UU Mega Absol

QC Checks: Pearl / Bouff / Ark
GP Checks: P Squared
[OVERVIEW]

* Mega Absol is one of the best Dark-types in the tier thanks to its amazing Attack and Speed stats, access to various utility moves such as Pursuit and Knock Off, and boosting move in Swords Dance.
* Its ability makes it immune to Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave and bounces back Stealth Rock.
* Mega Absol has a large movepool, with solid options such as Superpower, Fire Blast, Play Rough, Iron Tail, and even Will-O-Wisp.
* It's really frail, so it can't even take resisted hits from strong attackers and should not be directly switched in.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker
move 1: Knock Off
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Pursuit / Iron Tail
move 4: Fire Blast / Superpower / Iron Tail
item: Absolite
ability: Justified
nature: Naive / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Knock Off is Absol's main STAB move, hitting any Pokemon really hard and removing its item.
* Sucker Punch is a useful priority move that hits Starmie, Choice Scarf Chandelure, and Choice Scarf Latias super effectively.
* Pursuit is a really good pick to trap Latias, Gengar, and Starmie, as your opponent will likely be fearing Knock Off or Sucker Punch.
* Iron Tail can be used instead of Pursuit or in the fourth slot to hit Fairy-types, since it cripples Clefable and Togekiss and hits Primarina harder than Knock Off.
* Fire Blast OHKOes Scizor and Bisharp after Stealth Rock while OHKOing Cobalion after some prior damage.
* Superpower OHKOes Bisharp and hits Cobalion, Krookodile, and Hydreigon for super effective damage.
* Play Rough is an option to OHKO Hydreigon and Keldeo after some prior damage.

Set Details
========

* This EV spread maximizes Absol's Speed and Attack stats, which allows it to outspeed the majority of Pokemon in the tier and hit hard.
* A Naive nature is optimal when Absol is running Fire Blast; otherwise, Jolly must be used instead.
* Justified is its best pre-Mega ability, as Absol can take advantage of Choice-locked Pokemon, such as locked Hydreigon, to boost its Attack.
* Its ability post-Mega Evolution, Magic Bounce, helps it against Pokemon like Amoonguss and stallbreaker Mew, not to mention that your opponents will be less likely to click Stealth Rock or Will-O-Wisp if you have Absol in the back.

Usage Tips
========

* Absol is extremely frail, so it should never switch into Ghost- and Psychic-types directly. Bringing it in with VoltTurn support or aggressive double switches is ideal.
* Pressure foes with Knock Off and Sucker Punch enough until you feel that a teammate of Mega Absol can clean late-game.
* Play aggressively with Pursuit against targets like Latias and Celebi in order to give Absol's teammates an easier time.
Team Options
========

* Fighting-types such as Keldeo and Bewear strongly appreciate Absol's Pursuit support to trap Psychic- and Ghost-types that threaten them, such as Latias and Gengar.
* Steel- and Poison-types such as Scizor and Amoonguss help Absol against Fairy- and Bug-types, such as Clefable and opposing Scizor.
* Fairy-types such as Clefable and Primarina can take hits from Fighting-types decently.
* Psychic-types such as Reuniclus and Latias provide Absol a Fighting check, while Absol traps Gengar in return.
* Slow VoltTurn support from Pokemon like Tsareena and Forretress allows Absol to come in safely and potentially remove threats from the opposing team.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Superpower / Iron Tail / Play Rough
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Swords Dance boosts Mega Absol's Attack by two stages, allowing it to threaten builds more easily and act as a mid- or late-game wincon.
* Knock Off is Absol's main STAB move, removing foes' items and doing a lot of damage, even when unboosted.
* Sucker Punch is a strong priority move that gives Absol a way to deal with Choice Scarf Gengar and Latias, and it OHKOes some Pokemon that take neutral damage from it at +2, such as Mega Aerodactyl.
* Superpower is a strong coverage move that OHKOes Cobalion after some prior damage or after a boost, as well as Bisharp.
* Iron Tail is a good coverage option to surprise Fairy-types such as Clefable and Primarina, OHKOing them at +2.
* Play Rough is a solid coverage option too, as it OHKOes Hydreigon, as well as Keldeo at +2.

