Meet my Clefable, its going to screw you over

Introduction

This is my bestest team ever. It is extremely surprising, but requires a lot of prediction. Unfortunately, my playtesting has not gone too well, because ive been playing on different simulators against people with random teams and lesser strategies, as well as using the standard ladder when no one was playing UU.

This team is based around one of the best movesets, Cosmic Power Clefable. There are also some other weird things happening.

My Team

Tornado (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/160 Atk/96 SpDef
Careful nature (+SpDef,-SpAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out/Pursuit (Depends on Shoddy or Pokelab)
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Position: Hitmontop took over Blastoise's spot as rapid spinner, and makes as a good lead to establish my momentum.

Stats: I wanted Hitmontop to survive non-choice specs Alakazam's Psychic, and with the given nature and evs, I maximize attack and special defense. If someone tells me its different, I'll change it. Alakazam has the strongest special attack, so Uxie's and Mesprit's wont do as much either. Leftovers to heal off damage.

Moves: Bullet Punch and Mach Punch for priority, stab, and technician boost, whilst Rapid Spin is to get rid of rocks. If I see a Mismagius, I just switch to some other pokemon. Fake Out to lead. Pursuit to hit ghosts hard.

Changes; Maybe the Ev speread

Hacker (Sceptile) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 32 HP/152 Atk/176 Spd/148 SpAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk,-Def)
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- X-Scissor

Position: Sceptile was the lead before Hitmontop, but its more versatile and can cause switches if I switch in after a KO. Its not extremely bulky, but can easily come in on walls that Clefable can't break (Registeel)

Stats: Leftovers means extra survivability. The HP EVs is maximum leftovers number, but I'm not sure if it should be changed for better substitutes. The speed is to outspeed Ambipom (I think), and the rest are poured into attack and special attack to make sure x-scissor and leaf storm are balanced. I'm not sure if it should be -def or -sp.d for my nature, but most bulky waters which I switch into are specially offensive.

Moves: Substitute and leech seed to subseed, a technique i have used to stall and annoy pokemon like Blaziken. X-Scissor is the surprise, hitting opposing Sceptile, psychics and darks. Usually, I substitute, unless the pokemon is weak to x-scissor (Alakazam), as pokemon weak to leaf storm switch out (Rhyperior)

Changes: A different EV spread, where the offensive stats aren't balanced, or the HP evs are different. A different nature is also on the cards.

Volcano (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/148 Def/108 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge

Position: Violently erupting, Heracross, as the revenge killer, hits hard and fast. With a choice scarf, as well as the ability to absorb a burn or poison, Heracross can reliably revenge kill and plow through opponents mid-game or lategame, or switch out for a rendevous later.

Stats: Max Attack EVs for max offensive brute. 108 speed evs to outspeed all unboosted unscarfed pokemon bar Electrode, and the rest in defense to survive priority attacks such as Aqua Jet and Extreme Speed (Heracross resists Mach Punch).

Moves: First two slots are for Stab, stone edge for fliers, and night slash for ghosts, the two types that resist or immune to Heracross's stabs. It all requires a bit of prediction. Its pretty offensive, and usually Heracross cleans up late in the game or provides brute force to remove walls, supporting my Clefable and Ambipom.

Changes: More speed Evs to outspeed Dragon Dancers and Rock Polishers, as well as other choice scarfed pokemon. Maybe even Aerial Ace because I don’t have a way to get rid of fighting types.

A-Bomb (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/12 SpAtk/96 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Cosmic Power
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

Position: Clefable is awesome, Cosmic Power is awesome, and Magic Guard is awesome. This pokemon is supposed to catch the opponent off-guard and completely crush them with +6 stats. Clefable hits hard, and the only way is to handle it with something as legendary, like Registeel.

Stats: Magic Guard and leftovers to provide reliable healing. The +Def nature is to get Clefable's less superior defense higher, and the 252 HP + 148 Def + 96 SpDef = Very well rounded defensive pokemon. The remaining 12 go to Special Attack for the extra power. With Cosmic Power's boosts, the defense, reliable healing, and Magic Guard means it can only get killed hax (stupid critical hits negating defense boosts) or a Unaware Bibarel (lol).

Moves: Cosmic Power for the defense boosts, and Softboiled for recovery. I usually heal whenever I get below 3/4 health to prevent being haxed to death. Charge Beam is for Special Attack boosts. The remaining special attacking slot is for the 95BP 100% attacks, but most of the attacks have abilities and types that negate the damage (Flash Fire etc.) So Ice Beam is there. The two attacks combined is 32 PP, so it would be hard to get outstalled, and its not taunt or set-up fodder considering how powerful it is, except against Registeel and such, but SubSeed and phazing is on this team for a reason.

Changes: Only EV Spread, again -_-

Meteorite (Ambipom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Shock Wave
- Swift
- Water Pulse

Position: Ambipom is the surprise, but its limited damage output and survivability means its a late game sweeper, or to remove a pokemon who is unaware of my ambipoms specially oriented attacks. There have been people who saw me swift, and asked me WTF?.

