XY OU Mega Aerodactyl OU Team (Peaked 1783 on Ladder, #139)

Introduction:
I came together with a friend (Professional 2341) to make a serious team to ladder with. We had talked about what we wanted to do. Pro was begging for a team made around a BL/UU set up sweeper. We basically wanted something powerful, unique, and underrated. So here I am presenting you with...

Mega Aerodactyl:
The Forgotten Dino

Teambuilding Process

We wanted to make a viable OU team around Mega Aero, so obviously Aerodactyl was our first picked pokemon, it's really an underrated threat.

Since Mega Aero was walled by a lot of pokemon, we needed some decent amount of support, Skarm was nuisance and so was Bulky Steel types that eat up EQs such as Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, and so we added Magnezone to trap them and finish them off, he's a powerful member to the team.

We needed a Spinner because Mega Aerodactyl was weak to rocks, Excadrill was best at spinning, he also provided Steel coverage to get bulky fairies along with EQ which is always nice. Excadrill also shifted the team a bit to a bulky offensive style.

We needed something that hits very hard, resists Fighting- and Fire- types, has some bulk, an has he ability to handle Ground- Types, Azumarill fits in perfectly, we this a Steel/Fairy core was created, along with a Water/Electric core. Azumarill also gave us priority.

Next we needed something that adds a resistance to Fighting- Type, because it was piling up a bit, but at the same time we needed a double insurance for EQ spam and even more priority. But with this we had way too many Physical Attackers so we made Talonflame mixed.

Next we needed something to stop Electric Spam along wit Exca and Mag but also provide rocks that support Mega Aerodactyl, Bulky Chomp fits that description perfectly, and since we have 2 steel types and one water/fairy, Dragon- and Ice- spam wasn't a problem either.

These were done by pro cause he thought mine were bad. Same with the Pokemon descriptions below.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
Aerodactyl is the star of our show. We wanted to make a team around Mega Aerodactyl and so we did, Mega Aero is really one of the most underrated threats ever, after 1 HC boost it pretty much decimated HO singlehandedly. As for the moves, Hone Claws boosts his attack by 1 stage, while also boosting Accuracy, making it safe to spam Stone Edge. After that We decided with EQ>Fire Fang because Heatran was a much bigger problem than Ferrothorn and Scizor especially when we had Magnezone to take care of them. Aerial Ace, although weak, is actually pretty good because flying spam is pretty good in the meta. The EVs outspeed Chompy before going Mega, and Ninja after, with maximum Atk EVs for maximum power, and the rest put in HP for decent bulk. We decided to pass on Jolly and go for Adamant because even though we lose to Mega Manectric we nail a lot of handy KOs.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Since Mega Aero can't 2HKO Ferro at +1 and Ferro can pretty much OHKO us, we decided that Ferro was a big problem, but so was Scizor as it survives a hit and does a lot back to us, so 2 common pokemons were major counters to Mega Aero, both being steel- type, we decided to add Magnezone, which helped a lot vs. Ferro and Scizor (Mega), not to mention it also traps and kills Skarm which is also extremely handy; furthermore, it can even take on Choice Locked Exca to anything but EQ, it also nails the KO on Mega Mawile and Bisharp. As for the moves, it's pretty standard, the EVs on the other hand, are to outspeed 4 Spe Mega Scizor (Considering HP Fire) and speed creeping Skarm