Set Details
========

* The given EV spread with a Jolly nature maximizes Mega Absol's Speed and Attack, allowing it to Speed tie with other base 115s such as Raikou and Zygarde-10% while hitting as hard as possible.
* Justified gives Absol an Attack boost before it Mega Evolves if it gets hit by a Dark-type move, but this is risky due to its frailty.
* Its post-Mega Evolution ability gives it some setup opportunities against passive Pokemon that rely on status moves, such as Mew and Amoonguss.

Usage Tips
========

* This set is best used as a mid- or late-game wincon.
* Set up Swords Dance against passive Pokemon, such as stallbreaker Mew, or against Pokemon that will switch out in fear of being KOed by one of Absol's STAB moves, such as Chandelure.
* Take advantage of Pokemon it can force out, such as Latias, especially if it has used Draco Meteor beforehand.
* Attempting to remove its checks' items with Knock Off before attempting a sweep is often a good idea.

Team Options
========

* Dark-types such as Hydreigon and Bisharp pair well with Swords Dance Absol, as they will form a powerful Dark-type spam core that overloads their checks.
* Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Latias, help Absol against the always annoying Fighting-types.
* Strong wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Scizor and Choice Specs Keldeo, help Absol execute a sweep by removing or weakening its checks.
* Klefki and Alolan Ninetales provide dual screens support, which will make it easier for Absol to set up Swords Dance.
* Slow VoltTurn support from Pokemon such as Tsareena and Forretress allows Absol to come in safely, and as a result, it can pressure opposing walls or set up Swords Dance without taking damage.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Blizzard can be used to surprise Gliscor and Krookodile, but this is its only utility.
* Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Bisharp and Scizor, but Absol rarely has room to use it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types, such as Clefable and Primarina, can threaten Mega Absol with their strong STAB moves; however, they should be careful, as Absol can carry Iron Tail.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types, mainly Cobalion, Keldeo, and Bewear, can easily tank Mega Absol's STAB moves and then KO it with their Fighting-type attacks, but they should all scout Absol's coverage, especially if it is carrying Swords Dance.

**Physical Walls**: Sturdy physical walls, such as Suicune, Hippowdon, and Swampert, can easily pressure Mega Absol and even burn it with Scald, but they hate having their items removed.

**Revenge Killers**: Revenge killers, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Mienshao, and Choice Scarf Keldeo, are faster than Mega Absol and can KO it with ease.

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
[OVERVIEW]

I like what I'm seeing! Only thing I'd change would be adding a mention to Absol's ability, Magic Bounce, and how it really adds up to this Pokemon's already disruptive nature

Before moving onto the individual sets, I'd just like to say that I think the you should change the set order. While it's true that AoA is a lot better right now than it was last gen, the same goes for SD in a way (although teams that use it have to be really careful with the coverage option of choice), and I think that it's still the trademark Absol set, if I'm making sense.

[SET - ALL-OUT ATTACKER]

First of all, you don't need to mention the same move twice if it's slashed in two different slots. Just say that it's an option over either Pursuit or other coverage moves and proceed to mention the benefits of running it over either of those two.

I'd also change the first line in Team Options to something along the lines of: "Absol benefits from having teammates that can make good use of the pressure it exerts on opposing teams, as well as Pokemon that like seeing Psychic- and Ghost-types out of the pictures". Even though what you've said isn't false, Absol is a pretty easy Pokemon to slap onto pretty much any kind of team, so specifying team archetypes when talking about possible teammates feels a little clunky in this context.

[SET - SWORDS DANCE]

Remove the Zygarde 10% mention in the Sucker Punch description for something else (probably Mega Aerodactyl). Zydog is probably one of the worst examples you could've given here, since it'll be just using Extremespeed to bypass Sucker Punch's priority (+2 vs +1), so there's that.

Change this line here: * Overload Absol's checks with Knock Off, as it can act as a wallbreaker too. Something along the lines of "attempting to remove its checks's items with Knock Off before attempting a sweep is often a good idea" should flow better with the rest of the analysis I think. Besides that, I also think you could probably do something better for this particular bullet punch: * Take advantage of stats drops, such as Latias at -2, to setup Swords Dance., considering that there aren't many Draco Meteor users or other Pokemon whose moves cause stat drops (and one of the most common aside from Draco Meteor is Superpower...). I'd change it to "Take advantage of Pokemon it can force out, such as Latias, especially if it has used Draco Meteor beforehand".

