ORAS UU Make A 'Mon Out Of You

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

banner by the lovely and cute metaphysical

Hi guys, NV here bringing to you a fun RMT I created awhile back at the start of Mega Houndoom hype. I was really bored with UU to be honest and I just couldn't build nothing in UU, but I found an out with the MegaDoom hype and went from there.

I have been around UU since the start of B2W2 and while at first I started in NU and worked my way up to UU, the minute I tried out UU I fell in love with it. From there, I rose the ranks of auth from regular user to moderator of the UU PS! room by the start of Gen 6. From there, I decided to get more involved in the forums, bringing up successful projects to UU and later NU as NU became a second home to me. I am now a trial QC member for the UU C&C forums as well as having a hold of 5 different projects, 2 of them for UU and 3 of them for NU. Anyways, thanks for reading this and carry on with the RMT! :)

I noticed how great of a partner Toxicroak was to Mega Houndoom as they wore down each others checks and took care of each others counters with Doom hitting faster mons as well as taking care of Psychic-types with its Dark typing while Toxicroak took on the bulky Waters and special walls that plagued Mega Houndoom.

Next, I went with Gligar as even though it isn't the best Defogger, I decided to go for a bit of an unorthodox set by forgoing Defog, allowing me to take advantage of Immunity since the illegality of Immunity + Defog. It also provided a more solid Fighting check and Mega Beedrill check while taking on VoltTurn teams who can just gain momentum off of the core.

Next up, I needed a Defogger that wouldn't suck momentum that Gligar can gain from U-turn. Offensive Salamence was an option, however it compounded a major Ice weakness with Gligar and so I opted for Offensive Defog Empoleon as it provided amazing defensive synergy with Gligar while also hitting hard with its STAB Hydro Pump.

After that I realized that I needed a Nidos check as well as a Ground immunity since I was pretty Ground weak at this point. Cresselia not only provided both of these, but also became an amazing Fighting check that can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast mons such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill. It also has access to the invaluable Lunar Dance which was a bit better than Healing Wish for this team as it not only restored HP, but PP as well which helped if I had to use Mega Houndoom's Fire Blast or Toxicroak's Gunk Shot early in the game as I can have max PP when I start sweeping with one or the other.

Lastly, I noticed the team lacked a solid wallbreaker so I toyed with a bunch of mons for this slot such as Choice Specs Porygon-Z, Choice Band Heracross, etc. and I ended up settling with Tyrantrum. Its nice physical bulk means some physical priority can be tanked allowing Tyrantrum to fire off powerful Head Smashes and Outrages. This slot is probably the most expendable of my team, but it has been valuable to fire off powerful STAB Head Smash as even resists get worn down easily.

The Team

Blaze of Glory (Houndoom-Mega) (M) @

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Nasty Plot

Dark Pulse

Fire Blast

Protect

So here is part one of the starring core. Mega Houndoom has been on the rise in UnderUsed for quite some time as its 115 Speed tier and its powerful STAB combination has been able to finally shine nearly like it did in XY. Nasty Plot is really good on Mega Houndoom as it doubles its nice 379 Special Attack stat, allowing even special walls that don't have a way to cripple Mega Houndoom to get pummeled by a STAB Dark Pulse or Fire Blast. Mega Houndoom's STAB combination is excellent as most Dark resists are hit hard by Fire Blast. Mega Houndoom's STAB combination also complements Toxicroak's STAB combination as Steel-types that are neutral to Fighting such as Forretress and Escavalier are 4x weak to Mega Houndoom's Fire STAB. Dark STAB also hits Psychic-types that threaten Toxicroak such as Reuniclus and Cresselia.

Contamination (Toxicroak) (F) @

Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance

Gunk Shot

Drain Punch

Sucker Punch

Part two of the starring core, Toxicroak is a nice secondary win condition that is able to beat up on Fairy-types as well as bulky Waters that tend to plague Mega Houndoom. Swords Dance is the obligatory boosting move, allowing Toxicroak to double its Attack on non-Roar variants of Suicune as well as any bulky Water bar Swampert. Gunk Shot is a powerful Poison-type STAB move that forces out common Fairy-types such as Whimsicott and Florges, who could otherwise tank Toxicroak's Fighting STAB. Drain Punch provides recovery for Toxicroak as well as has decent power behind it. Sucker Punch allows Toxicroak to get around faster threats that may threaten it such as Mega Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Mega Beedrill.