Stats: Max speed, and max special attack and 4hp is very typical ev spread. Focus Sash, however isn't typical. The Focus Sash requires Hitmontop to fulfil its purpose. Ambipom is supposed to survive one hit before unleashing a powerful attack. In the case it was to Nasty Plot, and a critical hit from another pokemon activates focus sash, Ambipom can use an attacking move, unless they have priority. Ambipom generally relies on good prediction, and no entry hazards.

Moves: Nasty Plot is for +2 sp.att boost, then swift for STAB, Water Pulse and Shock Wave are the only two base 60 (technician, of course), special attacks. Grass Knot can be used for some pokemon, but I'm not too sure about whether the damage output is worth it.

Changes: The EV's, jks, just want to now if Grass Knot should be used.

Tsunami (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpAtk
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Position: Milotic acts a tank, able to take hits and dish it out, if i see something i cant handle, i switch to Milotic

Stats: Its just a standard set, and I want it survive a lot of things, so standard is just fine with me.

Moves: Water/Ice is good coverage, toxic in case I have to stall something without subseeding or something like that, and recover to heal

Changes: Is HP Psychic or HP grass worth using

Things I want to know

If anyone uses a choice specs Alakazam as a lead
Whether my team is too weak to fighting
The stats are a bit different on Shoddy then on Pokelab, so I want to know if there are any differences in their engines.
There is a good chance that my ev spread may not be doing what I want.

I heavily depend on Clefable, and when I predict correctly, and Clefable gets a cosmic power, I don’t lose but in two cases. HAX. I have been critical hit by a Fire Blast from a Moltres, even a Low Kick from a Blaziken. So, I want a lucky chanter, jks. I also lose if some asshole decides to sleep me.

pics ->

Your Hitmontop, is its ability Technician or Intimidate? You won't get the Technician boost if you're running Intimidate. Nevertheless, run Sucker Punch instead of Bullet Punch, it does more 80BP vs 60BP. If running Intimidate, consider running Close Combat, Low Kick or Revenge over Fake Out for more damage output. Consider running 16 Speed EVs to outspeed max speed Adamant Rhyperior if not running Fake Out.

Sceptile is weird. Don't waste your EVs going mixed. Either go physical (Leaf Blade and X-Scissor) or special (Leaf Storm and HP Ice). Run max speed. Remaining EVs should go to your attacks or defenses, up to you. You can leave 32 HP EVs for a Leftovers number. The idea is to keep Sceptile's HP down so Leech Seed heals more % of its HP every turn so you can make more Subs.

Ambipom... could support the team better as a Baton Passer, by removing Shock Wave for Baton Pass. You could pass to Clefable or Milotic. If so, Milotic becomes much more dangerous, and should run HP Grass over Toxic for more offense against fellow Water types.

Since Clefable has Cosmic Power already, wouldn't it be easier for you to run 252 Special Attack and Speed, considering its above average defenses?

Your Hitmontop, is its ability Technician or Intimidate? You won't get the Technician boost if you're running Intimidate. Nevertheless, run Sucker Punch instead of Bullet Punch, it does more 80BP vs 60BP. If running Intimidate, consider running Close Combat, Low Kick or Revenge over Fake Out for more damage output. Consider running 16 Speed EVs to outspeed max speed Adamant Rhyperior if not running Fake Out.
My Hitmontop is Technician its just a type (fixed), i will run sucker punch. I don't think I need to outrun Rhyperior because I will switch to Milotic.

Sceptile is weird. Don't waste your EVs going mixed. Either go physical (Leaf Blade and X-Scissor) or special (Leaf Storm and HP Ice). Run max speed. Remaining EVs should go to your attacks or defenses, up to you. You can leave 32 HP EVs for a Leftovers number. The idea is to keep Sceptile's HP down so Leech Seed heals more % of its HP every turn so you can make more Subs.
Thanks for the tips, and I will run specially offensive, but what attack should replace X-Scissor?

Ambipom... could support the team better as a Baton Passer, by removing Shock Wave for Baton Pass. You could pass to Clefable or Milotic. If so, Milotic becomes much more dangerous, and should run HP Grass over Toxic for more offense against fellow Water types.
Baton Pass is going on Ambipom, but I don't want to remove toxic, as its my only true status I inflict.

Since Clefable has Cosmic Power already, wouldn't it be easier for you to run 252 Special Attack and Speed, considering its above average defenses?
If I don't run any defensive EVs, it becomes easier to critical hit and kill me, as well as killing me before getting enough cosmic powers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will test them out, and edits will be made

Thanks for the tips, and I will run specially offensive, but what attack should replace X-Scissor?
Hidden Power Ice.

but I don't want to remove toxic, as its my only true status I inflict
That doesn't matter. Toxic doesn't affect Steels, which Clefable has problems with. I forgot to mention, using Hidden Power Grass better suits the more offensive nature of your Milotic with 252 Special Attack EVs. If you want a defensive Milotic, keep Toxic but run 252 Defense EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)