As for Team Options, I like what you did by mentioning Alolan Ninetales. I've been using it a lot in tandem with Absol and can confirm that it is a devastating combination. I think you should add a mention to slow U-turn / Volt Switch users in Team Options of both sets, since that's probably the safest way of getting Absol in a winning position without having to sacrifice anything.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

Make Will-O-Wisp the first mention in OO instead of Ice Beam.

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

Add a section for dedicated physically defensive Pokemon (Swampert, Hippowdon, Suicune), since Mega Absol has a very hard time outlasting any of those 1v1 and two of them can even burn it with Scald.

Aside from that, I think that you should try to fit more mentions to Mega Absol's ability in the analysis. While it isn't something that you'll be actively relying on throughout the game, since using Mega Absol to block Stealth Rock from the likes of Swampert or Hippo is pretty much suicide, it is still very useful to block Will-O-Wisp from the likes of Mew and also allows you to passively pressure the opponent (i.e. they'll be less likely to click Stealth Rock or status moves mindlessly if they see a mega evolved Absol sitting in the back). Consider this a 1/3 after you've implemented all changes!

[OVERVIEW]

I like what I'm seeing! Only thing I'd change would be adding a mention to Absol's ability, Magic Bounce, and how it really adds up to this Pokemon's already disruptive nature

Before moving onto the individual sets, I'd just like to say that I think the you should change the set order. While it's true that AoA is a lot better right now than it was last gen, the same goes for SD in a way (although teams that use it have to be really careful with the coverage option of choice), and I think that it's still the trademark Absol set, if I'm making sense.

[SET - ALL-OUT ATTACKER]

First of all, you don't need to mention the same move twice if it's slashed in two different slots. Just say that it's an option over either Pursuit or other coverage moves and proceed to mention the benefits of running it over either of those two.

I'd also change the first line in Team Options to something along the lines of: "Absol benefits from having teammates that can make good use of the pressure it exerts on opposing teams, as well as Pokemon that like seeing Psychic- and Ghost-types out of the pictures". Even though what you've said isn't false, Absol is a pretty easy Pokemon to slap onto pretty much any kind of team, so specifying team archetypes when talking about possible teammates feels a little clunky in this context.

[SET - SWORDS DANCE]

Remove the Zygarde 10% mention in the Sucker Punch description for something else (probably Mega Aerodactyl). Zydog is probably one of the worst examples you could've given here, since it'll be just using Extremespeed to bypass Sucker Punch's priority (+2 vs +1), so there's that.

Change this line here: * Overload Absol's checks with Knock Off, as it can act as a wallbreaker too. Something along the lines of "attempting to remove its checks's items with Knock Off before attempting a sweep is often a good idea" should flow better with the rest of the analysis I think. Besides that, I also think you could probably do something better for this particular bullet punch: * Take advantage of stats drops, such as Latias at -2, to setup Swords Dance., considering that there aren't many Draco Meteor users or other Pokemon whose moves cause stat drops (and one of the most common aside from Draco Meteor is Superpower...). I'd change it to "Take advantage of Pokemon it can force out, such as Latias, especially if it has used Draco Meteor beforehand".

As for Team Options, I like what you did by mentioning Alolan Ninetales. I've been using it a lot in tandem with Absol and can confirm that it is a devastating combination. I think you should add a mention to slow U-turn / Volt Switch users in Team Options of both sets, since that's probably the safest way of getting Absol in a winning position without having to sacrifice anything.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

Make Will-O-Wisp the first mention in OO instead of Ice Beam.

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

Add a section for dedicated physically defensive Pokemon (Swampert, Hippowdon, Suicune), since Mega Absol has a very hard time outlasting any of those 1v1 and two of them can even burn it with Scald.