:P (Gligar) (F) @

Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
Earthquake

Roost

U-turn

Stealth Rock

Gligar is the obligatory glue as it provides Stealth Rock support to wear down the opponent as well as U-turn to gain momentum. Thanks to Gligar's somewhat slow Speed, it can U-turn out on fast threats to bring in Toxicroak and Mega Houndoom safely. Earthquake is a good STAB move that can hit Pokemon such as Mega Ampharos and Lucario hard, meaning they cannot wear down or set up on Gligar. Roost is great recovery for Gligar as it lacks passive recovery due to Eviolite taking up its item slot. The EV spread is somewhat standard with the EVs making sure that Gligar is never 2HKOed by Mega Ampharo's Dragon Pulse and only have a slight chance to (8.2% chance to be exact) after Stealth Rock. It also makes it a much better pivot against Volt Switch mons such as Heliolisk since it can tank its Hyper Voice with ease and OHKOs with Earthquake.

Kingpin (Empoleon) (M) @

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
Hydro Pump

Ice Beam

Grass Knot

Defog

Empoleon provides amazing synergy with Gligar, 4x resisting Ice and resisting Water while Gligar tanks Fighting-, Electric-, and Ground-type moves by virtue of its typing. Going offensive allows Empoleon to hit harder than it normally does while Shuca Berry is used so that Empoleon can tank a powerful Ground-type hit from Pokemon such as Krookodile and Mamoswine. Defog allows Empoleon to get rid of hazards, however I always end up going for an attacking move as I want to preserve Defog for once their hazard setters are gone. Hydro Pump hits hard especially once Empoleon is in Torrent range which is easily done once it tanks a Ground-type move via Shuca Berry. Ice Beam and Grass Knot provide amazing coverage alongside Empoleon's Water STAB nailing Grass-, Flying-, and Water-types respectively.

Artemis (Cresselia) @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
Thunder Wave

Lunar Dance

Moonlight

Psychic
/
Moonblast

Cresselia is my physical wall and my Nido check. Thanks to its amazing 120 / 120 / 130 bulk, it can tank many super effective hits and cripple the opponent's mon with Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is a great tool for this team since it lacks a Scarfer and the fastest mon on this team is Mega Houndoom, which still leaves this team outsped by a lot of offensive threats such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Beedrill, and Crobat. Lunar Dance is amazing on this team and arguably better than Healing Wish support thanks to it replenishing PP as well. Moonlight is semi-reliable recovery for Cresselia, allowing it to tank hits more easily. Psychic allows Cresselia to hit the Nidos hard while also being a STAB move, but there has been times where I wanted Moonblast for Hydreigon and Krookodile with the latter being immune to Thunder Wave.

BigHead LittleArms (Tyrantrum) (M) @

Ability: Rock Head
Adamant / Jolly Nature
Head Smash

Outrage

Earthquake

Superpower

While being the most expendable member of this team, this guy has wrecked lives. The power behind a STAB, Choice Band boosted recoil-less Head Smash is just jaw dropping. Outrage is another spammable move as only Steel-types resist it while Fairies are immune to it, which the latter dies to the amazing STAB Head Smash. Earthquake and Superpower are for said Steel-types that resist Tyrantrum's STABs hitting every Steel super effectively bar Forretress and Escavalier (who are both neutral to Head Smash). The debate between Adamant and Jolly nature is a toss up for me because since it shares the same Speed stat as Honchkrow meaning a lot of mons speed creep Adamant Tyrantrum as well which makes me want to run Jolly, however the power Adamant provides is essential to hit resists hard should I predict wrong.

This is the team. While it hasn't been the most successful team (doesn't help that I can't stand laddering because UU ladder is aids) it has been one of my more consistent teams and I thought it was time to share it as the core of Mega Houndoom + Toxicroak is getting popular, even though I thought it up before it gained said popularity.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-281933302 - That Specs Hydreigon really got me...luckily I ended up scouting and predicting right at the end and was able to get Hydreigon even with the "resisted" crit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-283902908 - The power of Christ Empoleon compels you! But seriously, I really feel like while this was a decent ladder fight I did make some risky plays such as staying in with Empoleon on Heracross and keeping in Tyrantrum on Hoopa risking being outsped.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-284275391 - The risky play of staying in with Empoleon on Rotom-Mow allowed me to get my Rocks up and gain momentum with U-turn to pave the way for Toxicroak to set up on Vaporeon and sweep.

