ability to use Protect, (AC) (no comma) and can easily give your opponent the foe an opportunity to capitalize on Mega Lucario's low bulk. The low PP isn't an issue, as both Mega Lucario and most VGC games won't last long enough to use it all up.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed EVs are used so that Mega Lucario can abuse take advantage of its base 112 Speed and since because (only use "since" to refer to time) investing in bulk isn't needed at all for it. Maximum Attack EVs for maximum maximizes (EVs is plural, so you have to use "maximize". however, I'm not a fan of using "maximum x maximizes y", so if you don't mind changing one of these, that would be nice. ex: "252 Attack EVs maximize" or "Maximum Attack EVs increase") Mega Lucario's damage output for Close Combat (or just "Close Combat's damage output", up to you). A Naive nature is the best(you need a comma before "as" if you're using it to mean "because". I don't think there are any exceptions.) as it boosts Mega Lucario's Speed without affecting any of its offensive stats. Lucarionite is the best item, as it gives Lucario a boost in offense and Speed while giving it Adaptability. Lucario's base ability should be Inner Focus, (AC) as that makes it "immune" to Fake Outs(comma) which can allow it to check and pressure Mega Kangaskhan leads.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to Lucario's powerful STAB moves and immunity to Fake Out, it isn't a bad lead, as it can put pressure on your opponent right from the get-go as well as threaten Mega Kangaskhan leads. Since Because Mega Lucario's bulk is bad, it isn't recommended to switch it into attacks moves. Close Combat should be Mega Lucario's go-to move against Pokemon that don't resist Fighting-type moves, (AC) as it hits really hard when boosted by Adaptability. Mega Lucario also doesn't mind the defense drops that much since because its defenses are bad to begin with.

Team Options
========

Redirection support from Clefable or Togekiss benefits Mega Lucario greatly as it can redirect super effective Fighting-type moves as well as status conditions, (AC) providing redirection support for Mega Lucario. (tbh I don't think the ", providing redirection support for Mega Lucario" part is necessary at all, because you already say "can redirect", which means the same thing. the rest of the edits in that sentence are good, but I'd just skip the blue addition) Both Clefable and Togekiss can offer Speed (capitalize) (no, "speed control" is all lowercase) control(comma) which also benefits Mega Lucario. On top of all that, Also, Clefable and Cresselia has have access to Helping Hand, (AC) which can further boost Mega Lucario's damage output. Helping Hand support is great for Mega Lucario, as it can further increases (Helping Hand is singular, so you use "increases") Mega Lucario's its damage output and lets it pick up KOs against Pokemon that it wouldn't normally get, such as against Sylveon. Pokemon with Helping Hand that works well with Lucario are Cresselia and Clefable. Pokemon that can check Aegislash and Talonflame generally are good partners for Lucario. (I don't think this part is really needed since Rotom-H gets a mention after.) (up to you, OP) Rotom-H is a nice partner, as it is able to support Mega Lucario with Will-O-Wisp as well as threaten out Talonflame and Aegislash, (AC) while whist (original is superior. first of all, it's "whilst", and besides, while > whilst) Mega Lucario can check Rock-types that threaten Rotom-H. Another great partner for Lucario is Landorus-T, as it provides Intimidate support(comma) which can bolster Mega Lucario's poor Defense (capitalize) a bit. It can also check Talonflame with Rock Slide and Aegislash with Earthquake, although, (AC) (no comma) Mega Lucario has to use Detect on that turn. Mega Lucario, in return, checks Ice-types that threaten Landorus-T. Finally, Sylveon is another great partner for Mega Lucario. Although they are both walled by Aegislash, they can wreak havoc against other Pokemon and put a lot of pressure on the opponent with Sylveon's powerful Hyper Voice combined with Mega Lucario's Adaptability-boosted STAB moves. Sylveon can also check Fighting-types, (AC) while whist (original is superior for the same reason as before. comma is fine though, you can add that) Mega Lucario checks all Steel-types not going by the named of Aegislash. (original is superior)

Other Options
########

A full physical set works for Mega Lucario,; (remove comma, replace with semicolon. this is the rule for using "however" this way; it's always surrounded by a semicolon and a comma.) however, Lucario lacks a strong and reliable physical Steel-type move and it'll running a physical set will make it more susceptible to Intimidate. A full special set works too(comma) with Aura Sphere over Close Combat. Stone Edge is another option to hit Mega Charizard Y and Thundurus. Both Vacuum Wave and Feint are alternate priority moves(comma) with the latter being able to nullify Protect. Nasty Plot or Swords Dance could be used should you want to increase Mega Lucario's damage output further. A Follow Me set with a Focus Sash is an option for regular Lucario,; (remove comma, replace with semicolon) however, that set is very niche.

Checks & Counters
########

**STAB Type Resistance**: Pokemon that resist both of Mega Lucario's STABs attacks, such as Aegislash, can effortlessly wall it and set up on it. Mega Lucario's powerful Adaptability-boosted STAB moves is one of the points that ("STAB moves is" is definitely not right, so at the very least you'd have to change it to "are", but I just took it out entirely) make it stand out from against (that's just how the phrase goes) its competitors.

**Typing Advantage**: Most super effective hits attacks will OHKO Mega Lucario pretty easily due to its low bulk. Mach Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird are both moves that Mega Lucario should watch out for.

**Status**: Burn and paralysis are the main statuses that will cripple Mega Lucario immensely. Burn will lower Mega Lucario's damage output while paralysis will lower its nice Speed. Both of those (personally I thought "those" referred to burn and paralysis at first glance) Mega Lucario's power and Speed are its main selling points against other similar Pokemon.

**Speed Control**: Mega Lucario's Speed is one of its selling points. If you the enemy takes that away, (I think "If that is taken away" works better, because otherwise the following "it" could be referring to the enemy, when it's actually referring to Mega Lucario. that does make it passive, which sucks, but clarity > active voice imo) it's a sitting duck, as your opponent the foe can easily take advantage of its Mega Lucario's bad defenses and OHKO it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)