Aside from that, I think that you should try to fit more mentions to Mega Absol's ability in the analysis. While it isn't something that you'll be actively relying on throughout the game, since using Mega Absol to block Stealth Rock from the likes of Swampert or Hippo is pretty much suicide, it is still very useful to block Will-O-Wisp from the likes of Mew and also allows you to passively pressure the opponent (i.e. they'll be less likely to click Stealth Rock or status moves mindlessly if they see a mega evolved Absol sitting in the back). Consider this a 1/3 after you've implemented all changes!
Implemented n_n
Also, I won't change the set order until another QC member approves it, since I talked about this order with 2 other members and they approved it.

Reactions: TSR
Gonna have to disagree here, because Absol still gets burned due to Mew's Synchronize.
In what world is Mega Absol wasting time on using Will-O-Wisp on Mew? Absol can just use Knock Off to KO it. WoW is for other physical attackers that can easily switch in on Absol's Knock Off. Mew has absolutely zero business switching in on Mega Absol anyways, so trying to argue that Mew's ability makes WoW a bad choice is an irrelevant argument.

Edit: Ah, I see, makes sense. My bad :< But I still think it's a better choice than Ice Beam overall

Last edited:
In what world is Mega Absol wasting time on using Will-O-Wisp on Mew? Absol can just use Knock Off to KO it. WoW is for other physical attackers that can easily switch in on Absol's Knock Off. Mew has absolutely zero business switching in on Mega Absol anyways, so trying to argue that Mew's ability makes WoW a bad choice is an irrelevant argument.
He is trying to say that Mew is a bad example for how Magic Bounce is useful. Pearl stated that Magic Bounce is useful to block WoW from the likes of Mew, but if Mew Wisps and it bounces back, Absol also gets burnt due to Synchronize.

He is trying to say that Mew is a bad example for how Magic Bounce is useful. Pearl stated that Magic Bounce is useful to block WoW from the likes of Mew, but if Mew Wisps and it bounces back, Absol also gets burnt due to Synchronize.
Yeah. Probably should have specified that by "it" I meant Magic Bounce, but Mew doesn't really care much about being burnt, especially since it still burns Absol due to Mew's ability.

put blizzard in oo instead of ice beam, still does the same thing that ib does but with ib you dont ko krook after a knock which is headass, making blizz better despite the unreliability.

you dont need to say "jolly nature" or anything like that in the nature section, just jolly.

be more specific in ur team options in the first set, i think keldeo in particular is a cool option since u trap latias despite the stack in fairy weaknesses, so that could go in the fighting-type section

this looks fine otherwise though, qc 2/3

put blizzard in oo instead of ice beam, still does the same thing that ib does but with ib you dont ko krook after a knock which is headass, making blizz better despite the unreliability.

you dont need to say "jolly nature" or anything like that in the nature section, just jolly.

be more specific in ur team options in the first set, i think keldeo in particular is a cool option since u trap latias despite the stack in fairy weaknesses, so that could go in the fighting-type section

this looks fine otherwise though, qc 2/3
implemented, thanks for the check! ready for QC 3/3!

Time for another round of QC; most of the problems here are GP things, though, but I don't think I'll focus on those.

In the overview, I don't think it's necessary to say that it is outsped by common tier staples; there are 3 mon that outspeed it, and none like a +2 Sucker Punch. Its speed tier is amazing.

Iron Tail does more than just hit Clefable; it also hits Togekiss and Alolan Ninetales super effectively, and hits Primarina a lot harder than Knock Off.

Superpower does not OHKO Krookodile, it does 83.3% max. If you knock it first, then yes, it does KO, but that is not what is being said here. Also, Superpower hits Hydreigon and Cobalion, which should be mentioned here.

The reasoning for the EV spread is bad; you run max speed and max attack to outspeed other Pokemon and hit as hard as possible. Absol's bulk has absolutely nothing to do with this, so change that please.

The reasoning for the pre-mega ability is also bad. You use Justified to potentially take advantage of Choice-locked Pokemon like Hydreigon, not to switch in to attemp to gain a boost. The sentence should reflect that.

In Usage tips, what does "play carefully around Psychic- and Ghost-types" mean? What you mean to say is to somehow bring Absol in on Psychic- and Ghost-types so you can Pursuit trap them, so change the bullet point to say that, and give examples of how to bring it in safely (aggressive double switching, U-turn/Volt Switch support, revenge killing, any of these work).