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
XY introduced Aegislash, possibly the best spinblocker and consequently deemed all spinners non-viable, except Excadrill, and so when we needed a spinner it was deemed Excadrill. As for the items, I didn't like Air Balloon, and my partner wasn't too fond of it either, but Scarf and Leftovers were out of the question for us too, since Scarf doesn't achieve anything Mega Aero doesn't and Leftovers is kinda weak, and so we decided on AV, which is actually pretty amazing, eating up special hits that Excadrill doesn't usually eat up, and able to switch on Latis more. As for the moves, they're pretty standard - nothing to talk about, but if you're wondering about the EVs, it's pretty simple, max Atk Adamant for maximum power, 192 Spe to outspeed max speed neutral nature base 80 (Mamoswine) and the rest dumped into HP to give us some bulk.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off
Azumarill, one of the most power pokemons in OU, and one of the most powerful Fairy- Types ever; Azumarill is extremely useful and essential to our team, as it covers weaknesses, mainly Fire- and Fighting- types, which were a huge problem to this team. It also is really helpful in taking out bulky ground types which makes it easier for Mega Aero to sweep. We went for a Band set over AV cause Exca already has one, and because we wanted immediate power. As for the moves, it's pretty standard and self-explanatory, the last slot is often switched between Superpower and Knock off, both which are handy. Finally, our EVs outspeed minimum speed Tyranitar, with maximum EVs on Atk for maximum power, and the rest dumped into bulk. 160 HP just hits SR number.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 168 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost
Talonflame, one of the most threatening pokemon in the metagame, priority Brave Bird is way too good even with 81 base Atk. At first sight, this set seems crazy, but it really isn't. It's a great late-game cleaner with BB, as for Fire Blast, it easily weakens some stuff Mega Aero struggles with, such as Lando-T, Gliscor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. This was sort of a double insurance in case we lost Mag to a choke/outplay. This is actually a great set, when spamming Brave Bird the opponent think it's regular Talonfalme and put Lando-T, only to take a powerful Fire Blast, it also lures in Heatran and has a 50% chance to 2HKO after rocks, which is pretty crazy tbh. Roost is roost. The EVs are for maximum SpA, outspeed Jolly Lando-T and max speed neutral nature base 105, and finally, the rest are dumped into bulk.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 24 Def / 92 SpD / 104 Spe 248 HP / 40 Atk / 120 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
Garchomp is our last Pokemon, he tends to be our lead. With the current EVs Garchomp is really bulky, sets up rocks reliably, and even does decent damage with SD and dual stab. As for the moves, nothing is special, the only reason we are using Outrage is to nail some viable KOs. The EVs? Yeah they're quite confusing, but they achieve the following: 248 HP / 24+ 120 Def survives Jolly Adamant Mamoswine's LO Ice Shard. 248 HP / 92 SpD takes 1 LO HP Ice from Thundurus, (The reason of 248 HP is because the added 4 in SpD improve it a lot) and 104 8+ Spe out speeds Jolly max speed Mega T-tar, which usually carries Ice Punch, but at the same time outspeeds Jolly Bisharp and Adamant Mamoswine. Finally 40 Atk OHKOs 164 HP Azu (Probably the highest amount of HP Azu is competitively invested in) at +2 after rocks. Pro found a better spread. The HP, SpD, and the Atk are unchanged, but Jolly 8 Spe still hits 266 Speed, and now we can take an Adamant Mamo Ice Shard instead of Jolly.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147188181
The Fight which got me to 1717.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147332639
Somewhat good battle for me.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-152789764
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-152791654
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-152794338
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-153385540
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-153393007
Top 5 battles is a crazy laddering montage to beat my previous peak+set my new one.
Threats:
Keldeo tends to beat me if I don't have Aero Mega Evolved and Talonflame and Azu are gone.

Will add more.​

Last edited:
Importable

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 120 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage

Last edited:
Hi, nice Aero team I_am_A_Garchomp,

I like the way you chose your Mega set and how you chose Magnezone to remedy his steel problems and good job on the ranking! However in order to address some of your threats, for example Keldeo, Landrous-T (and probably his intimidate core bro Mega Man) and Gliscor as well as the lack of special attackers which may give you some problems infront of dedicated physical walls, I have a few suggestions:

Switch Excadrill for Latios. Latios removes a ground weakness, adds a special attacker with speed, helps remove hazards which Aero and Talon don't like and deals with Rotom-W and Keldeo as well:

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Earthquake/Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

EQ can be used to lure in Heatran and finish him off, or roost for longetivity (in which case just switch the nature to Timid). Magnezone can help deal with Clefable even after +1 so no worries.

As for Garchomp, if you are gonna use him for a lead, why no just give him max power and enough spe to outspeed positive 80's and put the rest into Fire Blast?

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 72 SpA / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

As for Talonlame, we already dealt with the issues of special attackers but if you really want a surprise factor and weaken Landrous-T and Gliscor, lets take a look at what your current set does to SpD Gliscor:

252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Gliscor: 149-177 (42 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

They are both weak to Ice so why not use Natural Gift?

Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Spe / 112 HP/4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sword Dance

Both of them are now dead along with some added power and speed EVs outspeed Thundrus-I. A minor adjustment would be to give Magnezone 140 Spe evs if you want to Volt Switch on Neutral Speed Heatrans and give them some damage on your way out, but that's your call.

I can do one of the 2:
Change Exca for Latios, or change Chomp's EVs. I still want some bulkiness in the team. If I do option 1, then Chomp is going to be shifted out of the lead role to keep some bulk around. If I do option 2, Exca stays, which also means Talonflame stays unchanged.
I'll try option 1, and see how it goes.