I have so many of these so if I forget ppl let me know...
YABO - Probably my most consistent friend on here. A great battler and a great fren :]
Shiba - SHIBAE!!! <3
Mahmudkipz LessThanThreeMan - All for One and One for All! The UU's Three Musketeers!!!
DMT gobosox CoolStoryBrobat RowDog - The UU "Old Guard" (with more included here these are just those that I remember off the top of my head). I am glad I could be / am a part of this ;]
dodmen - Probably my inspiration for getting into the forums more and into UU in general. This guy is one of my favorite people here and one of the best players of UU I know (forever known as Dudeman130498 to me).
Hikari Sam - Get more active UUTLs tbh. Jk jk. While I know Sam more, I really like you guys as our TLs (better than kokoloko and Calloflochie).
ajemisOn - *sighs* Why can't you change to "BasedAaron" here as well as be more active on the forums? :/
Colbrushie - fk you and your global voice. Jk ily <3
iplaytennislol - Dat PS! avi is dope af. Also you are special because since you are auth in UU and NU, you will get a special shoutout in my UU and NU RMTs :o
IronBullet - I am so glad we have grown closer as friends on here and on PS! I am glad I have you as my C&C Overlord while also pushing me to do better for rating teams.
King UU - While I always give you shit, you are a true friend and a good one. Don't ever forget that :]
newfren - Billfren, my /wall is still broken
sniperaim - Where've you been?
Waiv - You are a nuisance so how tf did you get PS! UU room moderator? ily <3
Christo The Gr8 - I don't know much about you, but you are an integral part of UU, so here is your shoutout!
Yifeng - Bob, quit sucking dick and become an ass kisser already :x
DaSpoofy - Your ideas always surprise me (in a good way) and while I don't participate (irl and whatnot) I hope you can continue bringing your amazing ideas and energy to UU.
Hogg - Congratulations on after 23 weeks of being the sole person to be in Matchmaking's Hall of Fame. You are a good person and a solid contributor, not much else to say.
iWanka - You will always be the OG of UU ;]
LeoLancaster - Another UUer I don't know too well, but welcome to the shoutout crew! :]
Omfuga - O wise and powerful Fuga, please teach me the god-like powers you have to win tours and help me become the player you are.
Pak - Go back to being the Cranidos fanboy I know you are at heart pls (Rock-types for life!)
R0ady - I always seem to catch you as I am logging off because we have the worst time zone matchup ever (let's hope to god we are never paired for a tour lmao)
Thisbemyalt - TBMA, you are one of the nicest people in the UU room and are always a listening ear when I need one! Thanks :]
Kreme - You are the one and only frenemy I got. You and I compete for everything, Contributor, Trial QC, Analyses, Team Rater, and I doubt we will ever stop. ily tho so it's all k <3
Vapo - All I know about you is that /me vapes and you are Tours RO. We need to hang out more :]
Euphonos - You and your innovations will always be a thing of beauty. Glad to see you bring such innovation to the UU tier, whether it be for good or evil lol.
Jack. - Thanks for being the creator of one of the most popular Stylish's as well as giving me my green back because I am special <3
Sacri' - grats
teal6 - One of the people I know moreso from the forums than the PS! room, you have been a force in contributing and rating teams.

NU buddies (more in depth shoutouts to come in my NU RMT for my 3 year Smogonversary)
Disjunction hollywood Raseri Zebraiken Aladyyn boltsandbombers Deej Dy marilli Montsegur Pokedots Punchshroom QueenOfLuvdiscs Quite Quiet rw SilverReaper21 Sir Kay HJAD Shaneghoul allstar124 Hootie Jarii Kiyo metaphysical Orphic Rapture. Winter's Howl

Blaze of Glory (Houndoom-Mega) (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Contamination (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

:P (Gligar) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Kingpin (Empoleon) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Defog

Artemis (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Psychic

BigHead LittleArms (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Wow cute RMT n_n! I don't normally rate because I hate to destroy someones creativity with posting standard sets and saying "these are more effective because blah blah BLAH!!!!" but I just have one thing I thought could benefit your team. Tyrantrum turning earthquake to facade makes entei less threatening. You can get tyrantrum burnt by entei and still have a 140bp move with adament choice band. Everything else is really good. I won 6 ladder games in a row and got to 1611 when I stopped. Definetly a very effective team in this meta. Be proud of this great creation fren :)

Not sure about the teams stall matchup but shuffling for that would take an absurd amount of reworking. In terms of balanced/HO matchups this is just a 10/10 solid team though.

Reactions: nv
Hey NV n_n
Nice team! I may have one suggestion though, which may address the issues you had in the last Cresselia slot. You can always run Ice Beam > Psychic/Moonblast and hits the Nidos, Hydreigon and Krook all super-effectively, if they seem to be rather threatening to the team, although you will unfortunately miss out on hitting fighting-types super-effectively, so its just another option as unfortunately with only one attacking move you will miss out on hitting things :(

Reactions: nv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)