I also strongly disagree with the last point; if there is an 80% Latias in front of you, and you have a Scarf Keldeo in the back, clicking Pursuit can be the better play because Latias stops being a switch-in to Keldeo, and unless Latias can recover up on another of your Pokemon, you have successfully broken it for Keldeo. Meanwhile, if they switch out, you can be in a bad spot - especially if you don't run Superpower or Fire Blast and they have a Cobalion! Knock Off is not always the safer play, so explain what purpose Pursuit serves, when you should Knock Off and when you should Pursuit.

In Team Options, I feel like the first and the third point can be merged. All your examples in the first point are Fighting-types, so why not just say Fighting-types benefit from Pursuit? Alternatively, you can add non Fighting-type examples, and just leave the third point out altogether.

Steel- and Poison-types take on more than just Fairy-types for Absol; they also check Bug-types. Add that in. Also add a mention of both of these types in Team Options for the Swords Dance set.

In the Swords Dance set's Team Options, say that Alolan Ninetales gives it screen support. You're not going to be using regular Ninetales for screens.

Move Blizzard to the first slot in Other Options; removing Gliscor can be incredibly valuable right now.

Everything else is fine QC-wise, even if GP stuff needs a lot of work. QC 3/3 once you have implemented all of this.

Real quick, last line in Usage Tips for AOA isn't really correct, change to something like "play aggressively with Pursuit against targets like Latias and Celebi in order to give Absol's teammates an easier time."

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

GP 1/1
add remove comment

[OVERVIEW]

(would be nice to start off with what mega absol does / why i should add it to my team; it's not that immediately interesting that it has good Attack (which you can already see on the page))
* Mega Absol boasts one of the highest Attack stats in the tier and a solid Speed tier.
* Its ability makes it immune to Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, (RC) and bounces back Stealth Rock.
* Mega Absol has a large movepool, with solid options such as Superpower, Fire Blast, Play Rough, Iron Tail, and even Will-O-Wisp.
* It's really frail, so it can't even take resisted hits from strong attackers and should not be directly switched in.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker
move 1: Knock Off
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Pursuit / Iron Tail
move 4: Fire Blast / Superpower / Iron Tail
nature: Naive / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Knock Off is Absol's its main STAB move, hitting any Pokemon really hard and removing its item.
* Sucker Punch is a useful priority move that hits Starmie, Choice Scarf Chandelure, and Choice Scarf Latias super effectively.
* Pursuit is a really good pick to trap Latias, Gengar, and Starmie, as your opponent will be likely be fearing Knock Off or Sucker Punch. (add period)
* Iron Tail can be used instead of Pursuit or in the fourth slot to hit Fairy-types, (add comma) since it cripples Clefable and Togekiss, (RC) and hits Primarina harder than Knock Off.
* Fire Blast OHKOes Scizor and Bisharp after Stealth Rock while OHKOing Cobalion after some prior damage.
* Superpower OHKOes Bisharp and hits Cobalion, Krookodile, and Hydreigon for super effective damage.
* Play Rough is an option to OHKO Hydreigon and Keldeo after some prior damage.

Set Details
========

* This EV spread maximizes Absol's Speed and Attack stats, which allows it to outspeed the majority of Pokemon in the tier and hit hard.
* A Naive nature is optimal when Absol is running Fire Blast; otherwise, Jolly must be used instead.
* Justified is its best pre-Mega ability, as Absol can take advantage of Choice-locked Pokemon, such as locked Hydreigon, to boost its Attack.
* Its ability post-Mega Evolution, Magic Bounce, helps it against Pokemon like Amoonguss and stallbreaker Mew, not to mention that your opponents will be less likely to click Stealth Rock or Will-O-Wisp if you have Absol in the back.