EDIT: Fight without Exca.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147361767
If I had Exca, the game would've played out differently. I would've been able to beat Rotom-W, letting Flame clean a lot easier. I also wouldn't have had to worry about Mamo as much cause of Exca.
I think I'll go back to the original.

Last edited:
Hey I really like your team! So much in fact that I tried it out myself.
Literally, the first game using your team I ran into a Sableye and I found myself without an answer.
With magnezone gone there isnt much to take a WoW, except for maybe Talonflame.
I thought maybe you could switch Garchomp for a Magic Guard Clefable as it can take on the bulky Stealth Rocker role.

Here's a standard bulky Clefable set you might want to try out:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Bold | 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock

As for Garchomp, if you are gonna use him for a lead, why no just give him max power and enough spe to outspeed positive 80's and put the rest into Fire Blast?

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 72 SpA / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

As for Talonlame, we already dealt with the issues of special attackers but if you really want a surprise factor and weaken Landrous-T and Gliscor, lets take a look at what your current set does to SpD Gliscor:

252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Gliscor: 149-177 (42 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

They are both weak to Ice so why not use Natural Gift?

Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Spe / 112 HP/4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sword Dance

Both of them are now dead along with some added power and speed EVs outspeed Thundrus-I. A minor adjustment would be to give Magnezone 140 Spe evs if you want to Volt Switch on Neutral Speed Heatrans and give them some damage on your way out, but that's your call.
Hello, I would like to respond to this since i made the team with Garchomp, well the bulky Garchomp set adds bulkiness to the team, which forms somewhat of a bulky core with Exca, Mag, and Azumarill, this team is not Hyper Offensive (Which changing exca to latios will result in) but rather bulky offensive

As for the Talonflame set, Natural Gift didn't fly from our mind, however, Mixed Talonflame is the only set that can weaken Gliscor, Lando-T, and Heatran all at the same time, which Ground or Ice Natural Gift are incapable of.

Also regarding SpD Gliscor

Talonflame is not supposed to kill it, just weaken it enough for Azu / Mega Aero later at +1

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 208-246 (58.7 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

All said and done, I would still like to try your Talonflame set, as more than one thing can pick off the kill on Heatran, thnx for the rate :]

Hey I really like your team! So much in fact that I tried it out myself.
Literally, the first game using your team I ran into a Sableye and I found myself without an answer.
With magnezone gone there isnt much to take a WoW, except for maybe Talonflame.
I thought maybe you could switch Garchomp for a Magic Guard Clefable as it can take on the bulky Stealth Rocker role.

Here's a standard bulky Clefable set you might want to try out:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Bold | 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock

Hm, actually I really really like this suggestion, it's a great help to the team, since it can also be a cleric w/ Heal Bell; however, adding Clefable means that Sand Rash LO Excadrill will completely rek this team if Azu is out.

thnx for the rate :]

Hey there, I really like the idea of this team of using Magnezone + Aerodactyl as it is pretty solid as an idea in itself. Your team is also pretty solid although I feel as though some of your sets are not the best the can possibly be. I think you should make Magnezone Choice Scarf > Choice Specs to be able to deal with Birdspam pretty conveniently as well as be able to deal with Thundurus which is a pretty huge threat to your team. You will still be able to remove steels such as Scizor and Ferrothorn while making Magnezone able to preform more in it's role with a Choice Scarf.

I also feel as though Excadrill is not the optimal hazards remover for you as it has pretty bad synergy with the rest of the team. I think you should use Defog Latios > Excadrill as Latios allows you to deal with Landorus which is a pretty huge threat to your team and also acts as a secondary counter to Keldeo if Azumarill is to be burned by Scald. Also Latios has pretty great synergy with Megnezone as Magnezone removes steels for Latios while also covering it's weakness to fairy.

Finally, I also think that Talonflame's role on the team is pretty futile with the changes above. Also since Magnezone is a pretty slow Choice Scarf user, this naturally leaves you pretty weak to a lot of set up sweepers. One example is Gyarados; so I suggest using Focus Sash Breloom > Talonflame, which can easily stop a lot of set up sweepers as it can take a hit and Spore/retaliate with a move or priority Mach Punch. I don't think you need Talonflame very much as Garchomp already lures and weakens Landorus-T with Swords Dance + Outrage for an eventual Aerodactyl sweep.

Other than that, I feel as though this team has quite a lot of potential, so good luck with testing and I hope I helped!