Usage Tips
========

* Absol is extremely frail, so it should never switch into Ghost- and Psychic-types directly. Bringing it in with VoltTurn Volt Switch/U-turn support or aggressive double switches is ideal.
* Pressure foes with Knock Off and Sucker Punch enough until you feel that a teammate of Mega Absol can clean late-game.
* Play aggressively with Pursuit against targets like Latias and Celebi in order to give Absol's teammates an easier time.. (RP)

Team Options
========

* Fighting-types such as Keldeo and Bewear strongly appreciate Absol's Pursuit support to trap Psychic- and Ghost-types that threaten them, such as Latias and Gengar.
* Steel- and Poison-types such as Scizor and Amoonguss help Absol against Fairy- and Bug-types, such as Clefable and opposing Scizor.
* Fairy-types such as Clefable and Primarina can take hits from Fighting-types decently.
* Psychic-types such as Reuniclus and Latias provide Absol a Fighting check, while Absol traps Gengar in return.
* Slow VoltTurn support from Pokemon like Tsareena and Forretress allows Absol to come in safely and potentially remove threats from the opposing team.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Superpower / Iron Tail / Play Rough
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Swords Dance boosts Mega Absol's Attack by two stages, allowing it to threaten builds more easily and act as a mid- or late-game wincon.
* Knock Off is Absol's main STAB move, removing foes' items and doing a lot of damage, even when unboosted.
* Sucker Punch is a strong priority move that gives Absol a way to deal with Choice Scarf Gengar and Latias, and it OHKOes some Pokemon that take neutral damage from it at +2, such as Mega Aerodactyl.
* Superpower is a strong coverage move that OHKOes Cobalion after some prior damage or after a boost, as well as Bisharp.
* Iron Tail is a good coverage option to surprise Fairy-types such as Clefable and Primarina, OHKOing them at +2.
* Play Rough is a solid coverage option too, as it OHKOes Hydreigon, as well as Keldeo at +2. (does it OHKO Hydreigon without a boost?)

Set Details
========

* The given EV spread with a Jolly nature maxmize maximizes Mega Absol's Speed and Attack, allowing it to Speed tie with other base 115s such as Raikou and Zygarde-10% while hitting as hard as possible.
* Justified gives Absol an Attack boost before it Mega Evolves if it gets hit by a Dark-type move, but this is risky due to its frailty.
* Its post-Mega Evolution ability gives it some setup opportunities against passive Pokemon that rely on status moves, such as Mew and Amoonguss.

Usage Tips
========

* This set is best used as a mid- or late-game wincon.
* Set up Swords Dance against passive Pokemon, such as stallbreaker Mew, or against Pokemon that will switch out in fear of being KOed by one of Absol's STAB moves, such as Chandelure.
* Take advantage of Pokemon it can force out, such as Latias, especially if it has used Draco Meteor beforehand.
* Attempting to remove its checks' items with Knock Off before attempting a sweep is often a good idea.

Team Options
========

* Dark-types such as Hydreigon and Bisharp pair well with Swords Dance Absol, as they will form a powerful Dark-type spam core that overloads their checks.
* Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Latias, help Absol against the always annoying Fighting-types.
* Strong wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Scizor and Choice Specs Keldeo, help Absol to exceute execute a sweep by removing or weakening its checks. (add period)
* Klefki and Alolan Ninetales provide dual screens support, which will make it easier for Absol to set up Swords Dance.
* Slow VoltTurn support from Pokemon such as Tsareena and Forretress allows Absol to come in safely, and as a result, it can pressure opposings opposing walls or set up Swords Dance without taking damage.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Blizzard can be used to surprise Gliscor and Krookodile, but this is its only utility.
* Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Bisharp and Scizor, but Absol rarely has room to use it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types, such as Clefable and Primarina, can threaten Mega Absol with their strong STAB moves; however, they should be careful, as Absol can carry Iron Tail.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types, mainly Cobalion, Keldeo, and Bewear, can easily tank Mega Absol's STAB moves and then KO it with their Fighting-type attacks, but they should all scout Absol's coverage, especially if it is carrying Swords Dance.

**Physical Walls**: Sturdy physical walls, such as Suicune, Hippowdon, and Swampert, can easily pressure Mega Absol and even burn it with Scald, but they hate having their items removed.

**Revenge Killers**: Revenge killers, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Mienshao, and Choice Scarf Keldeo, are faster than Mega Absol and can KO it with ease.

Last edited:
Reformulated the first bullet point and implemented the rest. Tagging P Squared to check the first bullet point.

p^2 edit: seems ok

highways edit: this is done :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)