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic (Psychic > Psyshock to 2hko Clefable)
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb (You can consider using Swords Dance over Rock Tomb here as it's viable again since Aegislash and Mega Mawile are gone.)

Last edited:
Hello there!

I really like the usage of Mega-Aerodactyl in combination with Magnezone to cover with the steel weakness. I wouldnt like to change too much of your team as this would ruin the unique selling point of it so I recommend some small changes to cope better with some weaknesses, limiting myself to maybe one mon-replacement. First of all, your team is weak to hard-hitting elektric types with the correct coverage moves, in particular Mega-Manetric, Thundurus-I, Thundurus-T and also Rotom-W. Now u might argue that with correct prediction, these mons, especially the offensive variants don't have a safe switch-in but people can just lead with them or switch them in once one of their mons goes down.

To counter that, I would really recommend replacing the Excadrill with Latias. Now people before me always recommended using Latios, but I think you could really make use of the additional bulk to deal with Rotom-W who would otherwise be tremendously annoying to deal with. To release some pressure off Latias shoulder, I would further recommend to change the Magnezone set as mentioned by the post above me to a Choice Scarf set. This will allow you deal with Thundurus-I even better and it could serve as a pseudo revenge-killer who will definitely come in handy. The change in nature and item might fail you some POTENTIAL OHKOes on the pokemons you want to trap, but usually they won't be able to dent you anyway, so you don't need that so badly.
Your Garchomp set is really not convincing me. SD is nice but rarely used since Garchomp is also your stealth rock setter. Please prove me wrong, if you really have a lot of opportunities to set SD up with Garchomp. I would suggest to try out a Yache Berry or Roseli Berry set to net some surprise kills. That way you could also preserve Garchomp for later stages in the game.

Recommended sets:

@Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Spe, 252 SpA, 24HP; IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Volt Turn
- Thunderbolt
- HP Fire
- Flash Cannon

The Spe EVs allows you to outspeed Thundurus-I with Scarf, more Speed isn't needed.

Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA or 252 SpD, 252 HP or any other combination
Timid or Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor/ Dragon Pulse

Since Latias is there to help with OUs special attackers, you can really experiment with her EV spread and see what works best for you. More offensive if you like the power or more defensive to take hits better. I personally prefer as offensive as possible meaning Life Orb+ max speed & spA but really experiment with that.

@Yache Berry/Roseli Berry
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage/Double Chop

Idea is to preserve him to net surprise kills on electric special attackers or fairies. For example, Manetric would always Volt Switch if it predicts a Latias to come in. Just send Garchomp in and kill it Earthquake, taking HP Ice like a baws thanks to Yache Berry.

Hope I could help :) Good luck with your team!

I found your team a bit vulnerable against Mega Manectric.
You could try to Choice Scarf your Excadrill which could check M-Manectric and Adamant Mega Zard-X after a DD.
Also a nice check against Bird Spam.

-1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 306-362 (103 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excadrill @Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

kloshitt

Banned deucer.
lolol nice Team Looks pretty interesting =) id say it seems pretty good for a Team with mega aero.. can trap some skarms and so on not bad!

Hello there!

I really like the usage of Mega-Aerodactyl in combination with Magnezone to cover with the steel weakness. I wouldnt like to change too much of your team as this would ruin the unique selling point of it so I recommend some small changes to cope better with some weaknesses, limiting myself to maybe one mon-replacement. First of all, your team is weak to hard-hitting elektric types with the correct coverage moves, in particular Mega-Manetric, Thundurus-I, Thundurus-T and also Rotom-W. Now u might argue that with correct prediction, these mons, especially the offensive variants don't have a safe switch-in but people can just lead with them or switch them in once one of their mons goes down.

To counter that, I would really recommend replacing the Excadrill with Latias. Now people before me always recommended using Latios, but I think you could really make use of the additional bulk to deal with Rotom-W who would otherwise be tremendously annoying to deal with. To release some pressure off Latias shoulder, I would further recommend to change the Magnezone set as mentioned by the post above me to a Choice Scarf set. This will allow you deal with Thundurus-I even better and it could serve as a pseudo revenge-killer who will definitely come in handy. The change in nature and item might fail you some POTENTIAL OHKOes on the pokemons you want to trap, but usually they won't be able to dent you anyway, so you don't need that so badly.
Your Garchomp set is really not convincing me. SD is nice but rarely used since Garchomp is also your stealth rock setter. Please prove me wrong, if you really have a lot of opportunities to set SD up with Garchomp. I would suggest to try out a Yache Berry or Roseli Berry set to net some surprise kills. That way you could also preserve Garchomp for later stages in the game.

Recommended sets:

@Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Spe, 252 SpA, 24HP; IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Volt Turn
- Thunderbolt
- HP Fire
- Flash Cannon

The Spe EVs allows you to outspeed Thundurus-I with Scarf, more Speed isn't needed.

Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA or 252 SpD, 252 HP or any other combination
Timid or Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor/ Dragon Pulse

Since Latias is there to help with OUs special attackers, you can really experiment with her EV spread and see what works best for you. More offensive if you like the power or more defensive to take hits better. I personally prefer as offensive as possible meaning Life Orb+ max speed & spA but really experiment with that.

@Yache Berry/Roseli Berry
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage/Double Chop

Idea is to preserve him to net surprise kills on electric special attackers or fairies. For example, Manetric would always Volt Switch if it predicts a Latias to come in. Just send Garchomp in and kill it Earthquake, taking HP Ice like a baws thanks to Yache Berry.

Hope I could help :) Good luck with your team!
I don't see much of a reason to make Mag Scarf>Specs. I mean, getting Thundy is nice, but Excadrill is a solid check to Thundurus. You may start thinking, "Focus Blast KOs!" but it doesn't. I take like, 90%, sure, but I can kick back with Rock Slide for a Clean KO. Superpower is a ko, but with Rocks+Priority, it really isn't too smart of a play. You take 60% between LO+2 rock switches.

Keeping Exca for above reasons. And Latias doesn't make much sense, cause Exca can 2HKO Rotom-W, which I can counter lead, and Mega Mane falls to Flash Cannon+Rocks+Priority. Thundy-T is VERY irrelevant cause Thundy I>Thundy-T any day.

I can take a Mega Mane HP Ice if I can take a LO Thundy HP Ice. And Garchomp is pretty sick, cause I can wreck Mega Pinsir, Azumarill (I can take an AV PR), and a lot more physical attackers with Rock Helm+Rough Skin. And I like the bulk.
And I rarely do find uses for SD, but if I can get one in, I tend to beat up the switch in to it.
Hey there, I really like the idea of this team of using Magnezone + Aerodactyl as it is pretty solid as an idea in itself. Your team is also pretty solid although I feel as though some of your sets are not the best the can possibly be. I think you should make Magnezone Choice Scarf > Choice Specs to be able to deal with Birdspam pretty conveniently as well as be able to deal with Thundurus which is a pretty huge threat to your team. You will still be able to remove steels such as Scizor and Ferrothorn while making Magnezone able to preform more in it's role with a Choice Scarf.

I also feel as though Excadrill is not the optimal hazards remover for you as it has pretty bad synergy with the rest of the team. I think you should use Defog Latios > Excadrill as Latios allows you to deal with Landorus which is a pretty huge threat to your team and also acts as a secondary counter to Keldeo if Azumarill is to be burned by Scald. Also Latios has pretty great synergy with Megnezone as Magnezone removes steels for Latios while also covering it's weakness to fairy.

Finally, I also think that Talonflame's role on the team is pretty futile with the changes above. Also since Magnezone is a pretty slow Choice Scarf user, this naturally leaves you pretty weak to a lot of set up sweepers. One example is Gyarados; so I suggest using Focus Sash Breloom > Talonflame, which can easily stop a lot of set up sweepers as it can take a hit and Spore/retaliate with a move or priority Mach Punch. I don't think you need Talonflame very much as Garchomp already lures and weakens Landorus-T with Swords Dance + Outrage for an eventual Aerodactyl sweep.

Other than that, I feel as though this team has quite a lot of potential, so good luck with testing and I hope I helped!

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic (Psychic > Psyshock to 2hko Clefable)
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb (You can consider using Swords Dance over Rock Tomb here as it's viable again since Aegislash and Mega Mawile are gone.)
Landorus-I falls to Aqua Jet from Azu.
Talon is a nice Special Attacker to have around, so I'm reluctant to make the change. Partially cause it can wreck Tran, has Priority, and weakens Aero Checks.
I found your team a bit vulnerable against Mega Manectric.
You could try to Choice Scarf your Excadrill which could check M-Manectric and Adamant Mega Zard-X after a DD.
Also a nice check against Bird Spam.

-1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 306-362 (103 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excadrill @Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
Probably not going to happen, cause Exca already beats Mega Man. Unsure about making the change to Scarf too cause after SR, Mega Aero outspeeds (Changed the spread to 80 HP / 252 Atk+ / 176 Spd cause I'm tired of being outsped Pinsir)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)